Passport

I created a new member group.

It is “Passport”

It is for members that ALMOST pas the naturalization process.

Basically, you can post and are trusted enough to see the same board citizens do, however…

1: You cannot hold EP office.

2: You cannot vote in EP affairs.

3: You have no rights under due process. You are a guest of the board until enough time has passed for you to become a citizen.

— Begin quote from ____

I created a new member group.

It is “Passport”

It is for members that ALMOST pas the naturalization process.

Basically, you can post and are trusted enough to see the same board citizens do, however…

1:  You cannot hold EP office.

2:  You cannot vote in EP affairs.

3:  You have no rights under due process.  You are a guest of the board until enough time has passed for you to become a citizen.

— End quote

I’m curious as to the amount of time that needs to pass before a ‘passport’ holder can become a citizen (point 3). I’d also like to hear Barb’s opinion on this too

This is a cool idea. A way of acknowledging the non-troll contributors to the region who can’t seem to get connected to the forum through a server that can be identified.

Perhaps their Mum has Virgin UK and uses that nasty netblock server that Branson’s folks say “speeds up” the Internet and Branson’s detractors say is just a way to harvest surfing patterns to sell to advertisers - and poor little Eustace has no control over that.

Perhaps they’re kinda “borrowing” Internet access - or just using public hotspots and their IP jumps all over the place because they have no consistent connection.

Perhaps Ma and Pa Nosypants use a keystroke logger than routes them through a proxy server so they can spy on their FaceBook obsession and they don’t even know it.

A passport would be a nice way of acknowledging their contributions to the region until the connection they use is stable and identifiable. I am stealing Pack’s idea here: it would be by citizen nomination to Admin. The goal is to get an already active player to stay and play while protecting the one player = on vote democracy of government from a ballot stuffing carpetbagger.

It’s not a path to citizenship. That path is per Concordat. It’s an elevated member status to reward players who can’t achieve citizenship at the moment. When they do achieve citizenship status is up to them. No one is under the thumb of a big brudder or nosy parents forever - when they get a stable connect and log in consistently with it, they can try for citizenship again.

Unlike citizenship, which is merely granted for meeting certain criteria, Passport to TEP would be earned. It’s an alternative way of encouraging involvement for the vast majority who lurk outside of citizenship for fear that you or I will try to rope them into being in government (MUHAHAHAHA! Filthy earth larva. But I digress). It’s an incentive for the disappointed who don’t meet the criteria for citizen at the moment to stay put and have fun.

Oh… I think I see. So it’s more like a step-up from member status in that they’re recognized for displaying interest in citizenship, but isn’t a citizenship status. Having a passport doesn’t mean that if they have it for a while they’re just made a citizen, but rather they can maintain the passport status until they are able to meet the requirements for a citizen mask & want to become a citizen. Is that right? :ph43r:

… and twice a year we can start a http://www.usagreencardlottery.org/ among PASSPORTed users!

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

— Begin quote from ____

Having a passport doesn’t mean that if they have it for a while they’re just made a citizen, but rather they can maintain the passport status until they are able to meet the requirements for a citizen mask & want to become a citizen. Is that right?

— End quote

Depends.
<_<

Two players registered a legitimate respectful complaint and repaired their status so they were then naturalized and never needed Passport status. I wish they were the rule, but they prove to be the exception.

If the nation goes around trolling, they find out Viceroy is on an abusive power trip thing and I haz a despotic reputation to maintain along with my girlish figure. Or that we refuse to feed trolls here because they make the game no fun. I haven’t seen a troll hang around long enough to repair a damaged reputation. I have seen a couple of borderline trolls return promising to play nice and be active, but they all have CTEd again.

Most of the players denied citizenship don’t complain or contribute anything to the region but a failed attempt to gain citizenship. They post 3 or 4 times and then fall silent.

I didn’t think I was even close to borderline trolling,was I?

Sorry for the double post
So does this mean I might have a shot at citizenship?

— Begin quote from ____

->MODERATED BY FORUM MODERATOR<-
Everyone double posts sometimes and that’s fine.  When the it becomes a consistent pattern, it will be considered annoying, therefore - spam: unwanted posting.  Your double post was consolidated and this will be your gentle reminder that habitual double posting is bad manners.  If you continue to make one sentence posts followed by one sentence posts, we can fix that, but we’ll get tired of it.

— End quote

You were told by Admin the following:
— Begin quote from ____

I would suggest you do not seek to dispute this any further, because I can tell you right now that it would be fruitless. You should not expect the warning to ever be removed, however, if over time (and we’re talking months and years, here) you act and conduct yourself in a more positive manner, the administration may - and I emphasise the word “may” - take a more lenient view in the future.

— End quote

Bringing this up again is a gravedig, which is trying to shine light on a matter previously resolved. Gravedigging is a form of spam. Like habitually double posting is spam.

Perhaps no one answered your questions because they have been answered previously, repeatedly, and with clarity.

The answers are:

Yes you most certainly were.
I sincerely doubt it.

Thread locked.