[PROPOSAL] Standing Orders of the Magisterium - Additional Reforms

Tabled for now

Bringing this back for consideration after making relevant changes to conform with recent amendments to the SOM.

Can we change “Change of Magister Status” to “Change of WA Status”? “Magister Status” made me think this was petitioning to be suspended, and that confused me until I read on. Also the “without resigning and reapplying” seems unnecessary - it seems like an explanation of why it might be necessary, but if you remove it the clause has the exact same effect.

I’m not certain about 8.2.3 but it works in TSP and it could drive activity; not to mention, the Provost in current times is pretty good with reminding people about votes. However, if we get a lazy or malicious Provost, it wouldn’t take long for them to whittle down Magisterium numbers - doing important votes at the start of the month with the most active members before those who were removed can reapply could be a recipe for subversion. I’m a bit cautious, but would like to hear what others have to say.

Everything else looks good and makes sense. Support.

Edited with the recommended changes.

Just bringing up a thought here, the proposed 8.2.2 and the proposed 8.2.3 may likely make enforcement of activity requirements complicated for the Provost and their deputies.

I would seek additional input or a consensus as to whether we should use solely 8.2.2, 8.2.3 or remain with both clauses.