Shiro Academy

‘Sucess’ thought Selina as she was about to make her way through the doorway. She really didn’t feel like talking to people right now, but she was afraid of anyone findind out about her backround. She heard the news, she read the articles. A few leaders in the East Pacific disapproved of her father, and sometimes she did as well. She may not have liked some of the policies he created, but she still loved him as the father he was. This was why she was so shy most of the time.

She was just about to duck around the corner when she noticed the girl that a few people were talking to. Selina noticed something…different about here. She couldn’t place it but this character wasn’t like her. To the protests of her inner self, she slowly approached the group of people and quietly took a chair, trying to see if she could learn anything.

When Kester turned the bend in the hallway and found the door or his room, he instinctively reached into his pocket for the keycard. After a bit of fumbling, he found that it was entirely absent. Crap. Mentally, he checked the last possible locations. He’d taken his wallet out in the housing office, but that was in the wrong pocket, or at least it was now. There was a sketch pad in the right pocket, and he’d had it out in the commons, but… There’s still all the space in between the two. Dammit.

Double-checking a last time, he hurried off to the Commons to search.

Faced with stony silence from Matt, Anna pried her door open a crack. Without any apparent signal, Mark scurried off her shoulder and into the room. As soon as the tip of his tail disappeared into the darkness, she closed the door with a click.

“Okay, it’s gone. Look, Matt, I’m sorry about all this.” Anna folded her hands together in the universal pose of apology. “I guess I kind of freaked out. I don’t like to talk about this. Back in Kandarin, we have…I don’t like to brag, but…we have a very good health system. I’m just not used to anything going wrong. Ever. I didn’t know how to react, and there was no one to talk to.”

As if to illustrate, she dug a small electronic device out of a pocket. It was roughly the size and shape of a palmtop computer, and its display was off. “For some reason, all of the comm stuff my aunt gave me went dead all at once. I don’t know why.”

OOC; Elizabeth Cardiff is 16, she is attending the boarding high school (obviously) and is the President Antonius’ oldest child and only Daughter

She rested her bag full of clothes and other items on her dorm room floor. She fiddled around in her bag and got out her room key card. She took out a sharpie and wrote;
If lost please return to Elizabeth Cardiff
Dorm:25
She then got out a family photo and her new laptop. She set her laptop on the maple desk next to her bed. She then set down a framed picture of her family after there visited Antonius Lake. She already started to feel home sick but at least she didn’t have to deal with her annoying brother Eric. Being bored she fiddled around with her sterling silver ring on her right index finger given to her from her father Antonius on her 14th birthday. The dorm room was anything but her room in the Presidential Mansion. But that was the least of her worries. Her biggest worry was the issue of making new friends. She didn’t want others thinking she was a spoiled brat who has had everything handed to her since she was born. She then got up and walked to a mirror on the wall. Her blue eyes looked toward her blonde hair looking for any imperfections. After grooming herself she decided to open her dorm door and exit the room.

Young Hikaru was standing outside the door, 13 he had just decided that girls were interesting and decided to say hi to one,
he saw Elizabeth as she openeh the door, Nodded to her and stammered off “Um Hi, , , I’m Hikaru, , , Nice to meet ya” then hitailed it to his room.

Standing silently in shock of that fast aquaintence with Hikaru, Elizabeth resumed to walk down the hallway looking for anyone her age to make friends with.

Kah’lad sighed as he moved warily through the large line of students exiting the lecture hall hosting his World Geopolitics lesson. He yawned as he walked slowly back to the C-10 dorm.

Kah’lad Forr’sith was a Dannistrian Army soldier who recently passed his cadet basic training. A somewhat cynical 18 year old, he is a fan of Japanese animation, especially of the sci-fi sub-genre. However he is more infamously known as being the ex-boyfriend of Sha’la. As an anime fan, you would think he would miss being Miss Hasegawa’s suitor. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Sha’la’s domineering attitude was such that Kah’lad was more than happy to be rid of her.

Kah’lad’s combat skills are average in terms of the Dannistrian Army but when compared to “ordinary” troops are very good. Especially when you consider he is also a Raven, or Dannistrian mech pilot. He was actually in the same training group as Sha’la and that is where he first encountered her overly combative and competitive attitude. It didn’t help when he kept matching her skills, blow for blow in AC training. This started a long running rivalry that never turned completely bitter but has large amounts of aggression.

Kah’lad entered the commons and waved warily to all, except for Sha’la whom he paused for a second before sighing and walking over to the opposite end of the room.

BACKGROUND:general appearance is that of a slightly feyish-looking humanoid standing at about 4’ 8" with a slight, almost ballet dancers type build. Apparent age looks to be that around 14 with a short and very thick blueish-gray hair color and steel gray eyes. Facial features include sharp angular cheeks, a slightly pointy looking nose and thin lips that look like they were made to grin, either with happiness or rage. Is currently dressed in a dark purple, trekyish style ship-suit, with a embroidered feline rampant on the left breast area and a brown leather belt with a holster and two pouches hung from it. In the holster is a primitive looking large bore chem-prop launcher with cartridge style rounds (.45 revolver 6-shot). Also she wears a small, camping-style black backpack with a collapsable tent attached.

IC:

“Sheemata, Kaila M. reporting ma’am.” I salute the lady that my parents told me was in charge of dorm room assignment, nervous and scared but hiding it behind the mask of calm that Scout Master Spht’perrr taught me.

“It seems you have very high marks in unarmed combat, small and med arms and ‘woodscraft’, but almost abysall ratings in standard academic classes, Ms. Sheemata” the death knell of my parents dreams starts to sound in my mind until I realize that the lady hasn’t stopped there, “…will be accepted in remedial classes, but only as long as you show improvement in those areas that you are lacking, AND can catch up to the other students in your age level.”

“Yes Ma’am!” Success!! I am going to go to SCHOOL! :smiley: The first in my family since the shattering of our original home 15 generations ago, and not just any kind of school, but a Academy, oh my grands would have been so proud. I hurredly salute the Dorm mistress and take my slip of paper with my dorm assignment and class list from her, then quickly set off towards my new home, Shiro Academy.

((wonders if new people can join shiro??))