Riots Erupt in Listonia

http://www.cpiml.org/liberation/year_2005/december_05/img/riot_in_mau.jpg
The gutted remains of Relusi’s Banking District
http://blog.macx.org/uploaded_images/riots-741272.jpg
Damages in Vilines could reach upwards of 100 million Veskonos as the death toll continues to rise.

Riots Erupt in Listonia
Reporting from the V3 Network in Vekaiyu, Alekandraa Visnelius

The bells of freedom and remembrance rang once again in Skendia, the border town between Listonia and Vekaiyu. Hopes and dreams of the two regions reuniting were sparked last night when two of Listonia’s largest cities, Relusi and Vilines, erupted in all-out chaos. It came at a cost, however.

What seemed to be a harmless celebration of (Nation 7)'s Constitution Day has erupted in a series of apparently coordinated riots in the two largest cities. Predominantly vulpine, and in close proximity to the eastern boarders, Relusi and Vilines quickly ignited into a very intense skirmish between civilians and police at approximately eight PM Vekaiyu time standard.

Confrontations between civilians and police resulted in deadly force used by both sides. Military force was brought in to control the masses, and fighting has remained relatively deadlocked as the conflict reaches the twenty-four hour mark.

Reported casualties are astoundingly high: 237 confirmed civilian deaths - 205 of which vulpine - to a mere 28 in the defensive end of the conflict.

An act of War
Commenting on the attacks, Todd Leyuski and Selvala McEva both had strong words for (Nation 7)'s president.

“This act of genocide will not be tolerated,” Leyuski said in a press conference addressed to the nation. “Listonia has battled long and hard to remove herself from a tyrannical regime, but they are conveniently ignored and treated as fodder by foreign interests. Our brothers and sisters are pleading to the world for help, and I will answer them with a bold yes. There is much unrest in (Nation 7), and it is time this was brought to the world’s attention once more. Genocide will not be tolerated, and any nation which turns a blind eye to this act will be viewed as a nation which believes such acts are acceptable. Woe to such misguided nations.”

Leyuski declined to comment if any type of force would be used against (Nation 7) if tensions escalated.

In a similar conference, Selvala McEva demanded (Nation 7) to cease and desist all acts of violence, citing “an assault on the vulpine race is an assault on Vekaiyu herself. Atrocities such as this should be met with harsh consequences. We will not tolerate this under any circumstances.”

Historical Consequences
Listonia is a former province of Vekaiyu, representing the nation’s eastern lands until 1659, when the country was carved in half due to foreign intervention during the Vekaiyun civil war. This partition, often declared as an illegal gain for benefiting nations, was followed by centuries of unrest and division.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5561/nw22jb9.jpg
Vekaiyu, present day
Vekaiyu’s believed Listonia boarder
Kunnat Highlands (Not incorporated into Listonia, but still predominantly vulpine)

The stateless nation’s people have remained strong and undivided throughout troublesome times. It is estimated that nearly seventy percent of the current location of Listonia is vulpine, with seventy five percent declaring their faith to Vayan Catholicism. In the nations which incorporate Listonia, Unonian is not recognized, yet over fifty percent of the region’s population speak this vulpine language. Children go to schools to learn about non-vulpine history, and the teaching of vulpine practices is frowned upon.

Eduard Nelus, 25, was a vulpine middle management worker in Vilines. “What hurts me the most is our inability to pray during times of the day,” he said. “Vayan Catholicism asks us to pray four times a day. I was refused this by my company after they deemed it non-productive and demanded I concentrate on my work in the firm’s time.”

“[The government of (Nation 7)] doesn’t care about us. We’re viewed as second-class citizens, gypsies who can’t live up to the standards of other races.”

This interview was conducted four days prior to the riots. V3 has learned Kivo (Mr.) Nelus has been one of the over two hundred casualties in the skirmishes of yesterday and today.

Pray for our kind
The presiding bishop of Skendia, Fr. Fransis Iluvela, watched the entire situation escalate on a television in a cafe next to the Cathedral of St. Ankya.

“My prayers go out to those who suffer and those who continue to suffer. May The Almighty bless them and keep them, reminding each and every one that they are never too far from his hand.”

Masses have been extended today to allow for an extra service to those who have died in today’s conflict.

“May the lives lost not be for a lost cause,” he added.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~craigg/g4c/belgrade-tv.jpg
The bombed east wing of The Federal Reserve Building in Ye’leli, (Nation 7)

Tensions Rise in Listonia
Reporting from the V3 Network in Vekaiyu, Alekandraa Visnelius

Day two of the conflict between the rioters and military personnel continued today in (Nation 7) far into the night. Cities of Relusi and Vilines resumed fighting at around 5 AM Vekaiyun Standard Time and quickly resulted in a building-to-building conflict, as soldiers combed confine after confine, making slow but deadly progress.

Later in the day, cities of Niskobu and Ye’leli exploded in conflict, as the Federal Reserve Building of Ye’leli was hit with a what is believed to be a series of C4 explosives, carving a gaping hole in the structure. Two security personnel were injured as a result.

The Ground Shook
At around 6am Vekaiyun Standard Time, the Federal Reserve Building erupted in a great ball of flame. Broken glass mixed with damaged concrete and rained down toward the streets as daylight broke in the predominantly vulpine town, rumored to be near the birthplace of Fevunik, an important historical figure in Vekaiyun history. Since the building was hit approximately an hour before standard operation hours, the confines were generally unoccupied, save for a few security guards, two of which were treated and then released at Yehency General.

Fifteen minutes later, the Gilinos Trust Building was struck with a similar but less-potent bomb. Three firefighters are in stable condition after the blast tore concrete and brick from the structure.

Fires raged for roughly three hours. Cleanup crews were quickly assembled and set to work, much to the difficulty of working under the watchful eye of a predominantly vulpine crowed which stood nearby.

The true victim in this attack was (Nation 7)'s financial security - stocks dipped more than seven hundred points as the nation came to grips with the suspension of one of three of their federal reserves. Economic forecasters believe this sharp downturn looks to rebound once safer times reach (Nation 7), yet for the time being, things look bleak.

Death Tolls Rising
The sound of car bombings can still be heard in Relusi, the hardest hit from the recent rash of riots, well into the night. These are apparently used to create barriers between the rioters and soldiers as the fighting continues, though many storefronts have been damaged or blown off completely.

Vilines remains a battleground as well, as vulpine blood flows across streets. Fires are still going as night turns to day in the city, and ambulance sirens are commonplace. Dead bodies litter the streets, and the smell of death is thick in the air.

Multiple towns have revolted and began to riot as well, though it is unclear where and how much in most cases. (Nation 7) ceased reporting these incidents roughly 9 pm VST.

The current toll stands at 919 - 845 of which are vulpine. Fifty two soldiers and police personnel have lost their lives in this growing conflict. The Bishop of Eldura has asked Vekaiyun citizens and Christians abroad to pray for the fallen.

Grave Words
The current leader of Vekaiyu, Selvala McEva had harsh words for the leaders of (Nation 7). She called for an end to the genocide and warned, “if (Nation 7) cannot contain its violence toward the vulpine people, we will intervene with force. Anyone who opposes will truly show their fascist and hateful ways.”

Todd Leyuski, Kral Commodore of Vekaiyun forces, did not comment on the use of force, but instead in a televised interview said, “There numerous qualities which separate us from barbaric acts such as this. For too long Vekaiyu has appeared as an enemy, a nation full of hated people in the jaded eyes of the world. This act shows without a doubt vulpine kind is the victim of unnecessary anger and rage. Woe to those who have to lose their lives in such a cruel and uncaring world.”

OOC: Can I suggest that you move this into the RP forum? If you look at the other threads here, they’re outlets for news services not meant for IC replies, while it looks like you’re trying to start an RP with this. Just a suggestion; I’m sure you have access to the controls to move the thread if you agree to it.

EMERGENCY DECLARED IN SIXTOP PROVINCE
http://blogs.state.gov/images/UNGA/field/2008_0207_chad_bh_m.jpg
Sevropian National Guard Forces Deploy to Vilines City; Commander Promises to “Restore Order Quickly”

EIGHTOSK – The President of Sevropia today declared a state of emergency in the Severopian province bordering Vekaiyu

The announcement came during a press conference in the presidential palace. Sevropian President Scott Tensin stated that the ongoing situation in the borderlands is “alarming” and that city police forces “definitely need assistance.” The President promised that the national guard will “act with proper restraint to avoid any fatalities” but pledged to “restore order with all due diligence.”

The President then took a few moments to respond to propaganda being put out by the V3 Network in Vekayiu. “The number of casualties at this point is nowhere near as great as V3 has claimed,” Tensin stated, “we’ve only registered around six hundred deaths. It is worth noting that two hundred of those deaths were a direct result of the terrorist bombing attacks yesterday, when packed financial centers were wracked with explosions.”

The President did not deny that the situation was grim. “We’re talking about massive rioting throughout the border province of Sixtop,” the President stated, “it goes without saying that its bad out there. Most government services have ceased operating, police have complete control in few of the affected areas, and emergency services are seeing a lot of trouble responding to fires because of rioter attacks. That said, the violence has only spread to eleven counties, and many citizens remain uninvolved.”

“As for the claim that military forces deployed after only a day, well, that’s just bogus,” the President stated. “Until now, only provincial guard units had reinforced police, which is why I think you’ll definitely now see an improvement in the security situation.” The President did say that the government did not oppose considering the grievances of the Vekayiun minority. “I’ve always been willing to meet with minority leaders to work out problems. This kind of violence just isn’t necessary.”

While the President spoke, close to eight thousand national guard forces began moving into the troubled province, reportedly with orders to “non-fatally disperse rioters.” The national guard will reinforce provincial guard units along with local police officers, who have faced serious resistance over the past few days.

Written by Tom Grady, Sevropian News Network, with help from Chris Gop, Eightoskian Times

OOC: We have names for nations! Sevropia is nation 7, and Nation 44, due west of Sevropia, is Dveria (at least that’s what Vekaiyuns call those nations!)
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6143/selvalaqi9.png
Selvala McEva Standing before a massive painting in the I’gnelu Building, Eldura

Selvala Addresses The Situation on International Television

ELDURA - At approximately 2 pm VST, the current Leader of Vekaiyu, Selvala McEva, addressed to the world the concerns and issues surrounding Vekaiyu, Sevropia, and nations composing of the stateless nation Listonia. Below is the complete transcript.

Good day, citizens of the world. I come before you as any other sensible woman would when her people are being senselessly executed for dreaming of a brighter tomorrow.

I am appalled at the barbaric actions of Sevropia; however, this is just a recent addition to a long list of atrocities committed against the vulpine people ever since Listonia was illegally partitioned from our jurisdiction over four hundred years ago. Evidence of genocidal acts have been revealed through the progression of time, as Sevropia and Dveria both have committed such atrocities against sentient species, namely the vulpine race, time and time again. Due to our unpopularity, our race has been seen as a convenient target, as they have attempted to ethnically cleanse their respective nations of our people without much success. However, many nations have turned a blind eye to these crimes, citing our war-like past. But I ask you, leaders and citizens of nations abroad, how would you react if barbaric nations surrounded your doors? Would you lay down your arms and let them march in, or bear your teeth and keep them at bay?

We are not a people who love war. We are a people who want to live free and without fear. Too often we have been denied such basic rights most races and nations enjoy, and due to our refusal to lie down and instead fight for our rights and beliefs, we’ve been painted as horrible people. I ask you, who are the horrible people - those who are hunted, or those who hunt?

Sevropia is continuing to ethnically cleanse their provinces which had been Vekaiyun for millenniums. They are killing innocent people who cry out for freedom, are stabbing the soul of hope, and are poisoning the so-called basic rights ensured by all nations. No vulpine sentient being is safe within their lands, lands which had been theirs for centuries upon centuries.

Today, I ask you, men, women, and children of the world, to fight for the rights of all. Judge us not by the shape of our ears, but by the size of our hearts. See us not with long tails, but with souls and consciences. Look upon us not as undeserving creatures, but creatures who are crying, begging, pleading for assistance. After all, our cries sound exactly as your own.

I call on the Sevropian government to cease all attacks, especially those which are dangerously close to the Vekaiyun border. Furthermore, I ask the nations of the world to join me and the other Vekaiyun Candidate for leadership, Todd Leyuski, in talks to form the free state of Listonia. I am bold in asking for this, but I honestly feel my kind will never rest, never find sanctuary until these genocidal acts cease. I wish to solve this non-violently, something Sevropia has lost over the past sixty hours into this conflict.

Everyone deserves freedom, and everyone deserves a chance at life. Thank you and good day.

The broadcast then featured recent photographs of the violence in Sevropia, including images of dead vulpine men, women, and children, along with live-footage of fires raging in Relusi, all backed by the former anthem of Listonia when it was a Vekaiyun state, sung by children, playing in hthe background.

The broadcast was aired on international television and will be aired a second time at 6 pm VST.

© 2009 V3 news services

OOC: Mercenary family, y´know… :slight_smile:

http://blog.800hightech.com/wp-content/uploads/usn-naval-fleet-cruise.jpg
Extracted from DNN:

“…and our country is now mobilizing the 2nd fleet to the border of Vekaiyu national waters as an answer to the vulpine uprising currently happening on their borders with Sevropia and Dveria…”

From an interview with a military spokesman:

“…for far too long we cared only for protecting our borders from the bloodthristy unhuman tide that threates our very existence. But this is enough. We receive eveidences from the Sevropian government that the so-called cleansing was an terrorist act staged by Vekaiyu to justify an invasion. If Selvala McEva stays in this course, we might be the ones forced to intervene…”

And from an economic newspaper

“…Sevropia and Drakkengard just signed an extremely favourable trade agreement that…”

The Lazlowian Red Cross will send aid to Sevropia, announced Foreign Minister Radics

In response of the recent events in Sevropia, Minister of Foreign Affairs Radics Jázon made an official statement today. In his speech the Minister condemned both sides of the conflict, and claimed that the People’s Republic of Lazlowia will remain neutral in this matter.

“Lazlowia has never and will never support irredentism. Standing on the side of the vulpines would mean support for the irredentism, and this would befoul our principles. But I must also state that the Government of Lazlowia disagrees with the methods used by the sevropian forces, which already claimed many innocent lives. We strongly request them no to abuse their position.”

The minister also stated that the Government and the Communist Party will send humanitarian aid to the conflict zone through the Lazlowian Red Cross.

For additional stories, details, and links to references, check Lumina-telegram.ikw.

Whispers of a defensive pact with Veiyaku and Warre have been reported

As of three o’clock this afternoon, several unverified reports of the King and his advisers sending information to the Veiyakuese government in regards to a defensive pact have been reported, numbering no less than seven. Official words on this matter have not been given, in confirmation or denial.

Throughout the nation, a proclamation has been given, from the King himself over the radio. Repeated here;

"We are in an unstable time, having climbed out of an unstable time by our bootstraps. Despite the fact that in the “Self Defense Forces Act of 1972”, Clann Militias were officially outlawed, I have let an avenue for the militia to be allowed legitimately, and trained legitimately, to serve as ‘home guard’ for the provinces, and the boroughs within the provinces. Armament, training, and personnel will be still be investigated by the Imperial Warreic Army, and any illegal action or murder carried out by a member of one of the militias will be on his head and his commanding officer’s heads.

In addition, I will be authorizing the 18th and 12th Armored Reconnaissance & Mobilization System units to be placed within Veiyakuian borders, if the government of Veiyaku wishes for such help."

Dun dun dun dun.

This is the Warreic Royal News, on broadcast on the local affiliates of the WRN in the territories, and on WRN1, (Channel 2), within the Provinces. In this hour, we’ve got quite a good bit of information, and we’ll begin rolling with it now.

A well dressed, dark brown haired man who seems to be in his middle ages smiles to the cameras, giving a nod.

“Slàinte, Warre! In this hour, we’ve got an expose on the Daric Fruit-Bowl Monkey illnesses being reported, results from the Olympic games, and results from the Kirigakure Krakens and the Lumina Leviathans’s last Cluiche Dar Soirc match. But first, we bring you live, to the Royal Palace, where the King is making an announcement.”

There is a momentary pause, and then the picture cuts to live footage from the Palace, with the King standing at a podium, looking into the camera with a very fierce expression.

"The situation with the Listonian Vupline population, and the nation of Sevropia’s response to the situation, are rapidly deteriorating. Veiyaku, whom we hoped would be able to prosper along the rest of the world’s nations, without xenocism placed upon it, is being targeted by it’s ‘smaller, weaker neighbor’, and is being made to look like it is the bad guy in the situation, as if it is being manipulated.

There is no spin, and anyone who thinks that there is is a fool. Sevropia and Dveria’s colonialistic tendencies are just being fought back by Listonian natives, and I can not abide in a support of xenocidal and genocidal facism of such a sort; silence is support in that it is not opposition.

There was a dark blue uniformed military aide, who rushed to the King’s side, and whispered something in his ear, which made the King’s eyes widen and he almost yelled at the camera, before straightening himself out.

“In addition, if Drakkengard’s second fleet mobilizes anywhere near the coast of Veiyaku, or it passes through Warreic waters, such a fleet will be seen as a threat to our national sovereignty, and the regional peace of Taikai, and will be met with force as such. Such an action by Drakkengard will force Warre’s hand. We call out to our neighbors, the Elafos Coalition, the Athenusian Confederacy, and any other nation which is concerned about our regional safety, to take up arms against those who would enforce the facist, genocidal tendencies of Sevropia and Dveria’s nations. Show the clip.”

The picture cut out for a second, before a grainy, sound rife clip could be heard, the sound roaring fires, of shouts, of war. Anyone who knew the geography of Dveria would notice the surroundings in this grainy clip as being very similar, even as whoever was filming it was running.

There was a chortling noise, as if someone was about to throw up, and the sound of a car starting, just before the clip looked upon a pile of nearly two hundred Vulpine bodies, being burned in a bonfire, with Dverian army looking about. There were sounds of gunshots soon after, and the words, “Send it, Send it!”

Anglic Jutland’s President Threatens action against Vekaiyu and Warre if they go to war.

Today the President of Anglic Jutland Siegfried Toepfer issued this statement, “It saddens me that I must fight the motherland of a small minority of our valued citizens. But their xenophobic and disingenuous plans must be stopped. There is no genocide, all I see is nothing more than two fascists attempting to abuse the suffering of their kin for their own ends. And on those clips, they are obvious fakes. If Vekaiyu and their cronies attempt to start a war, we will have to intervene on behalf of the offended.”

http://www.warchat.org/pictures/battle_of_tanks_1965_dead_bodies.jpg
Photograph at Niskobu, courtesy Aarven Minesko
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7519/piluj6.jpg
Flag of the People for an Independent Listonia (PIL)

Selvala McEva: We Do Not Want War
Reporting from the V3 Network in Vekaiyu, Milosh Nivlielau

ELDURA - As tensions in Sevropia mount, the current leader of Vekaiyu, Selvala McEva, remains both calm and serious.

In an interview broadcasted over international television, translated into thirty-two languages, the vulpine woman expressed her concerns over the actions of neighboring Sevropia and Dveria, citing both recent and past events that should lead to talks about the formation of an independent state.

“I call on the Sevropian government to cease all attacks, especially those which are dangerously close to the Vekaiyun border. Furthermore, I ask the nations of the world to join me and the other Vekaiyun Candidate for leadership, Todd Leyuski, in talks to form the free state of Listonia. I am bold in asking for this, but I honestly feel my kind will never rest, never find sanctuary until these genocidal acts cease. I wish to solve this non-violently, something Sevropia has lost over the past sixty hours into this conflict.”

Later, Selvala addressed the people of Vekaiyu, explaining to them, “what we are witnessing is greed - greed shared by all species, but directed at vulpine kind. While the reign of Max Venavle complicated our standing in this world, one blemish should not mean an eternity of retribution. The likes of genocide, and those who support such genocidal acts, are truly lost, and will continue to goose-step into the mistakes made from the past. Hatred cannot be allowed to subsist anymore in our corner of the world.”

Upon hearing that Drakkenguard navel forces were moving near Vekaiyun waters, Milady responded by saying, “This is an unnecessary and disturbing move.”

Throughout the actions today, Todd Leyuski has remained unusually quiet.

Leader of the Resistance Movement Speaks Out
Stapen Evesuni, the current leader of PIL (People for an Independent Listonia), broadcasted a message over radio waves in Sevropia, stating, “We will lay down our guard and accept beating after beating. Loyal Listonians deserve peace and safety! In a government which has not listened to us for four hundred years, it’s unfortunate we have to use violence to have our voices heard. Long live Listonia!”

PIL, a relatively large organization stretching across Sevropia and Dveria, had adopted a stance of non-violence for nearly forty years before joining in the conflict today. As a result, reports of guerrilla warfare have inundated the southern provinces of the two nations, and entire cities have become battlegrounds where intense fighting continues into the night.

The organization itself dates back to gypsy horsemen attempting to free the partition state of Listonia in the seventeenth century, and has been formed, re-formed, attacked and been attacked, countless times in its history. At this time, it is unclear as to how many are enlisted in this organization.

Relusi Razed
With fighting still continuing in the cities of Relusi, Vilines, Niskobu, and Ye’leli into the third day, still little progress is made by the soldiers of Sevropia and the fighting faithful of her citizens.

From brave reporters, it is observed downtown Relusi is nothing more than a sunken display of rubble, with fighting, gunfire, and explosions commonplace. In this war-torn city, it is believed some 832 people have perished - 802 believed to be vulpine.

Totals do not fare much better - body counts are of the order 2,113 - 1,732 vulpine. Hardest-hit areas were Niskobu, where it was observed dead vulpine bodies were set in a line, almost as if they had been shot point-blank in the head, as all seem to only have partial skulls or no heads at all. This disturbing photograph, taken by a reporter for an independent newspaper in Kunnat Highlands, shows a row of bodies in front of a tank. It is unclear as to why or of what use the tank is in that proximity.

© 2009 V3 news services

Nations must “pull back from the brink” says Coakson

TINA REILEAN
NEORVINS BUREAU

Prime Minister Peter Coakson has called for East Pacific nations to “pull back from the brink of war” in a statement at Parliament today on the crisis in Listonia.

Noting the sending by Drakkengard of a naval fleet to support Sevropia and Dveria, Mr. Coakson warned that it was a dangerous escalation.

“Such actions are not helpful to the situation and could lead to a complete breakdown of peace in the region. I urge all nations to refrain from military action and focus on ending the violence first. This is an issue which a war will not solve.”

However, he also took issue with the description by the Vekaiyu government of the actions by security forces as “genocide”.

“It’s a word we have to be careful with. Racist or specieist violence is not acceptable. But we have not seen evidence other than from their rhetoric that a systematic extermination is taking place; what we do see is the excessive use of force, which must in any case end. It is clear that they are mounting an emotive propaganda effort which, again, is not helpful in resolving the crisis.”

Coakson added that he hoped cooler heads would prevail and that a military conflict would be avoided.

“[Military conflict] will only make the situation worse. I urge all nations to take a step back and consider the consequences their actions will have on the ordinary people in Vekaiyu, Listonia, Sevropia and Dveria.”

MARTIAL LAW DECLARED IN SIXTOP PROVINCE
http://www.mehrnews.com/mehr_media/image/2005/10/152266_orig.jpg
The Sevropian National Police Riot Squad Deployed in Vilines City Today to Reinforce Local Police as well as the National Guard

EIGHTOSK – The President of Sevropia has declared a state of martial law in the Sevropian province bordering Vekaiyu.

The declaration came in a press conference in which President Scott Tensin admitted the province “is in a complete revolt.” “It has become clear at this time that this is not merely a civil affair but an outright rebellion. The Sevropian government must respond accordingly given that fact.”

The President proceeded to order several units of the national guard to deploy to the area. The Sevropian Parliament acted quickly to support the move. A total of six combat divisions, amounting to almost fifty thousand troops, will move into the region over the next couple of days.

It is difficult to say how effective the deployment will prove. The Vekaiyun population has initiated what can only be called a mass uprising, with urban populations still rioting after several days, and rural populations actually launching guerrilla attacks on government forces. The arrival of a national guard division two days ago actually only worsened the situation – fatalities have now risen massively with an estimated fifteen hundred dead.

More important than the deployment of the guard, though, could be what the President didn’t deploy. Despite many calls in Parliament, the President has refused to send actual military forces, saying that “I’m hoping to demonstrate to the world that Sevropia has no cruel intentions by dispatching the national guard not the military to deal with this crisis. These are Sevropians that are revolting and this government is trying to treat these people fairly.”

The President proceeded to call for peaceful negotiations. “I’ve always offered to meet personally with minority leaders to discuss problems. I’m known for being a supporter of minority rights. This action is truly unnecessary.” The President said that as long as attacks on government forces continue, however, he’ll have no choice except to “work to forcefully restore order.”

President Tensin concluded the press conference by denying allegations of ethnic cleansing. “The orders I’ve dispatched to the military are available to the public,” Tensin stated, “and those orders clearly lack any instruction to slaughter anyone. I’m not sure what the Vekaiyuns want out of this situation but I can say this – there is no genocide.”

There is indeed a lack of evidence that the Sevropian government has ordered any ethnic cleansing. A representative of the International Red Cross that visited Sixtop said that while Sevropian forces did need to “take greater care to avoid collateral damage,” it was clear that the “Sevropian government is not trying to kill civilians.”

Back in the capitol, President Tensin continues to ask for peaceful negotiations to resolve the crisis, noting that “I’ve always been open to meeting with minority leaders to deal with problems without resorting to violence.”

Written by Tom Grady, Sevropian News Network, with help from Chris Gop, Eightoskian Times

http://www.fairnessforcivicworkers.ca/updir/supportyourcivicworkers/images/htmlarea/Night_fire_in_city___Wilcox_group_pic_on_Labour_relations_web_page.jpg
Relusi as it burns in daylight. The rain coupled with the smoke has blocked out the sun.
http://www.travelthewholeworld.com/sitebuilder/images/Afghanistan_Kabul_Soviet_Bullet_Holes-350x258.jpg
Evidence of possible tank intervention in Vilines

First Vekaiyun Casualty in Sevropia Skirmish

ELDURA - The first Vekaiyun citizen has died in the recent Sevropian conflicts today.

Eduard Selisneu, 25, was visiting his uncle in the city of Uriklu to attend to the vulpine’s health concerns. A graduate student at the University of Skendia, Eduard was ranked fifth in the university’s Physics PhD program. He was scheduled to return to the university on Friday.

“They found him near the park,” Jamano Selisneu, 53, replied. “I sent him out to obtain my medication for next week, and he didn’t return in a few hours. I was worried, so I called a few neighbors. Then one told me another kid was shot for trespassing. I feared the worst.”

According to Kivo Selisneu, the Sevropian soldiers barred off sections of the town yesterday to decrease the probability of a public demonstration. Very few were informed of this decree.

“I didn’t know or I would’ve told him,” he replied. “He was a smart kid. He would’ve avoided the place if he knew it was blocked off!”

Services for Kivio Selisneu are currently being determined. A candlelight vigil is scheduled for the student at the University of Skendia tonight at 10 pm VST.

Demanding Independence
Todd Leyuski, who evidently spent most of yesterday praying over the entire ordeal, reportedly contacted president Tensin on the grounds of establishing a free vulpine state of Listonia between his nation and Dveria. His proposal was rejected.

“I wholeheartedly believe the violence will not stop until Listonia’s independence is restored,” he said in a televised interview with V3’s own Jesika Finuli. “We are stubborn, resistant people. Anyone who expects a vulpine sentient to simply give up does not know vulpine beings at all. What we are seeing here is a natural response - the people want independence. But we are seeing the common response in return - no.” Kivo Leyuski then voiced his concerns for the border security in the region, and the sudden influx of troops near the Vekaiyun-Sevropian border.

“I have given Vekaiyun troops the order to stay on high alert. I, along with Selvala, want to keep this peaceful, more peaceful than our neighbors have kept things. No Vekaiyun is interested in war. The scars of Max’s reign still haven’t healed.”

Speaking of the Listonians, Kivio Leyuski said, “Their fight is not going unnoticed. I assure you all, peace is the best direction. However, this skirmish has shown me one thing: there is still much hatred in our corner of the world. If intolerable atrocities committed against the vulpine race continues, we will be forced to intervene.”

Yi’leli Engaged in Heated Conflict
With the cities of Relusi and Vilines laying in smoldering ruins and violence quickly spreading across the two nations deeper into their territories, Yi’leli is currently the bloodiest theatre of war. Stapen Evesuni of PIL has declared the city must be won by nightfall. “If no nation will help us, we must therefore be competant in our own right,” he is quoted with saying in a radio broadcast, where he has also said the streets flow with blood and every battle is closely fought, sometimes even for closet space in buildings.

It is believed some five thousand PIL rebels are fighting in Ye’leli alone, rumored to be PIL’s dream for a new capital.

PIL guerrilla warfare has exploded in the southern provinces of Sevropia and Dveria. Reports are sketchy, but it is believed total casualties are numbering well above four to five thousand men, women, and children.

Troops on High Alert
Vekaiyun troops have been slowly situated across the Sevropian-Vekaiyun border. Selvala McEva assures both the nation and the world this is only for precautionary measures.

“With so many heated conflicts happening right outside our borders, it is only natural a nation will keep watch of that area,” she replied in a televised interview. “We aren’t bloodthirsty, nor do we have a chip on our shoulder. We are just making perfectly clear we do not want any spillage of this conflict affecting our nation.”

When asked about the Drakkenguard situation, Kivia McEva replied she has threatened the nation with a trade embargo if they do not cease their militant actions, citing Drakkenguard receives much in the line of nanotechnology devices from Vekaiyu.

© 2009 V3 news services

Extract from The Valerian’s Website.

UPDATE: 10:48AM
Within the past hour Lord Servius was caught unawares by an interviewer and questioned regarding the events in nearby Vekaiyu and Listonia, and doing little to reassure us that a decision has been made.

When asked if Valeria and by extension, The Coalition, would act he simply answered “Valeria has no official stance and til given reason to change this, we shall remain so. A Council has not even been called. Elafos has no intentions of waging war. As of yet.” Later on he also described the actions of the Drakkengardian fleet as “Somewhat disturbing”. Suitably ambiguous, critics of Servius were quick to voice their opinions.

Although we have no official word on it, rumours of Aquitania mobilising have reached us although this may not be anything but normality for our Southern neighbours.

Excerpt from a DNN interview with a military spokesman

“…I believe that Leyuski words explain more about this situation than anything i could say. When he says that he wholeheartedly believe the violence will not stop until Listonia’s independence is restored, he´s actually making very clear that the vulpine covet that land and will not stop the aggresion unless the humans submit and give what they want. Or when he said the people want independence… Please! Sevropia has a majority of humans! And he says that people want independence! Only the vulpines want that. But history proves we humans never counted as people to them. Who are the genocides now? Not to mention that nothing proves that wasn´t their own military that killed the vulpine boy in order to create yet another excuse for a invasion…”

Excerpt from a local trade newspaper

“…if Vekaiyu does fulfill their trade embargo threat, Drakkergard will enter with a motion in the WTO against them, since until now our country made nothing more than reposition one of our fleets within international waters…”

Anglic Jutland’s Attack Satellites, and army have been mobilized.

There have been reports of Anglic Jutland’s Kinetic Bombardment Satellites been aimed towards the border of Sevropia, and Vekaiyu. Furthermore, the government of Anglic Jutland is preparing a large military force to counter any aggression by Vekaiyu.

ooc: See project Thor for what my satellites are, they are PMT, and nothing else.

From Television Rykkovaa’s Channel 5 News

Foreign Minister Säj Örädijä released a formal statement today behalf of the entire Executive Council on the ongoing turmoil in neighboring Sevropia. In the statement the Council’s formal position on the conflict was finally clarified after speculative anticipation.

"The Council has unanimously decided that it is in the best interest of the Seven Baan to remain formally neutral on the present conflict in Sevropia. This is as of yet an entirely foreign matter and it would in no way serve the purposes of Rykkovaa to aimlessly entangle itself in such conflicts outside its borders.

“However by no means does the Council’s present stance of neutrality necessarily indicate a complete lack of interest in these events in Sevropia. Far from it. Already we have word of calls for a free and independent Listonian state. On this point the Council would like to make one thing perfectly clear: under no circumstances will this Council tolerate any attempt to incorporate any of the territories of the Seven Baan claimed as part of Listonia by Vekaiyu into such an independent nation. The land in question is and has always been rightfully ours and any vulpine claims to it are founded upon the bloodshed of wholly unwarranted wars of aggression. We will not be robbed of these lands a second time and if necessary will take the appropriate measures to secure them and our citizens from such a threat.”

Miss Örädijä declined to say anything more or to expand on the particulars of what the Council considered to be “appropriate measures”. So far no major disturbances on the same scale as those ongoing in Sevropia have been reported from those parts of Rajjot and Sevexke with significant vulpine populations. Nonetheless the mood continues to be tense and uncertain. Local security forces are reportedly already on high alert in anticipation of any potential problems.

Vekaiyu Leader Calls Drakkengard Beliefs ‘Disgusting’

ELDURA - In a late television broadcast Todd Leyuski asked the leader of Drakkengard to repeal its comments.

Airing across national television at 10 pm VST, Todd Leyuski condemned the words of a military spokesman of Drakkengard, stating, “the words which came from his mouth were malicious and disgusting. To accuse a nation of killing one of its own in cold blood is a high offense. I will urge the nation of Drakkengard cease its blatant attempts at urging us to leave our desires of peace and instead confront a bully.”

Kivio Leyuski also commented on Listonia, saying, “the stateless region is in the majority vulpine - roughly sixty percent by numerous accounts. It is the only major stateless nation across the realm of The East Pacific - suffering for just over four hundred years. I urge the nation of Vekaiyu to please pray for those who are suffering in Listonia, human and vulpine, friends and enemies, relatives and common strangers. There can be nothing less.”

Kivio Leyuski ended with message of hope to the Listonians once again, adding, “This too shall pass. Evil can never triumph when righteousness is stronger.”

© 2009 V3 news services

Off the Coast of Dveria, in the Dveryaku gulf, 0635

Amongst the WKNS Levon, there was a drum beat in the lower decks, the sound of an actual drum beat against the steel siding of one of the dormitories, the wake up call that was customary upon this Warreic Naval Destroyer, a shanty of a song.

'Lo and behold,
the line stood as told.
'Lo and behold,
the line wouldn’t fold.

And the drummer boy
drummed on
they stood against the ploy
never fell for the con.

'Lo and behold,
the line stood as told.
Lo and behold,
they got up before splashed with water that was cold.

“Three minutes before I drop this gulf’s water as cold as it is, on ye all!”
“Hurry n-.”

The wake up call was disrupted by a siren throughout the ship. A siren that every one of them had been trained to know the meaning of even if they were drunk, high, and half unconscious.

Battle Stations, the siren meant, and at the bridge, they were being manned. Even now, there was an alarm and excitement amongst the people there. A twinge of worry amongst the first officer, fingers placed against his temple.

“Repeat it one more time.”
“Aye, aye, commander Drake.”

Outside of the ship, speakers reverberated with the communication’s officer’s voice.

“Halt your movement towards this ship, civilian vessel. Do not move any closer, or for security of this vessel, we will be forced to fire. We do not pose a threat, our purpose is simply to intercept any forces of Drakkengard that come this way. We have no intent of harming Dveria or any Dverian people, if we did, we would have aleady fired, towards one of the defensive artillery batteries set up. Change trajectory!”

Originally stated in English, it was repeated in Irish Gaelic, in Japanese, in Mandarin, in Greek, and finally in Unonian. There was a pause there after, a moderate sized civilian vessel floating ever closer, size enough to be too small for a commercial fishing vessel, and too large for a canoe. A transport boat, which moved closer and closer, too close for security, with the known tactic to load boats with explosives and send them floating towards navy ships while they were at anchor.

The warning wasn’t repeated again, there was simply a count off, simultaneously repeated in the six languages above, from ten to one, and at zero, the first shell of the any conflict outside of Sevropia and Dverbia’s skirmishes with their vulpine populations.

The shot went right over the boat, splashing down six feet from it towards the shore, and sending a wave at it, throwing it upside down, as the maneveur had been planned. Already, there were two diver’s prepared to dive, if their spotlights caught human or vulpine (or any other known sentient race) in the boats when they flipped from the wave, and they were off soon after.

Just as the Dverian battery noticed the shot, there was a shot aimed for the Destroyer, and the ship’s cruiser companions fired off preemptive shots, just as the prepared divers on the ship dived to save those who had been knocked out of the boat.

There was a call for alert, and maneuvers to be prepared for battle, despite nothing further of it went on. Messages were sent verbally to home, and to the Marine units sitting near the border of Vekaiyu and Dveria, who had been sent there with strict orders to -defend- Vekaiyu, but not attack Dveria.

The boiling of war might well be on.

When asked about the current development of the Listonia crisis by a DNN reporter, a different spokesperson of Drakkengard military informed:

“It sadden us deeply that cooler heads didn´t prevail in that Warre warship. Their unprovoked attack on Dverian forces would already be a tragedy of its own. But pointing their guns to fellow men in order to defend the vulpine invasion in human lands is shocking.Nevertheless we shall not engage in battle with a friendly nation, as Warre, unless it is to protect ourselves, or the true victims of this war, Sevropia and Dveria.”

And about the words of Todd Leyuski in the V3?

“I, in name of Drakkengard, apologize to the Vekaiyu nation for the accusation made by my comrade and assure that is not the word of our leader. However, the Sevropian government assured us that they´re not responsible for that vulpine´s death, and given the precedent where 200 vulpines died during a terrorist bombing, it is clear that the death was caused by dissidents, either human or vulpine.
Additionaly, i´d like to clarify the fact that Listonia is not a stateless region as claimed by Leyuski. It is part of Sevropia sovereign territory. So if Vekaiyu interest was only in the safety of their own people, they would welcome them into their our land, instead of trying to expel the humans, who are at least as numerous even in that region, by attempting to create a vulpine puppet state out of part of a mostly human nation.”

An local economic newspaper mention that there are talks to include Dveria on the new trade agreement between our country and Sevropia.