The Continental Divide

OOC: Who will get which parts?

OOC: Whee!

The boats had departed from Helta Island, speeding to the city of Portland.

Airplanes had bombed, the army had secured. 1/3 of the planes refueled at a time, so they wouldn’t be vulnerable.

OOC: Atlae, you get Seattle, I get Portland.

Would you like to surrender your claim between Seattle and Eugene too?

OOC: I will let you have Seattle. I will also have Mex have Salem.
“Well,” Russell thought, “that happened.”
The General had ordered every unit headed for Salem to leave for Victoria.
An NCO ran up to Russell and said, “We’ve secured all the major buildings, sir.”
Russell said, “Excellent. I will get to you later. I want to see the Tretridian flag raised over Victoria.”

How about this?
((Black is a disputed zone, by the way. Laws would be complicated there, but we could make do.))

I’m honestly fine with it.

“I think that disputed zone should be further split into Mexregionan, Tretridian, and Atlaesian occupation zones.”
[hr]
Russell watched as the Tretridian flag rose up the flagpole in the government building. They had taken the city of Victoria without incident.
Portland, however, was filled with rebels. Russell gave his orders.
“We need to move within 100 km, and air support will knock out strategic targets. Once we disrupt their fighting capacity, we will move in.”

Will this suffice?
As you can see, I gave Tretrid Proper a chance to expand farther into the mainland in the future, as to allow further roleplay when wanted. Now the nation has a better chance of becoming a Pax-like empire. https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592189.9467-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

I see your map and raise you mine!

Mex gets southern Eugene, Tretrid gets northern Seattle, and I get eastern Portland.

To compensate, Tretrid will get more of the disputed territory.

[RETCONNED]

^I’m fine with this. There are many roleplay possibilities that come into play with split-nationality cities.

— Begin quote from ____

“No. Our claim included all of Portland, you imperialists.”

— End quote

There was no claim. We’re deciding on it.

Either way, this whole thing will have to be sorted out eventually.

^Agreed. How about we conquer it first, then split it up?

— Begin quote from ____

^Agreed. How about we conquer it first, then split it up?

— End quote

That would be a good idea…
How about we restructure the roleplay into a joint operation and then go from there? We could have a fresh start.

OOC: Couldn’t we have made an OOC thread for this? I’m getting confused over whether the discussion is IC or OOC.

IC:
Kyle Johnson had received a dispatch from Mexregiona. Apparently Bartholomew Smith was returning from Dropdatderp, and they would conquer, then split. It sounded good to him.

((OOC: We could’ve, but it seems as if it is a little late for that. I could make a new topic for the new storyline.))

The conquest was supposed to be a joint operation, and the boats that reached Portland were still bombarding it. Troops were starting to wade into the beaches of Cascade.

The 4th Army marched on and on.

OOC: I still demand all of Portland.
“So this is Portland.”
Russell was disappointed. It was even worse than Victoria, and that wasn’t because of those Atlaesians bombarding the city.
“Head forwards into the roads. Prevent resistance from rising. Give them a taste of Tretridian democracy. They will look back on their dictatorship with disgust.”
He knew it was not easy. But it had to be done.