The Confederated East Pacific

Fog covered the ocean and hid the rising sun. Stephen leaned on the catamaran’s rails as he sipped a steaming cup of joe. He wiggled his toes in his pink fuzzy slippers, and squeezed his robe closer as cold air blew across his neck. He didn’t notice as a ninja appeared from below deck.

The man took off his mask to reveal an eye patch and impressive facial scar. “Mr. President, we are nearing the rendezvous. The ship’s captain urges you to come below deck.”

“Nick, you don’t mind if I call you that, do you?–no reply–Nick, as director of OSCvER, did you ever imagine you were an experiment to enhance the human body? I mean, ‘Office for Simian-Vulpine Convergent Evolution Research’ sounds like a load of crap. You must have noticed the pills they slipped in your coffee. Makes me wonder why you were chosen.”

“Sir, I am a veteran of the Urtha Uprising. My platoon held off the savages until Terabithia sent reinforcements. I was the only survivor. I think I was chosen because I survive.”

“You sure it’s not because I need a bodyguard/secretary to assist me?” No reply.

The ship kept sailing, hedged in by an armada of stealth catamarans. The nation didn’t know where the president was, not even the Tribune. Everything had been planned, even the downfall of Colbert’s running mate and predecessor, ex-president O’Reilly. Now was the culminate of that planning. The President of Old Federalia was on a dual hull sail boat in the middle of the ocean in order to meet with the leaders of other nations.

Slipping through the thick Pacific fog, the Presidential Yacht was well equipped for stealth missions such as this. He was alone except for the boat’s Captain, and his most trusted adviser; Governor Navarro of Atlea. Navarro specialized in aiding the President with questions on Foreign Policy, and in turn had been appointed to an important seat in the Presidential Council.

“Your Most Extreme Highness,” The captain appeared in the doorway of the viewing platform, “we approach the rendezvous point. We have yet to detect other crafts through this fog”. Navarro thanked and waved him away.

The windowed deck was silent for a long while, until the President spoke.
“We will be making courageous history today. Aelitia will be at the helm of international development, and we may finally realize our plans.” The blonde haired man nodded and looked ahead into the fog. The captain’s voice came over the PA of the boat; “Other boats detected, confirmed to be a fellow delegation.”

The President walked alone to the top deck, graciously awaiting the welcome from the other delegations and enjoying the soft spray of the salty water on his face.

Having waited at the rendezvous point for what he felt was an extensive length of time, President Melodom made his way below deck to speak to the captain.
“Captain, you are certain we are at the correct coordinates?”
“Yes sir.” The captain was confident, but he had no knowledge of the purpose of the mission.
“Ready the loudspeakers, but do not use it without my orders.” The President went back above deck with Navarro to ask his opinion on the happenings so far.