Three Warnings

Since I joined TEP forum, the warn system has been 5 warnings. I have never seen a player with two.

The last player who was warned acted like it was an amputation of all dignity and quit the region. That’s cool - their choice. But I have decided, unilaterally as an assimilated appendage of the *Hive, that 5 warnings is silly.

There will be - at least until another Admin complains that I got it wrong - three warnings, no more. If you need a fourth warning, you’d be happier playing somewhere else. There is nothing inevitable about getting one warning or even three. It suggests thinner ice when you get to three - but what happens next is more in your control than a whim of Admin.

If you get a warning, don’t mope or pout. It’s just a warning. No one cut off your favorite appendage. Learn from it and grow. It’s a game and a warning isn’t a permanent tattoo of “loser.” It’s just that you stepped over the line. Sometimes some of us only find that line by stepping over it. It’s OK. I’ve been warned myself by NS Mods. You just joined my club.

As part of this new warning policy, I have begun an experiment.

I turned off the “warn level” thingy that was under your avatar on every post. Minor warnings may be made by any Mod or Admin anywhere on the forum.

Major warnings (which may include someone who makes a habit of giving us repeated reasons for minor warnings) will be kept track of as they always have been - in Technical.