Urthvision VIII

Hello followers of the Urthvision. Today we have news for you. both New Leganés and Blueacia (who co-host this edition) have decided on the hosts of the Urthvision Songfestival 8.

From New Leganés it will be Pétra Méde.
She’s been Leganés’ commentator and presentor of the Urthvision in all the edition New Leganés participated in till now.
All the edtions were broadcasted by Livá Leganéasle Naciónle Televisión. Pétra was very happy when she was chosen to host the Urthvision.

From Blueacia’s it will be Marijke Folliëro.
She’s the host of “Lied” the national version of Blueacia of the Urthvision Songfestival. Urthvision Songfestival is derived from Lied hence why it’s called “Oerdfyzje Lied Ynternasjonaal” (Urthvision Song International) when people in Blueacia talk about the Urthvision Songfestival.
Next to this she is the co-host of the Urthvision when broadcasted on the NBF. She too was very happy when she got to host the Urthvision live on stage.

when they were asked why there is a host from each country they both said “well because, Together we’re stronger”

Goeie moarn lannen fan Urth!!!
¡¡¡Riés háni vedérek, nacióner Úrthle!!!
¡¡¡Buenos días, naciones de Urth!!!
Good morning, nations of Urth!!!

Are you all getting ready for the first Urthvision hosted by TWO nations? I’m Tarabé Qásar, spokesman of New Leganes National TV’s Committee for Urthvision, in which we are working and cooperating with Blueacia to bring you the BEST URTHVISION EVER. We are extremely glad to announce you the date and, after a voting week on the LLNTV (Livá Leganéasle Naciónle Televisión) website, the venue for Urthvision VIII. So…

ARE YOU READY???

Urthvision VIII will take place in Privetia Taurillien, capital city of New Leganes, from January 27th to February 2nd. Then, we URGE you to cancel any plans for that week hope you follow and enjoy this edition as always or even more.

The venue will be “Porósin”, which in Cukish means “the Cover”. You will easily understand the meaning of it. Porósin is a stadium used for special events, 30 years old and very loved by Privetians. 21 years ago a retractable cover was added to prevent from rain and extreme weather, reason why people started calling it “the Cover” and it was decided to change the old oficial name of “Kárumle Estádio” (“Market’s Stadium”) to “Porósin”. It has capacity for 15,000 people, it has experience hosting important events and will be the place where Blueacia, New Leganes and all the other nations participating will bring you an Urthvision edition nobody could ever forget. Below you have some images of it.

See you all very soon!!! And don’t forget that together we’re stronger!!!

Good evening, nations of Urth!

The term for submissions to participate on Urthvision VIII is, from this moment, opened.

The nations willing to participate must inform about the song they will send via link to YouTube video or similar platforms, the name of the song and artist(s), and some information about the artists or songs. All this information must be sent to Blueacia.

Nations have to pay a certain amount of money, which will be told to each nation when the songs and information are sent.

The submissions term will finish at 23:59 UTC January 25th, and finally remember the Urthvision week will begin at January 27th.

Most important of all, always remember that together we’re stronger!!!

Winners:
Urthvision I
Carl Stonelake with Mirrors from Caltharus: https://youtu.be/uuZE_IRwLNI
Urthvision II
Black Star Elephant with Am I Wrong from Hama: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bg1sT4ILG0w
Urthvision III
Heartstrings with Sunrise from Free Syllvin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvaLAs9cex4
Urthvision IV
Lorien with Statements from Furnifold:

Urthvision V
Dschinighis Khaan with Moskau from East Cerdani: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4
Urthvision VI
The Stop-Gap Solution with The Blank Stare Conceals the Eyes of a Hunter and an Inner Rage that can’t be Pacified from Absurdistan: - YouTube
Urthvision VII
Kimberly Tomme and Laurens with Lost in Verona from Blueacia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxqPpzWYN1c&feature=youtu.be
Urthvision VII
Qúns & Tribárne with This Girl from New Leganés: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dUS7nDIt1s&feature=youtu.be

People start cheering as the previous winners are all shown on the big screen behind the podium. After a few seconds Pétra and Marijke make their way up the stage from the back side on either side of the screen, and people start yelling again.

Goejûn lannen fan Urth!!!
¡¡¡Riés nátu vedérek, nacióner Úrthle!!!
¡¡¡Buenas noches, naciones de Urth!!!

Good evening, nations of Urth!!!

“Welcome back another time to the Urthvision Songfestival! We’re already at the 8th edition of this Urthwide festival, and we’ve never been anywhere twice (yet)”. “I’m Pétra Méde, from New Leganés”. “And my name is Marijke Folliëro, from Blueacia”. “We will present this contest from this amazing stadium called “Porósin”, in Privetia Taurillien, capital city of New Leganés, the nation that connects Arcturia and Gondwana through thousands of islands. 15,000 people are here with us in the stadium, and we are sure that millions of people have your eyes on us all over Urth. Since they’ve had a tie in Urthvision’s last edition, the organisation of this edition has been assumed by both Blueacia and New Leganés. This is the first edition hosted by two nations, and the edition with equaling the most countries participating, a staggering number of 18 countries joined. So you all are watching a historical edition!!!”

“Now, I guess you all want to know which countries are here tonight so I guess we should introduce all the participating countries”. The screen splits into two and with lights in the podium a path is formed. All the artists walk behind their flag in the order of appearance:

Xagrurg - Blueacia - New Leganés - Fedele - Masceola - Pakitsk - Kyrloth - Furnifold - Axdel - Zukchiva - Duelland - East Malaysia - Tivot - Asendavia - Valokchia - Balistria - Kuthernburg and last but not least Arramall.

“Well Marijke you know we can’t be both here all night, so to which room were you supposed to go?” “Euhm, the ladies room?” people start laughing “No, no, come on Marijke you know this, we practiced it a few times”. “Ahhh, you mean the green room” Marijke said. “Yes, you get it” said Pétra. “Well go quick, I guess the artists are waiting for you”. “You can handle it without me here?” Marijke asked. “It can’t be that difficult, I guess” Pétra said.
As Marijke makes her way down to greenroom where all the artists are Pétra starts her part of the show.

"Now that Marijke has left me alone here on the stage, I don’t want you to wait much time until the performing show begins. It’s time for the first artist to come to the stage!!!

The first song of this edition is brought from Xagrurg by Sludgehoney! They are a grunge band from hailing from a dilapidated town a bit far from Eidenburgh, the band’s members would meet each other fatefully in the 1980’s and quickly make it large, their 2nd album Supermuff Bigfuzz launching them huge into the underground scene but not quite large enough into the mainstream, until fellow grunge band Nervena paved their way through for others to follow. “People Who Took My Shoes”, the song they will perform, was a hit single in the 1990’s among punk rock fans, the drunk and lazy vocals combined with the catchy riff and snappy drums appealing to many. Xagrurg has never won Urthvision but Sludgehorn will try to change that and enter the Urthvision Hall of Fame.

The second song comes from Blueacia, which won last edition with the amazing “Lost In Verona” song. The people that will defend the championship are Blueacia’s four most famous and most succesfull artists. They’ve won Blueacia’s national edition of Urthvision, from which Urthvision originates, called “Lied” multiple times seperate as in this group. This song won the last edition of Lied and therefor they’ve qualified for this edition of Urthvision. It goes about how everybody hurries so much these times and people should take a bit more time like they do, for example don’t always drive on the highways and get stuck in the jams. But use the smaller or older roads and take your time and enjoy life. The first edition of Urthvision was celebrated in Blueacia, and De Fjour Troedabours will try to make Blueacia the first country ever having Urthvision celebrated twice on it with the song De Âlde Púndyk (The Old Rubbleroad).

And after a winner comes another winner! Baréi Góler will try to repeat the achievement of Qúns & Tribárne in Absurdistan last edition, not letting Urthvision escape out of New Leganés. She was born in Órna Çeqi, Rhúnstell, the south-western district of New Leganés, the same city where your beloved presenter, Pétra Méde, comes from. Her father died shortly after her birth, and Baréi states that this has shaped her way of living. Music has been present in her life since her childhood, and when she was 14 decided to involve in her musical passion. She combined her studies on music with Architecture studies on the National University of Rhúnstell. After recording three studio albums and participating in several Cukish contests, she finally got included on Cukishvision by December 2018, from which she was elected to represent New Leganés in Urthvision VIII. The main styles Baréi sings are pop, soul and funk. Say Yay!, the following song, is a dance-pop song, which reflects the desire to excel that Baréi has always had. The Órna Çéqi girl comes to fill us with vitality and that desire to run the world, and even to make everybody in the Porósin dance, everybody from her nation, where the song festival is held, and, of course, everybody on Urth.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ajbjr (for US viewers)

Here comes Big Moe from Fedele, a devout hedonist, patriot, and war hero, who espouses his love for opiates and other pleasures in this patriotic and culturally significant Fedelean hit song, “Purple Stuff”. Big Moe will sing this song to make all Urth look at Fedele on Urthvision IX and enter on the history of the contest forever.

Masceola, the next country, has sent David Ojumï to Privetia Taurillien, with a song called “Here Comes The Sun”. David was born March 3rd, 1983 in Kelim, Masceola. He became homeless at age of 15 after the death of his parents, and relatives wouldn’t take him in. After his complicated beginnings, he became Regionally Known after being recognized by Gelianan Records & Steven Arstrive. Having his name among the eight winners until now would change radically the personal history of David and the national one for Masceola.

Mârcí Pácùs and Gálūs Mórtensã are the next to bring a song to Porósin, with the song “Tûn Īnärmõs Ēscrït”. This song is a celebration of the laid-back culture in Pakitsk, and the general laxness of its inhabitants’ work ethic. It’s immensely popular because Pakotskíh workers love to fantasize about getting off early, even when they land a 10-3 job. They are looking up with this song to make us go to Pakitsk next edition and turn their song into the ninth winner of Urthvision.

“Paper People” will be the following song to be performed, brought by The Wishing Well. The Wishing Well is a seven-piece folk band hailing from Sutenkas, Kyrloth. Despite two hit albums and three #1 singles on the Kyrloth Radio Chart, the band, fronted by Dzhai Larkan, has never released a music video, instead choosing to go on tours all around Urth and busking in long-forgotten corners of the cities of the world until someone takes some invariably low-quality footage of their live performances, like “true troubadours”. The Wishing Well wish to take the championship from Blueacia and New Leganés, and they will try to make that real.

TATFTTTHHTM? That’s the name of the next song, brought from Furnifold. Hailing from the part of Furnifold everyone has strong opinions about, the performers are The Naughty Chonvors. They are a group of enemies brought together by their desire to keep each other close, and to rock the Urth. Their lead singer, Daniel, has a great-grandfather who never met him, and is the only relative who does not think Daniel is a failure. Their lead guitarist, Hama, spent some time in the Vase Mountains, learning the art of throat singing from the legend Khalid Ibuyutima. Upon returning to The Naughty Chonvors, they promptly placed him on guitar and told him to never sing again. Their keyboardist, Blind, recently graduated from piano school. Up until about a month ago, they had him playing a kiddie keyboard. Don’t boo him too hard. Their bassist, JJ, plays too loud. They have told him to stop playing so loud, they have cut his bass off, but he still somehow plays loud. Any help quieting this menace would be much appreciated. The rest of the band are a pile of hyperactive degenerates. That’s why we love them. They are The Naughty Chonvors, and they are in New Leganés to spread some naughty around and make Furnifold the first nation winning twice, after the victory of Lorien and “Statements” in the fourth edition.

Bemuse from Axdel are pushed into the stage with their song “Push Me”. They formed in 1996 in a coastal town in southern Axdel, and are one of the most prominent rock bands of Aurora and worldwide. Axdel has not won yet, but Bemuse might change that very soon if they persuade the audience of Urthvision with their performance."

The camera pans to the green room. “Well hello and welcome to the green room, this is the place where all the singers are. Let’s talk to some shall we? Let’s see…”
Marijke starts walking in between the delegations who are waving their flags when the camera sees them.

Marijke stops at the delegation of Xagrurg. “Let me squeeze in here a bit.” She says as she makes her way to the lead singer of the band. “You guys had to open the night, how was it to open such a wonderful show and being able to enjoy the rest of the night?” Well, some might think it’s a advantage to start and some think it’s a disadvantage. I think if you make a good song you all have the same chance to win the Urthvision.” Then Marijke asked “Do you want to say anything to viewers at home?” “I hope that people make the right choice.” “I hope so too, but of course your opinion of a right choice and mine might differ.” She said with a smile, as she makes her way to a different delegation.

After a small walk she ends up at the Fedelian delegation. “Hello mister Big Moe.” “Hello Marijke.” “Your song is probably my favorite to win this edition, I love you and your background singers. Could I please give you a hug and a surprise?” Big Moe starts hugging Marijke. Then says “I hope you came up with a good surprise then.” Then Marijke is gifted a bag. “Well in here, hope you like it ofcourse.” Big Moe gets out of the bag a really oversized shirt with a picture of himself and Marijke hugging from a few days back. “Well thank you.” he said, and giving Marijke yet another hug. “Well Pétra, I think I’m going to stay with my new friend for a bit. So back to you.”

"After this break, we must welcome Zukchiva, which comes to the contest with Inspirationally Grown Boys and their song “Not Welcome Here”. Founded in the late 2008s, the band had a rocky start. However, as time passed they began to become better with their craft and producing hits like “All for you” (Bleeding Out irl), and “Aim for Glory” (Ready Aim Fire). Their songs soon began to be included in many block buster movies. This song, “Not Welcome Here”, was created in 2013 and was also featured in a movie. Its first live performance, due to some delays, occurred on 2014. The band, while not ethnically Zukchivan nor from the Zukchivan region, all have become successful citizens of Zukchiva since Zukchiva’s founding. Its members are: Hax Gustav, Jayner Longsworth, Denis Suthur, and Lokiz Kun. Who knows, maybe these “Inspirationally Grown Boys” take the championship now held by Blueacia and New Leganés.

Next song is coming from Duelland, and Kenny Means will perform the song “Lost in the fire”. Kenny Means is 23 years old pop artist, born and raised in Duelland. He is known in Duelland for unique singing style and voice. He will be representing his nation with this song, which has top the Duelland’s charts reaching number 3 in the charts. According to Kenny Means, this song speaks about his personal life. Kenny wants to end the contest over the other 17 participants by any means, and make Duelland appear when the names of the previous winning countries are said.

East Malaysia is the next country to bring a song to Privetia Taurillien. The artist coming from there is called “Nine”. He’s East Malaysia’s top selling solo artist. He won Peregrin IDOL at age 18 as part of the boy band NXT, now 24 and just released his 1st solo album “9”. With the song “Keep On” he will try to take the championship to his country for the first time.

Julius Fabulicus and Lydia Sterikov are the next, and they come from Tivot. They have not come here alone: Julius brings his piano, and Lydia her violin. Born in 1978 to Caltharusian immigrants, Julius grew up in an impoverished neighborhood of Astrakhan, Salovia. As the eldest brother, it wasn’t uncommon for him to go hungry so his younger siblings could eat. Although they could barely afford it, his parents insisted on putting Julius through K-12 schooling. Julius’s mother moved the family to Tarov, Tivot in 1985 to escape the war, where he continued his schooling up through high school. He began pursuing his music career shortly after graduating high school in 1996. He was approached by Validus Records, a major record label in Tivot, to record songs for them. His song “Where we could be” rocketed him to popularity and he still maintains moderate success. “You”, the next song to be performed on the stage of Porósin, is his newest single from 2018.
A native of Tivot, Lydia was most famous for being a political activist prior to her music career. She has worked under numerous political campaigns as well, most notably working as campaign manager for Ivan Trikolovich in his first successful bid for office. Later in her political career, she realized that it wasn’t her passion, and instead focused all her funds towards musical interests. She, like Julius, was approached by Validus Records, and her instrumental song “Lost Away” gained her national renown. She and Julius met in 2016 when another artist, Sofia Rose, suggested that Lydia work with him. The two hit it off immediately, with a blossoming professional relationship that would spout out six hit songs in three years. Let’s see if they can beat all the other 17 countries.

Red Hot Chili Peppers have come to New Leganés to represent Asendavia with the song “Under The Bridge”. Viktor Gjertsen, the leader singer for Red Hot Chili Peppers, wrote most of Under the Bridge during a period in his life when he felt emotionally drained and disconnected from his bandmates. Originally a poem, Under The Bridge wouldn’t be worked on as a song until Torfinn Brandvold, the band’s manager, found it while flipping through Viktor’s notebook one day. The song is primarily about Viktor’s former drug addiction. Porósin could be remembered forever by Asendavians as the place where Red Hot Chili Peppers won and took Urthvision to Asendavia for the first time.

We wanna watch more performances! Valockhia enters into the contest with Marii K, a Valokchian artist that was chosen upon to be a contestant representing Valokchia, currently one of the most popular musicians that is native to Valokchia. With her song “I Wanna”, Marii K wants to take the championship from the hands of Blueacia and New Leganés.

Balistria comes with the next song, “Courtesy Call” by Safa al-Saba. This song was created to break down the strong traditional and religious beliefs Balistrians were known for, and was encouraged by high social class friends defying their culture by wearing Western clothes or singing pop songs. Let’s see if Safa al-Saba end safe and sound and even make Balistria win for the first time.

It’s time for King, the Kuthernburg performer, to perform the song “Momma”. This is King #1 hit and is a very famous band across Urth, made in 1983. The song was first performed at Urth Aid 1987. Kuthernburg has not won yet this contest, but King has the possibility to make a reference to his name and become the absolute king of Urthvision VIII.

And now there is just one country left to perform. The last song comes from East Cerdani: it’s named “Who Could It Be?” and The After Burners are the ones who bring it to us. The band come from the south of the country and was formed group of childhood friends in 2007. They became popular through their performances at local song festivals and at venues across the country, reaching #1 status in 2016 and 2018. The song is about a man wishing for a little peace and quiet from all the doorknockers and unwanted visitors he’s receiving. East Cerdani is one of the countries that can be the first to win Urthvision twice, as they won the fifth edition with the song “Moskau” by Dschinighis Khaan. Don’t have any doubt The After Burners will try to achieve that record.

That concludes all the songs of this edition. We hoped you all enjoyed the songs and you can make up your mind who deserves your points. Because It’s time to vote now

Of course, we’ve got a “traditional” intervals act for you. Some acts became even more famous than some of the songs, maybe this intervals act too. This interval act is a native Blueacian dance style:"

“Hello, and welcome back to the green room, hope you all liked the intervals act”. people start screaming and applauding even more “I take that as a yes. But before we conclude this nights show and the votes are coming in let’s make just a real quick visit to some more delegations.”

As she starts walking she meets The After Burners just returning from their performance and walk back to the green room. “Hey guys, good job on your song.” all the band members give Marijke a quick kiss on the cheek. “Guys, you can’t do that. People are watching and I think my boyfriend is one of them.” “sometimes you need a bit change one of the band members told her, but you wanted to ask us something” as the band and Marijke just sat down at their sofa “Yes, who do you think people need to vote for?” “People need to vote for our song of course.” “Thanks for that.”

And Marijke made her way to another delegation. Then she stops by the delegation of Valokchia “I think we should talk to these people over here don’t you think? Hello Marii, we almost have the same name. We should make a band or something and call it The Maries, what do you think?” Marii K started to chuckle a bit. “Maybe we can if you’re a good singer or your good on a instrument.” “That’s a coincidence, I’m good with both things.” Marijke then is handed a trumpet from a staff member and starts blowing air through it from the wrong then the staff member turns the trumpet around and tells her that’s the right way.

After some played angryness by Marijke she again blows air through the trumpet (this time from the right side) and still can’t any sound out of it. “It must be broken” she yells at the staff member and gives him back the trumpet, who walks away with the trumpet and in the background you can hear him start to play on the trumpet. Marijke then says “Well then, I still need you listen to my singing.” she then starts singing really badly a few lines of Marii K’s song she performed earlier the evening. When she’s done, and you can clearly see the awkward look on Marii’s face, Marijke says “I guess it’s no problem starting a band with you with all my talent as you can see.” Marii then says to Marijke “I like your commitment but I don’t think we can be a group, because I prefer going solo.” “Well, then I’m going to find someone else who wants to do it with me.”

She then stands up and walks a bit to the camera. “So, I guess my work is done here, I’m off to the bar to get some drinks, would you like some Pétra? Or can I go just on my own?” Pétra on the stage after the booth for the points then comes into shot with a somewhat irritated look on her face. “Marijke we talked about this, you come up here and do the points with me, don’t go to the bar. We’re not finished yet.” Marijke with her bowed to the ground then says “all right mummy, I’m coming.”

“It’s time for Urth to finish voting”, Pétra said. Marijke answers: “So, the countdown begins….

URTH, STOP VOTING NOW”

It is time for the votes of every of the 18 nations on the contest. They will vote following an ascending order, giving 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 points, from the lowest punctuation in first place to the highest one last. Remember that a nation cannot vote for itself! Here is an example:

1 point: Axdel
2 points: Asendavia
3 points: New Leganés
4 points: Kuthernburg
5 points: East Cerdani
6 points: Furnifold
7 points: Valokchia
8 points: Balistria
10 points: Blueacia
12 points: Kyrloth

Urthvision 8 Standings - Google Tabellen.

“Now the moment has come for every nation to share their votes with the rest of Urth” Pétra said. Marijke ends: “Let’s see who will be the winner of Urthvision VIII”
[spoiler]The Urthvision Regulations Committee has the duty to codifie and enforce a set of statutes that all Urthvision Songfestivals must follow. Alterations to these statutes will be allowed to take place twice-annually at pre-scheduled conferences composed of all nations participating in membership within the URC. Participation in the Songfestival does not require membership within the URC, but member nations will be afforded preference when dealing with song order, accommodations, and commercial and broadcast rights.

Membership within the URC is dependent on an annual donation proportionate to the nations GDP but will not recede past 5 million Auroran Standard Kiribs. Those members which donate more than 50 million ASK will be afforded the status of Boardmember, being able to make administrative and organizational decisions in conjunction with other Boardmembers.

Organizational:
The voting system will have participating nations poll their citizens through the use of the television broadcast, using whatever means necessary to collect the votes of the citizens, in the format of a list of all participating nations from first to last. The exact circumstances of the point system will be dependant on the nations participating and will be decided between the URC Board and the host nation.
If a nation that is not a member of the URC wins the contest, they agree on virtue of participation to abide by all rules and regulations the URC enforces and to accommodate the URC Board in planning out the next contest.

All participating nations must donate an amount of Kiribs submitted by the host nation and approved by the URC Board. The host nation must contribute with the 25% of the total amount of the budget, and the rest of the nations will pay the other 75% with an amount proportional to their GDP. The money of the budget will be destined to pay for construction of any necessary facilities, cover expenses for their nations’ entourage, and to collectively pay for prizes and trophies. Below there’s a table with the payments every country must accomplish (OOC note: ignore the “€”, it’s just a symbol to represent a certain amount of money):

The host nation is responsible for the accomodation, transport, security, and successful performance of all participants. URC officials will be present where necessary to ensure all reasonable means are being undertaken to ensure each participating nation is treated fair and equitably.

All performers are required to possess a visa and residence within the nation they represent. Citizenship is not required.

Political relationships are forbidden to take precedence over the festival, as it is a celebration of culture and art. If a participant broadcaster suspends or alters their localized version of the host broadcast, they will be subject to a fine proportional to the changes made.

The host nation must be able to provide the following when selecting a city:

-The chosen venue must be able to house a minimum of 6,000 persons in an arena-style location designed to be able to host concerts.

-The chosen venue must be able to provide reasonable access to restroom, medical, and concessions facilities for all persons and species, whether able bodied or disabled.

-Venues must also be provided for the opening and closing ceremonies of at least 2,000 attendees.

-The host city must have enough hotel and resort space within 2 kilometers of the venue able to accommodate upwards of 5,000 people which include national delegations and press, but also attendees and fans.

-The host city must be able to guarantee the safety and security of participants, members of delegations and guests.

-The host city must have within the city limits a hospital and police organization numbering at least 1,000 officers, robust public transport, an international airport within 10
kilometers, access to reasonable sized roadways, and be able to provide fast and direct transport from each accommodation area to the venues for performance and official ceremonies.

-The host city must provide a recommended exploration program for visitors and performers in order to showcase, promote, and expand the culture, food, industry, environment, etc. of the host city and nation.

-The host city must have a robust broadcast and satellite up-link capability in order to disseminate the contest broadcast internationally.

Musical Performance-

All entered music and their associated contestants must be unique and married in the sense that the work of music is an original composition by the performer.

A musician or composer cannot represent their nation two songfestivals in a row.

The act must not last longer than 6:30 minutes (six and a half) and the music itself may not exceed 6 minutes (six) in length.

Acts must have a vocal component unless they are intended to be performed orchestrally.

All works of music must be of either popular or cultural significance to their nation of origin. The host nation and their broadcast provider will work with cultural and historical experts to determine the eligibility of each song on this parameter. Nations whose first entry are denied will have 1 chance (one) to select a more appropriate musical work.

All vocal components of the musical work must be performed by a live singer. No pre-recorded vocals or lip syncing is permitted unless the vocals are part of an electronically altered component of the piece.

A nation is permitted a non-mandatory one-minute video to preface their performance. The video may only contain content that references the performer and their home nation. Anything promoting tourism, the government, the military, the international or colonial presence of the nation, the current venue, commercial products, etc is forbidden. Any content that is associated with the performers’ prior musical career, or any content that is similar or identical to any music videos or promotional content for the musical work itself is forbidden. All videos will be screened prior to the event. In the case that a nations’ video is found to violate any regulations, there will be no opportunity to submit another.

The chosen musical piece is not permitted to be performed by any artist professionally, from the time it is selected to the time it is broadcast during the contest.

Personnel-

All entrants must be confirmed and endorsed by their national selection committee.

No entrants may have prior issues with law enforcement of any kind whatsoever.

All entrants and their associated entourages will select one of 8 locations to be housed during their stay in the nation. No members of any nations’ staff are to stay in a different location.

A national delegation may not exceed 150 people and may not include more than five security personnel.

All personnel part of the delegation must be critical to the production and presentation of a musical act, including the performers themselves, any stylists, tailors, cooks, chauffeurs, instrument maintenance, dancers, etc.

If a nations’ submission is, for instance, orchestral, and thus the necessary performers exceed the entourage member limit, they will be afforded the total number of performers plus 15 extra spaces (fifteen) in their entourage.

Any personnel associated with a nations’ entourage that commit a criminal offense while visit the city, including but not limited to destruction of property, operating a vehicle without the associated license, consumption of a controlled substance while operating a vehicle, illegal acquisition or possession of a weapon, inhabiting the sovereign area without a proper visa, murder, assault, sexual misconduct, vandalism, public nuisance, poaching, libel, invasion of privacy, theft, burglary, possession of an illicit substance, malicious destruction of environment, animal cruelty, littering, obstruction of justice, verbal assault with intent to disparage race, species, culture, ethnicity, sexuality, financial situation, gender, intelligence, or dress, and all other codified infractions and felonies within host nation law will be arrested, detained, prosecuted, sentenced and served to the fullest extent of sovereign law.

Waivers concerning personnel issues and all other legal documentation can be found below.

Broadcasting-

The host nations selected broadcast provider maintains complete control over the broadcast and all aspects including preproduction, production, postproduction, editing, scripting, commentation, documentation, dissemination, commercial time and advertisers, guest selection, performance order, opening, closing, and intermission presentation, etc.

National broadcasters that receive the feed will be responsible for translation and localization of on-screen text.

Film and news staff are not permitted to cover the presentation of musical acts. They will be permitted to broadcast their own coverage of the red carpet and closing ceremonies only.

All broadcast equipment and dissemination methods must be cleared with the appropriate law enforcement and broadcast provider beforehand. Any unauthorized broadcasts or equipment will result in the ejection of the nations delegation and their forfeiture of the contest.

All news or film staff wishing to cover their nations performance and activities will be included within the 150 person limit.

All news and entertainment broadcasts must be output through state-mandated lines of communication which will be arranged with the broadcast provider beforehand.

No foreign news or entertainment firm is permitted to broadcast any footage shot by a tourist, citizen, participant, staff member, or diplomatic personage until 1 week after the official broadcast of the contest.

All entities wishing to film or otherwise broadcast content covering any person from their nation, or another participating nation, or the host nation, must submit the associated legal documentation that this person or persons gave explicit consent and otherwise understand that their likeness will appear on national and international television, no matter what they may be filmed doing.

Waivers concerning broadcast rights and all other associated legal and corporate paperwork can be found below.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Players are allowed to submit a performance from ONE of their nations, or as a corporation. If they submit multiple proposals from multiple nations, one will be chosen arbitrarily.

The video you submit must be of a musical work. Preferably the video will be of a live performance to allow voting players to understand the dynamic of the music when being performed on a stage, but a video of the composition alone is also permitted.

Your submission cannot exceed six minutes. The Shorter the Better. CAVEAT: If your song is part of a larger video, please indicate the timecode of where it stops and where it ends to help determine if it fits the length requirements.

Your submission must have been conceived or otherwise recorded in the last 40 years. This does not mean the version of the music itself, but rather when the original version came into being.

A preface video is not necessary

Submit your content by a forum PM or by a Discord DM to Blueacia.

Your submission must contain a link to a Youtube, Dailymotion, or Vimeo video of your musical act, the name of the song and the performer, and some information about the artist and/or the song.

Any questions can be asked both the hosts (Blueacia and New Leganes) or in general by Discord.
[/spoiler]

[broadcast 1344-sh-21-19.29.51]

Tesara Nira
Sund! Hello! Tesara Nira here, live from the beautiful city of Azmarin Zlovskavaar, Kyrloth! The Board of Elections is a bit busy at the moment since we’ve got an election in a few weeks, so we’ve recruited the third-year Mathematics and Statistics students at AZU to set the whole thing up and make sure it’s as accurate as possible!

(the camera pans to a group of university students eagerly watching a screen; what they are looking at is not shown to the camera, but they won’t take their eyes off it for a second. Suddenly, they all cheer; Zlovskavaar United have scored a try)

Tesara Nira
And the results are in! Congratulations to Nine from East Malaysia! Keep on performing and making new music!

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/download/file.php?id=601945
“Welcome back to this special live Peregrin IDOL, I’m your host Steven Maxwell, featuring all the performances from Urthvision 8, brought to you without commercial interruption by the Series Z Gaming Notebook by Advan. ‘Don’t just buy electronics, buy from the Leader of Electronics. Advan Electronics.’”

Gesturing to the screen behind him that showed all the performers side-by-side, “The end of this spectacular competition of eighteen nations across Urth but only one can win. Voting just opened seconds ago and you can vote now on pidol.em, by text message to 4365, or calling by 362-321-IDOL, 362-321-4365 and standard text message and data rates apply. Voting will close in 30 minutes and let’s hear from our judges on tonight’s performances. I’ll go to you first Cynthia.”

“Here we have the top artists and all of their performances showcase why they are the best in their respective genres in their nations. I have an idea of who the majority of our population will vote for but I don’t want to sway any vote so I’ll talk about the one they can’t vote for but wish they could. Nine’s performance was great! I was here during his Idol days with NXT. His Codexian is almost flawless but I still prefer his non-Codexian."

“Alright Cynthia. Don’t want to influence the voters. I see, I see. Next is to you Knight.”

“Amazed by every performance. I would have loved if I had the opportunity to be there in person. This was East Malaysia’s first time working with sending someone to Urthvision and I hope the government will continue to support this. We get to expose the world to our artist and East Malaysian’s get to see new artists. You don’t have to know the words to understand music. Absolutely beautiful."

“Still no spoilers. Looks like our judges are keeping their lips tight on their normal criticisms," Steven said as he was looking over at their performers and pointed at the judges, "better keep an eye out on this group next week, get your tissues ready. Okay Alan, our biggest critic. Got anything for us?”

“Always Steven. More fireworks, water launchers and shiny outfits?" Alan said as he shrugged and crossed his arms.

Steven shrugged into the camera, “guess Alan isn’t feeling himself tonight either. Well folks, you still have several more minutes before voting ends. Vote now on pidol.em, by text message to 4365, or calling by 362-321-IDOL, 362-321-4365 and standard text message and data rates apply. This special live Peregrin IDOL has been brought to you without commercial interruption by the Series Z Gaming Notebook by Advan. ‘Don’t just buy electronics, buy from the Leader of Electronics. Advan Electronics.’ We have just enough time for last weeks winner to preform for us and the results will be revealed right after this. Stay tuned!”

CC for English

THE RESULTS

[spoiler]1 point: Balistria 26,190
2 points: Masceola 99,742
3 points: Axdel 100,258
4 points: Pakitsk 126,581
5 points: Duelland 150,547
6 points: Kyrloth 400,589
7 points: Kuthernburg 790,844
8 points: Tivot 925,654
10 points: Asendavia 990,895
12 points: New Leganés 1,083,965
[/spoiler]

A general screeming could be heard all over New Leganés when East Malaysia gave Baréi’s song 12 points, remarking also the great audience Urthvision has among Cukishes.

Pétra then continued: “I think the next country to vote is New Leganés, but we don’t receive any calling. Then we should keep going on with the other votes until…”
Four people arrive unexpectedly to the stage of Porósin, not letting Pétra end the sentence. The crowd went almost crazy when they arrived, as these four were Qúns & Tribárne. “You guys shouldn’t be on the stage, you have to announce the votes of New Leganés! Moreover, you didn’t let me end my sentence!” Pétra said. Qúns answered: “Don’t get mad with us, Pétra, it must have been difficult for Marijke to get along with you, you’re always acting like my mum when I was 10. By the way, hello mommy!”. Pétra got blushed, but Qúns tried to solve the situation: “don’t hate her, guys, she is a wonderful woman, and has helped us so much with the preparation of the sharing of the votes. She only tries to present herself as if she were tough, but she definitely is not. She can tell you the worst jokes you’d ever heard…” Pétra interrupted Qúns: “Let’s end once-and-for-all this embarrasing moment. Why have you entered here?” “Well, we could have called, but we thought that, as we were going to announce the votes outside Porósin, we could simply enter and visit these two beautiful presenters and these amazing Urthvision fans”.

“Good evening Urth, we hope you have given many votes to our beloved Baréi!” Gamína, the band’s singer said. “You are waiting for the Cukish points, so now you are going to know them. We have them wrapped in this envelope, let’s see what I find”. Gamína opens the envelope and shows the points to the band and the presenters. "So let’s tell Urth the points!:

1 point is going to… Axdel!
2 points are given to… Valockhia!
3 Cukish points are sent to… Masceola!
4 points have a flight with destination… Furnifold!
5 points are almost arriving to… East Cerdani!
6 points go to the nation of the lovely Marijke, Blueacia!
7 points are on the road to… Kuthernburg!
The third most voted nation, so the one which gets 8 points, is… Asendavia and their amazing Peppers!
The second song with most Cukish votes and the one which earns 10 points, is… “Keep On”, the incredible song of Nine from East Malaysia!
Finally… Yeah, you all know what’s now. 12 points, the highest points from New Leganés, go to the nation who got most votes. That nation is… Tivot!!!"

“Congratulations to “You”!!! I mean, congratulations to Julius and Lydia for giving many of us goose gumps with only a piano, a violin and a voice, congratulations to Tivot, and congratulations to all the organizers of this edition, from both Blueacia and New Leganés, for making an edition Urth will never forget!” Qúns ended.

After that, Qúns & Tribárne ran out of the stage, before Pétra could give Qúns a slap on the nape.

Andddddddd Welcome to a special edition of Duelland TV! I’m Chris Cain and after seeing all these Urthvision 8 performances, it’s time to vote! The people of Duelland now you vote for your favorite song or performance!

We will be back!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Now the results are in! Let’s start with…

1 Point goes to:  Xagrurg
2 Points goes to: Kyrloth
3 Points goes to: Axdel
4 Points goes to: Furnifold
5 Points goes to: East Cerdani
6 Points goes to: Zukchiva

7 Points goes to:  Kuthernburg

8 Points goes to East Malaysia

10 Points goes to: Balistria

And 12 Points goes to: Asendavia!

The people of Duelland have spoken and these are Duelland results!
Congrats to all who have been voted by Duelland fans.

The screen turns into the colors of the Blueacian colors, then the flag makes way for Kimerbly Tomme, people start screaming
Hello, here Labia Cue calling. goodnight/morning or afternoon everyone who’s watching at home and in the stadium.

Before I give my points I want to thank everyone for the lovely show. I also want to thank everyone who voted for Laurens and me last edition which meant that we were the winners tied with New Leganés of that edition.
I would also like to thank all the new countries for joining this edition, with your addition to the line-up the show has taking a turn for the better and the Urthvision Songfestival is going now to a lot of countries on Urth. This makes the show not only longer but also makes it more diferce.

Well without further ado here are the Blueacian points:

In punt - one (1) point goes to Kyrloth, who normally get Blueacian middle points or somewhere about. shame they didn’t get more votes.
Twa punten - two (2) points go to Axdel, me personally liked the trombones.
Trije punten - three (3) points go to Pakitsk, which had ofcourse to be 5 points seeing the song is about the number five
Fjouwer punten - four (4) points go to Marijke’s favorite act: Bag Moe from Fedele.
Fiif punten - five (5) points go to someone special who everyone knows. I ofcourse mean Momma from Kurthernburg
Seis punten - six (6) points go to the drag king and probably the song with the best story Valokchia
Sân punten - seven (7) points go to Masceola, people quite liked to know that the sunwas coming :wink:

And now we make our way to the Blueacian top 3:

Acht punten - eight (8) points go to the down to earth song of Tivot.

Tsien punten - ten (10) points go to Furnifold, I think there were also some votes for them from Bluecia to say “thank you for last edition”

And finally our
Tolve punten twelve (12) points go to, how could it not be. Our twelve points go to the best singer AND dancer of the night Beréi from New Leganés.

And this concludes the voting from Blueacia. Goodnight everyone

Marijke then said “Lets get a quick break now we had 5 countries voting, and see how the standings are now.”

“As you can see the host of this edition is agian in the lead with 31 points.Closely followed by both Asendavia and East Malaysia with both 30 points.
Also no country is at 0 points anymore, and where is Blueacia?” Marijke starts looking from the top for her country… then she realizes it’s third to last starts to mumble something in Blueacian then she says “Well come one people don’t forget to vote for my country, we or at least I want to win it a second time.”

Then Pétra steps in and says “Marijke, are you done? we need to continue with the points now.”

Votes from the Valokchian Representatives have submitted their results!

1. Tivot
  2. New Leganes
  3. Axdel
  4. Zukchiva
  5. Xagrurg
  6. Masceola
  7. Furnifold
  8. East Malaysia
  9. Duelland
  10. East Cerdani

Broadcast direct from EANN…

Anchorman Ivan Polinkov, EANN’s head anchor, is broadcast on the screen standing outside of a large building.

“Greetings from our EANN home here in Tarov, Tivot! We’ve just got our votes from around our little city counted up, and the results are in…”
A dull little graphic pops up on the screen, showing the results:

“…and it looks like we’ve got our winner! With over a third of the vote, Nine from East Malaysia, takes the number one spot! Congratulations Nine, and thank you, our audience, for tuning in!”

The broadcast ends.

"Aaand the peoples votes for Axdel are in! Lets see them up on the screen shall we!

“One point goes to the ‘Red Hot Chilli Peppers’ of Asendavia,
Two points go to ‘Julius Fabulicus and Lydia Sterikov’ of Tivot,
Three points go to ‘Safa al-Saba’ of Balistria,
Four points go to ‘Marii K’ Valokchia,
Five points go to ‘Inspirationally Grown Boys’ of Zukchiva,
Six points go to ‘Baréi Góler’ of New Leganés,
Seven points go to ‘Big Moe’ of Fedele,
Eight points go to ‘King’ of Kuthernburg,
Ten points go to ‘Kenny Means’ of Duelland,
And last of all, twelve points go to ‘Nine’ of East Malaysia!”

“Thank you everyone! We hope you had a great time seeing all of this legendary musical talent at this edition of Urthvision because we sure did too! Hope to see you all next time!”

The representatives of the Furnifold Urthvision Regulations Committee sat in their office in Accoco, Furnifold. It had been a few hours past the deadline of the nations to submit their votes to the Urthvision VIII. As customary in Furnifold, the officials would wait a few hours for any last minute calls from other countries and their Urthvision representatives. The calls usually concerned the matter of gifts given to Furnifold in exchange for “voting the correct way.” This particular Urthvision was a little bit different, in that the calls from other nations came much earlier, but today, there had not been a call.

“This is so strange,” remarked one URC representative to the group. “We sent out the details of Furnifold’s cultural situation, other nations know that Furnifold needs an influx of cash in order to continue competing in the Urthvision competitions… do they not realize that hosting Urthvision V was very expensive? After all the bribes to government officials had been paid off, Furnifold’s URC is badly in debt!” She shook her head, despondent as to the future of Furnifold in the Urthvision. “I mean, look at these votes! Naturally, Axdel would win the competition based on votes alone, but this doesn’t even reflect the typical lobbying we come to expect. Why are the calls not coming in?”

As if on queue, just as the committee was packing up, the phone rang. The representative railing against the lack of contact, taking her time to pack up, quickly ran to the phone to answer it.

“Furnifold Urthvision Regulations Committee, this is Carol, how can I help you?”

“Yes, you want us to place you in the Top-10? In exchange for an investment into Furnifold’s cultural center? We would be happy to do that for you! Thank you so much for your generosity!”

Out of excitement, Carol, the URC representative, slammed the phone down. She yelled out of the office for the other representatives to come back in.

“Guess what? We got one! For an investment into Furnifold’s Urthvision Cultural Center in Accoco too! We’ll need to send the ‘updated’ results to our graphics department, to change the graphic, and get me some of that Akevitt! It’s time to party!”

Whooping and hollering, the Furnifold Urthvision Regulations Committee members left their office, Akevitt in hand, ecstatic that they were able to secure funding for Furnifold to continue competing in Urthvision for another cycle.

The graphics team released the results to the public, to much excitement, as a full fifth of the population of the country had voted. and they were able to vote for their favorites, without any knowledge that any sort of vote-rigging had taken place…

Xagrurg - 1 point
Zukchiva - 2 points
Blueacia - 3 points
Kyrloth - 4 points
Pakitsk - 5 points
Kuthernburg - 6 points
Balistria - 7 points
Tivot - 8 points
New Leganes - 10 points
Axdel - 12 points

"Welcome back to this special live Peregrin IDOL, I’m your host Steven Maxwell, and we’re now in the results segment of Urthvision. If you missed the show you can now watch it with limited commercial interruption presented by Annie’s Coffee and Tea on our P LIVE channel. Alright Judges, New Leganés, Duelland, Blueacia, Valokchia, Tivot, Axdel, and Furnifold have all voted. Cynthia, what’s your thoughts on how East Malaysia voted and the results so far?

“Oh Steven as soon as I heard Baréi Góler, I just knew that’s who East Malaysia would vote for, and I hope we can have her on our show in the future. For me, I thought the Tivot vote could go either way. NXT has done several concerts in Per but Nine has never promoted alone so outside of a group he is relatively unknown as a solo artist. Overall East Malaysian artist are generally unknown outside of of our immediate neighbors and Tivot. This could be the breakthrough moment for P-Music across Urth.”

Knight continued, “you know I’m not to sure if it could be a breakthrough moment. Sure the results might be an indication but the vast majority of P-Music artist do not sing in Codexian unless it’s a H-Music artist, which they are known across Urth. I’ll have to be on the fence with this one Cynthia. I was actually surprised East Malaysia went with Baréi Góler, I was expecting Julius Fabulicus and Lydia Sterikov, and they did get 8 points.”

“Oh this isn’t a time to have a debate on if P-Music will be popular or not,” Alan interjected, “Asendavia artist in general have always done well in East Malaysia. I was shocked Red Hot Chili Peppers didn’t get the top-top spot. Their album sales are within the top 20, beating out many other H-Music artists, but I will admit we had 2-3 million more viewers than normal. While I had my doubts about Nine going solo, his performance was… satisfactory.”

Cynthia’s mouth dropped open and she turned her chair completely to the right, “SATISFACTORY??? What do you even…” the camera went back to Steven Maxwell, “Well folks, looks like one of our famous debates is about to happen and poor Knight is in the middle…” He said as you heard something crashing down outside of camera view causing a brief cringe as you could hear some yelling, “…of it, which you can view exclusively on our P LIVE channel presented by Annie’s Coffee and Tea. More after this extended commercial break.”

“Hey control guys, stop one moment the callings!!!” Pétra shouted to the Control Area, “nine nations have voted, and it’s time to do a break and take a look at the table. So, come on, show the points on the screen”.

“We have very interesting things to comment here. Nine nations have voted, nine nations are left to vote, and Nine, from East Malaysia, is on the lead with 62 points, 7 points ahead of Baréi and New Leganés, with 55 points. That’s a medium difference between the last winner and the strongest candidate to win until now, not near but not far, so anything can still happen. 12 points below my little neighbour is Furnifold with 43 points, followed by Kuthernburg with 40, Balistria and Tivot with both 39, Asendavia with 35, Duelland with 34 and East Cerdani with 30. That’s a huge and incredible battle on the high part of the table, where positions will probably change all the time before the end of the votes and all of these nations can still have the possibility of winning the contest. We now go to the low part. Although there are nations as Xagrurg, Fedele, Blueacia (the current winner) and Kyrloth, which are not having a good time, Axdel, Zukchiva or Masceola are not far from the high table. Anyway, there are not big differences between countries that are near one to the other and you all should keep watching this amazing edition of Urthvition, in which the emotion remains until the final twelve points.”

“Have you ended with your speech? You say the voting session is being exciting, but you don’t let the nations to keep on with the calls” Marijke said. “Ah, you’re vengative I see, I cut you in the last break and now you do. Okay, you’re actually right, it’s time to continue with the votes. Control, go into the next nation!!!” Pétra shouted again to the Control Area.

1. Asendavia

2. Ballistria

3. Furnifold

4. East Cerdani

5. Kyrolth

6. Blueacia

7. Axdel

8. Fedele

10. Pakitisk
     12. Kuthernburg

1. Tivot
  2. Kuthernburg