Statement on Coup (5-22-11)

From the Minister of Foreign Affairs, HEM:

— Begin quote from ____

A few hours ago, the official government of The South Pacific was recklessly overthrow by a self motivated and opportunistic vulture.

We do not recognize the present delegate, nor do we recognize his claim to moderate any sort of election for the soul of this region. We have one of the most stable governments in the game – that is because the South Pacific is governed casually and with a great deal of class.

The issues raised by the usurper may be laced with glittering generalities of nobility, but this coup stands as nothing but an elaborate power grab. Had this nation wished to honestly serve the region, the government has a built in mechanism for change. Instead, he chose to serve himself, and Devonitians will come to know the consequences of such blind sighted arrogance.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we know we have problems in the South Pacific. But as a former radical myself, I can state that is not the way to solve them. We have to delve into our community more, reach out more, and serve the region more. There is enough blame to lay around – which is all Devonitians seems interested in proclaiming – but there are solutions. We just have to dare to find them.

We can find them, and we will find them, upon the righteous restoration of our Delegate – Southern Bellz.

— End quote

(Dated yesterday because that is when I was supposed to post this. https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592189.9467-smiley.gif?ttinline=true
)

[Update]

At present time (@499 EPST), SB is credited for 126 endorsements, with Devonitians at 124. There’s a chance we’ll see another delegacy-swap rather soon

[/update]

[update]
From TSP’s history

— Begin quote from ____

1 day 17 hours ago: The Smoking Gun of Southern Bellz elected WA Delegate (ending The Allied States of Devonitians’s reign after 2 days)

— End quote

[/update]

[update]
From today TEP’s RMB - posted by The Dominion of The Red Clay Hounds

— Begin quote from ____

“I Punk Daddy, of the nation Punk Reloaded, delegate of The West Pacific, hereby declare war on the previously ruling regime of The South Pacific. This war declaration is the result of inactivity and negligence by the former regime. For too long, the old regime of The South Pacific ignored the game, ignored the people they swore to protect, and the nations of The South Pacific deserve better!
The West Pacific will be taking action against the old regime in order to support the transition to a new government, a government responsive to the people, and accountable to the people.
We invite other regions and other nations to stand up for an active government and join with us to return The South Pacific to its vibrant and active past.

— End quote

[/update]