The International Sealab

Tina smiled, “now that is what I’m talking about.”

Back in Tina’s quarters, a soft golden light shone around the shades of blue in her room. Quite alike the other rooms, Tina’s room was nothing remarkable in comparsion, with the exception of several contained specimens; one of which was an ornate holding tank holding a small creature that periodically broke from the darkness of a model size sea castle to attack the sides of the tank.

Familiar with these bursts of anger, Tina seemed to ignore the creature’s intermittent banging, a faint clinking as it pounded away in outrage at these intruders while she walked over to her room’s well stocked bar. Pouring a light drink, she handed both Sören and Elana glasses, while taking one herself. With an ease and grace, she slid into one of the comfortable chairs of her room’s “gallary” as she termed it; a small sitting area that was outcropped conveniently over a ledge so that it appeared as if the room was floating free from the building.

Tina smiled as she took a seat, looking out into the vast ocean around her, broken periodically by the glimmers of fish as their scales reflected the light of the sealab.

“I specifically requested this room for this gallary. It is my favorite place to be…the things you will see here,” she winked, again hinting at some secret that no one else quite knew yet at that moment, but would find out sure enough with their explorations.

“So how do you like your experience here so far? Is everything satisifactory?” she asked, concerned and friendly.

More concerned about the creature under the glass, Elana bent over and observed its behavior. “Fascinating… what is it? Why is it behaving in this manner?” She continued to observe it carefully, blinking her eyes as it clanked against the glass.

She suddenly turned around to Tina in order to engage in a conversation with her. “Oh, it’s been neat so far. Perfect for science! While I’ll be honest it does kind of get a little nerve wracking being underwater the entire time, it…” she bumped into her own chair as she caught it from falling, using a free hand to pick her glasses back up on her muzzle. “It’s really neat being exposed to one’s own experiment without having to worry about the Heisenberg principle coming into play!”

As Lt. Nevin crested the rise, he breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of the International Sealab.

Finding the undersea lab was admittedly a bit of a challenge. Private submersible craft were not in common aboard the Wachoviasa. It was rumored there were only one or two in working order though that was a closely guarded secret these days. So it was not often that any crew member other than a helmsman actually piloted a craft through the oceans.

Quite aware that early transmissions of his arrival may be inadequate, Nevin began the arranged light patterns that should alert station staff to his arrival.

After docking and the necessary pressure adjustments, Nevin stepped out of the airlock onto the station decking with a small bag. It felt a bit odd. He had been living at sea for quite some time, but this was somehow too stable.

Now… where in the world should he go next? Hopefully someone was available to acclimate him. He had a lot of learning to do about the region and the lab.

Mr B stomped across the seabed, something had attracted his attention some strange lights in the distance. As he crested the rise, eerie blue lights danced on the seabed, this warants more investigation but not now, it should be reported.

(OOC: I realize this post is old, am I permitted to post in it?)

I think I’m going to start it from scratch again, since we have a lot more new people here and the storyline kind of got a little confusing. Anyone can join the new one, of course!

EDIT: I suppose a mod can archive this or close it or something, since a new one’s coming up.