Serenitech

Can we please discuss the removal of Serenitech from the map. I don’t believe that Serenitech should stay.

Serenitech can be removed in my opinion - the previous owner (Smig) had some OOC plans outlined, but they never got fully hashed out. I don’t believe it’s been active for quite some time.

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel that Serenitech should be preserved. As dumb as it may sound to some, I believe that removing too many older nations results in Urth losing its charm, its history, its culture.

Perhaps it could be cut down to one little Serenitech somewhere, instead of a couple dozen, like its capital in Atlantia, and then given to someone to run as a corporate state or what have you.

— Begin quote from ____

Perhaps it could be cut down to one little Serenitech somewhere, instead of a couple dozen, like its capital in Atlantia, and then given to someone to run as a corporate state or what have you.

— End quote

I think this would be the best way to handle it. It’ll be a good compromise for both sides of the argument.

I’m fine with it being shrunken down to a single nation and rped by someone, otherwise I support a complete removal of Serenitech.

I personally would like to see Serenitech removed from the map totally, but a ‘compromise’ of only the ‘capital’ left can be doable.

If nobody else is to put forward their argument I think we’ve come to a viable conclusion, lets do it. Thanks all.

Question: When the small pockets of Serenitech lands are removed, would neighboring countries such as Astrania automatically gain the small plot of land or would we have to RP the takeover of the lands?

Serintech made grand plans, but never actually did much RP. I’m fine with removing any of the plots. It really wasn’t a nation anyway. It was a corporation.

I don’t think such a nation should be roleplayed by a new player, since there were evidently themes about it that another person wouldn’t grasp. I’m all for it being culled to a single plot, but that should be about it.

I think to answer your question, Cel, yes. That would be a logical idea especially as Serenitech is many absolutely tiny pockets of land.

I say East Malaysia invades the closest plot for some sort of illegal trade? ;p

I had presumed that because it was inside the archipelago surrounded by Justelvard that it would be incorporated into that country. Within the cartography chat the general consensus was that they would be given to those who either surround or are near it. I don’t mind sharing it because that could be something spicy. It would have to be sorted out how that happened in history.

We’ll talk about it I’m sure on the RP server but I have an idea on the history part.

When we did talk previously about our history, it was established that at one point the weakened Caven Kingdom was invaded by MBE from 1698-1704 but was pushed out of the majority of their land but they lost their southern territories. That one part was under MBE control until 1975.

Since I want the little eastern part of the island that sticks out to make it one city-state, we can assume that it was a lost Caven territory, but during this time they would have been more of a fortress-type city and have resisted MBE every step of the way; it’s been like a special administrative region we could say for you since that take over. We also established that before Caven peacefully fell into East Malaysia that the Caven Royal Family split into two different groups. The original Kabuverdianu and modern Caven-Templeton. We could say they went to this city to flee East Malaysian rule but still were bitter about the invasion to avoid MBE rule also. Culturally this city is Caven/East Malaysian and you could reach out to my government about a transfer of this region as assimilation into your culture has proven difficult and costly?

[mention]Tuva[/mention] got any history ideas? Maybe it was a larger plot that was part of the special administrative region that was maybe sold to you?

I’d like to establish it as having a similar history as RL Singapore in regards to its initial establishment; a trading outpost of the Salovian East Arcturia Company that, after the AIW, was given to Tivot for reasons I will come up with later.