roleplay

here’s what i see. i’m not an experience roleplayer.

we’re controlling the nations of other people. it’s fair to say some things happen in another nation like a region being destroyed but complete decimation really needs to come from the owner nation.

this requires some cooperative storytelling but it can work. it does mean though that we can’t be attempting to one-up each other with tech and armies.

it also requires some thinking and complexity. so as we’ve seen Codex isn’t really interested in defending my nation but in certain other goals. perhaps Packilvania will exploit this.

we’re not basing our armies on any common standard. some in NS have solved this by complex math and military breakdowns. at the very least i’d suggest we use a militray calculator like this one http://veratien.ksilebo.net/ns/mmc.php to establish some understanding of things.

i will volunteer to post my results first in a new thread. feel free to include your other colonies and we can likely make some small variations for roleplays sake.

I was going by the 7% of your popoulation during peace time and the setup of alternant loop being Stalinistic for my estimates

1IL 2.79 B
IL 1.74 B
2IL 2.204 B
3IL 762 M
EES 516 M

although this is a eason I discourage War RP, too tough to manage

yeah, good war rp does take some real work

I don’t have any “colonies” so that might be a little unfair. But 7% of my pop is 19.7 million and the calculator has my off strength at 4 and def strength at 8.

Well, I have a specific military size, posted on main NS, and that, excepting my nuclear forces, is remaining the same for this rp (and since my nuclear forces aren’t mentioned in that file anyway…). But, usually, in a war rp, the person attacked rps the casulties, whereas the person attacking only says that he IS attacking.

I object on principle to the use multiple colonies in an RP… it’s generally thought of as a form of God-modding. I think there should be a one nation limit on things, or else it just becomes a case of who can create the most puppets

if someone were to create new colonies at this point to increase their numbers i would readily agree. longstanding colonies of an established player would seem different to me personally but i’ve never claimed to know all the NS traditions.

If Codes is willing to code it, I would be willing to write a combat system, it may be a bit complex, but it would most likely work,
it may take me a few days and it woudl require a modified version of the script that we used to get national strengths,

Actually, I’d hate to bring back this thread, but I have to.

It seems like a lot of people are just having their shit succede without giving the enemy any chance. For instance, Kelssek just rped his special forces team moving in and out of a prison without any response, and then rped his helicopter escaping TWC territory without any objections, launched fighters, or prison officers attacking him. I mean, I don’t know if the rules here are the same as on NS, but isn’t that a little bit…illegal?

Of course, if Wachovia accepts this, then my complaint is null.

to be honest i keep on thinking the invasion thread is over and we’re about to wrap up negotiations and then something else happens. this is why i seriously think we need rp rules around here before any further military actions are taken.

Kelssek, our nation is hardly in the position to imprison ambassadors if what you folks have rped is true. he’s actually more than likely dead if the capital is as destroyed as has been stated. if i were you i’d be asking why your ally didn’t warn you in time to withdrawl him and his staff.

i, for one, consider this storyline dead and will not comment further on any of the related threads.

I have to agree with Wachovia…
I had originaly planned a “What If” universe, wherein
Wachovia is decimated, but allowed to remain free and independent
Hoophoopland is Annexed and becomes a state in the Packilvanian Empire
FPS stays borderline neutral allowing the Hive to exist in itself, but also allowing LOOP ----and CODEX reps in aswell.
Kesslek is a Packilvanian ally, but sort of becomes the Italian empire <No offense ment, ----but your really to small to do to much…>
Loop, Codex, and Packilvania all take about the same amount of damage, but none of ----them are truely defeated. A cold war of sorts would ensue with the EP taking its ----main course into what I thought would be the BODY of the new RP universe.

Yea, this looked good, but, unless anyone wants to counter my point here, it’s sorta dieng. Nice idea though Pack…

Speaking of ideas…your mention of the cold war got me going on one…would anyone be interested in trying to rp the cold war?

In either case, people, please, do no let this forum die! It’s a great idea, and we got good rpers…especially me (not)!

Hmm, cold wars are always Nifty,

Loop is Technically in a Cold War state against the Defenders.

as for my colonies, in general they are independant nations who owe Allegiane to 1 Loop Kinda like England still PWNING australia and Canada

— Begin quote from ____

we’re controlling the nations of other people. it’s fair to say some things happen in another nation like a region being destroyed but complete decimation really needs to come from the owner nation.

— End quote

Actually by NS Forum standards declaring any amount of damage or saying anything that happens to someone else’s country/forces/people is considered Godmodding. There are exceptions to the rules in some instances (that are agreed upon before hand).

The most of the One-up-manship/number wanking/godmodding that happens in RPs tends to happen because some people cannot divorce themselves from their nations/characters and think that the end of a government/character is the end of themselves as a player. This should hopefully not be a problem in an Alternate Universe since nothing here will effect the ‘real’ RP world.

For a normal country in Peacetime the Military % of the pop should be under ~1.5% and can rise as high as 20% max (for a normal nation (The US’s Military Participation Ratio in WWII was only 12.2% of the population) in major war (although this would take about 1/2 of the workers out of the work severely hurting the nation.) Most of these numbers are in Support and Logistics however (about 50% of Army personal higher for Air force and Navy).

http://www.cwc.lsu.edu/cwc/other/stats/warcost.htm - US’s MPRs

I’m not really a big fan of the calculators as there are too many of them, a lot of their bases are questionable, and they cannot account for RP situations like trade, culture, and so forth. It’s good to have some base with numbers but I think that stat freek wars take a lot of the fun out of RP. :neko:

maby for official “war” we should adopt soem odd ball scheme Like simulated war and all like on that episode of Trek?

Na, that’d be too clean. That episode was good though.

actually, i’m a bit intruiged by the idea. i agree the episode was a bit week but the idea would definitely set us apart.

Yea. Heh. “Well, actually, captain, your starship was destroyed in the last attack…”

Maybe we could be allocated points related to size, defence etc, and use them up as we fight?

President of HoopHoopland :fro:

P.S. If anyone has a strategy game and an internet connection then we could organise online tournaments :lol: Age of Empires II anyone?

Would anyone want to try that? No tank rushing (or elephant rushing rather).

Pres :fro: