Shiro Academy

OOC: This is a mostly non-national character RP based off the lives of a number of students attending TEP’s premier university, Shiro Academy. The thread is open to anyone who wishes to join, so long as their main character is a student (though they may also introduce secondary adult characters). Students of any type (non-human, children of national leaders, regular old kids) are accepted.

It should be noted that Shiro Academy is a multi-level educational institution. It includes a boarding high school, undergraduate college, graduate school, and military academy. Your student may be attending any of these or something else entirely…the choice is entirely yours! Regardless of which school they are attending, though, it is highly recommended that they live in the same dorm as the rest of the Shiro characters, as this will facilitate RP.

Setting Note: Shiro Academy is located in the tropical Tilden Isle state in Free Pacific States. It was originally located in 1 Infinite Loop, but the outbreak of civil war there forced a relocation.

Below is the diagram of Wachin Dormitory (Official Name C-10), where all active characters happen to be residing.

RPers returning from some earlier version of this thread should read http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=5554 before making their first post.

Edit Loop here I had removed the floorplans from my bucket becaune teh Empire was hot linking it but here it is back.

OOC: Noi is cybernetic. Roughly 70% of her is non organic. Neko are genetic offshoots of Nekomimi, coming from Pax genetic manipulation in removing the “Age restricting” genes. Taller, and more aggressive Neko thrive in Packilvania and other Pax territories.

Noi settled into her room, and hung up what little attire she had. She hoped the school wouldn’t insist on the full uniform for her. She hated skirts… With a passion. However, she really just wanted to soak for awhile. Never wanting to fully give up her organic self, the hot water of the springs felt good.

“One thing these people have over the Pax” She said out loud to no one in particular, “they know how to take a chore and make it relaxing…”

Sensing the chill cold water running all along his back, Jordan Carlyle sighed, shaking his head and running his fingers through his black hair. Everything seemed useless. He had hoped the motorbike would have been enough to distract him… and indeed it had worked, at least for a while. But as soon as the Ducati had been parked back and the engine had went silent again, the image had come back. The soft smell of her skin as she had tried to shield him, the gentle touch of her hand on his arm… even the shadows of weariness all around her eyes. It was so absurd. Jill Ronin was a RA. The symbol of everything he had always hated… and feared for his whole life. Moreover… she was older than him, and that decreased his chances to almost zero.

«Chances? What the hell I’m talking about?» he asked to himself, closing the water and grabbing the bathrobe.

A nonsense. Nothing else but a nonsense, he went on thinking. Deep commitment was something he couldn’t afford… not again. Not after what had happened some one year ago… not after what had forced the I-know-better Attorney General of the East Pacific to send his own son on the other side of the region.

Still lost in his own thoughts, Jordan left the bathroom, nodding to Lazlo who had been silently waiting for him just outside the door. Half-mindedly answering to young Terrus’ questions about their common friend Arian, Jordan threw a quick glance to the clock while dressing. Ten past six in the afternoon. The helmets were there… and the timing seemed perfect. It was as if the whole universe was conspiring in favor of that idiocy.

«Ok… I’ll do it. Just to solve this thing once and for all»

«Uh?» interjected Matt Terrus «Do… what, Jordan? And above all… solve what?»

Without even hearing the questions, Jordan left the room. Closing the door right behind his back, he glanced down the hallway, his eyes focusing on the door at its end. Still unable to believe he was really doing it, Jordan walked towards Jill’s.

Shiro Academy Office of Housing

“And what do you need, Mister…Ekerin?”

“Two syllables, not three.” Kester Ekerin delivered the usual admonishment that he gave to seemingly everyone. He’d even learned to give it with good grace after a few years. It wasn’t their fault that his name was unpronounceable. “I’m here for a room assignment.” He held out his letter of recommendation.

“Foreign Exchange? That’d put you in…Wachin, on the west side of campus. Room 435. Where did you say you were from?”

“Kandarin.” He said it with a sort of reserved pride. Unlike the handful of envoys he’d met since transferring here - not to mention his father’s employees - Kester actually looked Kandarinese. He had the short black hair and funny eyes that were the only usual markings of a dark elf in human lands, and if that wasn’t enough, the Kandarinese uniform was a giveaway. Another elven observer would have remarked that he was shorter than usual but had still reached Khalhal*. “Why?”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” The secretary smiled back. “You’re the only…well, almost the only…one here. But I’m sure you’ll make lots of friends, eh?” She gave that sympathetic look that only middle-aged humans can pull off. “Good day, Mister Ekerin.”

(*OOC: Khalhal is an elven word for the last stage of dark elven physical development, at which point the individual’s age appears to stand still for the next several centuries. This can be anywhere from the very late teens to the early forties in human terms. Kester got the former.)

It is often said that one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Matthew Terrus was an exemplary piece of evidence supporting that theory. At 4 foot 6 inches, Terrus weighed 85 pounds, had short curly hair, and looked like an ordinary eleven year old boy. That appearance, however, was very deceiving.

The truth was that Terrus was very odd in everything but appearance (although, admittedly, his right foot…well, never mind). Though not yet a teenager, Terrus was as intelligent as most twenty year olds, and was a student with a 4.0 at the region’s most prestigious college. Being a child genius wasn’t what often got Matt onto the news, however, although that was certainly noteworthy. More important was the fact that Terrus’ father and namesake was one of the region’s most prominent and renowned leaders.

These two factors combined to make the life of Matt Terrus one of the most difficult, unusual, and frustrating possible. He had few friends his own age because he was too smart for them; he had few friends at his intelligence level because he was too young for them. At the same time, Terrus couldn’t reveal his true identity to any of his friends, lest he lose any chance of a normal relationship. Which wasn’t easy (both because Matt didn’t like lying and because he was being constantly watched over by trained bodyguards).

There was at least one friend, however, that Matt could rely upon. A person remarkably similar to him. A person who knew the truth. A person he actually hadn’t seen in a couple of days…without any explanation. Raising an eyebrow, Terrus searched his mind, but confirmed after a few moments that he hadn’t seen Anna around at all.

She was probably sick or something…in which case he should certainly check in on her, right? Rising, the eleven year old closed his huge textbook, put on a sweater, and made his way out the door and down the hall to Anna’s room.

Just as Jordan was about to reach Jill’s room, the door opened, and a stunning twenty-something blond stepped out. Smiling at Jordan, the young woman looked around for a moment, as though lost, before making her way towards the stairwell, closing the door to Jill’s room behind her. She didn’t seem to notice that Jordan’s destination was the place she’d just left.

As Matt knocked on the room belonging to the Academy’s sole Kandarinese student, one Anna Rachel Khaz, there was no response. No one came to the door. There was no note or other evidence explaining the Kandarinese girl’s sudden absence. The only response Matt got was a faint noise that sounded like arrhythmic clicking, and the sound of something scuttling, like a scorpion crawling across rocks.

Raising an eyebrow, Matt stepped away from the door. He’d most certainly heard Anna’s pet; there was no other creature he could imagine making that kind of noise. Yet Anna didn’t appear to be there. At the same time, Matt was pretty sure she hadn’t left, at least not while anyone he knew had been around.

Unless she’d left in the last couple of hours, while Matt was in his room. Walking down to the lounge, Terrus addressed the room at large, though he didn’t particularly observe anyone within it. “Has anybody seen Shiro’s only Kandarinese student,” he asked in a voice that sounded surprisingly like his father?

OOC

Heinrich von Drakken - He is in his late teens, white, blond, has green eyes, tall and strong. Often dressed in military outfit (army-officer).
Facts about him in public domain: He is the son of Drakkengard president and his country ambassador in the FPS.
He also got a little (in)fame after involutarily making people believe he was a terrorist holding the academy students as hostages by drawing a gun in the common room.

p.s.: Heinrich is not a racist. His worries about the Kandarinese are just fear of the unknown (and that´s human nature), as even the military still knows little about the world outside their borders.

OOC end.

After a few days of confusion, Heinrich is starting to settle in Shiro, but just when he is walking through the lounge in order to grab a snack in the kitchenette, he is first surprised by an yet unknown voice and after turning, he gets even more surprised by seeing an 11 years old kid walking around the dorm. Deciding that helping the poor kid is the best course of action, he asks:

“Hey kid. Are you lost? And besides, everybody knows that Kandarineses don´t exi…”

Then he remembers a few memos of the intelligence corps, which proved the existence of non-human life forms. With that in mind, he asks another question:

“And why a lone child would be looking for a Kandarinese. Don´t you know they can be dangerous?”

Kester was in the kitchenette attached to the commons, having put away his luggage a few minutes ago. There wasn’t much to put away. A pile of identical uniforms, some textbooks, and a bare minimum of decoration were all he had brought. The Federation did not think highly of extravagance. All that done, he had gone to make a sandwich.

There was a voice behind him. “Has anyone seen Shiro’s only Kandarinese student?” He turned around to identify the source as a smallish boy with short curly hair and a resemblence to…actually, a resemblence to no one.

“Um…yes?” The Kandarinese cadet waved. “Do…do I know you?”

Matt immediately turned to the student. “Uh, no, I don’t think we’ve met.” Even as he said it, Terrus couldn’t help but think that they had…the teenager’s outfit just seemed so familiar. Shrugging it off, Matt offered his hand. “Matt Terrace.”

“Pleased to meet you. Kester Ekerin, but please call me Kess. I’m here from Kandarin…you might have heard of it, it’s a little ways off…that way.” Kess shook the boy’s hand. “Terrace? So is that a little like…”

“Like what?” Matt quickly asked, a little louder than might be expected.

“Nothing. I just thought…nevermind. So, why were you looking for a Kandarinese student? Can I help?”

“I’d not be so sure about them not existing,” Terrus stated, momentarily ignoring Ekirin, and glancing at the first student. “Nor would I be so sure about them being dangerous. Those that I’ve met have actually been quite kind.”

Trying not to think about how angry his father would be over that statement, Matt turned back to Kess. “Uhm, actually, I was looking for…another Kandarinese student. Who I thought was the only Kandarinese student. But apparently isn’t, seeing as you’re here.” The boy took a breath. “Uhm…yea…”

Terrus just trailed off at that point, realizing he was simultaneously conversing with two people, and that he was at a loss for words with both.

In the moment that Heinrich saw the Kandarinese cadet waving, he stood a few moments in shock, because, while he had seen some photos, it was the first time he saw one of them.

When Matt asked “Like what?” louder than he should, Heinrich mind stopped wandering and he, acting on instinct, went to Terrus side putting the opposite hand near his gun, so he could cover him and aim the kandarinese with a single movement if Kester decided to attack.

After Matt addressed to him, Heinrich relaxed his stance. Since the little time he spent on Shiro already shown him that the Dannistrians weren´t the only foreigners which could be trusted, unlike many on his country believed, maybe he could be wrong in seeing the Kandarinese as a threat too.

As Terrus seemed loss for word, Heinrich looked to both and thought that he should start over and present himself.

“Uhn… I´m Heinrich von Drakken, 1st liu… I mean, my name is Heinrich, and i got transfered to Shiro a few days ago. Pleased to meet both of you. Matt and Kester, right?”

Looking to Kester

“Sorry if i looked a little uncomfortable before. Its just you´re the first Kandarinese i ever saw.”

I just hope they didn´t watch the news in the last few days… thought Heinrich.

Noi finished toweling off. She was hot, tired, and very ready to get some sleep. The constraints of the biological still got to her occasionally, however she could not just give them up as many of her brethren had. Walking to her room she noticed what appeared to be a small party in the kitchen of her floor. She walked in.

“Anyone care if I sneak past and get a soda out of the fridge?”

OOC: Pax cybernetics have a very liberal view towards clothing. Noi would be almost completely naked. She is wearing a towel over her chest.

“Oh, that’s all right.” Kester considered offering to shake Heinrich’s hand, but quickly thought better. “We don’t bite. Usually. Just what did you hear, anyway?”

When Noi came through, he stepped out of the way to let her past, taking a moment to examine the drone. Now there’s something I don’t see every day!

“Not much, mainly legends from the time my country was still an empire. Stuff like that you came from the stars, inhabited the underground, and live much longer than we, humans. Its more like how much we don´t know about you that make us worry.”

When Noi was heard in the kitchen, Heinrich just glanced to see the new arrival, but what he saw made him stop for a moment, as his brain juggled with thoughts of shock, hostility and lust. Then he put one of his hands covering Terrus eyes saying:

“Sorry kid, but you´re too young to see this.”

And as she came through them, he adressed to Noi previous question, but paying full attention to her every move in order to be ready to react to an attack, as he remembered from his studies that she is probably from Pax.

“I guess no one will miss a soda, right?” Heinrich says with a quick glance in Kester direction.

“But tell me, are you from packilvania?”

Noi had what could only be a mental sigh. The question didn’t bother her, they never did. The downside to enhancements like hers was the ability to read body signs. She “smelled” fear.

"Something like that. Actually, I associate myself more with the greater Pax Empire rater than the Packilvanian Territory of Earth.

Noi popped the top off the can and took a sip.

“So, what did I miss?”

“Yes, naturally, he’s too young to be allowed to see Pax yet.” Kess led Matt out of the kitchenette and back into the commons. “Don’t worry, kid, you’ll be allowed to see drones when you’re, oh…thirteen?”

Right Kester, like if i were the only one who noticed she is almost naked, thought Heinrich as Kester joked about Matt being to young to see her. Well, nice move anyway, now the civilians are gone i can deal with her alone… Stop having those sinful thoughts Heinrich, she is the enemy!

When Noi questioned him, Heinrich stopped being lost in thought and spoke:

“Nothing really. Just 3 students getting to know each other. So, my name is Heinrich, and i arrived in Shiro a few days ago. And you?”

“I was assigned to this school by my government. I’m not to enthused about it to be honest. Especially the uniforms.”

OOC: Noi isn’t technically naked… She has her chest parts covered with the towel, but her lower half is mechanical… No bad parts to cover.