Re-envision: In Five Hours or Less

Decaying Ruins of The University of the East Pacific

Marrabuk put UTEP under the Ministry of Information and Communication temporarily until the elections are over. That gave me, as deputy minister of MoIC, less than 5 hours to re-envision it all. This was my solution in the time I had available to show how UTEP can be relevant again:

Out with the old. Gone, gone and more gone. A forum university has not worked for TEP in 17 years. Everyone has these grand ideas, complicated subforums, and a vision for the future. It just doesn’t work here. Cold hard truth. So I asked myself… what might work? We have a forum, a portal and a wiki. It’s a combination of all three that could be the answer. I created its own web page https://port.tep.li/university-of-the-east-pacific and got to thinking that it would be perfect for a FAQ page.

For starters I archived it all but left the most worthy part of the whole education scheme, the library, and then embarked on this mission of brainstorming what would make the university better. What’s important to new people? Having their questions answered easily. So the solution to that is sending out a regionwide telegram to survey them with a Google form. But while I was making that simple questionnaire to get the FAQ page made… I realized that Google forms can be used for quizzes. So now we can have a courses directory here on the forum that links people to Google forms powered quizzes.

Lastly, we have something called TEPwiki, that has only roleplayers on it. Yes it is dedicated to who is going to use it the most but something called categories and having a regional government main page means that things like Delegates of The East Pacific, which would be sponsored by UTEP, might actually be updated. I’ll be working on a request thread here for wiki permission masking in the Technical Center.

So if I can do all this in a few hours in my free time… imagine what would happen if EVERYONE worked together? We’d have the best self-service University in all of NationStates.