The International Sealab (2020 Revamp)

“Ohh, hello there,” she smiled and walked past him to the door. “It’s just down there, the door on the left side, second to the back,” she smiled again. “Sorry, what’s your name? Mine’s Matilda, and this is Alara!”

Alara turned around, having been enraptured with some of the equipment in the room. “Oh, yes, hello!” She clasped a hand on her chest and bowed slightly. “Goodness, all of this is just so overwhelming. And there’s so many people! Do you know, Maltilda, if there is supposed to be any sort of orientation or opening ceremony or anything?” She glanced over at the lab. “Otherwise, I have a few ideas with what I could do with some of this stuff.” She grinned.

Dr. Sarah Powell piloted her submersible, watching the Sealab come into view. She had been looking forward to this in a long time.

She was planning on a long-term study of the ecosystem at the bottom of the ocean, and had to apply for a grant from the Science Foundation of Oscrelia (SFO) to cover the costs of bringing her out to Sealab. While she had to wait 3 months and 2 days for the SFO to get around to processing that application (thanks bureaucracy!) they eventually accepted it.

She was still reeling from the dream she had the previous night. She was in the Sealab with a bunch of other people, and then a bunch of alarms sounded, and everybody rushed into submarines and evacuated the Sealab while a Celannican submarine slammed into the lab, destroying it. She had then woken up in a cold sweat.

Her submersible finally docked, and the airlock opened. She took a step in the Sealab. She walked down a short hallway and then took a right, and saw a bunch of people talking with each other. She walked towards them, hoping to introduce herself.

“Huh,” Matilda thought. “That’s a good question,” she thought. “I don’t know to be honest, who would we even ask?” she remarked.

“But yes… these equipment do look rather fancy…” she grinned. “What are you most excited for, Alara?”

“Ah, introductions.” Alexi said, trying to appear confident despite his situation. “I can do those.”

“I’m Alexi, An Engeneering Student from Wesnov, Nice to meet ya.”

Alexi was glad that these girls were so helpful, making useful friends was always a plus. He did wonder about induction, he signed in at reception but had already forgot where they told him to go. “Not a good sign” He thought to himself.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

“Oh! I’m so sorry for the scare!” He said with a playful smile with his hands up trying to show he meant no harm. “Nice to meet you all. I’m Damien. Damien Nakano. I’m from East Malaysia. Yeah I missed the main group due to a flight delay.”

“I’d really like to take some water samples and see what’s out there,” she said to answer Matilda’s question. “It’s dark out there, but you might be surprised just how much life is out there in that water.” She paused. Matilda was a scientist as well. "Or maybe you already know! But I’m excited for it regardless."Alara looked around at the crowd that had begun to form. “My name is Alara, by the way. I’m from Acronis.”

“Water samples sound interesting.” Alexi noted. “Marine Biology was never really in my skillset, but I’d like to see the equipment used to get samples.”

Alexi wondered how well he’d fit in here. Science and Engineering have always assisted in the other’s advancement, but he was unsure how well he’d be able to talk science outside of its equipment and practicality. Still, he enjoyed conversation, if he could keep up he’d assume he’d be fine talking with then.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk