The fall of an empire

June 5th, 1898, Kalograd Royal Palace, 9:34 AM

At the royal palace in Kalograd the Emperor of Raktussia Alec Spritov the 2nd stands in front of a window door leading outside to the city centre, with his cabinet advisors behind him in silence until one had the courage to finally speak up.
“We are defeated sire.”
One of the men in sharply dressed green military uniforms spoke up, his other colleagues looked to him for a moment with a look of concern and then back to the king whom couldn’t even face them, as he simply stared out into the open world.
“For twenty years this has gone on, we’ve followed you in hopes of preserving the empire.”
Another spoke up encouraged by the first, however even speaking he took a gulp of fear, however unfounded they were, these men were fearful of losing their positions and status in the crumbling Raktussian empire, however crumbling an empire may be status was status and status meant power.
“The Urulticans, they’re -approaching- Sitrograd, they can even hear the roar of their cannons in the Sitro city centre.”
Their situation was hopeless and the generals knew it, they couldn’t win a twenty year gruelling war on three different rebelling fronts, their war of the various Raktussian independence wars were likely their last in their professional careers, their hope now was to simply make their emperor realise it was hopeless to continue on.

Alec took one single deep breath in and sighed out turning around to sit down near the planning table looking helpless and defeated as he brought his palm to the bridge of his nose to squeeze it, his generals and advisors looked to each other and then to him still with their concerned expressions.
“And what would they want of me, their former emperor?” 
The emperor simply asked without even looking to any of his generals, as he instead preferred to look toward a map of the former glorious borders of the large and massive Raktussian empire that spread across the continent of Novaris.
“Capitulate, they coalition of independent Raktussian nations have set out carved out borders up to Carolonsk, it is a fine deal and bargain for the situation we face my sire.”
Before their inevitable defeat a suggestion like such would’ve warranted exile, a seizure of property and titles and in some rare cases even execution, however the expression on the emperor’s face said it all as he knew there’d be no point, the generals were merely informing him on the obvious and the inevitable at this point, they knew it and now he knew it, the glory days that constituted Raktussia as a great empire would be over.
“Make the necessary arrangements, inform the people the war is over, it’s what they want after all…”
He said simply as he got up from his chair and simply walked out of the room without another word heading to his quarters, the generals looked to each other stunned by what just happened, it took a short while for the generals to actually move as none of them knew what to even do.
However eventually they got to work making the arrangements to order a ceasefire and begin immediate preparations for a treaty to dictate the terms of imperial Raktussian defeat against the coalition of independent Raktussian nations.

June 6th, 1898 Dalo front, 2:33 PM

“My friends my friends!”
A private running through the trench system kept shouting at his fellow soldiers holding a newspaper in the air, his fellow soldiers were looking to him with perplexed faces some deciding to follow him and some deciding to simply maintain their positions for now.
“It is done! Our independence secure! Our freedoms enshrined! Our people and state will be proclaimed!”
The soldiers looked to each other some beginning to smile and become excited and some with still confused faces not understanding what exactly was going on or what he was rambling about, did he mean peace was coming?
“What are you on about private? What is the meaning of this?”
An officer said coming through the short crowd of soldiers that have gathered up addressing the private directly with a slight frown for the disturbance that had occurred.
“Oh sir!” The private said saluting the officer before standing at ease as he held the news paper in his hands to show. “I was the first to get the newspaper from the delivery! Our struggle is no more! The imperials have capitulated! A ceasefire is coming! We’re becoming free men!”
As he said this more newspapers were coming through the trenches being passed along by the men whom began to cheer and one was handed to the officer whom read the headline as quickly as he could, ‘IMPERIAL THRONE CAPITULATES! CEASEFIRE DECLARED!’ the headline stated and soon even the officer couldn’t contain his visible look of excitement, this twenty year war of independence was finally over.

Sunday, October 4th, 2020
Unknown Northeast Region of Raktussia

Ten wooden vessels, also known as Panokseons, were floating in the sea of north Novaris between Carung and Raktussia. The vessel in the very front carried Yak-Eun, a Carungite delegate excited to bring news of a possible friendship between the two nations. Yak-Eun stood at the bow of the ship watching the calm ocean, as it seemed to be conveying the serenity of the relationship between the two nations. He beckoned one of his guard to come close to him and said, “Here’s some Yak-Gwa(A sticky cracker made out of barley malt). Enjoy it while you watch the scenic view.”

However, the good lasted not so long. Clouds began to form above those in the vessels, and, all of a sudden, a downpour shocked them as they retreated into their berths. The guards, however, were unfortunate enough to stand outside to make sure those retreating to their berths were safely heading back. Waves shook the ships to the point of tipping one of them over and causing casualties. The wind blew strongly as well, and the Carungites could only hope for a safe landing, wherever it may be.

A few hours later, the clouds disappeared and the sun shone brightly again, as the waves calmed and the ships have finally landed in an unknown shore full of rough pebbles. A woman darted out of one of the ships saying, “Ah, I couldn’t urinate for many hours. I need to urinate!”. She ran over to the left behind the bushes and went about on her business. A man walked out after her wailing, “I’ve already peed my pants!”.

Finally, in the main vessel consisting of Yak-Eun, after the guards checked for safety of disembarking, they told Yak-Eun to get off the board. He checked if the letter that needed to be sent to the head of Raktussia was secure. (In this post, I’ve indicated the leader of Raktussia as the head, since the Carungites do not know the political circumstances of Raktussia.) It was secure.

The woman behind the bushes made a sigh of relief, as she was able to gush out her urine in time; however, she quickly covered her front of the bottom as some foreign guards approached her.

“Eek! Can’t you see I’m on my business???”, she said.

“Ma’am, public urination is prohibited in this region. Please pull up your pants and go to a nearby bathroom, which is about twenty-five kilometers away.”, the guards replied. (Whether public urination is prohibited in Raktussia or not, it was an excuse for them to approach her for some odd(?) reason.)

Ysk-Eun, his guards, and the rest of the people accompanying him saw the foreign guards and approached them, even though the woman had to remain squatted, because she was urinating. “Will you tell us where we are as of now, officers?”, Yak-Eun approached them.

“You all are currently in the northeast region of Raktussia, around…I think, three hundred kilometers away from Kalograd, our capital city.”, one of the officers replied.

Yak-Eun replied, “We are planning to meet the head of Raktussia. What is the fastest way to travel to Kalograd?”

One of the officers replied, “We will guide you to the nearest train station.”

Yak-Eun replied gratefully, but the woman finished urinating and interfered, “I need to stand up and pull up my pants. Will you all turn your heads away?”

They all replied as though they’ve synchronized them, “Sure.”, and turned away their heads, as the woman stood up and pulled up her britches.