The Skies be Full of

((OOC: http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_East_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=6630))

Orbit, directly above Vekaiyu

“Have we tapped into the Vekaiyun media waves, Nerv?” Commodore Erasi asked. The palm of her hand was pressed into her thin cheekbone, as anxious waiting had turned into a grueling attempt at contacting ground commands. Needless to say, plans were not going as swimmingly as once thought possible. After all, merely landing and wrecking havoc on land was pointless - negotiations could be less bloody, and possibly get her what she wanted while still maintaining the integrity of her “army”.

Finally, the screen flicked on.

“What the hell is this?” a disgruntled McEva said as she focused in on a camera. “I was not aware of such a thing existing! Why didn’t we use this sooner?”

Commodore Erasi sat straight up, then slouched a little. After all, one mustn’t appear too anxious. “Ah, Selvala, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“You will address me as Premiere McEva and nothing more, or you will face a demotion. Where’s that inept Kral Commodore of mine? Why Leyuski wrote in her as a successor I’ll never understand - I should demote her while I’m at it!”

“Shut up!” Erasi barked.

“How dare-”

“I said shut up! I give the orders now! You worthless piece of garbage!” She paused, admiring the short bout of silence. “Now that I have your attention, you have twenty-four hours to surrender the nation of Vekaiyu to me, as well as any currently occupied territories the nation holds. I also want surrounding nations, but we’ll negotiate that later. Do this, and I’ll let you live.”

“I don’t know who you think you are,” Selvala hissed, “but you will be thrown into the lowest level of the Sanakun for this. Where are you speaking from, ingrate?”

“I’m aboard The Inured, personal battleship of To- I mean, my personal battleship! One of five currently under my command.”

Suddenly, Selvala seemed to grasp the situation. “I have heard of these space battleships, but assumed they were scrapped.” She paused. “We’ll just shoot you out of the sky. You will be removed immedia-”

“Do you really want to chance it, Selvala, with the type of shields we have on these things? I dare you. Give me all you got.”

Selvala laughed. “You have ships, but a crew that the smallest Vekaiyun division would dwarf! So please, spare me, ex-commodore, land your… fleet, and I’ll see to it you have a quick and painless death for your atrocities.”

She smiled. “I have half a million soldiers aboard this fleet. They’re robotic too, stronger than whatever pathetic troops you could muster.”

“We’ll just make sure you land in water, then, just so they all short-circuit like your storybook lies. You will not be given ground clearance.”

“Then let me clear a landing site! And polymeric composite skin! Gosh, do you think I’m that dense? Or rather, Leyuski is that dense?”

“Leyuski was gunned down in battle - cease this insane babble!”

“Prior to his death you moron! Listen here! You have twenty-four hours to surrender the Vekaiyun nation, not a minute soon! If you should refuse, I’ll march half a million troops on your ass and on the asses of all the world leaders too! And these aren’t five hundred thousand ordinary flesh-and-blood troops - strength of twenty men, reflexes of a winding river, and accuracy like the rays of sunlight appearing over the horizon! You do not stand a chance. No one stands a chance.” She smiled. “Twenty four hours, or we all fall down!”

Vekaiyu Pleads to the World
Reporting from the V3 Network in Vekaiyu, Ankya Ilusi

ELDURA - Prime Minister Kivo Evesuni addressed questions raised at the alarming presence of five orbiting craft above the nation today, but immediately moved to address leaders of the world moments later, delivering a grim message.

“As a member of the realm, I can no longer hold onto the ties which restrict me by my race alone. Today, we are all citizens of the realm, and should treat each other as such. Ever since the day Leyuski was killed, I realized my duty - to cease the pain and damages caused by the pangs of war. While my Listonia is a shell of its former self, I have truly lived my life as a man without country, and even in this position, still see myself as a nationless boy.”

“Ships carrying half of one million robotic troops await at our doorstep, hovering roughly fifteen miles above us. As unbelievable as that seems, the rumors and speculations are indeed true. We are unaware of how advanced such soldiers are, though we do know their transports are heavily shielded, so rumors of having the capacity to shoot down such vessels should be removed from the table. I instead ask, plead with the world, that a stand is needed. If Vekaiyu falls, they will have a powerful land base, and other nations will fall too. While it may seem hard to believe, trust me, such attacks can start like wildfire, and often do end up scorching the entire field.”

“We need your help. Our Kral Commodore Levinile will be able to coordinate any plans for an attack. We are currently unaware of their planned rendezvous point, but we are speculating it will take place in an open field, perhaps even to the east of Vekaiyu, in Sevropia, where Listonia’s old borders once were. This is, of course, only speculation, but such massive ships require large amounts of flat land, and the lands between Vekaiyu and Sevropia are known for their lack of slope. Thank you for your time.”

© 2010 V3 news services