[RESOLUTION] on Cultural Neutrality

BE IT RESOLVED BY THE MAGISTERIUM OF THE EAST PACIFIC

SECTION I. CITATION

…1.1. This resolution shall be known and cited as the “Resolution on Cultural Neutrality”.

SECTION II. FINDINGS

…2.1. Events hosted by the Ministry of Culture of The Confederated East Pacific and foreign counterpart ministries are popular amongst the East Pacifican people as leisure activities.

…2.2. The enjoyment of these cultural events transcends political ideology, alignment, and rivalry.

…2.3. The East Pacific is a region beholden to no political ideology or alignment.

…2.4. Resolutions are not binding on the Magisterium’s procedures nor the Executive’s affairs.

SECTION III. Resolutions

…3.1. The Magisterium declares cultural events to be neutral ground for The East Pacific.

…3.2. The Magisterium encourages the Executive to not limit participation in cultural events on the basis of political ideology, alignment, and rivalry, and denounces any attempts to do so by the Executive or by other regions.

…3.3. The Magisterium opposes any treaties mandating cultural sanctions or embargoes on the basis of political ideology, alignment, and rivalry.

…3.4. None of these resolutions apply to the act of hosting an event on a regional scale, but rather participation on an individual scale.

1 Like

So this has been a big point of conflict between TEP and MGC, so I thought a resolution declaring this position is an important statement that we can make as a region.

While this is a good Resolution on paper, this would 100% put us in the sights of MGC and their sub-optimal war on Raiders. While I support this Resolution, I wanted it noted that this will lead to MGC potentially reconsidering their relationship with us. We have already seen the mental gymnastics MGC will play to justify why they couldn’t be a part of Paradoxical.

It’s certainly possible, but I imagine we can also use it as a show of proof that the issue of leaving alignment at the door in cultural events is one our region cares deeply about, and maybe them seeing that we won’t back down will help pressure them into considering the actual consequences of this contested policy.

Our values are more important than holding relations with a group that don’t respect us for them, in my opinion this is worth shaking the bridge a little if it comes to that. I support the resolution and think it would be good to have our stance written in a more formal form.

To Shadow: In all honesty, and if the interested people read this then good for you, fuck MGC’s sanctions. Their behaviour is that of absolute control and if they get even remotely close to my DMs about this resolution I will gladly remind them who’s in charge of TEP.

This resolution has full support from me.

To everyone:

I am in full support of this Resolution. I dont care about the ridiculous sanctions that MGC comes burdened with. I was bringing awareness that there will be people who will view us negatively for this move and others who will bypass this Resolution because [insert any mental gymnastics they wanna throw here]. A word if caution was all i wanted to bring. Other than that, this Resolution has my full support and I look forward to having fun cultural events in the future

I motion this resolution to a vote.

Seconded

Acknowledged, Vote here

Proposal has been motioned to vote.