Repeal of the Culture and Identity Act

I hereby introduce this motion to repeal the Culture and Identity Act, on the basis of the failure of the proposed Concordatial amendment, which probably failed because few people actually understood what they were voting on. But whatever, what’s done is done, and there is now a redundancy to be corrected. I don’t know if this stupid Article will ever be removed, but I don’t want to keep a redundant law on the books any more than I have to. Tbh, I don’t see the need for discussion either, considering the circumstances, so I will be immediately motioning it to a vote.

I motion this to a vote.

I’m not sure this is the best move.

The redundancies between your Act and the Concordat mostly reside in the first section. Deleting those redundancies leaves a lot more of the Act to remain. While your original purpose of the bill has been rendered null since Article H still exists, the bill still has some value as officially recognizing various cultural artifacts of TEP.

Considering many of the people who voted against in the Referendum claimed it was because they didn’t like the act (even though that wasn’t what we were voting for), I don’t think it’s particularly salvageable.

Waiting for a second.

I second.

Acknowledged, vote here