The Ifirate Brothers

— Begin quote from ____

PRELUDES AND INFORMATION

Lenski Sarinn prelude:

Koeman and Nickolay Ifirate prelude:

Ethalria Will Never Rise Again - Page 2 - The East Pacific - Tapatalk invited, this is a private RP. Happy reading.

— End quote

[hr]

1996 - 1997

Koeman was at the helm of the Kommando operation into Salovia under special orders from Delores Sofura herself. It was during the Salovian Civil War, and Sofura highlighted several men that Koeman and his Kommando’s needed to kill to further Sofura’s alliance with Victor Victrovavich. Sofura preferred the image of a united Salovia at the end of the civil war despite the many thousands of deaths rather than a fractured landscape of weaker states. For Sofura, Salovia was a valuable ally, and one of the stronger emerging sides was Victor.

Koeman and his Kommandos had found Intel on a house where a suspected Victor Victrovavich whistle-blower lived. They had beforehand acquired some additional information; this house had a secret entrance that became a tunnel.

Once they were all inside, and fully night-visioned up, they slowly made their way through the crawlspace. It was cramped but they eventually made it to the other side with Nickolay slowly opening the hatch. He made sure it was clear before the rest of his comrades flooded the basement. If it weren’t for the night-vision goggles, one of them would have knocked into the vast array of fine china that was neatly stacked and most surely would have woken up those upstairs.

They made their way up the stairs and again, Nickolay who was at the front opened the door that led into the entire downstairs. It was a very open space, and fortunately for everyone, their man was laid asleep on a sofa. They need not to search every room in the house. It’d be easy.

One of their men took up a large container in the kitchen and filled it with water. He came over to the group who were around the man and they woke him up in the worse fashion.

Starting off, Nickolay and Koeman both pulled on the sofa and flipped it on its back, with their target rolling onto the floor. Then the Kommando threw the freezing cold water over his face, startling him. He woke up confused and disorientated, then realising the true extent of his misfortune.

He took it kindly. He daren’t move as he had several M14’s pointed at his face, rather he just laid there and stared at Koeman who he assumed was the leader considering the unique badge he had on his shoulder.

“You’re a traitor and a spy.” Koeman called.

The man was fortunate enough to be a fluent speaker of Ethalrian.

“No, I am not.”

“Are you Alireza?”

“Yes.”

Nickolay who was remaining silent spat on Alireza’s shirt.

“So you are the one we are after, what a waste of conversation this is turning out to be,” he paused and made a hand gesture, to which all those with guns tensed as if they were about to fire.

“No no wait, I’m not the guy-” he grunted realising his mistake. “I mean I… Forget it. Kill me then.”

“Tell me the real whistle-blower and I shall let you free.”

With some hesitation, Alireza agreed to share the name but only after he got reassurance.

“I’d like to smoke first, at least if you kill me after I’ll die with the taste of tobacco on my lips.”

Koeman gave him one of his cigars and threw him his lighter. The man took his time, something Nickolay grew furious about.

“Now tell us or I’ll shoot you!” Nickolay enforced.

“Alright, as promised. Karl Langata.”
Koeman let the man live. He walked out as did all of the other men apart from Nickolay. Alireza and Nickolay stared at each other for a brief moment before anything was said.

“What?” Alireza joked comically.

“Fuck off.” Nickolay pulled out a pistol fastened to his hip and shot him in the dead centre between his eyes.

Away from Nickolay, the men who were in the tunnel heard the shot. It meant nothing to them. If anything at least there was nobody to let Karl know they were coming. Koeman wanted that.

[hr]

The next raid would change Koeman’s mentality forever.

After kicking down the only door into the the residence of the man Alizera was talking about, who after talking on a classified frequency to an Ethalrian operator back home was highlighted as one of Stevan Skirvilov’s wing-men, Koeman brutally interrogated him to find out the whereabouts of the aforementioned. This man only gave his first name away, which they already knew as Karl, and was not going to give up any information. Despite having the upper hand, the man slipped away and jumped off his balcony to ensure the next man Koeman hunted was more fortunate. Bitterly angered that he was made to look a fool in front of not only his Kommandos but his own brother Nickolay, Koeman ordered the house to be searched and then torched. What they found was of some use; an address but with no hint of who lived there apart from a few monetary figures that looked rather out of the odd. Nickolay had made it into a master bedroom and at the back was a room that was locked. He tried to open it, which turned into him trying to ram it but it did not budge. He called over his brother from the other room and the two lifted and tilted a massive grandfather clock on its side and used it as a battering ram. When it hit the door it plunged through and got stuck. That was when they heard it, frightened screams behind. It sounded like both an older woman and two or three children, they couldn’t make out. Koeman told Nickolay that they were done here and the two as well as their team of Kommandos downstairs left the building. What they were doing downstairs was pouring a canister of petroleum over the floor and ornaments. Outside, Koeman lit and smoked a cigar until all was left was the tuck end, flicking it through an open window to which he could immediately feel the heat from within. He retreated to their vehicle that was tucked away across the yard and the dozen Kommandos watched as the house was engulfed in a blaze in less than five minutes.

[hr]

Koeman had reported back to base that he had not found anything besides an address. After being told from the receiving end that the address belonged to a notorious black-market dealer Koeman was disappointed. With no other links or breadcrumb trails to run on, the operator who was also his superior told him to return to Ethalria with his company, and so he did. At least, he was going to until a last minute change of heart. The rest of his company boarded the arranged plane and didn’t notice he was gone until they landed back in Rorikton.

[hr]

Puzzled and constantly thinking, Koeman, who was alone, was determined to figure out what was on the other side of the piece of paper he was holding. It was the same paper that had the address with random large numerical figures on, and the address read Stokh House. There was three Stokh Houses’ in Salovia- but only one that had the same second address line; Astrakhova. Fortunately for his sake it was only thirty miles away. Koeman set off by car, one he took from Alizera’s garage.

He reached a house that read the same address. Wearing a balaclava, he snuck through the front door- a door made of refined marble. It made him think, how much money does this man have?

The best time for raids were in the dead of night. He made his way through the property with his modified M14. He opened a room and did not stumble across a man but instead a vault door. Absolutely baffled by his discovery and knowing he wasn’t able to open it himself, he set off to hunt the house for the owner.

Once he found him, a man in his late 70s, he dragged him out of his bed down the marbled spiraling staircase. The man was fortunate to own such a grand property in the middle of nowhere but unfortunate now that nobody could be there to save him from whatever this barbaric home-invader was about to do. The older man realised where he was dragging him to and clawed out but to no avail. Koeman had monstrously large hands and an even more powerful grip and there was nothing the weaker old man could do.

Frightened by death, even as a black market seller of some sort, he agreed to open up the vault. As Koeman was investigating its astounding wealth, which consisted of chests of gold and racks of gold bars, he realised that there was no way the man accumulated it by himself. He demanded to know where he made his money from.

Koeman threatened to hit the old man with his gun if he didn’t tell him, and so as Koeman predicted the man sure did.

“Uhh uh oh from the er uh uranium from er um Sodenz.”

The words were enough for Koeman to shoot him dead in his rage, over a dozen times. Anger flooded his veins as it reminded him of a time once gone, where he lost everything.

[hr]

Over the next week, he arranged for his ‘luggage’ which consisted of wedding gazebos and other large outdoor furniture to be shipped to his ‘to be mother-in-laws’ address in Ethalria. He had individually wrapped and then put the gold ingots in massive briefcases and other large bags and had them delivered by truck to his own address. Under the false name Erico Manduper, using outdated paperwork of what appeared to be the old man’s son in the old man’s draw, Koeman made it out of Salovia completely unscathed, with a truckload of gold. He was laughing. But that wouldn’t last long.

May 1998

It had been a year since Nickolay had teamed up with his brother in the black operations in Salovia. The brothers as well as their comrades had been paid off and things were returning to usual. Nickolay had met a woman, as did his older brother Koeman, and they had, with their partners, settled down. Strangely, as soon as the two brothers were back on Ethalrian soil, Koeman went AWOL. He hardly saw much of his older brother in the year following, and Nickolay put it to both his love live and the new-found stress of parenting. He was now an uncle, his older brother having a baby boy called Khan. Apart from meeting with Koeman a couple of times in the local coffee shop, Nickolay never saw him. It perplexed him, but he made nothing of it; maybe he had simply moved on- he never even told him the reason for his desertification.

Another month went by and Nickolay was called in for service. It was his first operation both without his brother to lead and whereby Nickolay was in charge. It was also Nickolay’s first covert operation on home turf. Nickolay was excited but conflict and violence never amused him. It was a deed he had to fulfill like a contract or a job.

Nickolay was suited and booted in his military gear and was walking with a stride through Muckadoza Base thirty miles southeast of Rorikton. He made his way inside, out of the cold air and into the long well maintained corridors that led to the office of his senior, the only man in the area that was one above him. As Nickolay pressed on the door to the office of Major Hansi Ruri, she immediately thwarted him even before he could see her.

“Nickolay I know it’s you. You’re off the team.”

Completely dismayed, Nickolay burst into the room to meet her immediately fiery and stern glare.

“What?! You’ve made me travel all this way from Woten for you to tell me I’m off the team?!” Nickolay was furious, but even more so was Hansi. She stood up and bellowed to the man as if he was a child being scolded.

“How DARE you! How fucking DARE you disrespect your Major.” She slammed the hard-backed documents she was holding onto the table. “Get out of my room- in fact no! You are not welcome here.” She stormed over to Nickolay and ripped off the Ethalrian flag badge on his arm.

“You would not even comprehend as to why you are off the team,” she snapped. “It is for your own good. Dismissed!”

Nickolay left her office and left her door open in disgust- by the looks of things he had just been booted out of his squad and the army completely- and for speaking up? It was so unfair! He blamed it on her- everything was her fault. The once striding man was left with quivering choler as he kicked down the back doors on his way out. He was stared down fiercely by the tower guard as he walked through the lanes towards the bustling city of Muckadoza.

[hr]

He was furious, and when Nickolay returned to Woten from Muckadoza, a trip that took him days and days of driving, he took his anger out on his partner. An equally fierce woman to Ruri, she reprimanded him and kicked him out of her home with little more than a packed bag of essentials as punishment. Now with nowhere to go, he called his brother, to which Koeman invited him to coffee tomorrow evening at 7:30pm. Nickolay was disappointing he didn’t invite him to his own place, seeing as he hadn’t even been able to visit since Koeman moved house straight after the black operations last year. He knew where he lived but didn’t have the balls to rock up uninvited.

7:30pm came and when Koeman didn’t turn up, it concerned him, but he rest assured believing that he would eventually. But he was wrong, Koeman didn’t turn up for over half an hour and it made Nickolay angry. Finally finding anger even towards his best friend, Nickolay cursed as he stormed out of the cafe and began driving towards the unfamiliar address he knew his brother lived in.

When he got there Nickolay knew something was wrong. There was an unsettling breeze that lapped around his small fringe and which blew magazines across the street. It was unusual in this end of Woten, especially considering it was a notoriously well kept and tidy pocket of the city. It dawned on Nickolay that the street was void of life- these things all unnerved him and when he turned the corner to the house he knew was his brothers his resentment immediately turned to fear. He was immediately fearful for his brother despite knowing how well he could stick up a fight. His partner was laying on the floor and the door kicked in as if someone had broken in. Nickolay sprinted towards the door and when he got closer he came to a still. She was dead, but not for very long at all, the stab wound in her neck was still spitting out blood and after a very quick temperature gauge he knew it was perhaps not even a minute ago that she was left there. Nickolay entered a new state of mind- one he entered only on his raids in Salovia. Still wearing his military uniform from earlier he retained his 9mm semiautomatic pistol and clutched it tightly in one hand with the other placed on his sheathed knife as he entered the unknown.

Nickolay could see that there had been a struggle. He was very cautious to make no noise, stepping over broken glass and cartridges of machine gun bullets that had been fired at close range but not hit a target. This made Nickolay sweat profusely- knowing that the killer or killers that were upstairs were armed to the teeth. As he went room to room downstairs, he was slightly taken back by how expensive some of the artwork and furniture pieces were- somehow Koeman had made a small fortune. Nickolay’s attention returned to the mission at hand as he heard several creaking floorboards upstairs. Unfamiliar with the layout, Nickolay turned a corner and almost butted heads with another man who was guarding the stairs. This part of the house was dim lit and he could not properly make out his face, but the man was hostile and the two broke out in a wrestle, both unable to aim at one another due to being too close. The man struggled against Nickolay reaching for his knife and signaled surrender when he raised it against him but Nickolay was enraged, thrusting it deep into his neck. He was taken back by what he saw, the man was wearing the same special operations uniform as him. What was worse was that when he turned on the light it was a friend. Someone who he went to Salovia with in the raids, a man he had been alongside in service since day one. Confused more than ever and with the feeling of betrayal pulsating through his veins he pushed on upstairs.

Very cautiously he poked his head around the corner at the top of the stairs. A bullet penetrated the corner millimeters from his face which stunned him. He was pinned down on the stairs until the person firing at him walked around the corner to check if they had hit the target- thinking whoever it was were dead. Seeing his opportunity Nickolay pounced and shot the person in the chest. Wincing in emotional agony as he realised he was killing his own comrades he strode for the door at the end of the corridor that had been caved in and shot at a dozen dozen times. He breathed in and walked in, gun in hand. The immediate feeling of pure flowing hatred befell him.

“Hansi Ruri.” Nickolay shouted. Hansi, who was accompanied by three other women all from his company, quickly turned around. Behind them, battered and bloodied on the bed laid a conscious Koeman. The three women were in a tricky situation- they had just kicked the living daylights out of a man they knew very well- Koeman, but on their seniors orders, and to which now they were accompanied in the same room by that mans brother who now wanted revenge.

“This is why I didn’t want you here Nickolay.” The blonde leader pointed her gun at Koeman’s head to which Nickolay screamed and shot at her shoulder. Ruri wailed in pain and screamed at the top of her lungs.

“KILL HIM!”

Fearing for their lives both from the wrath of Nickolay and Hansi, the three women fired their handguns at the former, but he won. With inhuman precision Nickolay shot and toppled the three opponents, leaving only Hansi. He lusted for revenge and threw the gun on the floor, running at her with his already bloodied blade but she dodged him and using martial arts disarmed him. Being without her gun and him without his weapons, they lunged at each other. Being the physically stronger, Nickolay began to win, but she came back with unrivaled strength. She smacked his jaw with her boot and he had a harsh pounding to the floor. She picked up her handgun and aimed it at him.

“This wont hurt a bit.”

Hansi fired but the bullet went off course as she had been lunged on by Koeman who had somehow mustered strength from his impotence. He gave Nickolay enough time to get up and after picking up the blade she had before-hand disarmed him with he carved it straight into her heart. She spat up blood and stared at him with her death glare before slumping to inexistence. The pair, both battered but more so Koeman, sat on the floor for a few moments. Nickolay had questions he needed answers for.

“Why are you the one they wanted?”

Koeman sighed. “That day we left Salovia I stayed behind. I went after the address and found a wealthy black market trader. He had a safe full of gold…” Nickolay spat in his direction. “I took it all after I killed him. It seems Sofura found out.”

“Well after this, they are going to come back and this time kill you for good. Woten isn’t safe. This place isn’t safe.”

“I know brother. I was supposed to be leaving at the end of the week.”

“And so you weren’t going to tell me?!” Nickolay felt anger.

“I had no choice. They have been stalking me for some time. I knew that they had tapped in to the communications.”

“What are you going to do now?”

Koeman sat on that thought for a while. He reached over to the messy cupboard surface and took the packet of cigars. He found a lighter in his back pocket and lit it up.

“I don’t know. If they don’t get to me, they will hunt you down and kill you after torturing you for information on me,” he paused, inhaling and exhaling the tobacco. “I’m surprised they haven’t done so already. If you want to live, you come with me. I can get us out of this.”

“I trust you with my life, brother.”

After initially being hunted down by Sofura into exile, they found themselves safe in Nocturne, the Horn of Caltharus. The torment continued for years after in the forms of private letters and no caller ID phone calls that were from Sofura herself. The brothers moved three times in the decade after moving to Caltharus, each time a little deeper into the Morstaybishlian countryside. Living in the cities were great but they knew that Sofura had tapped into some of the cameras as she knew their every move. One day they were drinking coffee at a local shop and a woman gave them a letter that contained only one thing- Sofura’s Crest. Fearing that Sofura could kill them and that death would come in a spoonful of their own medicine some nights down the line, the brothers moved to a ranch in the steppes.

When Sofura died, the Ifirate’s thought that their torment had ended. But how wrong they were.

[hr]

3AM, 30 May 2009

Koeman was lavishly slumped on his rocking chair at the dead of night. The steppes saw barely anyone that lived there and so Koeman could easily pinpoint the constellations that lit the night sky. He smoked a Duck and Swan Cigar, a brand from the Kostorian-Obertonian Empire that made its mark even as far as Aurus and Nocturne. He relaxed, tasting the distinctness of the tobacco on his lips. For the last ten minutes he had been in and out of consciousness.

Koeman heard something sinister and quite unearthly. It was a raspy, drawn-out hissing sound and a sound he found familiar as if he had heard it before but never at night. Blinded by the darkness, Koeman tried to figure out what the noise was just from sitting still. Nothing came of it for several minutes until he was almost knocked off of his chair from a low flying buzzard. At least his mind was at rest.

But it some time past three in the morning. Buzzards around here never hunt at night with such scarcity of small rodents- they are always better off relying on their smell and sight during the day. Maybe something disturbed the nest. Koeman reached into the back of his truck for his 9mm and tiptoed into the darkness to figure out what had disturbed the nest.

Koeman was now several minutes from his range, the light of which was so far away and yet only just visible. He found no nest but a tiny tear of some clothing on the nearby bramble. Unfolding the tearing he shone his light on it.

Camouflage he thought. He heard some commotion the way he came and made a swift return. When he saw that two people were breaking into the ranch, he fired a shot in their direction.

[hr]

Nickolay jumped out of his skin. He was awoken by a gunshot outside. Thinking the gunshot was from an attack, he grabbed his age old favourite https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_P88 and sprinted through the ranch. He went into the living quarters and through the frosted glass door could see two shadows of men. The glass shattered all over the floor as they desperately tried to gain entry, and then it occurred to Nickolay that they weren’t the ones under fire, it must have been Koeman outside. Nickolay, seizing his valuable opportunity shot and killed the first man who was trying to climb through the broken door. He got return fire from the second man, but he was cornered. The aggressor was pinned down in a panhandle by Nickolay and Koeman. Quick to think, Nickolay threw something across the other side of the room that would spare a second to confuse the man, who shot at the moving object thinking it was Nickolay. Nickolay barrel-rolled around the corner and shot the man dead.

The next morning, after identifying the aggressors as Ethalrian Special Forces and dumping the bodies, Nickolay went back inside and put on the MBC. It flicked between reporters who were discussing Harimann’s first year. Subconsciously Nickolay was putting the pieces together but the revelation did not present itself to him that easily. It was only when the news changed to a reporter in Rivendale with a journalist filming Harimann’s speech that the layer of mist began to part. Nickolay locked eyes with Harimann’s through the screen and instantly knew that Harimann was looking not to the audience but to him. He knew Harimann had tried to kill them in the night.

[hr]

Two months later

Fearing more and more attacks, the Koeman invited Nickolay as a business partner to a project of his. The two established a company which would be illegal in Ethalria but was not in Morstaybishlia- branded “Ifirate Defence Services” Koeman had planned to raise a private army and lease out men as ‘security’ for VIP’s and other high profiles. He used his profits to grow the business and kept a small four man company of highly trained men around their joint ranch at all times. They feared Harimann, it was obvious.

[hr]

The Ifirate brothers had emerged back onto the scene. Up until the deposition of Harimann, the four man security around the ranch had fended off another two cunning attacks. In conjunction with the killing of Prince Thadeus, the two attacks were used as an excuse for a frustrated Walter Johannes to rally his allies to go to war with Ethalria. After the war ended and Ethalria partitioned, the Ifirate brothers had the chance to return home, and so they did, relocating to Thalria and taking their private army to the land whereby it was now legal.

Koeman and Nickolay joined the Ethalrian Front bandwagon. Inspired by Sarinn’s take on beer house lectures, they joined the political faction as members #4502 and #4503. Koeman immediately befriended Lenski Sarinn but Nickolay was not so fond. The two’s friendship grew and grew with all of the positives being thrown their direction. The party reached ten thousand members and with a new source of money from Lenski being injected in, their cause only grew. Through Lenski, Ifirate Defence Services grew and grew. Their reputation as tough security preceded them, now Ifirate Defence Services were security at all of Lenski Sarinn’s tours.