Urthvision VII

Brought to you by everyone’s favorite corporate paradise, it’s Urthvision Songfestival VII!

Hosted by every corporation that runs the government of Absurdistan, we have a two-day festival of excitement, fun, and talent prepared for you! Many nations will enter, but only one will be crowned Urthvision Champion. And the winner will be up to you, the people of Urth!

The festival will be held in beautiful Grand Fenwick, Absurdistan, the largest city on the small island. Enveloped by skyscrapers, this city represents the best of ingenuity and perseverance one can find anywhere on Urth. Where else could a firm hold such ability to meet its customers’ needs than in Absurdistan? We hope you enjoy your time here, and make sure to buy our stuff!

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64675/3460843-starling_city.png

The magnificent Total Bean Arrivaduction Air Stadium will be this Urthvision’s venue. A twenty-five thousand seat stadium, it has all amenities you would expect from an Absurdvani venue, including an indoor skate-park, a coffee pond, corporate breakout rooms, wall-to-wall televisions showing news programs, and a hologram live Chirpr feed.

Schedule of Events

Thursday:

The largest speed dating event ever! Hosted by MyLyf, all you singles out there come on into the stadium for a three-hour session, where you will meet more people than you have ever met before. 3-6 pm
Best ads of 2018. As the performers get ready, we will do live performances of Absurdvani’s best advertisements, in any media, for the assembling crowd. 6:30-7:30 pm
Urthvision Sonfestival VII Performance Round. Hosted by none other than Full Baccalaureate Induction’s The Man, Brie Dupree, we bring to you Urthvision VII. 8-11:30 pm

Friday:

The Absurdvani Career Fair. Come prepared with resumes and CVs as the largest gathering of corporations and firms from around the Urth look to fill roles. And they’re looking for you! If your corporation would be interested in attending, please contact us. 11am-5pm
Urthvision Songfestival VII Results Show. Brie Dupree will host, as we find out who has won the Urthvision VII Songfestival! 6-9pm
Absurdistan Social Networking Event. After the results, stay in the Stadium as we open it up for what will be a fun night! After a long two-day extravaganza, we present this mingling event, complete with an open bar, biuncy castle, and more! 9:30-the wee hours of the morning

Where to Stay

The Absurdvani Corporate Residencies. For all your work-away-from-work needs. This beautiful hotel comes complete with wireless online access, massage chairs, dry cleaning, water coolers, and complimentary laptops, coffee, and ties. Here, staff policy is to never disturb our guests; we’ll only clean your room if you put a sign up!

Absurdvani Air Loft. When you want to fly, and sleep, in style. Absurdvani Air has converted a fleet of aircraft to feature private rooms for guests, and, the aircraft will not land! In-air refueling means that the Absurdvani Air Lofts will circle Grand Fenwick for the duration of your stay. Enjoy the comfort of knowing that you are completely safe thousands of feet up in the air! These Lofts feature swimming pools, disco dance floors, fully-stocked bars, and exercise rooms, as well as a professional staff of medical professions for all your needs! “Absurdvani Air: why would you ever want to touch the ground?”

The Basement. Exasperated parents of disgruntled Absurdvani youth have opened up their houses, specifically their basements, for the guests of Urthvision VII. The best part about them is the surprise of not knowing what is down there! Maybe your basement has a huge television and multiple couches, or maybe it’s an unfurnished concrete room with a water leak! The unknown is the fun part! “Book now, before our children come back! Please!!”

Details

All nations are invited to attend, as well as any large multinational corporations willing to sponsor the Urthvision.

Prerequisites and Prizes:

All participating nations must donate a sum of 250,000 SHD to cover their entourage expenses, as well as pay collectively for the trophies and prizes.

FIRST PLACE
The Nation that places first in Urthvision VII will receive the following:
1,000,000 SHD instant cash prize
Refund of initial donation sum
Hosting Rights for Urthvision VIII
Two First Place trophies; one for the government and one for the performers.
A 30 percent stake in one of the twelve largest firms of Absurdistan of their choosing.

SECOND PLACE
The Nation that places second in Urthvision VII will receive the following:
400,000 SHD instant cash prize
Two Second Place trophies; one for the government and one for the performers.
A 15 percent stake in one of the twelve largest firms of Absurdistan of their choosing.

THIRD PLACE
The Nation that places third in Urthvision VII will receive the following:
150,000 SHD instant cash prize
Two Third Place trophies; one for the government and one for the performers.
A 10 percent stake in one of the twelve largest firms of Absurdistan of their choosing.

ALL OTHER PLACES
All other nations in Urthvision VI will receive the following:
25,000 SHD instant cash prize
A 4 percent stake in one of the twelve largest firms of Absurdistan of their choosing.

[spoiler]
The Urthvision Regulations Committee to codifies and enforces a set of statutes that all Songfestivals follow. Alterations to these statutes will be allowed to take place twice-annually at pre-scheduled conferences composed of all nations participating in membership within the URC. Participation in the Songfestival does not require membership within the URC, but member nations will be afforded preference when dealing with song order, accommodations, and commercial and broadcast rights.

Membership within the URC is dependent on an annual donation proportionate to the nations GDP but will not recede past 5 million Auroran Standard Kiribs. Those members which donate more than 50 million ASK will be afforded the status of Boardmember, being able to make administrative and organizational decisions in conjunction with other Boardmembers.

Organizational:
The voting system will have participating nations poll their citizens through the use of the television broadcast, using whatever means necessary to collect the votes of the citizens, in the format of a list of all participating nations from first to last. The exact circumstances of the point system will be dependant on the nations participating and will be decided between the URC Board and the host nation.
If a nation that is not a member of the URC wins the contest, they agree on virtue of participation to abide by all rules and regulations the URC enforces and to accommodate the URC Board in planning out the next contest.

All participating nations must donate an amount of Kiribs submitted by the host nation and approved by the URC Board between 500,000 and 2 million in order to pay for construction of any necessary facilities, cover expenses for their nations’ entourage, and to collectively pay for prizes and trophies.

The host nation is responsible for the accomodation, transport, security, and successful performance of all participants. URC officials will be present where necessary to ensure all reasonable means are being undertaken to ensure each participating nation is treated fair and equitably.

All performers are required to possess a visa and residence within the nation they represent. Citizenship is not required.

Political relationships are forbidden to take precedence over the festival, as it is a celebration of culture and art. If a participant broadcaster suspends or alters their localized version of the host broadcast, they will be subject to a fine proportional to the changes made.

The host nation must be able to provide the following when selecting a city:

-The chosen venue must be able to house a minimum of 6,000 persons in an arena-style location designed to be able to host concerts.

-The chosen venue must be able to provide reasonable access to restroom, medical, and concessions facilities for all persons and species, whether able bodied or disabled.

-Venues must also be provided for the opening and closing ceremonies of at least 2,000 attendees.

-The host city must have enough hotel and resort space within 2 kilometers of the venue able to accommodate upwards of 5,000 people which include national delegations and press, but also attendees and fans.

-The host city must be able to guarantee the safety and security of participants, members of delegations and guests.

-The host city must have within the city limits a hospital and police organization numbering at least 1,000 officers, robust public transport, an international airport within 10
kilometers, access to reasonable sized roadways, and be able to provide fast and direct transport from each accommodation area to the venues for performance and official ceremonies.

-The host city must provide a recommended exploration program for visitors and performers in order to showcase, promote, and expand the culture, food, industry, environment, etc. of the host city and nation.

-The host city must have a robust broadcast and satellite up-link capability in order to disseminate the contest broadcast internationally.

Musical Performance-

All entered music and their associated contestants must be unique and married in the sense that the work of music is an original composition by the performer.

A musician or composer cannot represent their nation two songfestivals in a row.

All musical acts must be either created for this competition or be a pre-existing work of music that was not recorded prior to 1985 (Nineteen Eighty-Five.)

The act must not last longer than 6:30 minutes (six and a half) and the music itself may not exceed 6 minutes (six) in length.

Acts must have a vocal component unless they are intended to be performed orchestrally.

All works of music must be of either popular or cultural significance to their nation of origin. The host nation and their broadcast provider will work with cultural and historical experts to determine the eligibility of each song on this parameter. Nations whose first entry are denied will have 1 chance (one) to select a more appropriate musical work.

All vocal components of the musical work must be performed by a live singer. No pre-recorded vocals or lip syncing is permitted unless the vocals are part of an electronically altered component of the piece.

A nation is permitted a non-mandatory one-minute video to preface their performance. The video may only contain content that references the performer and their home nation. Anything promoting tourism, the government, the military, the international or colonial presence of the nation, the current venue, commercial products, etc is forbidden. Any content that is associated with the performers’ prior musical career, or any content that is similar or identical to any music videos or promotional content for the musical work itself is forbidden. All videos will be screened prior to the event. In the case that a nations’ video is found to violate any regulations, there will be no opportunity to submit another.

The chosen musical piece is not permitted to be performed by any artist professionally, from the time it is selected to the time it is broadcast during the contest.

Personnel-

All entrants must be confirmed and endorsed by their national selection committee.

No entrants may have prior issues with law enforcement of any kind whatsoever.

All entrants and their associated entourages will select one of 8 locations to be housed during their stay in the nation. No members of any nations’ staff are to stay in a different location.

A national delegation may not exceed 150 people and may not include more than five security personnel.

All personnel part of the delegation must be critical to the production and presentation of a musical act, including the performers themselves, any stylists, tailors, cooks, chauffeurs, instrument maintenance, dancers, etc.

If a nations’ submission is, for instance, orchestral, and thus the necessary performers exceed the entourage member limit, they will be afforded the total number of performers plus 15 extra spaces (fifteen) in their entourage.

Any personnel associated with a nations’ entourage that commit a criminal offense while visit the city, including but not limited to destruction of property, operating a vehicle without the associated license, consumption of a controlled substance while operating a vehicle, illegal acquisition or possession of a weapon, inhabiting the sovereign area without a proper visa, murder, assault, sexual misconduct, vandalism, public nuisance, poaching, libel, invasion of privacy, theft, burglary, possession of an illicit substance, malicious destruction of environment, animal cruelty, littering, obstruction of justice, verbal assault with intent to disparage race, species, culture, ethnicity, sexuality, financial situation, gender, intelligence, or dress, and all other codified infractions and felonies within host nation law will be arrested, detained, prosecuted, sentenced and served to the fullest extent of sovereign law.

Waivers concerning personnel issues and all other legal documentation can be found below.

Broadcasting-

The host nations selected broadcast provider maintains complete control over the broadcast and all aspects including preproduction, production, postproduction, editing, scripting, commentation, documentation, dissemination, commercial time and advertisers, guest selection, performance order, opening, closing, and intermission presentation, etc.

National broadcasters that receive the feed will be responsible for translation and localization of on-screen text.

Film and news staff are not permitted to cover the presentation of musical acts. They will be permitted to broadcast their own coverage of the red carpet and closing ceremonies only.

All broadcast equipment and dissemination methods must be cleared with the appropriate law enforcement and broadcast provider beforehand. Any unauthorized broadcasts or equipment will result in the ejection of the nations delegation and their forfeiture of the contest.

All news or film staff wishing to cover their nations performance and activities will be included within the 150 person limit.

All news and entertainment broadcasts must be output through state-mandated lines of communication which will be arranged with the broadcast provider beforehand.

No foreign news or entertainment firm is permitted to broadcast any footage shot by a tourist, citizen, participant, staff member, or diplomatic personage until 1 week after the official broadcast of the contest.

All entities wishing to film or otherwise broadcast content covering any person from their nation, or another participating nation, or the host nation, must submit the associated legal documentation that this person or persons gave explicit consent and otherwise understand that their likeness will appear on national and international television, no matter what they may be filmed doing.

Waivers concerning broadcast rights and all other associated legal and corporate paperwork can be found below.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Players are allowed to submit a performance from ONE of their nations, or as a corporation. If they submit multiple proposals from multiple nations, one will be chosen arbitrarily.

The video you submit must be of a musical work. Preferably the video will be of a live performance to allow voting players to understand the dynamic of the music when being performed on a stage rather than just the merits of the composition alone.

Your submission cannot exceed six minutes. The Shorter the Better. CAVEAT: If your song is part of a larger video, please indicate the timecode of where it stops and where it ends to help determine if it fits the length requirements.

Your submission must have been conceived or otherwise recorded in the last 40 years. This does not mean the version of the music itself, but rather when the original version came into being.

A preface video is not necessary

Submit your content by a forum PM or by a Discord DM (Furnifold#6535)

Your submission must contain a link to a youtube, dailymotion, or vimeo video of your musical act, the name of the song and the performer, and whether or not you are interested in joining the Urthvision Regulations Committee.

Your submission must be in no later than 12 a.m. GMT(UTC+0) on Tuesday November 27.

Voting will begin on Thursday November 29 at 12 a.m. GMT(UTC+0) and will last until Saturday, December 8, at 12 a.m. GMT(UTC+0) . Winners will be announced on Saturday, December 8.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns! Discussion will be in the TEP Roleplaying Server (Discord)
[/spoiler]

“Hello people of Urth! It’s me, Buzzy, over here in my old stomping grounds of Grand Fenwick, Absurdistan! Now, normally I’m on the mainland of Aurora being a delegate to the United Auroran Council, but I wanted to take a much-needed vacation to come back home. And the timing could not have been better, because you know why? It’s Urthvision time!”

Buzzy Bergmann, the former CEO of social media app conglomerate MyLyf, as well as the former leader of Absurdistan, and current delegate of Absurdistan to the UNAC (a position surely given to the man in order to get him out of the country), had his usual pompous attitude complete with live-streaming his every consciousness from his cell phone. A battery pack connected from his phone to his pocket, as the phone must always be as plugged in as the man who controls it (or perhaps the cell phone controls the man?). On this day, the day before Urthvision VII, Buzzy was standing just outside the Total Bean Arrivaduction Air Stadium, making his way into the large venue. His thoughts were spoken out loud, and while not always the case, today’s thoughts seemed particularly rambling.

“Oh, a speed dating event tomorrow? I’d go, but everyone there would just flock to me. It’s dangerous being me!”

“This Urthvision is going to be so exciting! First time in grand Fenwick! People of Urth, let me tell you a quick history of this beautiful city…”

“I wonder what kind of food they’ll have in the Total Bean Arrivaduction Air Stadium… I hope it’s plant-based and free-range!”

Buzzy got up to the main gate, and confidently asserted his way through a gaggle of people standing nearby. He approached a security official and said, “Excuse me, buddy, my name is Buzzy Bergmann, you probably remember me when I was president of Absurdistan last year. Can you have someone take me to my VIP box?”

The security guard, knowing that there are literally twelve Presidents of Absurdistan every year and ascribing to the culture of indifference, was indifferent to Buzzy and his request. He pulled out a tablet, bearing a MyLyf sticker, and scrolled through a list. “Nope, no Buzzy Bergmann on the list, you’ll have to go to the box-office to see if there are any tickets available. I doubt it though, as this has been sold out for months. But, each of the big corporations have set up viewing parties in buildings throughout the city, you could always go to one of them. I heard the MyLyf one is going to be exciting.”

Buzzy was annoyed as well as confused. Why would I not be on the list? Everyone here loves me! That’s why they entrusted me with the awesome responsibility of being delegate at the UNAC… He said to the security guard, “You know, I was the CEO of MyLyf, so why can’t I get in to my VIP box?”

The guard gruffly replied, “You’re not on my list, and you’re not getting in. Are we going to have a problem?”

Buzzy stepped back, shocked at the level of aggression he was being shown. “I am shocked at the level of aggression I am being shown!” He complained.

“I don’t care.” Was the response, “Now, one more time, are we going to have a problem?”

By this time, a couple more security guards came out stepped behind Buzzy. He looked behind him, and saw the guards. He dejectedly turned off his live-stream, mumbled, “No problem,” and walked away before the guards could grab him.

Once out of sight of the security, he logged onto his live-stream session again, and said to his streamers, “well Urth, it looks like we aren’t going to be getting a live look inside the Urthvision from me. You’ll have to watch it live on your televisions like regular old people.”

Buzzy bore his trademark grin as he excitedly said, “But it’s not all about me! Absurdistan is hosting Urthvision, and it’s going to be dope! Tune back in tomorrow and see the best talent of Urth perform for our entertainment! This is Buzzy Bergmann, and peace out Urth!”

Buzzy shut off his live-stream, and called a car from MyLyf’s ride-sharing app. He mumbled to himself before getting into his hailed car, “Now, maybe I will see about going to that speed dating event…”

WELCOME TO URTHVISION SONGFESTIVAL VII!

A bolsterous boom filled the packed stadium as the crowd attempted to cheer over the bass. A multitude of miniature remotely-piloted blimps circled above the stands, occasionally opening up their cargo doors and dropping goodies and swag on the audience below. T-shirts were blown out of T-shirt cannons. video games, CDs, coupons, passes, and many, many more things were crisscrossing the arena. Those inside the Total Bean Arrivaduction Air Stadium were practically sitting on mounds of swag and goodies. It was clear that the largest corporations of Absurdistan had opened up their marketing department coffers, and expelled a year’s budget into this one event. But, this was the largest event with the greatest number of eyes trained on the small nation. Those in Absurdistan were pulling out all the stops.

The sound system changed tone to a calming sound, as fog enveloped the large semi-circled stage. A lone figure emerged from the fog, and the announcer called out, “People of Urth, here is your host for competition, the head of the largest record label company in Absurdistan, a pioneer in the pop-punk genre, and the most eligible bachelorette this side of Aurora, here is… BRIE DUPREE!!!”

The fog had cleared up, leaving a woman grinning ear-to-ear. She waved to the screaming crowd, and reached into a small duffel bag she brought up with her. She pulled out a dozen small tapes and threw them into the crowd, to add to their mounds of swag. “Hello everyone of Urth! Sup! It’s me, Brie, and I’ll be your host tonight and tomorrow. Small note, announcer-man. I was at the Speed Dating event earlier today, and I got numbers of many a person of Urth, and some felines too! So this bachelorette might not be so eligible anymore.”

The crowd laughed as Brie continued, “By the way, what I just passed out was my first solo EP in almost ten years, so you lucky fans get a first listen before the full album drops.” The few fans who had grabbed the tapes were quickly accosted by those nearby, as many in the audience wanted to indulge their consumerism and take the tapes. Brie noticed and yelled, “Hey! Stop that! That’s not what we are here for! Save that for after the show… But really, don’t do that.”

Switching from a death glare to another ear-to-ear grin, Brie moved the proceedings forward. "We have a great event ahead of us. Six performers from across Urth will vie to be the winner of Urthvision VII. Let’s meet our competitors now…

The lights in the stadium went dark, except for a lone spotlight trained on the host. Brie spoke into the microphone, “First, from the amazing ocean paradise of New Leganes, it’s Quns & Tribarne!”

The spotlight shut off and another turned on, trained on the duo standing nearby. The crowd roared with approval.

From somewhere in the darkness Brie continued, “Next, from another place that prizes capitalism and the pursuit of happiness, its Yliza Lavetiyek from Tivot!”

The spotlight flashed onto the woman on the other side of Brie, and the crowed roared loud, particularly more excited because of the capitalism callout.

“It’s now time to move onto East Cerdani, the previous host country for Urthvision, and a place that does not embrace the awesomeness of capitalism like we do, here’s Peter Schöber!”

The spotlight trained on the man from East Cerdani, as there were a smattering of “boo” throughout the arena, but the applause drowned out the dissenters.

“Okay, ignoring all that and moving on, let’s turn our attention to Georgia Del Rae of Axdel!”

The spotlight shone bright on the woman as the crowd again roared, no “boos” to be heard.

Finally, from beautiful Blueacia, here’s Kimberly Tomme amd Laurens!"

The spotlight trained on the duo, accompanied by roaring and thunderous applause.

Once it all had quieted, Brie said, “Now, I bet you all are wondering about Absurdistan’s entry. We wanted to make it a surprise, and we will now bring out…”

Brie turned to the back of the stage, one hand gesturing to one side of it, the other clutching her ear as she listened to communications from the production booth. Her outstretched arm fell limp, and she had a quizzical look on her face.

The silence was deafening. It had to have been a good twenty or thirty seconds of just nothing happening. The lights in the arena turned on, and the other competitors were standing around, shuffling in place, as confused as the billions of viewers watching the show. Finally Brie, with a small nod, turned around to face the crowd, and she said, “Well, ladies and gentlemen, it appears that Absurdistan, in its excitement about bringing you this amazing competition, completely forgot to… submit an artist for the competition… We’re going to take a quick commercial break, but stay glued to your seats fans, and we will be back with the first performance soon!” The camera panned out to sounds of the audience groaning, confused about this turn of events.

The television broadcast showed commercials from all the main companies of Absurdistan. Those watching television would be inundated with commercials showcasing features from Absurdvani Air, Coffeif, MyLyf (formerly known as MyLyfe), and many others. These commercials stretched on for half an hour, clearly stalling for time as the Urthvision Planning Commission of Absurdistan scrambled to figure out what to do. If each commercial was thirty seconds long, then viewers were shown sixty commercials during this break, a truly obscene number. Then, partly through one commercial for moisturizing body lotion, the feed to Urthvision VII returned…

“AND WE’RE BACK!” Brie Dupree called out as a camera inside the arena zoomed in on her. “Thanks for being so patient with us. Well, everyone, it looks like… nobody from Absurdistan was able to make it on short notice, but it just so happened that a duo from Furnifold, Tom DeWrong, were touring Abusridstan, and were willing to come here to compete! So, here’s Thom DeWrong!”

Slight smattering of applause permeated the room as the two men ran onstage, no spotlight to introduce them like the others.

Once the applause died down (quickly), Brie Dupree carried on. "Okay everyone, here’s how it will work. One-by-one, the artists will perform for us. Once the last performer has competed, voting will open. You will have until tomorrow to vote (OOC - December 7th at 11:59 pm GMT). Voting will be done by a public Chirp… I’m being serious… a public Chirp on the app Chirpr. More will be explained. But, let’s get down to business!

After a brief break (much more brief than the thirty-minute fiasco) Brie was back on stage. "Introducing the first act, it’s Quns & Tribarne from New Leganes, singing  - YouTube

After they had finished, Brie introduced the next act, "From Tivot, it’s Yliza Lavetiyek, performing Kennedy Center Honors - Bettye LaVette - Love Reign - YouTube

Brie wasted no time after the performance, "Next, from East Cerdani, here is Peter Schöber singing, - YouTube

“Okay, here we go with the next act. From Axdel, singing - YouTube, it’s Georgia Del Rae!”

The applause finished, another commercial break was taken, and five minutes later, Brie was on stage introducing the next performance. "This performance needs no introduction, so here is Kimberly Tomme amd Laurens of Blueacia, singing Koit Toome & Laura - Verona (Estonia) LIVE at the second Semi-Final - YouTube 
(OOC: try this link if the above one does not work - Koit Toome & Laura - Verona (Estonia) LIVE at the second Semi-Final)

"And finally, they answered the call, and should be commended, here’s Thom DeWrong from Furnifold, singing, Robert DeLong - First Person on Earth (Live at the Edge) - YouTube

After the last performance finished, Brie stepped on stage again, all smiles, and slightly sweaty as she had clearly been rocking out with the performers. "That was incredible! Thanks to all our performances! Now, it’s up to you, audience. As I said before, voting will be done on the social media app Chirpr, so make sure to download it if you haven’t done so already. You will vote for either the nation or the artist using the hashtag #UrthvisionVII. The top performance (and first in the list) should be worth 5 points, decreasing in point value until 1 point is reached. Do not vote for your nation.

Here’s my example:" The screen behind Brie lights up with her Chirp format:
5- East Cerdani
4- New Leganes

1- Furnifold
#UrthvisionVII

[spoiler]
The format stated above is required. Somewhere in your vote post you must include the #UrthvisionVII, or else your vote will not count. This voting portion should be clearly outlined in the post, separate from any associated RP you wish to write. You have until Friday, December 7th at 11:59 pm Greenwich Mean Time (0000 UTC/Zulu) to submit your nation’s votes. Winners will be announced on Saturday December 8th.
*If you have any questions or concerns, or issues with the video player, send me a PM
[/spoiler]

Brie made sure the audience and viewers understood the rules before she continued. “Well, the performance section of Urthvision VII is complete. Voting is now live. Good luck to all!” The camera zoomed out to the roaring audience, and then eventually faded to black.

Brie Dupree zipped open another bag and threw out more of her mixtapes to the audience. The people of the stands attempted to grab their mounds of swag they had been gifted, and made their way out of the arena, as the voting for Urthvision VII had begun.

Nobody appears on the screen, but four people shout:
GOOD EVENING, NATIONS OF URTH!!!

Those four start appearing from under the screen:

It’s Mike Falemadi!!

And Cara Nerik!!

And Porbes again!!

And E Durne!!

Here we are, all the previous Cukishes on Urthvision!

Cara: We all are here to present how New Leganes has voted.

Porbes: Hey, repeat with me, how has been for New Leganes to vote?

All: VERY, VERY DIFFICULT!!

E Durne: That’s actually true. This edition has been the most tied with voting of all the times New Leganes has been on Urthvision.

Mike: That means nothing but all musicians have been STUNNING and these votes are going to be unfair, as nobody deserves to be in last place.

Cara: But there have to be votes from highest to lowest, and we are here to tell all Urth how they are according to New Leganes.

Porbes: We have another message from New Leganes, and that’s the best wishes for Quns and Tribarne! Hope they finally win what we couldn’t in the past. Anyway, their performance has been wonderful, and they have to be proud of this day.

Mike: And now,

Cara: It’s time

Porbes: For us

E Durne: To let you know

All: THE VOTES OF NEW LEGANES!!!

5- Blueacia
4- Tivot
3- Furnifold
2- East Cerdani
1- Axdel
#UrthvisionVII

All: See you in the next edition!!

Screen shows the flag of Blueacia
“Here is Labia Cue calling with our voting.” a manly voice says. Then music starts to play… "Goodbye to yesterday. Hello you might know us, we are the Blueacian performers of last time Eline Bron and Sieger Rasta. But first we thank all the performers for the fantastic show they made, and also we want to thank the host Brie Durpee for the awesome show, and we want to thank the host city for having us all so singer from alover Urth can give you the best of the best.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE VOTES??!!!
stadium starts to scream
Well then HERE… THEY… ARE…
Our 5 points go to New Leganés
4 points go to East Cerdani
3 points go to Axdel
Our 2 points are for the lovely Yliza Lavetiyek from Tivot
And Finally Furnifold got our 1 point.
#UrthvisionVII

“And this concludes the voting of the Blueacian jury. Hope to see you soon back at our lovely island” both said winking. And Eline Bron adds “and when it happens, promise you wake me up. For all the viewers, goodbye and goodnight”

"And here come the Axdelian votes!

5 points to New Leganes!
4 points to Furnifold!
3 points to Blueacia!
2 points to Tivot!
and finally, 1 point to East Cerdani!

“Good luck to everyone!”

#UrthvisionVII

After the votes from Axdel were announced, the screen transitioned to show the Chirpr feed of Tivotian President Boris Loctov. A long-time fan of Urthvision, the most recent Chirp from him reads:

"Hello Urthvision from your biggest fan! We’ve got our Tivotian tallies:

5 votes for Axdel!
4 votes for New Leganes!
3 votes for Blueacia!
2 votes for Furnifold!
1 vote for East Cerdani!

We wish all the contestants good luck!

#UrthvisionVII"

"Now, the votes from the Cerdani Democratic Republic:

5 for Blueacia
4 for Tivot
3 for New Leganes
2 for Axdel
and 1 for Furnifold

Best of luck to everybody involved and we look forward to seeing results!

#UrthvisionVII"

“What an exciting time to be in Grand Fenwick!” remarked an Absudvani to another.

“You are so right! I feel like I am about to launch into some exposition, but since Absurdistan got to host the Urthvision Songfestival, the nation has become even more interesting for global corporations. And more exciting too! It almost makes up for the fact that Absurdistan didn’t actually enter the competition. Almost…” The other replied.

“Too true, my friend. I am responding in what will likely be headlines tomorrow, but I bet someone gets fired because of this. Not our corporate overlords, of course. But mid-level management individuals that can afford to be fired. They’ll probably never work in this town again.”

“Oh look, here comes the last votes in now!”

The two Absurdvanis turned their attention to their phones, as the votes from Furnifold came in.

The two Absurdvanis quickly did the math in their heads.

“Wait… do you know what this means???” One exclaimed.

“Yes, I do… oh boy, and the results show is about to begin. Let’s see what happens next…”

The Total Bean Arrivaduction Air Stadium was abuzz with excitement, and a fair amount of tension. The results from all the nations had come in, and, due to them all arriving via Chirpr, there was no suspense as to who the winner would be. Everyone around the entire world with access to Chirpr, or even just news, was aware of what happened. There was a tie in Urthvision VII. The suspense came now as to what would be the fate of the victor. The Career Fair, the event preceding the Results Show, was filled with job applicants to the biggest companies in Absurdistan, and all around the Urth; but the small talk between the applicants and their interviewers was all about what was to come.

People crawled over leftover coupons and swag from the multitude of blimps that had dropped the goodies over their heads yesterday, just so they could get to their seats and get settled for what was to come…

Inside the dressing room, Brie Dupree was getting into her outfit for the evening, and checking with the regulation officials ONE more time about what she was to say. “Okay, so it is a tie, and what does that mean?” She asked.

“We’ve been in communication with the Blueacian and the New Leganan camps. They have both agreed to keep the results as they are, and not have Absurdistan administer some sort of tiebreaker. Both nations are going to host the next Urthvision. They’ll split the combined total of the first and second place winnings, and Tivot takes third place. It’s actually quite simple, and something that we were surprised that Blueacia and New Leganes agreed to.”

Brie nodded her head, convinced that the actions of the Absurdistan Urthvision Songfestival Regulations Committee members was the right one. “Gentlemen and ladies,” she addressed the gaggle of people in her room. “We’re all ready to go? The horses have been rigged to the flying machines? The chariot is ready to go? Are the hypnotists on hand?” After receiving confirmation on all of these strange questions, she continued. “Looks like we’ll have an exciting show after all!”

“So, here are the final results: Blueacia and New Leganes tie for first with 20 points each, Tivot is third place with 14, East Cerdani is fourth with 13 points, Axdel is fifth with 12, and Furnifold is sixth with 11. I’ll be sure to explain that, and the details with the tie, slowly to all the inbreds watching.” Brie chuckled at her offensive joke, then she turned to the Absurdistan Urthvision Regulation Committee members. “I’m positive you all will keep your jobs after this fiasco,” she addressed to their anxious faces. “Now, let’s get this show on the road!”

Brie and the assistants in the room left, hearing the announcer pumping up the crowd for the beginning of the Results Show. The Absurdistan Urthvision Regulation Committee members were the last people to leave the room, and could barely hear themselves think over the roar of the crowd. Which meant that, as men in trench coats grabbed them, placed black masks over their heads, and dragged them away, no one could hear their screams…

It turns out that The Family, one of the biggest sponsors of Urthvision VII, was not happy with how it had turned out, and brought in goons to “take care” of the Absurdistan Urthvision Regulation Committee members. Turns out that those two random Absurdvanis were right; they wouldn’t be working in this town again…

Well, another Urthvision has come and gone, we’ll see you next time for Urthvision VIII, hosted by Blueacia and New Leganes! Thanks for competing!