TEP Main Welcome Message Update

PROPOSED SERVER CHANGE #Maintenance Update: Updating entry message and /verify command.

Is this an emergency change?
No

What is being changed?
The welcome message and corresponding /verify command

Why is the change being made?
Based on feedback from Discord Maskers. The entry message was not fully completed.

What will the change look like?
Before:

After:

Where can I discuss this change?
Here in this thread. Please remember to be respectful and abide by the community rules, and submit constructive feedback if needed.

I think that this looks good.
I’m not sure about letting unverified into #general.
It has the upside that newcomers can directly participate and may be less inclined to leave the server when they are still not verified after 30 seconds [insert rolling-eyes-smiley here].
On the downside, it will allow spammers and the like to immediately start spamming and such. But in my opinion, the upside outweighs the downside.

— Begin quote from ____

I think that this looks good.
I’m not sure about letting unverified into #general.
It has the upside that newcomers can directly participate and may be less inclined to leave the server when they are still not verified after 30 seconds [insert rolling-eyes-smiley here].
On the downside, it will allow spammers and the like to immediately start spamming and such. But in my opinion, the upside outweighs the downside.

— End quote

We have done it before, we’ll have Dyno auto-moderation and we have a lockdown command we can use also.