TEP Biome Map

I’m very glad that those maps have been deleted. The attitudes in this thread just tells me that The East Pacific doesn’t deserve the use of them.

It is common sense that if the person who designed the maps doesn’t want you to use them, then you shouldn’t. Common sense and common courtesy. It’s become very, very apparent that several people in this community aren’t just out of touch, they’re completely and utterly operating on a whole other level when it comes to what is acceptable.

I’ll save the diplomacy I’m so known for, and say simply: you all suck.

I possess little respect for those that seek to damage a community out of spite during a tantrum over a disagreement with certain members of that community. I possess even less respect for an individual that lectures others regarding obviously disputable issues of ethics, then insults those persons while praising himself. You may be well-known to others for diplomacy; I stand unimpressed.

Regardless, I think at this point, we should absolutely move onto a new map. This issue is clearly too divisive to do otherwise. Furthermore, I’m not sure about anyone else, but I don’t really want BGP’s work standing as a pillar for this community.

Raven, and everyone for that matter, those maps and the maps that came from before have been used by our community for many years. They have become as much a part of our history as things like our laws, our court trials, and heck even our events. The community has enjoyed using them and only wanted to continue to do so. That’s why people are passionate about them. It’s like fighting over the regional flag - it’s become a facet of our culture.

However, it seems to me that individuals do not want us using those maps, for whatever reason or reasons they may have. We can respect that. I had intially said I would use the maps regardless, but I have since backed down from that stance and will respect the wishes of the previous map creator. I admit - I reacted out of fear and didn’t want to lose a piece of culture that was important to me. Nevertheless, his map will not be used. Even though we would like to continue using those maps, the fighting over an image on the internet has shown me we need to move on from this. We’re all better than this.

Therefore, we as a region will be seeking other avenues for a map that will better reflect our dynamic roleplay in the region. Until we can find a suitable replacement, which is hopefully very soon, we will use the map only as a reference and will not edit the map. I would appreciate it if folks who do not roleplay here would give us privacy as the roleplay community selects a proper map moving forward. Once a map is slected, we will announce it to both parties as to not cause any further confusion.

The matter is now closed.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I just wish the fighting would stop. I am temporarily locking this topic until cooler heads prevail.

I honestly still ike the old regional map from the ancient times, I do like the biome map though I know not where I would be on it,’

what is the disagreement with the current maps who doesn’t want us using them?
Cause it couldst be that hard to whip up a new one, and give the current active users preferred placing on the map,
I would like to have a wasteland area added to the map with ruins of the lost lothlandermore people who vanished to the
dust of history

Also I would suggest that like most of the stuff here any future maps should be accepted only if they become community property belonging to the region members of this forum, it would solve a lot of problems, perhaps make them Gnu public license or whatever you call it, perhaps a small committee to make the Gnu document for regional submissions, governing stuff like Maps, Story Content, Regional Ads, Regional Concepts that we use exclusively like the charter, articles of Confederation, Constitution, ect.

Im not trying to be stick in the mud but it just seems like we need to begin protecting out regional Identity,
as for the Skin, on the forum, Thel is long gone from the game so we can presume it is outs but perhaps it needs a little update.

Also when did we change flag???