Urthvision X

(OOC: Thought this could be a cool idea! Expect the actual Urthvision X very soon!)

On the way to the arena proper, an interactive wall is proudly displayed outside next to the One World Arena sign, so that attendees can scroll through and listen to each live performace:

THE WALL OF URTHVISION WINNERS

[table][tr][td]https://i.imgur.com/i19FY4h.png
Urthvision I Winner Caltharus

[/td]
[td]https://i.imgur.com/vbYYXVX.jpg
Urthvision II Winner Hama

[/td]
[td]https://i.imgur.com/tahNy7Q.png
Urthvision III Winner Free Syllvin

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]https://i.imgur.com/eG7Oyqv.png
Urthvision IV Winner Furnifold

[/td]
[td]https://i.imgur.com/bBlaO3U.png
Urthvision V Winner East Cerdani

[/td]
[td]https://i.imgur.com/AEGlymj.png
Urthvision VI Winner Absurdistan

[/td]
[/tr]

[tr][td]https://i.imgur.com/n2hGCCu.jpg
Urthvision VII Twinners Blueacia and New Leganés

[/td]
[td]https://i.imgur.com/N6YS1ne.png
Urthvision VIII Winner Kuthernburg

[/td]
[td]https://i.imgur.com/M7EXrzY.png
Urthvision IX Winner Tivot

[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

THE ONE WORLD ARENA

THE ULTIMATE MULTI-USE VENUE

The atmosphere was ecstatic. Floods of people were queueing up to the One World Arena, where the tenth edition of Urthvision was being held. The area outside the venue had completely transformed overnight. Initially just an empty plaza, the area had filled itself with a local carnival, an army of food trucks, and countless street performers all trying to cash in on the big event. It was late at night, and the cold winter air was counteracted by the sheer amount of activity going on around. Makeshift stands at every corner were selling hot beverages to passersby, hobstiberry-spiced coffee being a particular favorite of the crowds.

In the arena…

As the seats of the venue were gradually being filled up, background music was being played, many of which being former Urthvision-submitted songs. Slowly, the crowds made their way to their seats, and the background music suddenly stops. The arena goes dark, and after a few moments, a countdown begins on the giant screen above the arena’s stage.

“Hello to all of our viewers in every corner of Urth! Welcome to the tenth edition of the Urthvision Songfestival, live from the One World Arena in Tarov, Tivot! Tonight we have ourselves a diverse selection of music, all from different backgrounds, representing nations from all around the world, all competing for their chance to claim their spot as number one, and of course the honor of hosting the next Urthvision in their home country!”

“First up, we have King Flame representing the United Kingdom for their first appearance on Urthvision! King flame will be performing his new single Ain’t Got No Haters! King Flame initially gained renown as a member of the hip hop group M.I.B in 1985, which gained limited commercial success prior to disbanding 2 years later, but that didn’t stop Flame!. King Flame later formed the group N.O.M. in 1987 alongside 5 other rappers and songwriters from Muzore, Joralesia. He gained extreme notoriety as the group’s primary songwriter and performer, noted for becoming one of the founding artists of gangsta rap, and pushing the boundaries of lyrical content in mainstream popular music, as well as visual imagery in music videos! He would later launch his solo career in 1996 after N.O.M. disbanded. He moved to Aeternum with two ex-N.O.M members and since then have collaborated with some of the biggest musical artists of the 21st century! Good luck to him this Urthvision!”

(OOC: The video below plays on a screen in the background while King Flame actually performs onstage)

“Performing next is Laurens de Moor representing the wonderful nation of Blueacia! Laurens de Moor won her nation’s song competition, called Liet. He did this as a deal with his teachers, he came short a few points to get his degree and the deal was when he would make the top 10 he would get the points to make sure he got his degree. He not only made the top 10 but he won the competition so he got enough points for his degree. His song ‘Losing Game’ is about someone he loved at a younger age, this girl overcame cancer twice but it sadly returned a third time. This time the girl (or woman at this point in her life) lost her fight and Laurens wrote this song in her honor. He performed it for the first time at her funeral which was one year ago. He hadn’t been singing it in public after the funeral. Once he sang it in an empty classroom when a teacher walked by. The teacher heard Laurens sing the song and then they came up with the idea. Since he won Liet he was an automatic qualifier for the next edition of the Urthvision Songfestival! Good luck to you Laurens!
(OOC: If you can’t watch the video below, try this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMUubd1g69U)

“Up next we have the band Jegern, best known for their Norgveltian folk songs! Whilst not as famous as other international phenomena, they hope that they will grow in popularity after Urthvision! The band’s biggest, wish, however, is to just have a good time performing for us all tonight. The song Jergerne will be performing for us is called Liten Fuggel, a song about a bird flying with its wings, and a human appreciating it, allowing that bird to fly to even greater heights! Well that’s the literal translation anyhow. The true symbolic meaning is about being free, letting yourself go, and being who you are meant to be!”

The announcer turns the microphone over to Eldar Bjørnson, and asks, “Anything you’d like to say before your big moment?”

“Even if we don’t win, we are just happy that we could be on this great contest!”

Turning the mic back, she says, “Well Tivot is glad to have hosted you here, and I wish you good luck! Without further ado, I present to you Jegerne and their song Liten Fuggel!”

(OOC: Takin’ a quick change of POV, switching to EMA’s performer Leah Jo)

Leah Jo couldn’t believe she won four tickets from P LIVE, that were in the pit next to the stage, to Urthvision. She only entered the contest because plane tickets from East Malaysia are usually cheap round trip to Tivot as airfare was not covered but hotel, food and transportation was included with daily allowances. The only transportation expense they had to cover was when they visited Per the day prior to take a look around at the only non-East Malaysia Peregrin settlement in person as they had only seen videos from the Internet.

They all woke up at 6 AM to have breakfast and to explore the district around the very modern One World Arena for a couple hours before they got in line. They ended up still being a few hours early to get through security and buy some merchandise before the performances started. She knew what artists and bands would be performing, was excited to see all of them, but they were here to see Pinkblack from East Malaysia perform their hit song “Break Your Heart” live for the first time. The group was new to the P-Music scene with only debuting a few years ago from Peregrin Idol but their edgier sounds were more internationally popular than the average girl group pop sound.

It only took an hour to make it through security then to the ticket booth to get their wristbands. The stadium was bigger on the inside than it looked from the outside and was lined with merchandise and food booths all the way around. They had just found a “Peregrin-style” food booth after they purchased a lot of merchandise to grab a bite to eat before the doors opened for admission. The food was okay but she mentioned to her best friend that she didn’t find the “Peregrin” in the “style”. Too spicy, red meat on the menu and no Hobstiberries but she had seen a Annie’s Coffee & Tea booth earlier and they decided to grab a Hobstiberry flavored coffee before they went in.

They were having a great time singing along with all the artist, recording and posting on their social media accounts. Finally when it was Pinkblack’s turn she switched over to her P LIVE account to livestream the performance as she also started singing along and screaming the girls names as her phone’s camera focused in.

(OOC: Switching back to the original POV)

“And up next, from the beautiful island nation of East Malaysia, please welcome Pinkblack performing Break Your Heart!”

“Up next we have Everything Everything! Everything Everything is a Kyrlot rock band from the inland city of Erith. Since their formation in 2009, they’ve released three albums - Drop Dead, Line, and To The Gates - all of which have seen high levels of critical and commercial success! Their latest single, Cough Cough, reached number two in the Kyrlot Radio Charts, and has been nominated for three KRCAC awards, for ‘Best Single’, ‘Best Rock Single’, and ‘Most Innovative Lyrics’! Truly a musical force to be reckoned with!”

“Next up we have the nation of Rijelv making their debut appearance here on Urthvision, with Hans Shneider and his band Sod, Gusts, and Flame performing his funky song Remember?”
“Performing for us next is Alex Robinson with his song Where They Did All Go? Alex was born in Lusto, Masceola in 1992, growing up with a single mother who worked 2 jobs and raised him as an only child. His childhood years were not all so bad, however, as he grew up in a supportive and friendly community that helped him during school and he grew up with a great group of kids his age. As he got older he grew special bonds with most of them and even discovered how to play music with a certain group. By 15 he was in a friend band that would play at local city events, but it wasn't until he was 17 that he gained certain recognition, and at 21 he released an album called "Yentaana" which was quite successful, making him popular throughout the country! He currently has 4 albums published and 2 more on the way!"

“Next we have False-Hearted Love, a 1984 S-pop song written and performed originally by Setznan singer Mariya T. Yamashita. It was covered and included in her husband, Tatsu Yamashita’s 1989 live album, ‘Giddy with Joy’. Since then, False-Hearted Love has always been a hit in Setzna and online. The band accompanying Tatsu live is his own band, Sugar Cube, which was formed in 1982. With all the original members and Tatsu himself as lead vocalist, False-Hearted Love is brought back onto the stage for the whole of Urth to see!”
(OOC: No joke I scoured the internet to find an adequate live version of this song, but alas no such beast exists)

“Next is Void Heart with their song Hate Will Prevail! An alternative, industrial punk rock band from the frigid south of Axdel, Void Heart was formed in 2015 by college friends Klemens Martini, Matthias Haroldsson, and Othello Fontana. A young band, they became instantly popular with their hit single, 'Dispose', which saw performances all across Axdel. Their popularity continued to grow with the release of their first EP, 'Desustain', which saw tickets sold out within days at its debut in the Euclid Stadium in Andel, and was later a key act at the SavA music festival in Soltan City last year. Some people are uncertain about the bands prominent anti-capitalist elements, though they have told us that they're "full of colour and smiles" being here in Tivot, and that they are "here to sing about the peace and love on our continent!" ʷᵃᶦᵗ (OOC: If you can't view the video below, try this instead: https://youtu.be/-ELSP8zqhXo?t=5)

Coming up next is Miké Nózhne singing La Venda! Miké was born in Privetia Taurillien, in the neighbourhood of Klína. Klína is well known for being a place frequented by several remarkable famous people of the world of music, cinema and culture in general. Morover, he and Emáli “E” Dúrne, the New Leganes performer on Urthvision VI, are cousins and have good personal and professional relations. It seems like he was bound to be in the Urthvision stage someday.

He started studying guitar a piano as a child, always supported by his parents. Then studied Primary Education Teaching at the Taurillien University and began working as teacher. Having focused on education, he surprisingly returned to the world of music, this time as singer.

Miké tried to enter Cukishvision with three different songs, all of them composed by himself. One of them, “La venda” (“The blindfold” in English) passed the cut and he entered in the contest. Not being one of the favourites at the beginning, he and “La venda” finally won and were elected to represent New Leganes in Urthvision X.

Miké brings us a song that talks about how every one of us is strongly controlled by a routine and lifestyle that “makes us blind”. As the main part of the song says, when that blindfold falls, “only happiness is left” and “you will be the one that you wanted to”. The Cukish singer wants Urth to throw out their blindfolds and enjoy the party he brings to Tivot, as well as making New Leganes winner again as it was three editions ago.
(OOC: If you can’t view the video below, try this instead: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x799hq4)

“Representing Asendavia is Katrine Lindahl performing Dawson’s Christian! Originally written by Hallvard Frostad in 1987, Dawson’s Christian was written as part of the filk movement, the unique combination of elements of folk music with science-fiction. Written to be reminiscent of many stories of ghost ship stories, Dawson’s Christian immediately blew up in Asendavia, exposing much of the population to the filk genre.”

“Next up is Lord! A native Yor band, Lord rose to fame with their album Pure Cocaine Going platinum in 2017. Blood And Glory, along with several of their other songs have shot the band to world-renowned status!”

“Performing next is Furnifold’s own The Nurdz with their song Better Lost! Furnifold’s submission into Urthvision was a major upset, as Acoco-based The Nurdz came out of almost nowhere to win the Furnifold Regional Talent Competition. Even harder to believe was that no more than two months ago, The Nurdz was the backing band for a touring pop artist. The band took that clean pop style and spruced it up with big reverb drums to enter in the Regional Talent Competition with the song “Better Lost,” which proved immensely popular and propelled them to the top. Now, here at Urthvision, The Nurdz are performing their very first serious show!”

The arena goes dark. After a few moments, the screen fades on, and begins playing a video…

From the dense jungles of Shango emerged the winner of the Vekaiyun Cultural Music Festival (VKTES), Batkonga, sung by the veteran Akyala Imlestravi. Emerged is certainly an appropriate label in this sense, as Imlestravi and her patented brand of fiery Walelan beat hailing from the eastern coast of Shango took the festival by storm and narrowly edged Ekali ne Strali from Listonia to advance to Urthvision. This is the first time Shango won the event, and it couldn’t have come from a more deserving artist. Imlestravi arrived on the scene some thirty years ago with a desire to popularize Walelan sound over the more lucrative Vekaiyun-Shango creole music. A three-time platinum artist, Akyala Imlestravi performs her hit piece for Urthvision: Batkonga, a song sung in native Shangoese. Per Imlestravi, the tune is about the ubiquitous nature of music. “Whether I am in my native Shango or zooming through a pin-drop Listonian field to a macho concert, I ear-see music everywhere,” she informed V3 News during an interview shortly after winning VKTES. “It breathes all around us - from the roaring thunder to the tiny insects that scatter about. There is a beat that exists in all things. Batkonga is about listening with the ears and interpreting with the noggin. It goes in, and then it goes inside you.” The veteran lemur continues to dazzle audiences with her unique sound, which will now be performed on a worldwide scale for all to hear.

A moment after the video plays, the announcer says, “Presenting our last, but certainly not least contestant, Akyala Imlestravi performing her song Batkonga!”

"Well ladies and gentlemen, we've seen each and every Urthvision submission! Now it's the world's turn to decide who will win this edition of Urthvision! I certainly cannot wait to see who wins this edition!!! I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the voting system, but here's how it goes..."

The announcer explains the Urthvision voting system…

“Alright, all that’s left is for each nations’ population to vote for their favorite songs! Good luck to all the contestants, and may the best song win!”

(OOC: So there are a total of fourteen songs, and each nation is entitled to points.

Each nation will assign points to each song as follows:
20 points to the national winner
18 points to 2nd place
16 points to 3rd
14 points to 4th
12 points to 5th
10 points to 6th
8 points to 7th
7 points to 8th
6 points to 9th
5 points to 10th
4 points to 11th
3 points to 12th
2 points to last place

Once every nation votes (unless you miss the voting window), the total number of votes for each song will be tallied up in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VyJ_F3QceWeXec2860uVpaAMqD8d7JXM5krRO2LQ_9I/edit?usp=sharing

IMPORTANT: Voting will last until MIDNIGHT PST JUNE 23RD!!!)

“Alright folks, voting ends in about 15 minutes, and this is your final reminder that you can vote now at pidol.em, by text message to 4365, or calling by 362-321-IDOL, 362-321-4365 and thanks to our sponsor E Wireless, a Phelps company, the nation’s leader in affordable wireless, standard text message and data rates have been waived,” Steven Maxwell said in the camera.

“You might have noticed we did something a little different this Urthvision. We gave our wonderful judges a little vacation time because your votes are between you, the viewer, and the contestants of these wonderful nations that decided to participate. I can tell you, they’re are having an interesting time, and want you to join them. You can see their adventures on our exclusive P LIVE channel right after the results are announced.”

“In the meantime as voting closes… how about we have a special live performance from a group many of you know?” he asked the audience, which received screams of excitement, “I hear we’re excited for this part. Here to perform their latest single from their soon to be released album, here’s XXIV!”

"Wow! What a performance! Thank you XXIV!" Steven said as he clapped with with audience as the stage screen changed to show all the Urthvision X contestants with a paused 30 second timer. "Well look at the time, results are in, 30 seconds on the clock. Stay tuned for the results from East Malaysia, represented by the you, for Urthvision X. Don't forget to switch to our exclusive P LIVE channel for more XXIV after the results. I'm Steven Maxwell and thanks for watching."
https://youtu.be/izciD1woi40

[broadcast 1345-sr-30-11.34.51]

Tesara Nira
Sund! Hello! My name is Tesara Nira and I’m coming to your screens live from Azmarin Zlovskavaar, Kyrloth! The Board of Elections is busy setting up all the logistics for the upcoming Provisional Elections for the Kireitan Administrative Region, so we’ve drafted in the third year Maths and Stats students from AZ University to make sure all the numbers are correct and everyone gets their points! And we’ve told them not to https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/urthvision-viii-t15884.html#p207788 instead of counting the votes this time.

(the camera pans to a group of university students all around a large flat-screen TV. The display is pointed so it’s facing away from the camera, and it probably doesn’t contain statistics. One of the students looks towards Tesara and the camera.)

AZU Student
Don’t worry! The rugby season ended last week. We’re watching the football instead!

(before Tesara can react, the points appear on the screen.)

(OOC: Vekaiyu isn’t in this competition; Shango is :P)

[spoiler]https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/download/file.php?id=602021
[/spoiler]

https://youtu.be/qMTb6MmsMWc

(OOC: if the youtube link doesn’t work) Urthvision

From New Leganés to Urth
Cukish points on Urthvision X
Brought to you by… Pétra Méde and Hléni Fréra

“Come on darling, I’m presenting the Cukish votes, don’t call me now!! See you tonight, jáni védek.” Pétra hadn’t realised the beginning of the retransmission, so even when she spoke in whispers, the whole Urth could listen her. After she was told that the retransmission had begun, she showed herself shocked and finally started.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Petra+Mede+General+Views+Malmo+Arena+Sweden+saIKmK9TjAAl.jpg

"¡Riés nátu vedérek, nacióner Úrthle!
¡Buenas noches, naciones de Urth!
Good evening, nations of Urth!

It’s me, Pétra, striking back on Urthvision! And you can imagine that the person I was talking to is my boyfriend. So hey, social networks, you have material to make memes during the following months. Well, let’s get out of this. The reasons you see me on your TVs can be two: New Leganés won the previous edition and I’m hosting this one, or I am going to announce the Cukish points of the one now taking place. Sadly, I’m not here for the first reason (hopefully I’ll be in next edition). You could think, looking at the background, that I am on a big stage, and you could think I am in Porósin, the venue of Urthvision VIII. Well, this background is actually a chroma key (don’t think we are already prepared for hosting next edition): I’m gonna clap twice and this chroma key will fall." When Pétra clapped and the chroma key fell, Porósin could be saw on the background and a well known singer appeared:

“Nobody expects a Cukish surprise in Urthvision!”

After Pétra had laughed in such an evil way, Hléni started her part. "Good evening Urth people and nations, I’m Hléni Fréra, the previous New Leganés performer on Urthvision! It was not actually a surprise, as the Cukish votes are usually announced by the last Cukish entry on Urthvision, but Pétra will always be Pétra and Pétra’s brilliant ideas. Don’t misunderstand me, she’s such a lovely girl behind that movie character.

Anyway, I’ve just told you the reason why I’m here, so let’s go with the Cukish points on Urthvision X!!! Before that, must send my biggest congratulations to the Tivot organisers of this incredible edition! Must say as well that this time the top positions have been, more or less, well defined for the Cukish voters, but the last have been pretty tied, so don’t think they’re the worst entries, they’re just the less voted. Good luck to all the performers, and now, here come the VOTES!!!

Unfortunately, 2 points go to the wonderful performance of Alex Robinson from Masceola!

3 points are the amount given to the creative song of Setzna and Mariya!

4 points from New Leganés are on the way to Furnifold! They’d better not get lost.

5 points go to Ain’t Got No Haters, the song of King Flame from the United Kingdom! Can’t get that song out of my head.

6 points are given to one of the newest nations here: they go to Sod, Gusts and Flame from Rijelv!

7 points go to the heartbreaking Pinkblack and the nation they come from, East Malaysia!

The Cukish 8 points have a folk sound! They are given to Jegern, the performers from Norgsveldet!

10 points go to the incredible deep voice of Lord, from Yor!

12 points, which in previous editions were the highest amount of points that we could give, go to Akyala Imlestravi and our neighbours, Shango!

14 points go to a strange sound but deep meaning song from Axdel and Void Heart!

And now… we go into the top three!!!

16 points, and that means the Cukish third position, are on the way to the incredible story translated into the music language by Katrine Lindahl. I’m talking about Dawson’s Christian, the entry of Asendavia!!!

The second position, with the huge amount of 18 points, go to a catchy rythm and to even more catchy lyrics. They go to the creative song of Everything Everything, from Kyrloth!!!

Sometimes in your life you’ve probably had a déjà vu. This one is not a déjà vu, it’s real: it’s the second time in a row that our highest amount of points, 20, go to Blueacia!!! Congrats to Laurens, his performance made my skin bristle and made me get emotional in every single second. He and Blueacia really deserve such an amount of points."

"Congrats again to Blueacia for taking again the highest points and to Tivot for this wonderful edition! Now it’s time to continue with the other nations’ votes, so we have to say goodbye and go. Have some affairs and boyfriends to deal with.

Good evening, good luck, and see you in Urthvision XI!!!" Pétra ended.

“GOOD EVENING URTH! I’m Ragnar Ivarson and I’ll be the one to announce the Norgsveltian points” Ragnar yelled as he was waving the Norgsveldet flag

“As always i must say we are happy to be here and that so far this has been an wonderfull evening! The music, the energy the beautiful women!”
“and while I could ramble more and more about Urthvision itself, I know what you guys want to see is the points! So with that said, here is the votes!”

“2 points goes to Axdel and their band Void Heart, getting only 170 000 votes from Norgsveldet”

“3 points goes towards Kyrloth and Everything Everything. Getting 175 000 votes from Norgsveldet”

“4 points goes to Yor, getting 190 000 votes from Norgsveldet”

“5 points goes to Asendavia and their singer Dawson’s Christian, winning the heart of 200 000 Norgsveltians”

“6 points goes to the beautiful girls on Pinkblack from East Malaysia, getting 600 000 votes from Norgsveldet!”

"7 points goes to Blueacia and Laurens, getting 855 000 votes from Norgsveldet

“8 points goes to the nation that Ain’t Got No Haters here, is the United Kingdom! Getting 900 000 votes from Norgsveldet”

“10 points goes to Setzna and their amazing song, that has sneaked their way into 2 000 000 Norgsveltian hearts”

"Now into the top 5… together these nations has gotten 15 million people votes, lets see how they are divided

“12 points towards New Legans, getting 2 200 000 votes from Norgsveldet”

“14 points towards Furnifold’s the Nurdz getting 2 400 000 votes from Norgsveldet”

“16 points goes to Rijelv and their amazing song getting 2 450 000 votes from Norgsveldet”

“18 points goes to the amazing singer Akyala Imlestravi from the dense jungles of Shango, getting 2 900 000 votes from the Norgsveltian people who loved your rythm!”

“But our 20 points goes to… Masceola! You have touched the hearts of the Norgsveltian people, and we hope that If  Alex Robinson ever goes on a world tour that he may perform in Osfjord. You Alex got 4 960 000 votes from Norgsveldet!” Ragnar yelled the last part

Ragnar breaths in and out before he speaks again

“This has been utterly amazing! An intresting fact should be known is that 27% of everyone in Norgsveldet decided that this evening they will watch Urthvision!”

“That is an huge amount but mabye in Urthvision XI there will be more! See you then!” Ragnar says as he waves at the camra

“Okay, the public votes from Axdel have just come in, let’s see the results!”

In last place with 2 points is Katrine Lindahl from Asendavia with ‘Dawsons Christian!’ Shame, I personally liked their entry!

In 12th place with with 3 points is Alex Robinson from Masceola with ‘Where did they go!’

In 11th place with with 4 points is Pinkblack from East Malaysia with ‘Break Your Heart!’

In 10th place with with 5 points is Jegern from Norgsveldet with ‘Liten Fuggel!’

In 9th place with with 6 points is Miké Nózhne from New Leganes with ‘La Venda!’

In 8th place with with 7 points is Laurens de Moor from Blueacia with ‘Losing Game!’

In 7th place with with 8 points is Sod, Gusts and Flame from Rijelv with ‘Remember!’

In 6th place with with 10 points is Lord from Yor with ‘Blood and Glory!’

In 5th place with with 12 points is Mariya T. Yamashita from Setzna with ‘False Hearted Love!’

In 4th place with with 14 points is Everything, Everything from Kyrloth with ‘Can’t do!’

In 3rd place with with 16 points is Akyala Imlestravi from Shango with ‘Batkonga!’

In 2nd place with with 18 points is The Nurdz from Furnifold with ‘Better Lost!’

And In 1st place with with 20 points is King Flame from the United Kingdom with ‘Ain’t got no haters!’ Give them a round of applause!

The public have made their decision… The votes are in…

First up, in last place with two points, the strange but inspiring Lord from Yor. Unlucky! 13th!

3 points to Kryloth who scored 12th!

4 points to 11th, who are none other than Setzna!

5 points to 10th, Blueacia! A nice try! Well done.

6 points to the great song to represent New Leganes - sitting at 9th!

7 points to 8th, Asendavia! It was a great song but not what everyone in the audience was looking for!

8 points to East Malaysia who score 7th!

10 points to Furnifold who score 6th!

12 points to 5th place… Norgsveldet! Congratulations!

14 points to the amazing Masceola!

16 points to the amazing debut song from Rijelv, 3rd place!

18 points to 2nd place, the genuinely awe inspiring song from Shango! Well done!

20 points to the best song sung by Void Heart, Hate Will Prevail! What an AMAZING song! Our biggest round of applauds!!

After a much debated and prolonged election, the votes are in! 
20 points to Furniford
18 points to Shango
16 points to United Kingdom
14 points to Norgsveldet 
12 points to Blueacia 
10 points to Kyrloth 
8 points to New Leganes
7 points to Axdel 
6 points to Asendavia 
5 points to Rijelv 
4 points to Setzna 
3 points to Yor 
2 points to East Malaysia

Congratulations and goodjob to all of the representations from each nation!

An excerpt from next week’s edition of The New Furnifoldian Times

Business analyst and professor at Manleh College, Ifranda Deneski, is one of Furnifold’s foremost experts in futures investing. He has predicted many businesses going big, and is one of the most sought out consultants for his accuracy of predictions. But, he doesn’t just stick to stock market predictions; he dabbles in other sorts of predictions, like sports, politics, and singing competitions. The latter is very interesting, because he holds the honor of correctly predicting Furnifold’s vote placements for each of the past nine Urthvisions. “It’s really quite simple,” he said to The New Furnifoldian Times in an interview. “My algorithm for business success can be tweaked for things like competitions. Instead of setting money as a dependent variable, we set votes as the variable. Some other variables get tweaked in the model, and then we run it, and boom, the output has been correct almost every time.”

Almost every time warrants an explanation. “Yes, almost every time.” Ifranda laughed. “Sometimes it has come up with some wild assumptions, like the first place vote actually turns out to not even be in the top ten. There actually seems to be some sort of bias with how the first place vote is calculated, and that is something that I and my team are still working on.”

Well, if the professor’s model is not picking the correct votewinner, then what is the value in it? “See, the other places are correct at least 3/4ths of the time. The remainder of the places I … well, I basically guess. For example, in Urthvision X, my model is predicting that Furnifold will vote for Setzna in the top ten. Knowing the culture of Furnifold and having data on the people that vote in the Urthvision, I don’t think that will happen. So, instead, I predict that Setzna will finish with three points.”

Okay, so what about the rest of the model, everyone wants to see this prediction. Ifranda chuckled a bit and said, “Tell you what, I have a real flair for the dramatic. Why don’t I release my predictions to you five minutes before Furnifold results are made live?”

So, here we are, five minutes before the results are released, pouring over Ifranda Deneski’s predictions. The results come in, one place at a time, from lowest to highest. The United Kingdom is called, for two points. Looking down at the professor’s model results, the United Kingdom is in 13th place. Okay, not the hardest thing to predict. The next result is in. It’s Setzna with 3 points. “I moved that one from 10th to 12th.” Ifranda remarked to us. Next was Axdel, with 4 points. Yup, that is what the professor predicted too. Then came East Malaysia, Asendavia, and Yor, for 5, 6, and 7 points, respectively. The professor picked all of them. “We’re really taking the voting population out of these results, aren’t we?” The professor guffawed, in love with his joke, and in love with our slowly-building looks of shock on our faces.

Masceola with 8 points was next, just as the professor predicted. Norgsveldet came up with 10 points. The professor stopped us there, briefly. “I have been right about the bottom eight. But I want to admit that the top five was very tricky for me to predict. The model had some output that I ended up switching around.” Now it is up to the professor’s finger on the dial of pop culture, which we believe he seems to have a pretty good handle on.

In fifth place, with 12 points, was Kyrloth. The professor breathed a sigh of relief. “Phew, I moved that one around three or four times!” In fourth place, New Leganes, with 14 points. Ifranda nodded, his face betraying the immense amount of pressure he was under. “I might be sick after we are done here,” he nervously chuckled. “This is nervewracking. What if my clients lose faith in me if I get something wrong?”

We don’t think you have anything to worry about, professor. The top three results were called out, and the professor got the placements right! He jumped in the air, hands flying up and almost hitting the ceiling. “By far the toughest Urthvision I have predicted!” He exclaimed. “the model did not have Shango in third, with 16 points, but I had confidence in myself and I had to move it. I took a good hard look at the top two positions, which the model correctly predicted, and I just did not know. Ultimately, I went with my gut, and felt that Furnifoldians would be voting for Rijelv’s submission a little bit more than Blueacia’s. So I gave Rijelv the top spot, with 20 points, and Blueacia 18.”

Wow, simply amazing. The professor predicted them all correctly. Investors take note, he seems to be a savant at the futures prediction game. What does he think about the eventual winner of Urthvision. “Well, my model has a certain country winning, but my gut says that it’s actually going to be a different one.” He sheepishly replied. “This just might be because I really like New Leganes’ submission though…”

Maybe the professor is right about the ultimate winner, or maybe he will be wrong. But, to have gotten close to 100 of Furnifold’s placements correctly across all the Urthvisions is still an amazing feat. When the next Urth sports competition roll around, we’ll be sure to contact Professor Ifranda Deneski again.

20 points to Rijelv
18 points to Blueacia
16 points to Shango
14 points to NewLeganes
12 points to Kyrloth
10 points to Norgsveldet 
8 points to Masceola 
7 points to Yor
6 points to Asendavia
5 points to East Malaysia
4 points to Axdel
3 points to Setzna
2 points to United Kingdom

Shango has cast their vote for Urthvision X! While the nation of Shango tends to keep a pulse on music generated within their own borders, the same cannot be said for music outside of that group, for the most part. Nevertheless, the denizens had a desire to expand their pallets, so they took a plunge and listened with their large, triangular ears (for the most part - there are of course other species present within their borders). They then voted with whatever media device was available.

The following are the results from Shango (top fan comments on Yesasi, an entertainment website in available in Unonian, are provided)

2: East Malaysia (TOP COMMENT: “The world outside of the Shango is a inside-outside place! What are those ladies doing with their hips all gyrating and moving like motos?” - Riyna Ayestruve, teacher)

3: Axdel (TOP COMMENT: “I felt unclean eye-peeping this, and my ears hurt after ear-hustling to it” - Sayli Letrovi, writer)

4: United Kingdom (TOP COMMENT: “He seems mad in the noggin. I can relate to that.” - Frankyo Struvikali, bus driver)

5: Kyrlot (TOP COMMENT: “I think his voice be crackin’. Only Shango has talent!” - Kiveli Strakirestre, sculptor)

6: Masceola (TOP COMMENT: “The beat is off-beat. It be like a child with a wooden spoon.” - Reko Soyavistre, scientist)

7: Yor (TOP COMMENT: “Was she in pain when she sang this song? Are her teeth pounding?” - Daszo Stroykari, urologist)

8: Furnifold (TOP COMMENT: “Better Lost? Did they come up with the name while sky-braining?” - Ehjy Reyuso, talent acquisition)

10: New Leganes (TOP COMMENT: “I liked the message. Breaking a routine is useful in increasing productivity and helps make moments more memorable.” - Eulo Travoli, philosopher)

12: Blueacia (TOP COMMENT: “He has pipes like the Church of the Seven Sacraments!” - Ankya Ilyastroviyey, biologist)

1. Norgveltian (TOP COMMENT: “They strum like the string-things like it is part of them, like in some kind of operatestme!” - Floria Emlestruve, dancer)

16: Asendavia (TOP COMMENT: “I like Filk! It’s mondo diffo, very intere-testing.” - Xa Ylatroseri, producer)

18: Setzna (TOP COMMENT: “The chords are beaut, and the synth is perfecto! I feel like I’m wheel-steering on an open road in Wombo Lombo! You can ear-splain the passion in their voice, and the beat is absolutely thick with a saxophone added in like a fine spice!” - Yva Imlastrovi, international singer)

20: Rijelv (TOP COMMENT: “I felt like dancing on the bus! Then I stopped when it started to get mad rocking.” - Tomasu Ilyastruvari, salesman)

Following a period of voting held by the Asendavian Ministry of Culture, the results have arrived!

2 points to Kyrloth
3 points to Yor
4 points to New Leganes
5 points to Masceola
6 points to Setzna
7 points to Rijelv
8 points to Blueacia
10 points to Shango
12 points to East Malaysia
14 points to Furnifold
16 points to Norgsveldet
18 points to the United Kingdom
20 points to Axdel

After a few bouts of voting, the Rijelvan votes are in!

2 points goes to Kyrloth!
3 points goes to Yor!
4 points goes to Masceola!
5 points goes to East Malaysia!
6 points goes to the United Kingdom!
7 points goes to Furnifold!
8 points goes to Norgsveldet!
10 points goes to Axdel!
12 points goes to Asendavia!
14 points goes to Blueacia!

Onto the final three…

In third place, and with 16 points goes to Setzna’s Tatsu and his rendition of False-Hearted Love!
In a very close second place with 18 points, goes to Shango’s Akyala Imlestravi and her song Batkonga!

…and our 20 points goes to New Leganes’ Miké Nózhne and his song La Venda! Congratulations on taking first place in Rijelv!

(OOC: VOTES ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED, THE RESULTS OF THIS URTHVISION ARE BELOW)

Congratulations on Shango winning this edition of Urthvision and the opportunity to host the next edition! We can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with!

(OOC: Thanks to all who participated! I really enjoyed doing this Urthvision, hopefully you guys did too!)