The Atlantia Eight (A8)

So after having some talks with the Atlae Isles we figure that it maybe possible to have a organization for the Continent of Atlantia.

I propose it be used to touch on the following topics if you have some topics that could be touch on this would be the place to post it:

-Energy Efficiency Cooperation
-Climate Investment Funds
-Trade
-Government transparency
-Tackling tax evasion
-The ongoing Auroran Crisis

Could be some things we could discuss at the Annual & Monthly meetings. One of our goal could be fine tuning of short term economic policies among participant countries to monitor developments in the Atlantia economy and assess economic policies.

Every 6 months the responsibility of hosting the Annual A8 Meeting would be rotated through the member states in the following order: Kuthernburg, Mexregiona, The Atlae Isles, and Tretrid.Every 2 months or so the Responsibility of the Minor A8 meetings would be rotated through the member states in the following order:Advis Arcistopica, Celestia, Dovahofkiin,Kuthernburg, Mexregiona, Nacata, The Atlae Isles, and Tretrid. The holder of the presidency sets the agenda, hosts the summit for that month, and determines which ministerial meetings will take place.

Okay that’s what we have so far and please keep in mind its not official can’t wait to hear what the other Atlantian Countries have in mind.

I’m looking forward to joining the Atlantian continent in arms (figuratively speaking) in the future. I’d like to see what others have to say before I comment, but I will disclaim that I will be in charge of both Mexregionan and Dovahofkeen affairs throughout the doings of the possible organization.

— Begin quote from ____

I’m looking forward to joining the Atlantian continent in arms (figuratively speaking) in the future. I’d like to see what others have to say before I comment, but I will disclaim that I will be in charge of both Mexregionan and Dovahofkeen affairs throughout the doings of the possible organization.

— End quote

Glad to hear this I had also discussed that Kuthernburg/Mexregiona Transcontinental railroad would be a key step in connecting the Atlantia Continent together. Its to my understanding that the 4 Major powers in Atlantia Kuthernburg, Mexregiona, Tretrid & The Atlae Isles all have key alliances with each other 3 of the 4 is member of the PKFU so I believe we would have a very good Organization that would defer us from the rest.

Can we name it “The Atlantian Alliance?”

I’m flattered that I’m a “major power.” Anyway, yes, the railroad would definitely help. I’m also thinking that we could do something with Prussia (although they are generally inactive); I’m not sure what exactly, though.
Speaking of transportation, the organization could further the construction of bridges between all the Atlae Isles. As Atlae has said in their NSwiki page, there are a lot of those connectors. What would be intriguing is if bridges were built between the “major powers.” For instance, portions of the USM are in close proximity with the Second Republic. These narrow stretches of water could be the future home for bridges and causeways.

((I’ll comment more later, I think: I have got to go.))

If every in agrees To The Atlantian Alliance then I suppose why not.

Now Altaesia was handed over to Kuthernburg (Please go see the Congressional RP) which puts me closer to Dovahofkiin in which I can build a Bridge Tunnel system across that strait onto the island and continuing over to the MainLand there a, possible open borders will allow more tourist between countries which will then help fund the updates of airports and other stuff.Not sure Prussia is a big country thats just there someone needs to contact him. I say we go for it

— Begin quote from ____

If every in agrees To The Atlantian Alliance then I suppose why not.

Now Altaesia was handed over to Kuthernburg (Please go see the Congressional RP) which puts me closer to Dovahofkiin in which I can build a Bridge Tunnel system across that strait onto the island and continuing over to the MainLand there a, possible open borders will allow more tourist between countries which will then help fund the updates of airports and other stuff.Not sure Prussia is a big country thats just there someone needs to contact him. I say we go for it

— End quote

If people were to be allowed into Dovahofkiin (mainly tourists), the area in which they could roam would have to be quite small. Long story short, the inhabitants of the island are wary of tourists, and that doesn’t even take into account the dragons that roam all over the place. Only places where dragons allow Urthling settlement are safe to go into (which is another deciding factor in the placement of Dovahofkeen cities), but a dragon-less area could be allotted by the government. Things are weird up there, and the laws of both the people and the dragons are even more complicated.

In short, Dova is a bipolar country: in some cases, it is open to may, in others, it take an isolationist standpoint.

The Atlantian Alliance sounds pretty good. I would think it could be nicknamed the TAA or simply the Double A.

Where do you think the railroad will stretch, Rico?

I Propose it would Start in Luthernburg making 4 Stops in Kuthernburg those stops would be in Pearl River, Marble, Lutop, Navalaca, before running express passed the Panhandle of Prussia were I would meet your crew half way it would be a 4-6 tracks depending on the location. It would allow Freight & Passenger Service, I will make a RP for TAA (Basically first meeting) were we can lay everything on the table and see what we can get passed.

— Begin quote from ____

I Propose it would Start in Luthernburg making 4 Stops in Kuthernburg those stops would be in Pearl River, Marble, Lutop, Navalaca, before running express passed the Panhandle of Prussia were I would meet your crew half way it would be a 4-6 tracks depending on the location. It would allow Freight & Passenger Service, I will make a RP for TAA (Basically first meeting) were we can lay everything on the table and see what we can get passed.

— End quote

It may be have to be created after the war blows over. Or not.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

— End quote

Everyone not at war so I think it will be okay i mean we can mention it during the meeting but I figure we would try to stay off that for the first meeting atleast

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

— End quote

Everyone not at war so I think it will be okay i mean we can mention it during the meeting but I figure we would try to stay off that for the first meeting atleast

— End quote

Very well. I just hope the war won’t interfere too much.

The RP is Out

I’m just going to complain right now that we had no choice over who would have the first meeting. There are several other potential meeting places. If you might remember, this was originally a (not very secret) alliance between Me, Mex, and Atlae, then you joined.

My main problem is that we don’t have a consensus on where to start this rotation.

Oh, and Advis Arcistopica is not in the alliance, but that might change soon.

— Begin quote from ____

I’m just going to complain right now that we had no choice over who would have the first meeting. There are several other potential meeting places. If you might remember, this was originally a (not very secret) alliance between Me, Mex, and Atlae, then you joined.

My main problem is that we don’t have a consensus on where to start this rotation.

Oh, and Advis Arcistopica is not in the alliance, but that might change soon.

— End quote

Can we get a moderator or someone to delete the thread

Just lock it and label it as not canon until we actually decide where to host it.

A couple things about Prussia real quick:

They are not active in any sense, but are big-time important historically

They’re politically aligned with the Pax Caliphate

Tuva slinks back into the dark corner

So how would we vote on who host first and in what order ?

— Begin quote from ____

So how would we vote on who host first and in what order ?

— End quote

We could draw straws.

Or we could go off of which nation wants to go first. Mexregiona can wait, and Dovahofkiin would have to build a meeting place, anyway.

Thats the thing the Main Atlantian countries cab only host annual meetings Kuthernburg, The Atlae Isles mex & tretrid the small meetings that occur every 2 much can be moved around every Atlantian country.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/pjGalXJ.png
[/spoiler]

Can everyone agree that the nations in dark grey are not to be considered for this organization?

I can officially say “no” for Marpa and Santo Corona. I have unchallenged (as of late) jurisdiction over Marpa and I have future roleplay plans for Santo Corona.

As Tuva said, Prussia is off the list. And, given that Prussia is off, Serenitech and Sydonia should be, too.

I personally believe that the Veridian Union is more associated with Northern Gondwana than Atlantia, although this may be debated.

It is up to Tret to decide whether Toksun Ance could be considered. Also, Advis Arcistopica is up to him/her/it/them.

It is up to Atlae to decide whether Minedestives, Kerlington, Charton, and Liber Yorvus could be considered. (Although they may be nonexistent within the next month.)

[edit_reason]Added Sydonia[/edit_reason]