Rescue Mission

He was blind to the walls constraining him, deaf to the cries of protest. Only those… he paused, counting the words, before resuming the dramatic monologue; Only those 20 words meant anything to him. They blazed into his skull, a challenge, a cry for help; a distress call!

He walked along the corridor, naked, to the room at the end of the hall. Slamming his fist to the metal pad to the side of the door, it slid open; the sussuration echoing around the walls inside. He stepped in, and began to dress.

Grey, calf length boots slid over charcoal grey trousers; a shirt of finest ring mail over the dark undershirt. A grey coat, knee length and fastened at the waist by a simple cord belt over the top. At one side hung the ribbon blade; a plain, unadorned knife at the other. The badge affixed to his collar the only decoration.

Satisfied, he strolled out of the room and took a right turn. Another corridor, a set of double doors - no security required, this time. He stepped out into the atrium, and surveyed those waiting there - the ones he had summoned. Dissapointing, he considered, that not all he had sent for would see fit to answer the call. There were enough.

To the puzzled glances they levelled at him, he held up a sign, unrolling it for all to see. The words on it were simple:

— Begin quote from ____

The Delegate has been Kidnapped by Robotic Fridge Owl Ninjas
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the delegate?

— End quote

He rerolled the paper, sure they’d all had time to consider the words.
“Well,” he asked. “Are you?”

OOC: Erm, yeah, not sure where this came from. I was inspired, perhaps. Have no idea where it’s going, or even if it’s going anywhere. I don’t think it has anything to do with anything, just some kind of character based ‘rescue the delegate’ rp. Obviously, it’s not serious. It may not even be nation based - maybe some kind of covert rescue group? I really don’t know. I’m not even sure if the delegate has been captured, or this guy is insane, or whatever. If people are at all interested in this, just jump in and give it some shape. Or don’t, and let it die. However you feel…

ooc: will post shortly. till then http://www.insaneabode.com/Articles/baddude.html

She steps out of the dark sedan, checks the position of her sword, makes sure that her white gloves are still a crisp white, checks her hat, makes sure there are no stray hairs falling from under her hat. She glances down at her shoes, seeing her reflection she gives a one sided smile. She walks up the steps and into the room, she says in a soft voice.

“Hello, I know it says “dude” but dudettes can fight too.”

She sits down and looks around.

Ah, m’lord and m’lady! It is quite the pleasent occassion to meet once more.

The wirey man pointed one toe forward and swept himself into a rather impossibly low bow. As he once again stood at full height, small metalic echo of his iron staff reverberating on the marble floor and the rattle of objects in his satchel was quite noticable. His somewhat worn orange clothing hardly matched the outlandish wording, and more than a few around him smirked.

So we’re off to safe the blessed head from the colorful star-throwers are we now? I’ve brought all my tools, just you wait and see.

A level 25 Dragonblood Martial Artist, wearing a normal looking trenchcoat, walks into the room. He sits on a chair, and files his claws.

In the backroom, two men sat, both wearing casual clothes, with black jackets. One had on a pair of glasses, and looked rather geekish, the other looked like he could break a man’s back at the slightest whim. The geekish one sat forward. “Do we have any information to start out with?”

Ah and we have the cloaked mysterioso with his pretty little claws. Quite a good friend to have if I do say so myself. Tell me. Are they real or just part of the glove?

All the while the wiry, orange-clad man slide closer to the martial artist till he was in arms distance.

Im using D20 modern rulebooks for my charector here :stuck_out_tongue:

“The claws are real, but I do wear the gloves of hazard.”
+1 gloves fit with claws. They add 1d6 of damage worn by normal people, but naturaly clawed races get 1d8 damage modifiers.

He turned around to survey those that had indicated their involvement in this endeavour. “Excellent. I am, as you know, Dr. Grey. Perhaps if those of you who haven’t met each other would care to introduce yourselves, then we can soon begin planning how we intend to rescue the delegate.” He gestured to the first of them to begin.

— Begin quote from ____

A level 25 Dragonblood Martial Artist, wearing a normal looking trenchcoat, walks into the room. He sits on a chair, and files his claws.

— End quote

ooc, shouldnt that be 25th level grand high master of Key FU.

OOC: lol, I want to try my new rulebooks out, so :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, the respected Dr. Grey. Is that G-r-a-y or G-r-e-y? No, don’t answer that. Allow me to introduce myself. If you are to be Dr. Grey, I will be the Orange Earl. Yes, that does sound quite fitting, quite unlike these simple trappings.

As if to demonstrate their poor quality he begins the first few steps of a waltz and then stops, allowing another to speak.

“Idiots. I am Intel. If I get paid, I will not fail.”

The geek stood first. In his late thirties, the man obviously didn’t get out white…his skin tone was about as white as one could believe. The t-shirt he was wearing didn’t even try to hug his skinny body, but, as he stood, a small lump in his jacket signified that he was carying…although, from the looks of things, it was only a six shot revolver. “Nice to meet you, doctor. I’m Donald Jackson, EPIA. I’m good with just about anything electronic, from bugs to computers, can aquisition just about anything you need, and can stand sitting in the back of a van for several days without leaving. I look forward to getting to know you all, to work with you all…and to catch whoever has our delegate.”

As he sat, the other man, in his mid twenties stood. He had a nice tan, and the t-shirt he was wearing seem to barely cover his muscles, which ripled even as he stood. Through his jacket, several weapons could be seen, the largest being about the size of an MP5, the smallest that of a beretta. “I’m Arnold Cruise, from the EPIA, like Donald. The difference is that I’m not a girlyman, like he is.” Donald swore, and cupped his head in his hands. “But I won’t doddle on his weakness. My specialty is weapons, but I’m good with explosives and driving. I look forward to terminating whoever it is that has our leader.”

ooc: ha, this is shaping up beautifully. just as wierd as the region itself.

A one sided smirk, she unfolds her six foot four inch frame from the chair. She shrugs and speaks in a soft voice.

Dawn is the name, Amazon is the race, I only want to see what ya’ll have to offer.

The strong man sat forward. “What about you?” he asked the kung fo w/e guy.

OOC: Just a quick note to say that, once my six hours of exams tomorrow are over, I will get involved in this thread again…

OOC: lol, no problem man…I know how exams can get.

Eurasia: A few hours ago…

The Alpha Team’s men were working out. Flex was doing his usual work out routine. As he was benching more weight than anyone else on the colony could. Suddenly, Rita walks into the room. “Guys we have a priority rescue mission!”

Dack: “Let me see.” Rita hands him the holo-pad. She smiles at him. He did look sexy when he was working out. Dack smiles back. Good Aoura, she had a nice smile. Dack plays the message for the team to hear.

Flex: “So what? He ain’t our leader.”

Rita: “So…” Pushes another icon. “Sattilite survaliance of the Region.”

A cloud of brightly colored robotic fridge owls in ninja gear fly over the Capitol. The swarm swoops down and attacks the Capitol building. They carry out the delegate and fly off.

Zed: “Well… That can’t be normal fridge owl behavior…”

Rita: “No. It isn’t.”

Zed: “Still not the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.”

Dack: “You keep saying that. What WAS the weirdest thing you ever saw?”

Zed: “Dr. Zain Cronos, drunk, singing kareoke.”

Absolute slience.

Dack: “That’s not weird that’s… Disturbing. Granted we’ve all seen the big seven Generals drunk doing that, but Dr. Cronos?”

Zed: “I got into his home movies when we infiltrated that Cronigan base. I have the file on my PET…”

Dack: Disturbed “Maybe some other time…”

Flex: “Yeah. I want to get me some fragged owl on a stick for a snack!”

Dack: “All right! Alpha Team roll out!”

The Meeting Place

The Team walks in formation to the room. Dack in the lead.

Dack: “Alpha Team reporting for duty!” Give the O’Neil salaute/wave.