The Mukarras Speaker - News from Aldaar

Mukarras Speaker Banner

The following is a transcript. The original audio was aired live on February 5th, 2023. The reporter was investigative journalist Rajiiya Zaman. Please enjoy.

Zaman: Breaking news update today, as late last night the noise of a large explosion rocked the city of Mukarras. It seemed to come from a relatively underpopulated industrial area on the outskirts of town, from where plumes of smoke could be seen. I rushed to the scene to discover that some sort of explosive device had been detonated in the center of several abandoned warehouses. The explosion caused a minor panic, with some citizens worrying an invasion by Mirhaime was coming. However, the acting government under Kauda advisor Azniv Haviiz was quick to reassure civilians, although no explanation was provided for the explosion. Well, loyal viewers and listeners, early this morning the Mukarras Speaker received a memorandum from an anonymous whistleblower within the government, detailing what had happened. According to the whistleblower, the government had been testing new anti-tank technology capable of destroying even modern armored vehicles. During the testing, which took place at the abandoned oil warehouses that were the epicenter of the explosion, some oil drums that had gone unnoticed spilled and exacerbated the explosive testing, causing everything that happened last night. The acting government has neither confirmed nor denied this groundbreaking report, and has also not responded to the Timesā€™ request for comment. However, their official report showed zero casualties, and those warehouses were scheduled for demolition anyways.
ā€ƒā€ƒPerhaps more concerning, according to some local groups, is the implication of government weapons testing so close to the city. After all, it was only three months ago that the revolution succeeded in ousting Mirhaimeā€™s puppet regime - and while we always knew that they were likely to return in force, the escalated time frame may be cause to worry, especially with the Mutadiit nowhere to be found. But it is the official belief of this journalist that our government has succeeded against impossible odds once, and we can do so again. Even if it seems desperate, acting in desperationā€¦ well, thatā€™s the worst thing you can do in the desert. Instead, we must have hope, and do our best to ensure that we all may maintain our freedom. Iā€™ve been Rajiiya Zaman, and now, we go to the weather.

Mukarras Speaker Banner

The following is a transcript. The original audio was aired live on Zuhraan 56th, 2023. The reporter was investigative journalist Rajiiya Zaman. Please enjoy.

Zaman: Welcome back to the Mukarras Speaker, this time for this weekā€™s news in music. The Speaker has managed to secure an exclusive interview with the hottest band in Aldaar and our representatives at Urthvision XIX, Delta Rae, to talk about Urthvision, life, and their plans for an upcoming musical!? Today Iā€™m joined by Brittany, Eric, and Ian Hƶlljes, as well as Iliisabit Kalhob. How are you all doing?
Delta Rae: Good.
Ian: Great, even. It feels so amazing to be representing our adopted nation at Urthvision.
Zaman: Are any of your Norgsveltian friends or family upset, or anything like that?
Eric: No, not at all!
Brittany: If they were, I donā€™t really think they would be our friends. Aldaar is where we were born and raised, which is something I think they understand.
Zaman: So, tell me, whatā€™s the story behind ā€œRunā€?
Brittany: Well, Ian wrote it and brought it to the group in the leadup to the release of Chasing Twisters in 2013. And fundamentally, itā€™s about freedom, right? Itā€™s about wanting to just leave everything behind, to be a different person with no attachments.
Ian: Itā€™sā€¦ You know, Iā€™ve always been a very, sort of ambitious and focused person, and I think this song is an expression of the idea that that can be a burdensome thing to be; like to always be focused on a goal and wanting something so intensely and this is a song about those moments when you just want to forget about it and take off and run.
Zaman: So, this song was produced while Aldaar was still under Mirhaimian occupation and your label was a subsidiary of WEGEC. How do you think that influenced the development of ā€œRunā€?
Kalhob: Well, when Ian came to us with this, it was really driven by the instrumental lickā€¦ as he started polishing it up, he came up with a throughline, a sort of story, and it turned into sort of a love song as well, right? And Iā€™ve seen it suggested that it was due to pressure to make a more conventional songā€¦ Iā€™m not saying that pressure wasnā€™t there, but it did feel like it developed naturally, that this was the direction it was always going.
Zaman: Because whatā€™s the point of being free without anyone to share in that freedom?
Ian: Exactly.
Zaman: So, any special plans for Urthvision?
Brittany: I suppose youā€™ll just have to wait and see.
Zaman: Do you think youā€™ll win?
Eric: ā€¦There are a lot of great artists this year, butā€¦ you just have to hope that people see the amount of effort we put into our career, the blood, sweat, and tears. Weā€™ve always tried to appeal to those instincts that we think all people have, and ā€œRunā€ really talks about freedom, and love, and all with melodies that I think are pretty catchy. I donā€™t know. Whatever happens, itā€™ll still be a great experience, and thatā€™s what matters.
Zaman: Alright, well, thank you all! Weā€™re unfortunately out of time, so Iā€™ll look forward to seeing you on stage!
Delta Rae: Thanks!

1 Like