Technology Levels

In the coming days, I’ll make a map showing everyone’s equivalent tech level. It’ll help everyone see where they’re at.

Great idea!

Although, I’d wait for the nerfs to be 100% done until you start on that, as there will probably be a large tech disparity between the before-and-after-nerf versions of a nation.

How do we determine tech level anyway?

The simplest/least complicated answer would be post-modern tech.

Since I reconfigured by nation from future tech, they secretly retain the knowledge, but do so to stay a step ahead of everyone else as they advance.

— Begin quote from ____

How do we determine tech level anyway?

— End quote

Pre-Modern Technology – Any technology before now IRL
Modern Technology – Where the World IRL is Now
Post-Modern Technology – Where the World is Going IRL
Future Technology – Where the World Could Go IRL (not allowed)

I’m going to have to say that Mexregiona is of Modern to slightly Post-Modern Technology: I mean, we have some cool stuff over here, but, as of now, I haven’t really delved into the complicated parts of gadgets and gizmos.
So, on the map, if you can have something in-between those two, that would work fine. Otherwise, you should probably just put Modern.

The closet thing we have to Post-Modern technology is the Ascendancy Shuttle, which is like any other old space shuttle, but for the 2030s or so.

The United States of Wikichang, has Post-Modern Technology, as our most advanced achievement is nuclear fusion.

Here is a scale that can more precisely represent your tech level: http://forum.theeastpacific.com/single/?p=62841&t=984155

The Atlae Isles is about 10.5 minimum on the Loop Scale.

You don’t know everybody on the Tech level, so are you just going to put a blank space for no data?

EDIT: Probably around 10.5-11.

Most likely

I’d say Asendavia has some delvings into Post Modern. Alot of it is still Modern though.

Edit: Probably 10.5-11

Stratarin’s a solid 10.5.

The Grand Duchy of Dragonia is definitely a 10.5 within the big coastal cities. The rural areas are 10 to 10.5.

IMO Given that there is going to be a very low disparity of tech between nations, and that anything above slightly post modern has been nerfed to oblivion, we’ll probably need a more precise scale than loops to make this map that shows any difference between nations. Especially since loops scale goes from pre-stone age to godlike technology beyond imagination https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592185.4389-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

Let’s start a new topic and make a new scale; one more centered around present tech.

— Begin quote from ____

Let’s start a new topic and make a new scale; one more centered around present tech.

— End quote

This is a good idea. Maybe scale in increments of +/- 5 or 10 years of offset from strictly Modern Tech? A lot of nations won’t vary more than that.

Tretrid would be between 10.75 to 11.