Urth NSWiki page makeover

Below is the current text of the Urth NSWiki page and let’s make sure it’s accurate.

— Begin quote from ____

Urth (also the world) is a planet that serves as the setting for nearly all actions in The East Pacific. Urth shares essentially all of the same characteristics as Earth (an analogous body in another system), and Urth is considered to be the Earth of an alternate dimension that is the greater setting for regional roleplay. Unlike Earth, Urth is one of two astronomical objects in the Sular System to host life, though it is the only local planet to host intelligent life. It is known that there are numerous planets in other star systems that feature intelligent life, and Urth has been partly settled by at least three extraterrestrial species. But Urth is regarded in the greater galaxy as a protected nature reserve, and has not been contacted by any other species as a result.

There are five continents on Urth: Yasteria, Gondwana, Aurora, Atlantia, and Antarctica. These continents are defined by convention not by any scientific definition. Yasteria is the largest continent in terms of area and population, and it hosts some of the world’s great powers. Yet Yasteria is broken up as a continent into six separate landmasses: Yasteria Major, Arcturia, Antilla, Borea, Itur, and the Malaysias. Gondwana is larger than any component part of Yasteria. Every major landmass except Yasteria Major, Itur, Aurora, and the Malaysias is dominated by uncivilized areas, and Itur and Aurora, are the only landmasses that have been entirely settled. Urth has five oceans: the Pacific Ocean, Concordian Ocean, Arctic Ocean, Southern Ocean, and Packilvanian Ocean.

Humans are the dominant sentient species on Urth, but there are a half dozen other sentient species. The most noteworthy of these other species are the Vulpines, Lupines, Peregrins, Nekos, Nekomimis, and Felines. Humans developed in Arcturia before spreading across the world, while Vulpines, Nekos, and Nekomimis developed in Yasteria Major without ever expanding onto other continents. Lupines developed in Itur but similarly did not expand outward, while Felines developed in central Gondwana and have not expanded even across Gondwana. Urth has a population of approximately 7.4 billion, and it is estimated that 75% of that population is human. Scientists have definitively proved that the reason for the development of these numerous different species was genetic testing performed on Urth by an alien species approximately two million years ago.

— End quote

Let’s cut out the parts about Urth being a protected star system and about alien genetic testing. Make sure all the species are included, remove the one that’s been merged, etc. But I had a great idea about how humans spread across Urth on Discord and that’s what has prompted this thread. I have refined the idea with some of the above article. Let’s make a awesome story!
[hr]

My suggestions:
removed added (notes)

Urth (also the world) is a planet that serves as the setting for nearly all regional roleplay actions in The East Pacific’s roleplay or TEP Evolved. It essentially shares all the characteristics of Earth but in an alternate dimension.

Urth shares essentially all of the same characteristics as Earth (an analogous body in another system), and Urth is considered to be the Earth of an alternate dimension that is the greater setting for regional roleplay. Unlike Earth, Urth is one of two astronomical objects in the Sular System to host life, though it is the only local planet to host intelligent life. It is known that there are numerous planets in other star systems that feature intelligent life, and Urth has been partly settled by at least three extraterrestrial species. But Urth is regarded in the greater galaxy as a protected nature reserve, and has not been contacted by any other species as a result.

Urth is a planet that is located in the Sular System of the Infinity Galaxy in the Multiverse. It is one of two astronomical objects in its solar system to host life, thought it is the only local planet to host intelligent life (could this part about another planet be axed as it’s not roleplayed about?). It is known that there are numerous planets in other star systems that feature intelligent life, and Urth has been partly settled by at least one (who were the other two mentioned above?) extraterrestrial species.

There are five continents on Urth: Yasteria, Gondwana, Aurora, Atlantia, and Antarctica. These continents are defined by convention not by any scientific definition. Yasteria is the largest continent in terms of area and population, and it hosts some of the world’s great powers. Yet Yasteria is broken up as a continent into six separate landmasses: Yasteria Major, Arcturia, Antilla, Borea, Itur, and the Malaysias (I’m sure this is supposed to be Southeast Yeasteria?). Gondwana is larger than any component part of Yasteria. Every major landmass except Yasteria Major, Itur, Aurora, and the Malaysias is dominated by uncivilized areas (is this statement accurate if it means Malaysias is SE Yasteria?), and Itur and Aurora, are the only landmasses that have been entirely settled. Urth has five oceans: the Pacific Ocean, Concordian Ocean, Arctic Ocean, Southern Ocean, and Packilvanian Ocean. (could I have a cartographer make sure this is up to current standards?)

Humans are the dominant sentient species on Urth, but there are a half dozen other sentient species. The most noteworthy of these other species are the Vulpines, Lupines, Peregrins, Nekos, Nekomimis, and Felines. Aurians, Elves, Felines, Humans, Nekomimi, Peregrins, Lupines, Lutrynes, Ursines, and Vulpines are the sentient species on Urth but Humans are the dominant sentient species that with genetic their ancestry traced back to the Nekomimis and Elves. Long before recorded time the Nekomimi, a humanoid species with cat-features, spread across Urth from the land of Infinite Loop with their origins unknown. They where the dominate species of the planet and encountered many different species that had evolved long ago from their basic forms but had not expanded outwards into the world. They peacefully coexisted on Urth for countless generations until a genetic mutation happened within a Nekomimi tribe located in present day Arcturia that lead to their cat-features to gradually go away until they had no cat-features but their non-cat-ears either grew round at the top or instead had a point. This Nekomimi tribe started calling themselves Elves, derived from the Nekomimi word for point, and Human from the word for round. Over time the Humans outpaced the Elves and Nekomimis and spread across the world causing the other two species to be considered subspecies as their populations declined, while Vulpines, developed in Yasteria Major without ever expanding onto other continents. Lupines developed in Itur but similarly did not expand outward, while Felines developed in central Gondwana and have not expanded even across Gondwana. Urth has a population of approximately 7.4 billion, and it is estimated that 75% of that population is human. Scientists have definitively proved that the reason for the development of these numerous different species was genetic testing performed on Urth by an alien species approximately two million years ago.

— Begin quote from ____

(could this part about another planet be axed as it’s not roleplayed about?)

— End quote

I don’t see an issue with that; what we could do instead is mention that there are two celestial bodies in the Sular System known to have liquid water on its surface, Urth being the only one that is known to host life.

— Begin quote from ____

(who were the other two mentioned above?)

— End quote

I believe one of the other extraterrestrial species that inhabited Urth were the Ancients (the dudes that tampered with genetics and whatnot). Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the third one was Pax’s hive mind when it was still canon.

— Begin quote from ____

(I’m sure this is supposed to be Southeast Yeasteria?) | Every major landmass except Yasteria Major, Itur, Aurora, and the Malaysias is dominated by uncivilized areas (is this statement accurate if it means Malaysias is SE Yasteria?)

— End quote

Yes and yes 👍

— Begin quote from ____

(could I have a cartographer make sure this is up to current standards?)

— End quote

Can confirm that those are still the names of the oceans, although the Packilvanian Ocean is sometimes referred to as Oceanus Spoileraverunt. There are also three notably large non-oceans that I think are large enough to mention: The Gulf of Gondwana, The Caven/Morst Sea, and the sea east of South Hills (I don’t believe it has a name; I propose the Christien Sea).

In regards to the origins of the non-human sapient species, I always thought it would be fun to have both the evolutionary theory and the genetic tampering theory coexist as two competing scientific theories, often causing heated debates when it’s mentioned. That’s just me though.

As for the continents, Arcturia in my mind is large enough to be considered a separate continent from Yasteria.

Alright here is a cleaned up edited version (with more notes)

Urth serves as the setting for nearly all regional roleplay actions in The East Pacific’s roleplay or TEP Evolved. It essentially shares all the characteristics of Earth but in an alternate dimension.

Urth is one of two astronomical objects in the Sular System of the Infinity Galaxy in the Multiverse that is known to have liquid water on its surface, Urth being the only one that is known to host life. It is known that there are numerous planets in other star systems that feature intelligent life, and Urth has been partly settled by at least one known extraterrestrial species, the Peregrin.

(Nim’s point. Should we be more realistic in choices of galaxy to connect within the irl as an alternate dimension might? Or should we go full scale world building? Galaxy that looks like our future home: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombrero_Galaxy)

There are five continents on Urth: Yasteria, Gondwana, Aurora, Atlantia, and Antarctica. These continents are defined by convention not by any scientific definition. Yasteria is the largest continent in terms of area and population, and it hosts some of the world’s great powers. Yet Yasteria is broken up as a continent into six separate landmasses: Yasteria Major, Arcturia, Antilla, Borea, Itur, and the Southeast Yasteria. Gondwana is larger than any component part of Yasteria. Every major landmass except Yasteria Major, Itur, Aurora, and Southeast Yasteria is dominated by uncivilized areas, and Itur and Aurora, are the only landmasses that have been entirely settled. Urth has five oceans: the Pacific Ocean, Concordian Ocean, Arctic Ocean, Southern Ocean, and Packilvanian Ocean.

Aurians, Elves, Felines, Humans, Nekomimi, Peregrins, Lupines, Lutrynes, Ursines, and Vulpines are the sentient species on Urth but Humans are the dominant species that with their genetic ancestry traced back to the Nekomimis and Elves.

Long before recorded time the Nekomimi, a humanoid species with cat-features, spread across Urth from the land of Infinite Loop with their origins unknown. They where the dominate species of the planet and encountered many different species that had evolved long ago from their basic forms but had not expanded outwards into the world. They peacefully coexisted on Urth for countless generations until a genetic mutation happened within a Nekomimi tribe located in present day Arcturia that lead to their cat-features to gradually go away until they had no cat-features but their non-cat-ears either grew round at the top or instead had a point. This Nekomimi tribe started calling themselves Elves, derived from the Nekomimi word for point, and Human from the word for round. Over time the Humans outpaced the Elves and Nekomimis and spread across the world causing the other two species to be considered subspecies as their populations declined.

(Areas we could improve upon for more… brief origin details, like I did with the elves, humans and nekomimi and the linked species pages would have the greater details)

Vulpines, developed in Yasteria Major without ever expanding onto other continents. [mention]Todd McCloud[/mention] anything you would like to add? ;-D

Lupines developed in Itur but similarly did not expand outward [mention]Southern Yugoslavia[/mention] anything you would like to add? ;~P

Felines developed in central Gondwana and have not expanded even across Gondwana (who’s in charge of this one? roar) :open_mouth:

Peregrins colonized a large portion of Southeast Yasteria, once known as the Malaysias, but has not had outward expansion beyond their sphere of influence. Not much is known about the true origin of the Peregrin people or why they picked Urth. They are from a star system on the other side of the galaxy but have genetic compatibility with the human species. One theory is that a Peregrin progenitor race may have done experiments with life on Urth but it’s a very controversial theory that causes heated arguments within the scientific circles. (Short and simple. Tuva, you like the little end bit?)

Aurians [mention]PunnyShadow[/mention] anything you would like to add? ;>)

Lutrynes [mention]Tuva[/mention] anything you would like to add? ;>P

Ursines [mention]Asendavia[/mention] anything you would like to add? ;>D

Urth has a population of approximately 7.4 billion, and it is estimated that 77% of that population is within the human species group.

@everyone - imagine if this worked?? anything you want to add xD

I think from a roleplaying perspective, those white areas that are OOC’ly unclaimed should act as if they are made up of countries, at least from a wiki stance, otherwise we would have to edit the wikipedia more than is necessary and would give the paragraphs that are going to be constantly subject to editing that little less to worry about, for instance, if Atlantia one day fills up of actual roleplaying nations, rather than the void or unknown, or if Aurora or Itur begin to loose roleplayers.

I think a cool feature would be to include stats like “With a volume of --km[sup]3[/sup] (-- cu mi), Lake Miiyu is the largest freshwater body in the world,” and “At 8,560 meters, Mount (oo eruptious boy) is the highest peak.”, among other stats like “the coldest temperatures recorded were in the – zone of Antartica, at −89.2 °C (−128.6 °F; 184.0 K), whilst the hottest temperature was recorded in the Packilvanian Desert, at 56.7 °C (134.1 °F).”

That’s my two cents.

Did a short write-up for lupines. Details can be tweaked, added, removed, etc. as we go along!

Lupines are a species of mammalians who share both wolf-like and human-like characteristics who developed on the continent of Itur. Simply described as “human-like wolves,” scientists believe that the species evolved from wolves in what is now central Volkia before spreading out across the continent. Lupines heavily settled the western half of Itur, eventually leading to the rise of the lupine-majority nation of Volkia.

The fur-covered, bipedal species failed to make any significant strides in expanding outside the continent. Lupine artifacts dating back from antiquity have been found in archaeological sites on other landmasses that surround the Gulf of Itur. While lupines in antiquity failed to expand outside of Itur, lupines in the last few hundred years have successfully fled their homeland during times of unrest which has led to sizable lupine populations around the world.