The Beginning.

[spoiler]This is an Ethalrian based RP. I am writing alongside Xagrurg until the story line progresses, which will be after a few posts. I’ll put another spoiler in the story to announce when whoever can join in. Thank you![/spoiler]

Amalda Harimann was sat in her office awaiting intelligence. She was a middle aged woman who had dominated the political scene for years. She had experience, and where need utilised it in stampeding fashion. She had been recently reelected as serving matriarch. A map of Aurora was laid on her table, with the newest Xagrurg political divide. The divide was enormous. Amalda chuckled. All she could envision was the end of her most fierce rivals.

The matriarch hadn’t been involved in world politics for a long time, at least a few decades. They preferred to quietly recover from their significant defeat from the war. The general Ethalrian public despised anyone affiliated with the governments who crippled them, namely the SCE, and more importantly, the Republic of Xagrurg.
The Ethalrian government had slowly paid off their war debts and charges given to them by the ACA. Because of the war, Ethalria was forced to tie ‘good’ relationships with the SCE and establish a DMZ and again, somewhat good relations with Xagrurg. Ethalria was forced to adopt the Kirib, which stripped them of their national identity. Over the decades, political unrest and riots littered the streets demanding an end to Xagrurg for the crimes they committed. Eventually the pace slowed down until many stopped, but none forgot. Lives resumed as normal and everything was mundane. The major Ethalrian cities that had fallen during the war had been rebuilt and were prosperous.

Growing up, Amalda fiercely hated the Xagrurgian government. All throughout her teens, she wrote novels about how she wanted to publicly humiliate every politician under the Xagrurg government for destroying the monarchy, which was a popular lust in the 80s. In fact, under her pen name, she made a fortune, writing the best selling Ethalrian novel of '86. As she entered politics in her early twenties, her hatred remained the same. With the fascist ideologies she put to the table, she made a name for herself, sparking the fading interests of Ethalrian nationalists and veterans of the Auroran Imperial War. This eventually led to her underlying effectiveness and, ultimately quickening her footsteps to the most prestigious Ethalrian office, the Head Matriarch, which is essentially a presidency. In 2008, she stepped foot into her new home and has never looked back, retaining the strategical interests of most Ethalrian citizens and being re-elected in 2014 to serve her second term until 2020.

The Xagrurg conflict aroused her imagination, giving her multiple plots to play with. None of them fell into place and Amalda grew tired of playing a game she couldn’t involve herself with. She didn’t want to rush into things as she feared the ACA would force serious repercussions, until now.

The Greater Xagrurgian Empire had formed as a military coup to seize Xagrurg, who she hated. Because of their rising power and influence, she had sent out an invitation for General Erwin Pipua to discuss their potential in the Rivendale State Building, where she sat waiting. She looked out of the enormous tinted window out to the city. The Building was 125 floors high and she was at the top. Almost everything revolved around her, and that she loved. She felt the cities enormous power as it constantly moved. Amalda closed her eyes and breathed in very slowly until her chest was at its largest. She proceeded to slowly exhale, opening her eyes at the end. The room was silent and she paused for several minutes, looking with malicious intent, although not obvious.
Whilst unmoved, she addressed her stuffed green toad which laid dormant on her office table, a face full of pain when it was alive.
“I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend.” she slowly pronounced with a grimace.

Erwin Pipua sat in his office in the building formerly known as the Xagrurgian Parliament. He was a middle-aged man who was a prominent field marshal in the Xagrurgian military before the military coup.
He had intelligence and excellent strategical skills which he used to fight overseas. He was appointed as High Commander of the coup, which is now called the Greater Xagrurgian Empire. He plants out a map, smiling as the Greater Xagrurgian Empire forces are reaching Eidenburgh and attacking Laona.

Half of the Xagrurgian military was left embittered from the Auroran Imperial War, as most of them thought Ethalria wasn’t punished severely enough and that they should’ve been exterminated. The membership of the coup grew over the years since the AIW, with the old guard becoming more angrier and new members wanting of glory and to serve the Xagrurgian race. The Xagrurgian general public remained relatively content until recent years, where presidents like Bob Jones and Thomas Kennedy were found to be corrupt and imperialistic, agitating the public. Due to the formation of the Auroran Continental Assembly, the Republic of Xagrurg improved relations with Ethalria. The replacement of the Xagrugi with the Kirib as the national currency of Xagrurg further angered the Xagrurg public and within the military. The military coup grew even more as events agitated the public to be unhappy with the Republican government. As time went on, people stopped rioting and protesting but everyone remembered the events that sparked them. Lives went back to normal for the most part aside from the usual protests every month or so. The economy boomed in Xagrurg as a victor of the AIW.

Growing up, Erwin Pipua was always a rebel. He refused to obey authority and was stubborn. When he was a teenager, he was a master of chess and the top of his mathematics class, resulting in him being sent to one of the top universities in Xagrurg but he caused trouble with the Xagrurgian government, occasionally vandalizing buildings. He often created strategies for the Xagrurgian military, primarily focused on fighting high-intensity wars, leading to him rising quickly up the ranks of the Xagrurgian military when he graduated from university and joined the Xagrurgian Army. He was dissatisfied with the Republican Xagrurgian government, thinking that a republic will only weaken the government since the public can easily influence it. When a member of the coup approached him in an attempt to recruit him, he said yes and he was briefed on what he was going to do by members of the military coup. He always had a hatred with Ethalria since he thinks they are a inferior race compared to the Xagrurgian race but he knew an alliance with them would be extremely useful, as they can support the coup and they both hated the Republican Xagrurgian government. As he grew up, he gained the trust of most of the field marshals in the Department of Defense.

When the military coup leaders decided it was time to launch the coup with many of the Xagrurgian military in Yor and the public starting to hate the war, Erwin Pipua joined the attack on the Xagrurgian Parliament and began shooting everyone. Erwin Pipua was a charismatic man, leading to many of the Xagrurgian military liking him and the military coup assigned him to be the High Commander of the new nation, the Greater Xagrurgian Empire. He knew that the ACA will react soon so he told the forces of the Greater Xagrurgian Empire to blitzkreig areas of the old republic and seize control of ICBM silos. He also managed to convince the crew of the XSS Silent, a nuclear submarine harboring 4 nuclear ICBMs, to join the Empire’s side.

Back in his office, High Commander Erwin Pipua received an invitation from the matriarch of Ethalria, Amalda Harimann, inviting him to her office. Erwin Pipua smiles as the Greater Xagrurgian Empire can finally be great with the two empires uniting. A couple hours later after his convoy of cars ferries him to the Rivendale State Building. Erwin Pipua and his team of bodyguards walk into the elevator, going to the 125th floor, where Amalda Harimann resides. As they walk off the elevator, Erwin Pipua approaches her door and knocks, smiling.

The knock took her by surprise, but she gave a tight grin. She let a second pass and then slowly turned around.
“Enter.” She pleaded, studying the door.
Erwin Pipua opened the door and walked in, telling his bodyguards to guard the door. After walking in, he closes the door and says “Hello Ms. Harimann.”
Amalda smiled. She studied the General with stern, brown eyes, up and down until she felt satisfied. She removed her hand from her chin and pulled open her chair, sitting down.
“Please, take a seat.”
High Commander Erwin Pipua nodded and took the seat. “Let’s get started shall we?”
“Of course General. That is what you’re here for,” She paused. “I’ve invited you here to discuss what I believe to be a great opportunity for our nations.” A pause. “Of course, you know what I am talking about. The Xagrurg Republic has been an enemy of mine for many centuries, and for the matter, so has the Morsts, or what ever they are called now.” She paused, and took a sip of water. “I’ve been studying your movement since you started. You’ve done an excellent job in taking over, I give you my applauds.”
“Thank you Ms. Harrimann. Since our mutual enemy is the Xagrurgian Republic, I propose we should have a military alliance in order to restore our empires. I find it ironic that Xagrurg separated from Ethalria so long ago, fought the first AIW against Ethalria, and now could be joining Ethalria via diplomacy, don’t you think?”
Amalda sat back in her chair, keeping a professional look.
“Of course. I was just getting to that, General.” She coughed. “That is, exactly what I want for Ethalria. To crush the Republic in one fowl swoop.” A pause. “A military alliance would be in our strategic interests. We must strike fast, as I fear the Morstaybishlian’s get more weary by the minute.” She paused to let the General speak.
“I agree, the Oan Isles’ declaration of war on the Greater Xagrurgian Empire certainly isn’t helping either. I was hoping those 230 nuclear ICBMs and the nuclear submarine in my empire’s hands would work as a deterrent against foreign invasions but that certainly isn’t working.”
“Hmm. Yes. It is understandable. Ethalria has stood neutral for the last forty years. But it is in our more prominent interests to work alongside you, General. We want to put an end to the Morsts’ and Xagrurgian influence.” She paused. “I wish to establish Ethalria as a world superpower and that I have not been able to until now. With your help, we could both enter the world stage standing mighty.” She uttered, taking another sip.
“It seems that our goals are aligned with each other with the ending of the Morst and Xagrurgian influence over the world and that the Greater Xagrurgian Empire and the Ethalrian Empire should become world powers together. Of course the Greater Xagrurgian Empire will join together with Ethalria.”
“That is excellent news.” Amalda breathed in slowly, replenishing her senses. Have you ever conducted an invasion, General?"
“I have seen action in Latianburg and the conflict with OFOY so yes. Has Ethalria seen military conflict however? Experience is crucial.”
“That’s not even a question, General.” She set back, slightly angry but maintaining posture. “We took control of a 96% majority of Sani Bursil, it’s one of our greatest achievements, and that’s without the rest.” She paused. “How may we go by dealing with the inadvertent threat from the SEPC if we do invade their allies?” she asked, rubbing her chin in slight confusion.
“Nevermind, ignore my question.” He grunted.
“I propose we draw your Xagrurgian friends out of the country, before anything else happens.”
“The Greater Xagrurgian Empire has already taken Eidenburgh, the last remaining stronghold of the Xagrurgian Republic on the mainland and Laona is currently being attacked by GXE forces.”
“Hmm yes. You’re aware of me inviting a third person to this meeting, I hope?” She asked politely.
“No, i was not aware but I am alright with this third person if he or she won’t harm our talks.”
Amalda smiled. “Of course not. The third person is Starikov. He has been making a name for himself in Stratarin, and he is one of the only people I could have to help us in the future. With the backing of Stratarin under his name, it is my hopes the SEPC will be torn between helping them, and the SCE.” She paused, sitting back and taking another sip.
“Tell me more of Mr. Starikov and what has he done to make a name for himself if you shall.”
“Starikov is the Minister of Law Enforcement for Stratarin. He’s been in the government for years, and he is good at his job.” Amalda stood up, and walked across the room to her bookshelf. The General didn’t move whatsoever, in fact just staring out of her window with a slow glare. Amalda scrolled through her neat, alphabetical rows.
“P… Q… R… S… These… Starblitz, Starfleet, no. Ah. Starikov’s Autobiography. This one.” She gently pulled out the book from the others, putting a wooden block in its place to prevent the stack collapsing. The strode over to her desk in calm fashion once more and laid the Autobiography in front of the General, who had maintained his glare but this time focusing on the book.
“Interesting.” He commented, giving nothing away.
“As we wait for him to arrive, I shall allow you to indulge in his endeavours.” The room fell silent, and Amalda started signing paperwork.

As the blades of his helicopter quickly died out, Mikhail Starikov nodded to the pilot and stepped out. His long, coat swirled darkly in the wind, and he smiled coldly as he looked up at the building. Inwardly, he wondered why the helipad was on the 100th floor, and not the 125th, but he dismissed it as a world leader’s random eccentricities.

As he began to walk towards the nearest door, a young man wearing a cream and green-colored uniform moved quickly to block him. “Sir, do you have permission to use the helipad?”

Starikov met this fool’s eyes, and the little man shrunk away from Starikov’s crisp, unyielding gaze. “Listen here, whelp,” the Stratarin began. There was neither a hint of malice nor emotion in his voice, yet somehow it was terrifying. “I am the Procurator General of Stratarin, and one day its ruler. I have tirelessly fought and endlessly toiled to be put on this path. I have faced crime lords, traitorous officials, world leaders. And I will not be stopped now by some oaf whose tongue should be removed.”

“Y-y-yes sir.” Any last ounce of standoffish indignation evaporated from the Ethalrian. “I’ll show you to the elevator.”

Mikhail smiled, though it was more as a shark smiles than a man. “Thank you.”

A short pattern of precise knocks sounded against the office door of the Matriarch.
The General turned around, one arm around his chair.
“Ms. Harriman, I believe that is Mr. Starikov that is knocking on the door.”
Amalda swept her gaze from her desk and looked at the General.
“Yes,” She sighed. Relinquishing her mood, she followed with the classical “Please enter.”
The Ethalrian matriarch put down her pen and slid the documents she was working on into her desk.
Mikhail Starikov stepped inside, awarding the guard who opened the door with a brief nod. He immediately examines the room with a sweeping gaze, seeming to make mental notes, then focused on the Matriarch. “Your lady.” He respectfully greeted her. Then he flicked his gaze to the general. “And you are?”
“Good afternoon Mr. Starikov, my name is High Commander Erwin Pipua of the Greater Xagrurgian Empire.”
“A pleasure, I am certain, High Commander.” He inclined his head towards a vacant chair adjacent to the desk and addressed Amalda. “May I sit?”
“It’s an honour for you to join us. Starikov. Please do.” Amalda sat upright.
At the dull clap of the book Pipua was examining shutting, Starikov glanced at it and noted the words ‘Starikov’s Biography’ on the cover. He was far from surprised that his newfound potential allies would have tried to study him. After a split second of contemplation, he decided to act as though he had not noticed and took his seat.
“I’m assuming I’ve missed at least some pertinent discussion?” He asked as the settled into his chair.
“We have been discussing on the terms of a military alliance and our mutual enemy, the Xagrurgian Republic.”
“Your enemy, High Commander. Not ours. Xagrurg does not yet concern me.”
“I’ve decided to build an alliance with the GXE because of my mutual distaste for the people the GXE are fighting. The SCE seems to be growing as the primary enemy.” She looked at Starikov in the eyes. “And that is why I’ve invited you today. We wish to discuss the benefits of you joining our cause.”
Starikov narrowed his eyes and calmly met her gaze. “Go on,” he said simply.
“The SCE has already sent us threats. We wish to establish the GXE and Ethalria into the New World as prosperous nations without the direct involvement of the SCE to tell us what we can and cannot do.” She paused. “Of course. This probably doesn’t appeal to you in any way.” Another pause. “However, we have discussed the potential of conducting a full scale invasion right into their heart. Not only will it take them by surprise, the power we are dealing with here is immeasurable. The Royal Vaults hold trillions and trillions worth of Gold, almost sat lingering on our doorsteps. If at all possible to get away with this capture, we must have a costly excuse for them not to fight back.” She paused, and the General smiled. “If we take Lambertus VII hostage, we can get away with murder, and we would be the richest people alive.”
Starikov’s lips curled into a smile. “Am I being bribed, your ladyship?”
“Not at all. Starikov. But with your influence on our side, it can help win the war, and the benefits accumulated for Stratarin with you at the helm is unspeakable.” She added.
“Of course. Although I will gladly accept these eventual rewards, there is one more immediate need of mine.”
Amalda sat back, touching her chin. “That being?”
“In exchange for my influence, I require yours. By tomorrow, if all is executed as planned, Stratarin will be mine. I would need not only your full support of my rise to power, but also your complete and total denouncement of Viktor Drugov’s failed regime.”
Starikov’s eyes snapped to the general, then back to Amalda, and he nodded. “I will also attempt to recruit to our cause any allies that accept me as the rightful ruler of Stratarin.” His eyes seemed to freeze over. “And let those who do not burn.”
“Excellent. Our gratitude for your acceptance is tremendous.” She eagerly smiled.
Erwin broke his absence “So, is there anything else that we should discuss with the knowledge that we are allies? By the way, what shall we be known as?”
Starikov arched an eyebrow at the latter question, but said nothing.
“Good question, Erwin.” Amalda hesitated to respond, but with Starikov looking directly at her, she continued. “Perhaps, The Axis?”
“Sounds good.” Erwin announced.
Starikov scoffed under his breath. “I prefer the Triumvirate.”
Without showing emotion, Amalda nodded and looked at the General.
“But if any other nations join our alliance, ‘Triumvirate’ wouldn’t be a good name as it only refers to 3 members.”
“This is true,” Starikov mused, seemingly assessing the general. “Of course, our name is of little importance.”
“For political reasons, of course.” Amalda added.
“Well, I presume we are done here and this concludes our meeting?” The General asked politely.
“There’s nothing else I can think of, Gentlemen.” Amalda noted.
“Very well, then.” Coat billowing slightly, Starikov stood. “Thank you for the invitation, your ladyship. This meeting has proven to be most… profitable.”
“We’re both delighted. We hope to be talking in the very near future.” Amalda stood, and so did Erwin. Thank you both." She raised her hands for both men to shake.
Starikov firmly shook her offered hand. “Until our next meeting.”