The Atlantia Eight (A8)

I don’t think it matters who hosts the meeting first. Hi, by the way. I’ve always been a major proponent of this sort of thing. Would you guys consider some of the things the ACA has/had in place: free movement of goods, people and capital, mutual military assistance and non aggression, a common currency and that sory of thing?

Don’t even think about Toksun Ance being in the A8. They would much rather start a nuclear war with Tretrid.

Advis Arcistopica is not going to be in the A8. Not yet.

I nominate Civilmagna, Mexregiona to be the meeting site for the first meeting.

— Begin quote from ____

I don’t think it matters who hosts the meeting first. Hi, by the way. I’ve always been a major proponent of this sort of thing. Would you guys consider some of the things the ACA has/had in place: free movement of goods, people and capital, mutual military assistance and non aggression, a common currency and that sory of thing?

— End quote

I’m good with everything except maybe the non-aggression. As Hobbes has said (not in direct quotes), Roleplay sours if big organizations are around to keep the peace.

And speaking of common currency, many nations already use the Karuble on the continent: Atlae, Tretrid, and Dovahofkiin do, I know. The Dovahofkeen Karuble is different than a standard Karuble, though. Mexregiona uses the Monsuu ($), which is basically a SHD (US Dollar). This can be changed over time, however.

— Begin quote from ____

Don’t even think about Toksun Ance being in the A8. They would much rather start a nuclear war with Tretrid.

Advis Arcistopica is not going to be in the A8. Not yet.

I nominate Civilmagna, Mexregiona to be the meeting site for the first meeting.

— End quote

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/VLE6GU4.png
[/spoiler]
Civilmagna is on the blue island (Insulmag), just so everybody knows. I think that’d be a decent place. It’s a large Embassy city of a four-million metropolitan population.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/yjINnwV.png
[/spoiler]

I don’t think it should be necessary to have non-agression pact as a requirement. I would rather say the VU is Atlantian as it coast sit right off if Prussia, just my opinion .

— Begin quote from ____

I would rather say the VU is Atlantian as it coast sit right off if Prussia, just my opinion .

— End quote

My Argument Against This

"The Union was seen as an antidote to the Prussian Empire, whose backing by the Pax Caliphate was seen “A Threat To the Well Being of Society and it’s Members”. 1922 saw the creation of the Veridian Union, which was declared to be “a first step in ensuring the freedom of the Gondwana Continent and [its] neighbors, and halting the advance of Communism and the Caliphate.”

As you can see, the original purpose of the Union was to oppose the spread and influence of Prussia into Northern Gondwana. It was a communist buffer-zone used to keep the forces of the Caliphate out.

CLIMATE:

Furthermore, the Union also has a distinct jungle environment that is only found in Northern Gondwana and parts of Southern Prussia (due to the two continents splitting up prehistorically). Sand has spread from Southern Atlantia to Veridia Secondus (the eastern island) due to desertification.

IDEOLOGIES:

“The Federal Republic of Rhodesia [Old Veridian Union, basically] is a constitutional republic and representative democracy.]” — “[The Union] exerted political and unconventional force on nations in the Gondwana continent. Such nations would be Toloria, Genosha, Owha, and Elbina.” ; “The need for these five-year plans was primarily out of obtaining materials and resources not present on the Veridian Islands. Toloria and Genosha had their democratically elected governments replaced by a one party fascist state who held Pro-Union views in 1942 and 1946.”

I believe that the A7/A8 would not be welcome to this thinking; the Union seems to be a non-democratic state in which corporations feed off of neighboring, weaker nations. It would not be a good candidate for the organization, regardless of its placement near the coast.

And if none of that persuades you:

“The country lies mostly between the Gondwana and Atlantia continents.”

This implies that the nation is neither in Atlantia or Gondwana, and that it is instead a purgatory area of sorts.

By the way, the next time we have a meeting, can we have an agenda so we know what we should be discussing?

— Begin quote from ____

By the way, the next time we have a meeting, can we have an agenda so we know what we should be discussing?

— End quote

Good idea.

The 4 rebellious states will definitely not join the A8. They will not join any diplomatic group with Atlae in it and are isolationist in principle.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Speaking of which:

-Continental Railroad (High Priority)
-----There are two routes that have been proposed, by the way.
-Connectors Conjoining the Mexregional Archipelago (High Priority)
-Causeway Joining Luthernburg with Djuptvattenpåbankerna (Bankerna), Dovahofkiin (High Priority)
-Causeway Joining Port Andromeda, Atlae with Mänsklig Punkt, Dovahofkiin (High Priority)
-“Nacata Line” (Rail) Joining Luthernburg and Nacata
-Highway System Connecting Insulmin City, Civilmagna with Nouvelle Ville (in Southern Mainland Mexregiona) (Medium Priority)
-Bridges Connecting Mexregiona with Tretrid (Medium Priority)
-Bridge Connecting Dropdatderp, Mexregiona with Gedert, Tretrid (Low Priority)

PROPOSED
-Connection Between Tretridian and Altaesian Capitals
-Roadway Between Eastern Atlantian Seaboard and Biznes City, Serenitech
-Bridge System Connecting Louisianaia Island with Draeset, Tretrid
-Bridge System from Keigan, Mexregiona to Archopolis, Mexregiona
-Bridges Between Mexregiona and Sydonia
-Various Highways and Lines Joining with the Continental Railroad

((I think I missed some stuff, but there it is.))

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Speaking of which:

-Continental Railroad (High Priority)
-----There are two routes that have been proposed, by the way.
-Connectors Conjoining the Mexregional Archipelago (High Priority)
-Causeway Joining Luthernburg with Djuptvattenpåbankerna (Bankerna), Dovahofkiin (High Priority)
-Causeway Joining Port Andromeda, Atlae with Mänsklig Punkt, Dovahofkiin (High Priority)
-“Nacata Line” (Rail) Joining Luthernburg and Nacata
-Highway System Connecting Insulmin City, Civilmagna with Nouvelle Ville (in Southern Mainland Mexregiona) (Medium Priority)
-Bridges Connecting Mexregiona with Tretrid (Medium Priority)
-Bridge Connecting Dropdatderp, Mexregiona with Gedert, Tretrid (Low Priority)

PROPOSED
-Connection Between Tretridian and Altaesian Capitals
-Roadway Between Eastern Atlantian Seaboard and Biznes City, Serenitech
-Bridge System Connecting Louisianaia Island with Draeset, Tretrid
-Bridge System from Keigan, Mexregiona to Archopolis, Mexregiona
-Bridges Between Mexregiona and Sydonia
-Various Highways and Lines Joining with the Continental Railroad

((I think I missed some stuff, but there it is.))

— End quote

Speaking of the Continental Railroad & Causeway Joining Luthernburg with Djuptvattenpåbankerna (Bankerna), Dovahofkiin I have everything prepared to present I’m going to rp Bout now