The great wall of mexregiona

There has been serious debate in Dropdatderp about the security of the nation after the Hegemon Rocket Event, which was started by the government and ended up killing a great deal of innocent civilians.
“We must do something,” says war enthusiast Hulk Morgan, “I don’t know what or how, but we need to stop something like this from happening again.”
“This event was started by the government, so they should be the ones to pay!” objects anarchist Julius Deez. “Governments have always been corrupt and terrible to the economy, and always manage to bring about the downfall of the people. Also, they- wait, what’d you say? The original government was replaced with a new and more modern one? Well, uh, the new government still needs to pay for their past deeds, as, if they didn’t barge into the scene, this thing would never have happened. They should be held accountable.” Julius lost all the audience she had built up right then and there. At least she wasn’t thrown in a maximum security jail on the Island of Platelet.
“I say, I agree with Morgan over here, but I actually have an idea rather than a recommendation. I say we build a wall.” For some reason, everybody became really interested in what Captain Gerold Rilzes was going to be saying after that. “If we build a wall, we can keep invaders out, and people in. Then again, it wouldn’t be a wall with no entrance and exit, it would just be a huge construct that would hinder the movements of foreign troops yet let Mexregionans move in and out.”
TO BE CONTINUED

Reasons to vote FOR the Great Wall of Mexregiona:

1. It’ll look cool.
  2. It will make RPing more interesting.
  3. It’ll provide security to Mexregiona and prevent regional invaders from taking over.
  4. It’ll boost the economies of certain countries.
  5. Because I said so.

Following a very slight majority that voted FOR the Great Wall of Mexregiona, the government, now kind of with international approval, is planning to build the wall along the Arch Archipelago, the western spine of the country. The structure will be built out of mud bricks and stone, making the wall very sturdy and hard to get through. However, there will be points in the wall where it is quite simple to get a boat or other trading vessel to get through.