TEP Biome Map

Heya everyone, I know that the biome map was missing, I didn’t find it initially because I couldn’t find it. LOL

After randomly perusing some folders in my computer, I found it at long last! I also uploaded it to Imgur so I can share it. This is just the biome map. If Southern Yugoslavia wants to edit it and add it to the list, then that’s fine.

I don’t know if it’s perfectly scaled, but here it is!

(Preliminary Version)

[edit_reason]Added a new map and fixed the faulty link. :P[/edit_reason]

Bump

Added a new map featuring the correct Vekaiyun Union and the surrounding area’s biomes. Check the Original Post for said link to map.

Nice!

— Begin quote from ____

Nice!

— End quote

Yeah, it’s not 100% accurate, some landmasses were enlargened during the fix. Plus quality was a little decreased in the Vekaiyun Union area.

I’ll have to bring out the whip and get Southern Yugoslavia working on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there a legend for the colors? I can guess some, but not all.

I don’t know. BGP deleted the legend too, I think. I’ll have to convene with the others and talk to them. But there’s also the chance that some things might be changed around on the map.

So far, it’s too early to tell.

I still have yet to hear anything from BGP about allowing me to edit it.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Maps are TEP property, go ahead and edit it since you are the cartographer around here. I’m sure Todd fully agrees.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Maps are TEP property, go ahead and edit it since you are the cartographer around here. I’m sure Todd fully agrees.

— End quote

Wrong.

These maps are the property of the original content developer, which is British Grand Pacific. You do not have permission to edit these maps without his permission.

I have had a discussion with him this evening, and if you would like permission to edit the map, please send a telegram to [nation]British Grand Pacific[/nation] in game.

-Raven

I shot him a telegram, hopefully that gets through because I wonder if he ever got my Skype message regarding it from about a month back.

When we spoke earlier, he said that he hadn’t heard from anyone and had checked his various spam filters as well.

He’s said that he’s happy to give permission for TEP to use the maps and edit them, but only if he’s asked.

Oh, okay! That’s odd, did he change his Skype name possibly? Anyways, good to know. I did send a telegram to him, so hopefully I’ll hear from him soon.

BGP uploaded these maps to Imgur, and in order to do so, agreed to Imgur’s Terms of Service. The Imgur Terms of Service very clearly state that by uploading a file, a person grants to Imgur “a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content.” The Imgur Terms of Service also very clearly state that by uploading a file, a person accepts that Imgur is using its irrevocable sublicense and assignment license to grant license to any person to use that content “for personal, non-commercial purposes.” The Imgur Terms of Service note that when a file is deleted, Imgur’s license does not expire (“irrevocable”), and “anything you post to a public portion of our site may be used by the public pursuant to the following paragraph even after you delete it.”

In short, whether he likes it or not, BGP granted all of us the continuing license to use his maps, provided we use them for “personal, non-commercial purposes.” I cannot think of a more personal, non-commercial use than role-playing on an online message board.

— Begin quote from ____

BGP uploaded these maps to Imgur, and in order to do so, agreed to Imgur’s Terms of Service. The Imgur Terms of Service very clearly state that by uploading a file, a person grants to Imgur “a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content.” The Imgur Terms of Service also very clearly state that by uploading a file, a person accepts that Imgur is using its irrevocable sublicense and assignment license to grant license to any person to use that content “for personal, non-commercial purposes.” The Imgur Terms of Service note that when a file is deleted, Imgur’s license does not expire (“irrevocable”), and “anything you post to a public portion of our site may be used by the public pursuant to the following paragraph even after you delete it.”

In short, whether he likes it or not, BGP granted all of us the continuing license to use his maps, provided we use them for “personal, non-commercial purposes.” I cannot think of a more personal, non-commercial use than role-playing on an online message board.

— End quote

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

— End quote

Wrong.

These maps are the property of the original content developer, which is British Grand Pacific. You do not have permission to edit these maps without his permission.

I have had a discussion with him this evening, and if you would like permission to edit the map, please send a telegram to [nation]British Grand Pacific[/nation] in game.

-Raven

— End quote

After what FPS said, I’m more inclined to agree with him. Unless BGP had a tumblr or a personal website that explicitly said “No Distributing without permission.” He signed the agreement with Imgur, and it’s out there. If he doesn’t like it, tough luck.

Also, SY, how about giving it a time limit? If he doesn’t reply in a week, it’s fair game.

Thank you for that information, FPS.

We may ask BGP for permission (we have asked many times before and he has not provided a response), but he does not have the right to hold the region hostage by denying us the ability to edit our map.

Y’know, uh – I am assuming these were uploaded to imgur because the ones I see are on imgur. They were, right?

— Begin quote from ____

Y’know, uh – I am assuming these were uploaded to imgur because the ones I see are on imgur. They were, right?

— End quote

They were. Here’s a link to http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5205072/1/#new. Images have since been deleted.

— Begin quote from ____

Unless BGP had a tumblr or a personal website that explicitly said “No Distributing without permission.” He signed the agreement with Imgur, and it’s out there.

— End quote

He attempted to write a http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5215208/1/#new, but that was never agreed upon by the region as a whole. In addition, it was written after http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5205072/1/#new.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

They were. Here’s a link to http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5205072/1/#new. Images have since been deleted.

— End quote

Yep, the only images of the maps you see here are the ones saved by users of the TEP before BGP began his acts of leaving us out to dry.

(Honestly, thank god there were a few that saved those images. We would have been up shit’s creek without a paddle.)

So long as BGP posted the maps to Imgur, anything else is irrelevant. Even if BGP and TEP made an agreement regarding fair use of BGP’s maps, that’d not prevent TEP from using BGP’s maps under sublicense from Imgur.

That’s my reading, anyway. I’d note I’ve been a lawyer for a whole of 4 days, and that I’m a criminal defense attorney not a copyright lawyer. But this stuff seems rather clear to me.