Settling the Bill

as I am rather fond of this, I am moving it to Now, because I like it so much,
the eriginal thread is http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=5681&st=0#entry5358141 in case anyone wants to rodo their own parts.

now on with the show

[hr]

Late July early August 08

Orbit

Bismark hung in the sky where she had been these last year, with the budget crisis of 07, and the ensuing economic problems
it had been decided that it would be more feasable to use the Battlestar is lieu of constructing a new space station.
and there she sat, a large majestic piece of orbital death bringing cabability, her drive engines sitting idle where there was space to explore,

Bismark Actual

Commander Fujisawa sat at the desk that had been installed and scanned the paperwork,
“SSDD” he muttered almost like he wanted to kill something, slowly, , and with little in the way of remorse.
“Mandos Damnit” he said shoving the last of the papers aside.
the tactical officer looked up
“Mandos?” he asked
“Yeah that is todays Diety I think he is from the Tolkein books.”
“but does he qualify?” asked Rin
“may as well he was on the Diety a day calander.”
Rin shrugged and accepted it as he Commander seft his desk to look at some readouts
Commander Fujisawa had been practicing venting his annoyance at his ship sitting idle by using the Diety a Day calander his sister had bought him for the new year in a unconventional manner, his sister a cute girl was concerned with faith and didnt want to upset any of the possible dieties, Masumichi however took a different angle, he was determined to anger them all by blaspheming againts one every day for a year.

He was pondering this diety and creative ways to anger it when the Klaxons started blaring.
“What in the Mandos damned Hell is that.” asked Fujisawa
“priority Red alert message.” shouted Rin
“What how do we have something like that in orbit?”
“It is from Pacifica!”

Battlestar Pacifica : in orbit around Planet RU-186
8 months ago

Glyshals toe claws clicked on the deckplating as he walked to the bridge,
“afternoon Captain” said the cute human ensign he passed
“Afternoon ensign” he intoned “how goes the day?” he asks
"same as usual,
The ships klaxons sounded bringing their conversation to an end as the ship rocked.
“I must go” he said to her and rushed to the bridge

Glyshal burst in
“what the hell happened to my ship?” he asked as he entered
“Commander!” shouted the Tactical officer " something just dropped out of Warp and attacked the aft, engines are down, , "
another explosion rocks the ship the lighting flickered,
the Tactical officer stood back up, “Mercy, the port landing bay is Gone!”
“how?”
“I dont know precisely but the ships radiation sensors are going off in the nearby decks.”

“Alert viper status?”
“inbound”
“launch all starboard vipers”
“launching”

Glyshal jumps to the communication terminal
quickly the types in his command code.

“Infinite Loop Space Probe Agency, this is Captain Glyshal of the Battlestar Pacifica, we are under attack by hostile aliens at RU-486
I repeat, , What” he aked turning
“they have stopped the attack?” shouted Hotaru
“Hmm, nichevo” he muttered
“I repeat we are under attack Be prepared, Data will be inbound momentarily”
from the background some one shouts a string of punctuation symbols

Bismark

the message fades to static as Fujisawa and Rin Watch
“Damn” they intone
“I better call the “office” and let them know”
“do you think they ore ok?” asked Rin
“no that message was sent 8 months ago, they were 5 months out, if anything a Raptor should have arrived a month of more ago.”
Fujisawa dips his head “Glyshal was a good man, , Lizard”

begin Day 1

Day 1.5

Bismark

The ship had been on alert since the communication came through,
Rin looked at the long range Dradis,
“damn it” he muttered “I know I saw something out there”
Colin came over, “What is wrong?” he asked in his english accented japanese.
" I dont know I think the Dradis is glitching, on long range I keep seeing a brief blip"
“how far out, i could send a raptor out to the bouy.”
“at the 1 light year markers, See there it was again!”
“I will get a raptor out there they can swap out the bouy.”
“no good it is all of them in sector 7g I am picking it up across , again there, the band”
Colin nods I will get a crew on it.

day 2

Captain Yu Miyake boarded her Raptor, she glanced over the board,
“I hope Prometheus is still there.” she said
“it should be they were set to scan that star for 3 weeks” said her flight conductor.
Yu nods
“dont dawdle get there and get back Prometheus needs to know what happened and they are the fastest ship we have”
Yu boarded the raptor as her copilot Takasti jumped aboard
“ready when you are captain.” he chimed casting her a smile,
Yu knew he fancied her but now wasnt the time she didnt return the smile.
“get aboard Takasti,” she barked

Raptor 5 lifted off, and cruised out of the bay toward space, then it slipped into warp,

Day 2.5

Raptor 9

The raptor sat by the Dradis bouy,
“Sir initial scans say it is fine, no problems” said Namel Esstech
“bring it in too sets look at it” said Commander Noname

Bismark

"Commander, Raptor 9 reports in, the bouys are all fine, "
“thanks ensign, if they are fine then there has to be something up, I want all alert Vipers in the air now, full patrols,” Fujisawa pauses
“someone is out there, I dont want us to be caught off gaurd”

The ships klaxons all go off
“RED ALERT”
shouts the Tactical chair
“Status” shouts Commander Fujisawa
“Two ships jusd dropped out of Warp.”
“main screen turn on”

“Its firing”

the alien ship turned its bow and fired,
“two nukes inbound!”
“shields up now”
Bismarks flak cannons came to like throwing up a shield of Flak around the ships side
the nukes exploded in the field of flak in a fireball visible from the surface.

Cupertino
Nei sat on the bench in the park, a bright flash caught her eye , she looked around, nothing she thought as she heard the gasps
a woman was looking up, , ,
“I’m game” she said as she looked up to see two beautiful balls of fire in the sky.
She gasped, “My god, , , oh MY GOD” she screams as she sees a trail of missle exhaust to the north, moving fast,

Nagasaki

Liberty City - The Blue House
Situation Room
The lame-duck period. It was the pleasure of every Free Pacifican politician. A quarter-year period during which newly elected individuals could concentrate entirely upon politics. A quarter-year period during which recently re-elected officials could do nothing while holding office. A quarter-year period during which retiring (forcefully or willingly) persons could vacation with pay. The lame-duck period – the dream of a leader.

That was the view of every politician in the legislative branch of the Federated Alliance, anyways, but it wasn’t much the view of the members of the executive branch. While Congress essentially shut down for the lame-duck period, the federal government kept working, and its leaders were forced to remain on the job as a result.

After an unprecedented eight years as President, Matthew Terrus wanted anything but to keep working. The venerated leader was exhausted from years without sleep and haunted by hundreds of difficult decisions made within the Blue House. President Terrus wanted retirement, badly, and lame-duck served solely to put-off that dearly beloved concept.

When the National Protection Agency hustled Terrus down to the Situation Room in the middle of the night, Matthew Terrus therefore did not react well, angrily asking the dozen national security officials, “what the hell is happening?”

The group quickly briefed the President before soon-to-retire Defense Secretary Chris Herfeld recommended deploying a carrier group to provide relief operations. Herfeld went onto recommend dispatching the Battlestar Galactica to assist 1 Infinite Loop in defending against further attack.

After a bit of consideration, Terrus agreed, and gave the appropriate orders.

Earth Orbit - Battlestar Galactica
Command and Control
There really wasn’t any good reason for the Federated Alliance Marine Corps to be charged with operating the BattleStar Galactica. An elite force within the Federated Alliance Navy, the Marine Corps only had fifty thousand members prior to the temporary acquisition of the massive spacecraft from 1 Infinite Loop, and it was forced to increase in size by 50% in order to staff the vessel. The illogic of the situation aside, though, that was the case.

So when the call came from the Blue House, it wasn’t a naval officer nor an air force officer that answered the phone, but instead the Marine Corps Brigadier General charged with commanding the vessel. At age fifty-six, Charlie Wilcox was unused to field command, having spent a career as an engineer. The officer had a knowledge of technical matters required for commanding such a vessel, however, plus a natural ability to lead well. Which made Wilcox the perfect pick for the ship.

Picking up the phone on the Central Console of the CinC, Wilcox spoke shortly with Secretary Herfeld, before walking over to speak with Admiral William Adama. The original commander of the Galactica, Adama now advised the Marine Officers charged with operating the vessel, and intended to resume command once the Galactica reverted to 1 Infinite Loop command. The Colonel spoke softly with the Admiral, not desiring to display his uncertainty to the crew. “Admiral Adama, we’ve been ordered to provide direct assistance to the 1 Infinite Loop forces, and to engage the hostile craft. Sir – I’m wondering if you’d like to take command for this mission. It’d be good to have an experienced officer in charge during this crew’s first combat experience.”

Orbit

The Flak cloud caught the Nuke,
“Alert Vipers inbound launching all starboard vipers”
“damned aliens Load Torpedos , , All tubes.”
the vipers raced in the two ships were facing off against Bismark a larger one and a smaller ship,
“gold wing converge on the smaller ship”
“fire at will”
13 vipers converged on the smaller ship its weapons couldnt lock on easily it managed to loose 1 of them its mortal coil before it provided the planet with a new rain of shooting stars

Bismark rolled bringing her main guns in line
the remaining ship turned and fired again,
“two nukes on the wing”
“they’re aimed at the surface!”
“all vipers target nukes”
Gold wing broke from the mother ship and bore down on the nukes
projectiles flew through the vacume
Nuke 1 exploded in a moderate fireball, as the other escaped into teh atmosphere.
“Gold 3 to Ground inbound rogue, terminate!”

“fire nukes 3-5” shouted Fujisawa
3 nuclear missles streaked from Bismark, their target was in a bad position as the first nuke hit, followed closely by two others,
its fireball lit up the sky, pieces of the ship impacted Bismark,
the bridge crew exhaled in unison

“Dradis up no more inbound aliens”
Fujisawa placed his hands on the table,
“damage?”
“weve taken minor damage from the debris hull buckled on decks 4-6 from the nukes, cleanup team is preping it for the repair crews,”

“did the ground defenses get that Nuke?”
". . . "
“Well?”

“no, it struck, , , Nagasaki”
Commander Fujisawa slowly sat down, as the blood drained from his face, tears slowly began to form in his eyes,
his mouth moved silently, Rin could see what he said, ,
Yuko chan.

Day 2.75, ish almost day 3

Survey crews skimmed the radiation zone,
Lt. Commander Mitsuru Shiiba had his Raptor coming in close
his Radio crackled from the interference,
“Whats to report Lt.” asked the voice
“Thats the problem Commander, not much good news to report, this whole region is toast, , Wait I have inbound on my Draydis, No sorry just radiation interference.”
he answers.
“Affirmative join up with raptor wing B and look for survivors.”

Major Harakami wiped his face, faint lines had been there before but now full wrinkles would be visiting him."

Orbit
Fujisawa had been in the Commanders ready room for the last 3 hours,
he could be heard from the bridge,
“I want to avenge my family honor as well as the honor of IL” he shouted at the monitor
the man on the other side nodded, “masumichi, I understand, but Bismark is our Primary defense should another alien ship show up, at least until Prometheus returns.”
"What about Galactica, couldnt you work out a deal with FPS, "
Admiral Kazuya Takai held up his hand , “Masumichi, we dont even know where they are from yet, Dr. Yesht will be aboard soon and he will direct the diagnosis, we have most of Central deciphering the Radio signals, Stay in orbit, we will know soon enough the culprit.”
Fujisawa bowed his head, “by your command sir” he intoned dryly his anger boiling,
as the screen went dark,

Admiral Takai picked up his phone, “Mirae, get a line to Internal affairs tell them I want to speak to someone from Packilvania.”

Cupertino

Hikaru stormed in the office, he was mad, he could hear Hitomi in the next room weeping, he had his earpiece in listning to something
“I want to know who did this,” he looked toward the door then lowered his voice
“and I want them alive, I will castrate them with my bare hands.”
paused
“Well we will find out what their equivalent to castration is, then I will do that to them.”
again he pauses
“Well yes if it is something one can do with their hands alone.”
he finally noticed the beep and looked at his laptop,
then quickly typed a reply,