The Dawn of a New Day

On September 1, 2023, at 7:52AM, the First Crowned Princess Adriana Mula is awakened by the pivotal and life changing phone call of her life. At the other end of the phone is Aiko Tanaka, the Keeper of the Temple (or as we know it, the Speaker of the House) and he calls bearing good news. Adriana’s presence has been requested by the Royal Counsel. Accompanied by her siblings Alexandria and Ancil, they make their way to the Ever Lotus (the main counsel hall). Once all pleasantries and introductions have been made, the official meeting can proceed.

“On behalf of the Royal Counsel, the citizens of Midori-Iro and the 17 Islands, I Aiko Tanaka officially bring the vote for the First Crowned Princess Adriana Mula’s Coronation underway.”

Stunned and surprised, Adriana and her siblings watch and listen as each representative gives their official vote. Clutching her hands and holding back tears, she listens attentively all the while containing her excitement. Her siblings on either side of her hold her hands and give her a reassuring smile. Twenty-seven minutes later and a unanimous vote later, Adriana is officially named the 1st Crowned Princess Lily of the Valley Adriana Mula (Lily of the Valley of the is the title given to the First Crowned Princess after the official coronation vote but before the official coronation ceremony. Think of it as the official place holder for queen). Only held up by the strength of her siblings, the three of them stand and face the delegation of officials.

Steeled by the aura of her siblings, Adriana stands at attention as the hall awaits her response.

“I am most honored to express my deepest gratitude for the incredible honor of being offered the role of the Lily of the Valley. It is with great joy and humility that I accept this esteemed position, and I am profoundly excited about the opportunity to serve and lead with dedication, grace, and integrity.

I am acutely aware of the responsibilities that come with the title of the Lily of the Valley, and I am committed to upholding the values and traditions that have been cherished by those who have come before me. I embrace the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, and I am confident that, with the support of my advisors and the unwavering loyalty of the people, I will fulfill my duties with the utmost diligence.

I am inspired by the rich history and culture of our kingdom, and I pledge to work tirelessly to ensure its prosperity, unity, and well-being. I will endeavor to represent the interests of the realm with wisdom, compassion, and fairness, always striving to be a source of inspiration and strength for our citizens.

I would like to express my gratitude to the selection committee for their trust in me, and I look forward to collaborating closely with them and other key stakeholders to lead our kingdom to new heights. I am also thankful for the support of my family, friends, and mentors, whose guidance has shaped me into the person I am today.

As I embark on this incredible journey, I am excited to learn, grow, and contribute to the legacy of our kingdom. Together, with the collective efforts of the Royal Counsel and the citizens, I am confident that we can build a future that is marked by prosperity, justice, and harmony.

Thank you once again for this extraordinary opportunity. I am honored to accept the role of Lily of the Valley and am eager to dedicate myself wholeheartedly to the service of our beloved kingdom.”

Stunned by her grace and elegance, the counsel sits in tearful silence. Not long after, the counsel hall bursts into the national chant, “The Lotus Envelopes Us All!” Three times it was sung three times it was heard.

Such patriotism hasn’t been felt since the death of His Highness Adrian Mula and his beloved first born was about to change that for the better.

After the proverbial dust had settled, the date of her coronation was selected. The 5th of January, 12:58, 2024. All to honor their late and great grandmother Queen Mother Seraphina.

With the date fast approaching and her counsel and citizens wholeheartedly supporting the royal family, The Allied States of The Isles of Midori-Iro, are truly in for a dawn of a new day…