[REF]Civil Right v. Civil Death

We as citizens are allowed so many rights if you’ re from America as an example.

I am currenlty a student in college and this topic has haunted me for some time after I was to do a essay on the topic.

Today we as a people can make millions of choices reguarding ourseleves, our family, and our propery. Examples of this are build a home with whatever we choose to put in it. Have a family and run that family how we see fit. Then when it come to ourselves we are given more than can be counted. Tattos, Peircings, Drink, Smoke, if you don’t like 10 fingers and perfer 9 you can eliminate 1.

My reasoning for all this is simply that I love the freedoms that are are given but yes at times I feel the government should step in. Yes I’m a conservative, and no this is not about abortion. It is about suicide. Did you know that attemping suicide is illegal and you can be prosecuted for it.

For the time being I am going to post a poll to get the ideas of other members. I encourage you to give me feedback to the topic. If I recieve enough feedback this could possibly turn into legislation.

Should individuals that attempted suicide be prosectuted? Yes or No

You know, if we spent money on trying to help people who want to commit suicide, instead of prosecuting them when they fail, we’d probably stop more people from killing themselves. Which is my primary reason against.

But, on top of that, there’s also the fact that suicide is considered wrong only according to western-religion based doctrines. Last I checked, we were a secular government. Let’s keep it that way.

I agree with FPS. Prosecution for attempted suicide seems absurd to me. Most attemped suicides are the result of mental illness. Since when have prosecuted individuals for being ill? The answer is to provide help, not judgement.

What Kangarawa said. Generally suicide attempts are the result of problems that can not be solved by the criminal justice system.