The Userite Myth

The Userite Myth

Countless theorists, politicians and activists have told us that the ultimate delineation of nations within this realm can be categorized within two broad but distinct frameworks: feederite and userite. Further demarcation and nomenclature have adjusted these overarching archetypes with terms such as defender or invader, or most recently, independent and imperialist, but the concept remains the same. Some have sought to provoke these portrayals into coherent political agendas and philosophies, to greater and lesser success. Proper thought or manifesto aside, these have been nothing more than platitudes created to either uphold or break down the status quo. Many have been structured around specific groups or regions, giving credit to individuals for feats that, while monumental, were nothing more than the perpetuation of an erroneous mindset. The reason that such theoretical conflicts between these separate mentalities have occurred historically is that the underlying mythos has created cognitive dissonance within the collective gestalt of our nations.

It is time for a paradigm shift. The myth that has been perpetuated since antiquity within this realm is based upon an incorrect understanding of the individual nation’s position within the overall structure. All nations are created equivalently and arise within those regions specified as “feeders” upon their initial foundation. There are no exceptions to this fundamental fact. If a nation ceases to exist and is resurrected, it then arrives in one of the regions designated as “sinker” but this is not an instance of foundation, it is an instance of rebirth, and therefore provides a separate and secondary dynamic. Therefore, all nations, at some point, even those created specifically for the purpose of departure from the region of its birth, are feederite. At the most basic level of classification, all nations, regardless of size, age or location, have been and always will be, to some extent, the product of a feeder mentality. There is no such thing as a pure userite nation. It is a matter of self-delusion for any nation to deny its heritage as a child of the feeders.

Therefore, it is necessary to define the feederite diaspora. Since it is a given then that not every nation left the feeders voluntarily, or that every nation, though equivalent in creation, has sought equivalence in action and position, there are some levels of differentiation to be clarified. First, those nations of the so-called enforced diaspora, who met the lords of the Rejected Realms against their will, have a certain predisposition against the idea of feederite rehabilitation. While it is certainly correct to state that some instances of forced relocation are without merit, it is equally true to state the converse. Consequently, the separation of these two dejected parties is insubstantial when measured against the totality of the diaspora as a whole. All nations that have been removed via ejection from a feeder by a Delegate, regardless of circumstance, are part of the enforced diaspora. And yet, they are still feederite at their core.

Likewise, those nations that have been disillusioned with the government that they encountered upon creation or mislead by the barrage of invitations that they receive upon conception are also feederite in origin. Disillusionment stems from a lack of understanding while the misleading of nations by those that have already gone into the diaspora before also evolves from this same misperception. These nations, which have left of their own volition, are part of the coerced diaspora. Often, those of the coerced have been prompted to action by the enforced. The enforced prey upon the coerced to the detriment of the whole. Through this cyclical pattern of denial-delusion-deceit, we find the impetus for all divergence within the Nation States world. The bulk of nations within this realm dwelling outside of the feeders are part of the coerced, living a lie manufactured and fed to them by the enforced. They utilize this lie in order to create great personal power, build large temples to themselves, or some self-aggrandizing political hokum, in order to wage war upon that which they left behind.

There is a further group of nations belonging to the diaspora, those that are mere puppets of either the coerced or enforced, bereft of autonomy and utilized for a multitude of tasks which enslave them to their more prodigious masters. For the purpose of this study, such entities hold no value beyond that of placeholder. In the rare instance that such a nation serves a purpose expressly independent of its diasporic progenitor the nation would invariably find itself within one of the preceding categorical classifications unless it was itself feederite in position. Such incongruities will be addressed separately, however. In the present vein, notwithstanding uncommon examples, there is therefore only one overarching classification of nation: feederite. Those nations that are part of the diaspora in any one of the two main segmentations are simply displaced feederite constituents.

Since no differentiation between those nations within the feeders and those without can be made outside of pseudo-philosophic propaganda effected by the enforced diaspora and taken up or misconstrued by the coerced, it stands to all reason and common sense that no political differentiation can logically exist either. Hence, all supposed userite, invader, imperialist, independent, etc. etc. ad nauseam, justifications for separation from and opposition to feederite institutions are invalid. If no such delineation can exist then no antagonism to these fabricated separations can exist. The enforced diaspora has perpetuated a false-mentality of obstruction in the face of their shortcomings or misunderstandings. They have utilized the coerced as tools while obfuscating the reality of their situation. In short, the userite myth has been developed and cultivated in order to destabilize the feeders and propagate a war between prodigals and their homelands.

I would like to add that the Myth is in itself sort of an “introduction” to further commentaries to come.

Thanks for the reading and feel free to comment everybody.

I think I may be missing your argument. It seems like you have concluded that since every nation begins in a GCR, we are all GCR nations.

Where one is born is a small part of one’s definition of self. Since lots of nations gather in other regions and create communities and systems of organizing themselves that are different from their place of birth, why not call them userites?

Also, the GCRs are hardly one large homogenous group. There’s lots of different flavors. My sense of the main difference between GCRs and Userites is that large silent majority you find in the GCRs. We don’t know if those are puppets, issue answering only countries, or what.

The next article I author will be entitled ‘The Male Myth.’ All of humanity is fundamentally female 'cause we all start off with an X chromosome, and we don’t become ‘male’ 'til that pesky Y chromosome rears its ugly head.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

— Begin quote from ____

I think I may be missing your argument. It seems like you have concluded that since every nation begins in a GCR, we are all GCR nations.

— End quote

The Myth is a simplification of the current status of affairs of the world: nations are created under the feeders, some stay,others - either by force or by will - move out of them. At no point it implies all nations ARE forever feederites or have to be. It mainly states that at the core of their birth, they come FROM the feeders.

— Begin quote from ____

Where one is born is a small part of one’s definition of self. Since lots of nations gather in other regions and create communities and systems of organizing themselves that are different from their place of birth, why not call them userites?

— End quote

You may call them however you wish. Let me bring a quote from Pacifican Senator Pierconium:

— Begin quote from ____

It does not disprove the tenets of Francoism, or defenderism, imperialism or any other dogma. It simply seeks to place them within a construct that is universally inclusive.

— End quote

That on itself allows for the existence of any definition you wish to use to segregate what we have called the diaspora.

— Begin quote from ____

Also, the GCRs are hardly one large homogenous group. There’s lots of different flavors. My sense of the main difference between GCRs and Userites is that large silent majority you find in the GCRs. We don’t know if those are puppets, issue answering only countries, or what.

— End quote

Agreed, feeders are different between them, but feeders in the end.

I would also like to clarify that the Myth is just the first of commentaries that are to follow, and that study in depth the particularities of the Status Quo of our environment.

I also wan to thank you for your comments, and the time invested in reading the article and voicing them!

— Begin quote from ____

The next article I author will be entitled ‘The Male Myth.’ All of humanity is fundamentally female 'cause we all start off with an X chromosome, and we don’t become ‘male’ 'til that pesky Y chromosome rears its ugly head.

— End quote

A biological disposition that is not related to will of any conscious or rationale is hardly significant or metaphorically similar to the Myth. One of them implies a will, and the other, a mere chance.

Thanks for your time and comments, my friend!

By that logic, the ‘Myth’ appears to merely be the denial and/or rejection of a mechanical predisposition that isn’t related to the will of a conscious and rational being that sets the mechanism in motion, and, if this is the case, the rejection of such hardly seems significant. If ya’d like to argue that the predisposition is the will of Max Barry or whomever else had a hand in the game mechanics, ya could easily equate that to gender being the will of God, rather than simply an insignificant result of the laws of nature, but that’s a different argument entirely. Discountin’ the will of Barry and/or God in whether a nation is a feederite or userite or an individual is male or female, the disposition of either is merely an accident of mechanics, but the will of the individual after the mechanics have run their course is the significant factor.

— Begin quote from ____

By that logic, the ‘Myth’ appears to merely be the denial and/or rejection of a mechanical predisposition that isn’t related to the will of a conscious and rational being that sets the mechanism in motion, and, if this is the case, the rejection of such hardly seems significant. If ya’d like to argue that the predisposition is the will of Max Barry or whomever else had a hand in the game mechanics, ya could easily equate that to gender being the will of God, rather than simply an insignificant result of the laws of nature, but that’s a different argument entirely. Discountin’ the will of Barry and/or God in whether a nation is a feederite or userite or an individual is male or female, the disposition of either is merely an accident of mechanics, but the will of the individual after the mechanics have run their course is the significant factor.

— End quote

No…just, no.

What you are labeling as blind mechanical impulse we are describing as subconscious impulse paired with intentional action. Your attempt at decimation with poor analogy is appreciated but wrong.

The only intentional actions bein’ taken are creatin’ a new nation, revivin’ an old nation, and keepin’ those nations in the feeder or sinker of their birth or rebirth, respectively, or movin’ ‘em to a UCR. There is no subconscious impulse involved in those actions. There’s no conscious decision bein’ made for a new or reborn nation to start in a GCR, only mechanics. In fact, given the choice, I’m sure several people would choose to have their nation start in a UCR, and, when it comes to stayin’ in or leavin’ a GCR, it’s the ultimate conscious decision when ya click that Move To another region button.

— Begin quote from ____

The only intentional actions bein’ taken are creatin’ a new nation, revivin’ an old nation, and keepin’ those nations in the feeder or sinker of their birth or rebirth, respectively, or movin’ ‘em to a UCR. There is no subconscious impulse involved in those actions. There’s no conscious decision bein’ made for a new or reborn nation to start in a GCR, only mechanics. In fact, given the choice, I’m sure several people would choose to have their nation start in a UCR, and, when it comes to stayin’ in or leavin’ a GCR, it’s the ultimate conscious decision when ya click that Move To another region button.

— End quote

Several people that already play? You mean people creating puppets or separate personae? Just curious. I believe that is covered.

Yes, it is, but it’s difficult to argue that there’s a subconscious impulse when any player that’s never played is comin’ into the game blind, not to mention anyone that’s playin’ at the behest of a friend or family member.

— Begin quote from ____

Yes, it is, but it’s difficult to argue that there’s a subconscious impulse when any player that’s never played is comin’ into the game blind, not to mention anyone that’s playin’ at the behest of a friend or family member.

— End quote

I disagree, or at least I see it differently. For example, when I see what has recently occurred regarding the off-site forum administration in The South Pacific and how it has been addressed publicly on the Regional Message Board, I can very easily imagine many new nations reading the exchange to have a subconscious impulse equivalent to ‘I don’t know if this is the place for me’ which could lead to an intentional action of leaving the region, or expressing discontent with current regional leadership. If the nation chooses to leave then they have separated themselves from the feeder community and of their own volition became part of the diaspora. If a nation reads one of the mass TGs that was sent out by a disillusioned member of government and then decides to leave then they have been coerced into doing so. This does not indicate a necessity of moral agreement with the action or the cause of the action but does outline the possibility of such a mindset taking root generally.

Well, it’s obvious that we see things differently, and we may as well agree to disagree, on this point. While it might not make nations think that it isn’t the right place for ‘em, it may make ‘em think that somewhere else is. They could be more susceptible to recruitment telegrams or, God forbid, delicious adspam, which is also a fairly conscious decision to be made, as is protestin’ the government. However, the latter can be done without fundamentally changin’ your alignment, as a player. I just think your use of the word coercion is a li’l strong in a game where no decision is ever made at the barrel of a gun. Persuasion may be right, but, even then, it can be assumed most everyone is actin’ in a self-interested manner.

A fascinating read, thank you.

— Begin quote from ____

Well, it’s obvious that we see things differently, and we may as well agree to disagree, on this point. While it might not make nations think that it isn’t the right place for ‘em, it may make ‘em think that somewhere else is. They could be more susceptible to recruitment telegrams or, God forbid, delicious adspam, which is also a fairly conscious decision to be made, as is protestin’ the government. However, the latter can be done without fundamentally changin’ your alignment, as a player. I just think your use of the word coercion is a li’l strong in a game where no decision is ever made at the barrel of a gun. Persuasion may be right, but, even then, it can be assumed most everyone is actin’ in a self-interested manner.

— End quote

I agree. The use of the term coerced is forceful, but I do not necessarily think it is too much so. That said, it is just a method of nomenclature at this point, a useful tool to differentiate. It was not meant to indicate that deliberate or instigative coercion took place in each occasion.

Francoism say Userites and Feederites exist, therfor they do :stuck_out_tongue:

Pierconium was once NPO emperor, Prussia. I think he knows francoism quite well.

And I fought in Operation Freedom durin’ The Pacific Fiasco. I remember Franco Spain himself. It’s all startin’ to make sense.

— Begin quote from ____

Francoism say Userites and Feederites exist, therfor they do :stuck_out_tongue:

— End quote

Francoism is a philosophy created to characterize the principles expressed here in specific ways. It is not refuted by the ‘Myth’ but it does place it within what we now consider to be its proper context, that is as a useful tool meant to clarify specific events at a specific point in time. As such, times have changed and while the underlying philosophical positions do still exist, they do not have to exist within the specified framework developed nearly a decade ago. In short, Francoism is a subset of the ‘Myth’ that is useful only in certain narrow dynamics. It is an extension of the types of activities that have been undertaken within the diaspora on a smaller level.

— Begin quote from ____

And I fought in Operation Freedom durin’ The Pacific Fiasco. I remember Franco Spain himself. It’s all startin’ to make sense.

— End quote

Yes.