Urthvision XIV

From the lands of water and fire, where the cold wind and currents mix with the direct heat of Tep,
songs and dances of joy are brought all around Urth.
They bring a clear message to all peoples: it’s time to get together and join the everlasting party of friendship.

URTHVISION
IS BACK IN
NEW LEGANÉS

OOC

From this moment and until December 20th, the submission period is open. Any roleplayer is welcome to participate in the contest with one or two nations and their respective entries, via a link to YouTube or the video platform where the video is posted. The entries shall be preferably live and less than five minutes and a half long, while the name of the song and artist, as well as a brief info about them, shall be indicated. The entries and the required info about them must be sent to the host of this edition (AKA myself) via Discord PM to #SammyNL1059. I will revise them with the Urthvision Songfestival Rules Commission (URC) and check they fit with the requirements. If there’s any problem with the entry, I will inform about it. More detailed info next:

[spoiler]Songs Not for Reuse (SNFR):

• Winning Songs.

• Songs sent by nations still active on the map.

Songs for Reuse (SFR):

1. Must be a nation removed from the map.

2. 10 editions must have passed.

3. The same video nor venue can be sent.

Players can submit a performance from 2 of their nations/territories but they will not be able to give each other a top 3 vote or 8, 10 or 12 points.

Artists sent by existing countries can be sent by another existing country with permission of the player of the original country, UVSF Rules Commission (URC) or International Events Committee (IEC).

Your submission cannot exceed five and a half minutes. If your song is part of a larger video, please indicate the timecode of where it starts.

Songs from any year are acceptable. A preface video is not necessary.

The video you submit must be of a musical work. Preferably a live performance to allow voting players to understand the dynamic of the music when being performed on a stage, but a music video or the composition alone is also permitted.

Your submission must contain a link to a YouTube, Dailymotion, or Vimeo video of your musical act, the name of the song and the performer, and some information about the artist and/or the song.

Submit your content by a forum PM or by a Discord DM to the host. Any questions can be asked to the hosts or in general on TEP Roleplay Centre.

Winning songs from nations that have been removed on the map are still SNFR and the nation is considered existing in the white space of the map.

[/spoiler]

Námi vedérek!! The Cukish Commitee for Urthvision is more than glad to announce the following to all the Urthvision contestants and fans around the globe:

After the proper voting by the members of the Commitee, the venue for this edition will turn to be the most used venue in Urthvision history. This means Porósin, the venue of Urthvision VIII, will repeat this time!!! Its capacity has grown since the eighth edition, reaching a total of 16,000. As this edition will be focused, among others, on innovation, we will be bringing a brand new staging that combines a whole LED treatment to increase the spectacle possibilities, with an avant-guard design that symbolizes how Urthvision is focused on originality and innovation.

https://ocioenleganes.es/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/La-Cubierta.jpghttps://static.eurovision.tv/hb-cgi/images/8d9179c9-9ee5-49ff-9743-e72b787a8104/hero.jpg

Our next announcement is who will be the presenters of this edition. Well, they are pretty well known for any Urthvision fan, and we just work to accomplish the fan’s will. Hence, we are delighted to announce the come back as presenter of Pétra Méde, one of the Urthvision VIII presenters and, since then, presenter of all the votes of NL in the following editions!!! She will not be alone: Máne Ferméli, the Cukish entry from Urthvision XII, will be joining her!! You will have for sure an edition full of spectacle and fun.

We shall also welcome the sponsors of this edition, which will be, hold on, https://tep.wiki/wiki/Sami themselves!! One of the biggest music companies will be joining the organization and providing us with the necessary resources to make this edition the most wonderful, spectacular and full of musical quality you can ever attend to!!! Keep an eye, because Sami also implies renowned artists, and there might be some surprises in that sense in this edition…

And… Last, but most important, we are glad to announce the countries that will participate in this edition. We cannot be more thankful that, overpassing the previous record, which was, again, in Urthvision VIII, this edition will have the presence of… 39 nations!!! This means more than double the amount of the previous record, and also the first time that it will be necessary to hold semifinals. There will be two semifinals, of 17 nations the first one, 16 nations the other one, and 10 nations from them will qualify to the grand final. The other 6 nations will automatically qualify to the next round: these are the current winner, New Leganés, and the other top 5 countries from the previous edition, Blueacia, Vivancantadia, Great Morstaybishlia and Tivot. The sixth one is our special invitee nation, which will not be disclosed until their time in the grand final comes…

Performance position
First Semifinal
Second Semifinal

Tennabroch
Ziaarat

Emberwood Coast
Fortuna

Ayaupia
East Cerdani

Tuvaltastan
Petra Cauda

Arkalarius
Iphelklori

Durakia
Asendavia

Alyunthia
Tavari Union

Nagato
Valerica

Sokala
Tawuse

Osterlicsh
Peregrinia

South Peragen
Alksearia

Veutoa
Dragonia

Meagharia
Zukchiva

Kyrloth
Libertanny

Acronis
North Ethalria

Oceansend
Varleuteiche

Votes in First Semifinal
Votes in Second Semifinal

Vivancantadia
New Leganés

Great Morstaybishlia
Tivot

Special Invitee
Blueacia

The Semifinals will be held on January 3rd and January 5th, respectively, and the Grand Final will take place in January 7th. There will be no better way to start the year!!!

It’s coming… The event with most nations EVER

Very soon… 38 nations, one winner!!!

https://spark.adobe.com/video/uPSANWqaXcU3s/embed

January 3rd 2021

The time has come. The moment a whole country had been waiting for during two years. The most watched event on Cukish TVs, the event that had reached to collect the most nations ever, had returned to the Metropolis of the Impelanzan Ocean. Privétia Tauríllien is now the only city on Urth to have ever hosted more than one edition, as New Leganés had been the first country to ever have two wins in the contest. When Ltxemxein Sarvis was declared winner in the previous edition, Prítau witnessed a party that lasted day and night in the main streets and avenues of the city, with people celebrating both in balconies and in the streets themselves and the four Commonwealth Towers exploading in fireworks.

Now, Porósin is opening its roof to the dark blue of the Cukish skies at night. The biggest show on Urth starts!!!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

https://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Petra+Mede+Mans+Zelmerlow+Eurovision+Song+SNG_jTgbGLdl.jpg

RYÉS GAFÉ VEDÉREK, NAFIÓNER URÇÁLE!!
¡¡BUENAS NOCHES, NACIONES DE LA URTIA!!
GOOD EVENING, NATIONS OF URTH!!

“It’s been real long, two years, but, finally… 
We’re back in New Leganés again!!!”

The crowd exploaded, shouting in happiness. “But this is not only a Cukish contest. Among all these wonderful people in Porósin, we can find the whole Urth present with us. The number of countries has grown in such a way for this edition that it’s impossible to enumerate all the origins of the 15,000 people present here tonight. 38 nations!!! Who could imagine this awesome contest would grow so big!!!”

Another explosion by the audience interrupted her. “But we haven’t even presented ourselves to the world!! Most fans of this contest will probably know me already: I’m Pétra Méde, host of Urthvision VIII and of all the Cukish votes ever since! And who’s this amazing singer I have next to me, you may ask?” “Don’t ask anymore, I’m Máne Ferméli!! You may remember me from two editions ago, in Norgsveldet. Well, time for you to know me again as host!!”

“What is a New Leganés, my precious?” Pétra asked. "Not sure either. Some say it’s a bunch of islands in the middle of nowhere, others say that here kiwis fly and people speak weirdly… I actually like this one: it is said that we’re in a land of heroes. But, overall, I think this is a land for everyone, a place that connects waters, continents and peoples. The perfect land for a worldwide contest like this. Privétia Tauríllien, or Prítau, as we call it here, is just where all the essence of New Leganés gets together into a single 3 million people city. A city made for all Urth, without distinction. The motto of this edition, Istárema Véri, means “We Are Family” in Cukish, and that’s the message we want to send all around Urth: let’s come all together and celebrate what unites us, with our music as the symbol of love, peace and joy!!

This contest is the event for everybody, no matter origin, species or age. In a world constantly suffering from pain and conflict, we need to call for union and peace through ways as music. Children are suffering of these troubles even when we don’t notice, and we must highlight them as the heroes they are, making them happy and full of illusion. The children that have been with me in the performance come from multiple countries around the world, and are also of different species; they’re amazing and I’m sure they will be superstars with time."

"As you already know, this is just the first day for this contest, because the amount of nations is so large that we’ve needed to make two different semifinals!! You won’t witness the amazing Póra in this semis, because, as New Leganés is the current winner of the edition, she has got a direct ticket to the Grand Final. Only 26 nations will be in the final, and they are about to be defined in the upcoming semifinals, so we cannot do another thing than thank all the nations that have joined this contest for the first time, the ones that are again on it and to wish the best of lucks to all of them!!!

I think the best one to start this brand new format of the contest is you, Máne. I’m very glad to give you such a honour." “Huh, look, are you humble for once?” “Don’t get me started Máne: just take it!!” "Okay, Petroomer.

Before starting, there’s one thing I will note again: there will be two nations, directly classified for the final, voting in this first semi, which are the country placed third in the previous edition, Vivancantadia, and the one placed fourth, Great Morstaybishlia. Additionally, our Special Invitee country, also classified for the final, will be able to vote in this semifinal, if they consider so. And now, let’s start with the show!!!

First Semifinal

The country that will open the contest is new to it: Tennabroch!! They come to this contest with “Rum” by Alestorm. Alestorm is a multi-national heavy metal band originally from Vicksburg, Tennabroch. Their music is characterised by a pirate theme, and as a result, they have been dubbed a “pirate metal” band by many critics and their fanbase. The group currently consists of vocalist Christopher Bowes, bassist Gareth Murdock, drummer Peter Alcorn, keyboardist, and vocalist Elliot Vernon, and guitarist Máté Bodor. Alestorm - Rum - Live at Wacken Open Air 2013 - YouTube

Your turn now, Pétra." "Yayyyyy!!!

Now we move from Tennabroch to the Auroran coast. But not a normal, boring coast: an amazing Emberwood Coast, which come to Prítau with Bridged by a Lightwave, a song that came out a few months ago by an artist named Cirrus that lives in South Aura!! They were present in the first edition of Urthvision ever, and we’re so happy to see them returning after so much time!!" 

“Time to visit now a country whose capital, Cayoo, is family, because it’s a sister city to Prítau!! We’re talking about Ayaupia, whose singer is called Avana Rosa, and her song is “Ain’t your mama” (following the verses). She made this song along the feminist movement spreading in Ayaupia, denouncing the stereotypes and gender roles sadly still present in the country. She is also an artist rising in popularity, especially among the youth.” 

“And now Aurora comes again to the stage!! The next country’s song, A House in N’orlinsi by Khutarseba, was written first in 2016; hence it had been around for a while before it had made it big in their nation. Khutarseba had already broken apart by the time it had made the Tuvalt Top Ten. About regret and misery, the song is about a man going to a brothel and by doing so ruining his life for the rest of his days. The song warns other men like him to stay away from the House they call the Rising Sun. Turn now for Tuvaltastan, another amazing and beautiful country on the coast of the Continent, yes, of the Rising Sun!!” 

“The next entry comes from a northern country, new to the contest: Arkalarius!! They come with Krachmund, a popular Staynish/Arkian pop band, and their song All Star. It was originally conceived for Urthvision, but no matter which song wins, it becomes a smash hit around the world!!” "And I don’t doubt so, Máne. 

Also from Novaris, now comes a nation which has been very present in the last Urthvision editions. We’re talking about Durakia, and their song Armhyr!! “Armhyr” was a song written by Durakan Band “Braun Hoba” in 1997, becoming an anthem of the post Meremaa Anti-War sentiment in Durakia. The lyrics are taken from anecdotes of some of the band members, telling of the pro war sentiment that seemed the soread across their generation, before their opinions shifted as they grew older, living their lives and forming friendships and families of their own, whilst hearing the horrors of war." 

“And we keep on with the new participants: this time, Alyunthia and K/DA!! Alyunthia’s investment into creating a pop idol group has turned out to be a success. In a bid to continue to subtly spread their matriarchy ideology, the Baddest is a pop song that displays what an all female idol group can do and to show what a woman can do when she takes the lead, while the man takes a backseat “where he belongs” according to this view.” 

“And before we take a break, the following nation will be Nagato!! Their entry’s performers will be SONIA who are a Genesi/Nagatoian pop duo from Taniguchi, South Genesis and Greenwood, Nagato that formed in 2019. The group consisted of Sonia Dawn (songwriter, vocals, and drum machine) and Rosa May (songwriter and vocals). After a chance meeting at a club in Greenwood, Dawn and May created SONIA after they flipped a coin to see who the newly created band would be named after. They released their debut album “Wonderland” on April 18, 2020, and that album includes the song they bring to us tonight, Love Will Leave You Crying.” “However, we hope this song leaves you partying instead!!” 
[spoiler]SONIA - TEPwiki
https://tep.wiki/wiki/Love_Will_Leave_You_Crying
Wonderland - TEPwiki
[/spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6goxnK3-XY

“And we come now to the first interval of this edition!!! As many of you probably know, this edition is sponsored by a very special company, one that today is all around Urth leading the music industry, but has its beginnings in our Prítau. We are talking about Sami RS!! We have the pleasure to have them sponsoring the contest, and they bring us tonight an artist that is very well known by both Cukish and Peragian fans: Rosalía!!! She was born in Arsal, one of the major cities in South Peragen, but spent there only a year until her family moved to Privétia Tauríllien. She has ever since lived here and here started studying music, while she grew to the Conosian and Mernian culture of her parents. That configurated what her style would turn to be: a combination of the Cukish pop sounds with the Mernian singing style. She is herself a fusion of cultures, what Urthvision precisely is meant to. To this mix of cultures contributes Vratur, born in Cabo Espartal, Shoneria, with Ayaupian parents from Opapocia. He started in music very soon, and his growing fame made Sami be interested in his talent. He gives the Ayaupian touch to his songs, with catchy rythms taken from the music he has been in touch all his life with his family. With their last song, “Yo por ti, tú por mí” both have earned top 1 in the charts of, among others, the countries they’re related to: South Peragen, Ayaupia, and New Leganés.”

“Come on Pétra, look at the crowd. Don’t you read it in their eyes? Take this glasses for a moment, please.” “What are you doing, Máne? I can barely see nothing!!” “Oh, hold on, I forgot to open them”.

“Start with the intervals” can be read on the glasses. “You’re nasty, Máne. Why can’t you simply tell me?” “I… well… Okay. It’s funny, have to admit.” “Who do you think you are? Marijke? I thought that not hosting with Blueacia would bring me some peace at last. Anyway, let’s continue with the show, I’ll talk later to you, little child. We have now the pleasure to present you the interval act with Rosalía featuring Vratur, brought to you by Sami RS!!”

[spoiler]https://smoda.elpais.com/moda/rosalia-video-actuacion-mtv-vmas/
[/spoiler]

“And we’re back in the contest with Sokala and Jay6!! “If I die, it’s with you” is a song written by James Nitsuki also known as Jay6. The song was written after a public breakup with his girlfriend in 2019. The song snagged the 10th spot in the Sokalan Top 100, beating out previous Urthvision participants like Mossa Maguro!”

“The next performance comes also from Arcturia: Osterlicsh and 99 Bleiballons (‘99 Lead Balloons’), performed by Gina Böhm!! Gina is an Osterlicshian star, having been on the national charts for the last fifteen years. She rarely leaves her home nation for world tours and is said to enjoy recording from her rural home. 99 Lead Balloons is a satirical song about streetlamps on Nationalstraße (National Street) in the capital city of Ansdorf, which look like large balloons and are made of lead. The song talks about how they observe the various important figures who transit on Nationalstraße, including politicians, and watch over the country. The song initially met some criticism in the implication that the country is only kept safe by streetlamps, but was overcome by the song’s popularity.”

“The next country is where Rosalía was born, South Peragen!! They enter for the first time in the contest with Hijo de Olune, by Vandi. The Arsalian artist sings the Myth of Albino, a traditional song which explains the origin of Olune’s phases. This myth narrates how a homosexual couple of Mernian ethnicity tried to have children in a natural way, so one of them prayed to Olune to get that child. In exchange, Olune demanded to get the child back, and she doubted about the real love they would have for a son if they were willing to abandon him. The child they got was Albino, with pale skin, opposite to the brown Mernian skin. As the child seemed more from Encruña than from Merna, they accused each other of the couple of cheating until one murdered the other. He took the child to the mountain, abandoned him there, and, finally, Olune got her child back. So when Olune is full is because the child is happy, and when decrescent because the child is sad so she makes a cradle in the shape of a C.”

“Time to cross over the Impelanzan Ocean to reach Veutoa!! They enter for the first time in the context with Kuvkhen Hakvanas’, “The eight hundred battles” originally by Khuvnati Beton and performed by Ivanskurve Kirkanyes. It’s based on the time where Veutoa was in constant conflict, in the week from February 8th to February 15th, 1904. 853 nations constantly fighting against each other, not giving up, attacking once again with thousands of losses. Ivanskurve was born in 1972 and is one of the most prominent singers of Veutoa.”
[spoiler]Skirmish at the front, Bavelian forces on the hunt
There’s a thunder battle in the east, it’s an attack of the deceased
They’ve been facing poison gas, 10,000 charge en masse
Turn the tide of the attack and force the enemy to turn back!

And that’s when the battles were fought again

Deaths on, then and again
Attack of the dead, thousand men
Facing the led once again
Hundred deaths, charge again, die again

800 nations at war, west against the east
Move in 30 batallions large, into a Bavelian counter-charge
They’ll be fighting for their lives as their enemy revives
Noone won’t surrender, no, striking fear into their foe

That’s when the dead men are marching again and again
That’s when the battles were fought again
[/spoiler]

“Meagharia is the next nation to come, after they joined for the first time in the previous edition in Acronis!! Seán Diarmada brings us Danny Boy: Seán was a high ranking officer during the civil war, his son died in the capture of burnside, literally the last action of the war, this song is about him greiving his son and how now he will never be able to live in peace with him.”

“Next to Meagharia comes a well known Urthvision participant, Kyrloth!!! Hailing from the coastal town of Vaarisvalla, this singer-songwriter has been a frequent sight on the official Kyrloth Radio Charts. Her eclectic mix of instruments, lyrics, and big-sounding music meant that when the disco craze arrived on Borea’s shores in 2015, she was one thousand percent ready. Here with the lead single from her fifth disco album in as many years, this is Kaili, performing Say Something!”

“The next song is a previous Urthvision winner, in fact, the directly previous to New Leganés. This is Acronis, the artist is Oda Lita and the song is “Levitating”!! Oda Lita is an up-and-coming Acronian pop star inspired by the Acronian underground synth-pop music scene. She is said to be a personal favorite of the current Prime Minister, who attended an Oda Lita concert in Zaram last year.” 

“And the last entry of this first semifinal is… Oceansend and Lindsey Stirling!!! Lindsey is an Oceansend violinist, songwriter, and dancer.  She presents choreographed violin performances, in live and music videos found on her official channel, which she created in 2007. Stirling performs a variety of music styles, from classical to pop and rock to electronic dance music.  Aside from original work, her discography contains covers of songs by other musicians and various soundtracks.”

“This has been the first semifinal of this edition and also of the whole Urthvision history!! We cannot be more happy to be the ones to bring you this for the first time. But we’re not finished: half of countries are still to present the whole world their songs, which will happen in two days, and it’s also time to vote!! Take care, be happy and lovely, and may all nations have the most luck possible!!”

OOC: IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE VOTE PROCEEDING

As usual, the procedure to vote will be giving points to the 10 most voted entries by your nation in this order, from lowest to highest: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12. Remember to vote only for the nations in the same semifinal as your nation. There will be, however, an important difference: instead of on the thread itself, as it has been always usual, the votes will be sent to the host of this edition, Sammy, via Discord DMs. That way, the voting process will be secret for the semifinals, while for the Grand Final the usual public vote on the Urthvision thread will be resumed. Voting period will last for a week, until January 15th

January 5th 2021

Second Semifinal

“Námir, istárema veléri!! Welcome back to the global party of happiness, peoples around Urth!! The time has come for the last 10 tickets to the final to be taken by the following participants. These 10 nations will join the previous 10 ones in a final of 26 people, a number, again, without any precedents in Urthvision’s history. It will also be the time when our Special Invitee will be revealed to all the audience!!” “BUT, that hasn’t come yet, Máne.” “Yeah, I still need to suffer this partypooper. In this occasion, there will be three nations already qualified with right to vote: these are Tivot, 5th in the previous edition, Blueacia, positioned 2nd in the same edition. And the other nation is… Look!! Who’s this, Pétra? Exactly, it’s the best nation, New Leganés!!”

The crowd mixed in booing and cheering with the last statement. “Look at the crowd. Don’t you read it in their eyes, Máne?” “Oh no, Pétra, what are you planning this time?” “Your destruction.”

Pétra grabs a remote and clicks the button, so Máne falls into a hole in the ground. "I think I should now laugh in an evil way, isn’t it? Bah, I don’t have that ability, I’m not Jay Em. Anyway, I’ve taken my revenge!!

Oh, hello Máne, you survived? You don’t know how happy I am to see you back again!!" “Yeah, whatever” says Máne.

“So it is time for me now to begin with this semi, I guess. You started the previous one.” “Okay, go on, my head is still spinning” answers Máne. "Nice.

The first nation in this second semifinal comes directly from Gondwana: Ziaarat!! They bring us Radnum Gui with Be Pish, a pop song released in 1982 which became a huge hit."

“Next to them comes Fortuna, with the winner of Liet 2015, Dimmi Di Più (Tell Me More)!! It’s a song by Downtown IFC, which is a recently popular band of a trio of friends from the Imperial Fortunan City. Since IFC is one of the most liberal cities in the nation, they quickly gained popularity amongst the city’s younger audience in 2018. Over the next two years, their popularity has spread across the nation, even gaining support from Second Commander Susan Locke, allowing for them to participate in this Urthvision edition.”

“Now come our western neighbours of East Cerdani, winners of Urthvision V!! Their song is called… Hold on. I need to take a deep breath first. “Aheslabebiladaibigiour”. That’s it. Such an amazing name, honestly: I love it. Robert Stasya and Aksinia Nadezh are the ones to bring it to Prítau, being a well known singing duo in the Cerdani Democratic Republic. They are well regarded for their performative concerts and often comedic lyrics to their songs.”

"The turn now for Petra Cauda, with Salvare l’alba (‘Saving Dawnbreak’)!! Performed by Amedeo Gentilini and the Sovrano Symphony Orchestra, Amedeo is a celebrated national musician who makes frequent appearances around the Auroran continent. His pieces celebrate the beauty of the world that we live in, with particular attention to the places he’s visited and the beauty witnessed there. Saving Dawnbreak was said to have been written after watching a glorious coastal sunrise become gradually obscured with black clouds and fishing trawlers. The lyrics exclaim how he wishes to preserve that scene and how his performance could blow the clouds off the horizon.

"Arcturia enters the stage with Iphelklori and The Perfect Ademarmas by Jose Mary Tchan!! “The Perfect Ademarmas” is a song written by Jose Mary, an Iphelklorian native, celebrating the Iphelklorian holiday of “Giving Day” where Iphelklorians around the world enjoy the culture of gift giving, wish making and family gathering. The song has been played repeatedly by Iphelrklorian households every Giving Day since 2018.

“The next entry comes from a kingdom very far in the north, which is Asendavia!! Originally having released in 2015 as part of their Ruby album, Veorra’s “The City” came out to favorable reviews for the time, though it rose in popularity years after the duo split in 2016 for undisclosed reasons. Just for Urthvision however, Veorra has gotten back together to perform “The City”.”

"The Tavari Union joins now the Urthvision stage for the first time in history!! The name of the song is “Praying,” and the artist’s name is Kesha Sebar.  She is known for her powerful voice and her love of both emotional ballads and party anthems. She is the first Tavari artist to ever chart in the Acronian Empire. She reached the top of the Acronian and Tavari charts with this song, “Praying.”

“And, before we get into the interval, we need to welcome Valerica on their first Urthvision participation!! They will be represented by Klava and Enjoy the Silence. “Enjoy the Silence” has risen to be one of the greatest Valerican hits of 2010s, and it restarted the career of Klava, famed boyband of late 90s and early 2000s. It was made as a statement against hatespeech amidst a huge political scandal, in which (for the first time in Valerican history) several politicans were forced to resign due to their actions.”

“Time for the interval… But not a time to rest!! As I’m saying this words, you, the one watching TV, go as quick as possible to the toilet, because I won’t last a lot talking. Now, we have two very special performances incoming!! Do you remember how many times New Leganés has won the contest? Exactly, two. So, if you didn’t remember the songs, really bad done in that case, we have brought here the two winning entries of New Leganés in Urthvision!! The first one will be our beloved Ltxemxein, winner of Urthvision XIII in Acronis, and a performance with different traditional Vivancantadian instruments, where half of his family comes from, and the P-Pop aesthetic he always brings from his Peregrinian half of the family. Now, please, everyone welcome the current winner of Urthvision, Ltxemxein Sarvis!!!”

“Who could be the other one, Máne?” I could never know definitely, Pétra. If you don’t still know, it is Qúns, the DJ who brought the first victory ever to New Leganés, winning Urthvision VII in a tie with Blueacia. Enjoy now a song that has made most Cukish people dance non stop for two years!!!"

"Woah, so great artists we have in this country. And so great artists are coming now after the interval as well. I hope you’ve had a good time in the toilet, and you’ve done it at time to watch the two amazing performances by our winners. But now it’s time to continue with the semis…

“We continue in the contest with Tawuse, for which this is also their first entry ever!! Their song will be Fascination by Alphabeat, a Tawusian powerpop band. It came initially out in Tawuse in 2007 and was quite successful, it’s a song about being young and happy so Tawusian Tea used it for it’s advertisement campaigns for lemon iced tea cause of its upbeat vibes.”

“The next one is a very special for the current winner: Peregrinia, which have sent Sierra Jayne to Prítau!! Sierra Jayne is a popular international solo artist that is also a member of the Jung Imperial Family.  She was born Sierra Jung and did not use her family name in her endeavor to be an artist. She is the niece of the Empress and has a striking resemblance to her aunt. She was discovered from her P LIVE vlog of doing street performances and cover songs. After she signed a record deal she discovered she had song writing abilities and contributes significantly to all of her songs.  Her latest hidden hit and the song she’s singing in Urthvision, Why Do I, is a blues style love song that tells the story of one sided love with a person that left as suddenly as they came into your life.”

“Probably the following artists are the ones that have moved the lowest distance of all, because they’re Les Marines from Alksearia!! Les Marins released a new single in 2019 calling back to the songs of the past, where sailor and pirate would sing a shanty on the sea. After the genre died out for a hundred years, Les Marins brought it back into the national spotlight with their song “Le tradeur”, which they also present to us tonight!!”

“However, these ones have moved a bit further than Les Marines. They are 2CΞLLOS from Dragonia!! 2CΞLLOS are a Dragonian cellist duo, consisting of classically trained cellists, Luka Šulić and Stjepan Hauser.  Signed to Altair Multimedia since 2011, they have released five albums together as well as several solo albums apiece. They play instrumental arrangements of well-known pop and rock songs, as well as classical and film music. The duo performs internationally and has been featured on several Auroran television series.”

“Right from Gondwana, the next artist is Gurthang from Zukchiva and the song “Letting Go”!! Gurthang is a one-person singer rising to fame in the Zukchivan spotlight. An untraditional singer, their music resonates with the growing young adult population in Zukchiva, with many loving his music and some even copying his famous tattoos.”

“The next perfomer comes from a nation pretty near Zukchiva: it’s Willhiámma de Solais from Libertanny!! Their song, The Joy of Leòmh, is both new and old to some extent. This song is old, because it comes from year 1012. It (lyrics) was quite recently discovered in undergrounds of Library of The Sun of University of Port de Solais. It is new to some extent, because the melody was composed in 2020 by Willhiámma de Solais (discovered chronicles were missing any kind of information about the melody). The song is written in Old Leòmh - the first common language for Lowlanders and Highlanders. It was written by the first Highlander tribe, that merged peacefully with the Lowlands / Duchy of Leòmhann. Unlike many patriotic songs, this specific song tells us about joy, peace, wealth and general happiness, that comes from Leòmh (sovereign of first country of Libertanny).”

“Our focus turns now to the heart of Aurora. From North Ethalria, the fabulous Amala Rose is here to give you her best performance!! Born in Wüller during the Grand Matriarchy of Ethalria, she became a singer-songwriter in 2008 and hit fame in 2017 with a chart-topping number one hit in the nation “Death to a Jay”. Related to Prime Minister Clauzia Sarohart, Amala Rose became a Member of Parliament in the Vothetrian June 2019 Election and currently serves as Home Department Minister, though she has taken time out of her position to perform to the wonderful audience of Urthvision! Amala Rose has not revealed the meanings behind her lyrics, though it is presumed that it is in relation to her rough-dealings with her ex-partner Vinzenz Pfeiffer. Here is Payback is a Bad B*tch by Amala Rose!”

“And… Guess what. We’ve come to the last performance of these first ever semifinals, which will be closed by Varleuteiche!! The Varleuteicher singer is named “Clareis Cheuvalei” who is a rising popular artist in west Novaris, especially in Varleuteiche, Arkalarius and Lissia, as she speaks three of the native language from here. This song is her first one, but she is ambitious internationally.”

“Wow, such a great days we’ve had, Pétra. We’ve presented 32 different entries to the world, and I’m still not tired. I want the finals to come so badly.” “You’ll enjoy them, Máne, it’s an incredible experience. But now, people around Urth, it’s time to vote!! We won’t move from here until your nations’ votes start coming. We wish the best of lucks to all the wonderful performers that have put their soul into this, and hope Urth makes the right decisions, as it always does!!!”

OOC: IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE VOTE PROCEEDING

As usual, the procedure to vote will be giving points to the 10 most voted entries by your nation in this order, from lowest to highest: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12. Remember to vote only for the nations in the same semifinal as your nation.
There will be, however, an important difference: instead of on the thread itself, as it has been always usual, the votes will be sent to the host of this edition, Sammy, via Discord DMs. That way, the voting process will be secret for the semifinals, while for the Grand Final the usual public vote on the Urthvision thread will be resumed. Voting period will last for a week, until January 15th

January 7th 2021

The day of the final has arrived. The grand final where the winner of the biggest Urthvision ever will be known. The day when the Special Invitee will join the rest of entries. The day when the music party will invade New Leganés. ARE YOU READY FOR THE GRAND FINAL OF URTHVISION XIV???

[spoiler]First semifinal

Second semifinal

[/spoiler]

“WOW, what a spectacle, such a way to start with this. You’re a great dancer, Pétra.” "Well, I just move my body? Thanks anyways, lovely.

So yeah, welcome to this Grand Final for this fourteenth edition of Urthvision!! We hope this flag parade has put in you the proper hype. The music has been brought to you by some of Sami’s most successful DJs and producers, while the costumes our models have shown you are made of recycled paper, taking ceare of the planet that, as Urthvision, we all share. Welcome back as well to Privétia Tauríllien, which is the first city that ever hosts two Urthvision editions. I honestly think it’s the perfect city for that to happen: I’m actually not a Pritáhwei, I’m from Órna Çéqi, but this city, this diamond in the middle of the ocean, is just the home for everyone in this Commonwealth worldwide known as New Leganés. Actually, maybe some of you at home already know, but New Leganés isn’t the name of this country!! How??? What??? Well, yes, this is the Cooperative Commonwealth of New Leganés, the Oblivion Islands and Shoneria: we’re three different archipelagos, but one single country. You won’t hear a lot of Cukish people speaking about New Leganés because of that reason. However, we still are in New Leganés, because that’s the archipelago Prítau is located in.

From the mythical times of Impelanta and Nepámir, these islands have seen multiple peoples gathering in them. All of them have coexisted and, leaving aside the errors of the past, they’ve worked together to build this beautiful paradise on Urth. Privétia Tauríllien is the example of that coexistence: since the times of the Arsalic Commonwealth, it has been the maritime crossroads between New Leganés, the Oblivion Islands and Shoneria; between Arcturia, Gondwana and Concord. The true center of the net that unites us all. There couldn’t be other city that could have the honour to host Urthvision twice, now being the crossroads of all the amazing peoples and nations that live in this Urth."

“Privétia Tauríllien is a busy city, contrasting with the slow pace the rest of the country has, but that also means you have everything at hand, even in the middle of the ocean. Three million people live here, which is like a third of the whole country population. Every Cukish probably will get to Prítau once in their life, and Prítau will receive them with the most open of arms. The same happens with foreigners: this is a city to create, to build and rebuild. Whether it is business, culture, studies, or simply coming here as tourists, Prítau will make your dreams come true. Visit its beautiful landmarks, from the Tauríllien and Impelanzan archaeological sites to the most modern and tall skyscrapers ruling over the city, where the renowned Cukish investigation and business centers are located. Take a walk along the Órnei Avenue, while staring at the flaming Arcturian sun rising in the morning. Get off the avenue for a moment and step into the Golden Beach to take a relaxing bath in the beauty the Cukish waters are. Engage with the Pritáhweir: talkative, open and lovely people, and feel like one of them. Because all of us here are Pritáhweir: not only the ones born here, but also any person from any species, any country or ethnicity. We are family, or, as we say here, istárema véri: this is not only the motto of this Urthvision edition, but the motto of a whole city and a whole country. And now, fellow istaremári, wherever you are, feel at home: welcome to Privétia Tauríllien and welcome to the fourteenth edition of the Urthvision Songfestival!!”

"It has been a really long way since the first edition of this contest. Even when New Leganés joined only after the third edition, Cukish people have always been interested in this incredible contest, and so I have been. I remember like yesterday when Carl Stonelake from Caltharus, who will be one of our intervals tonight, turned to be the first winner ever. Part of that interest was due to the success the Blueacian contest Liet already had in this country, with several victories from our singers as well. Since the third edition, Cukish entries had almost immediate success until Qúns and Tribárne won in the seventh edition, together with, funnily enough, the country where Liet comes from, Blueacia. Hosting the following edition right here, in this same Porósin stadium, with Blueacia, has probably been the most joyful experience I’ve ever had until now. The lovely Marijke presented the contest with me, and I think she’s still looking for the right place to play the trumpet. We’re big friends since that show, from which two years have passed now, and we’ve been both presenting our countries’ votes since then. I’m sure she will repeat again as Urthvision host, and she will do amazing again. Since then, New Leganés hasn’t gone out of the top 5 in any edition. We’ve tried so hard, and here we are, the first nation that wins twice thanks to an enormous Ltxemxein in the previous edition. Hmmm, I wonder where Litsem is now.

“This is also the biggest edition by far in all the Urthvision history: 38 nations, which is massive, over Urthvision VIII which was the other edition New Leganés hosted. That has made it impossible to host the contest in a single day, so semifinals have been introduced for the first time ever, with a huge success and great audience on TVs. Don’t doubt that this final will overtake the eighth as the most watched event ever on the Cukish TVs: the Cukish broadcaster for Urthvision, LLNTV, has made agreements with all the major TV broadcasters of the country, and this edition is being streamed on every single one of them. Additionally, this edition is being sponsored by Sami, the biggest company in the world for music industry, and also both originally Cukish and with their headquarters in this same city. Both Pétra and myself, as well as the whole Urthvision organization, cannot be more thankful to the incredible efforts all these companies are making for the contest. We must also thank the organization itself, as well as all those people you cannot see on the screen: the workers that tirelessly are making this contest what it truly is.”

“But this wouldn’t be anything without the nations that have joined the context, some of them once more, and some others for the first time. We’ve already seen most of them in the semifinals, with gorgeous entries of which, sadly, some will not be participating in this final. They come here to bring Urth the biggest party that has ever happened in the Sombrero Galaxy, and Máne and me will have the honour to introduce you all to it!!!”

“There will be six additional countries that will join this final, together with the nations qualified from the semis. These are the top 5 countries from the previous edition: Tivot, Great Morstaybishlia, Vivancantadia, Blueacia and… look at that… New Leganés, as well as our special invitee, Infinite Loop. These 26 nations will show the power of their music in order to very proudly say that they won the fourteenth edition of Urthvision. And I cannot wait until that happens.”

“Well, why don’t we start with the final then?” Pétra asked. “You’re complaining about a delay you’re causing yourself!!”

“Look, I have something around here.” Máne started to look into his pocket. “Sweet god, not again” Pétra facepalmed. “Hold on Pétra, it’s something better this time… There it is!! Go to the border of the stage one moment” Máne took a fake pencil from his hand and started drawing on the floor, until “#OkayPetroomer” was visible. “Can’t you stop delaying this contest for a moment?? The whole world is watching us!!” “Ah, yes, and now all Urth knows that Pétra is a boomer.” “I- I… This gets over me. Look back at you!! Oda Lita is almost over the stage.” Máne talked to her: “hey Oda!! You’re lovely. Pétra is as well, but she’s Pétra so…” “So I’m better than you, Máne.” “It’s not really difficult actually. Children, we are the opposite example of how you should be with people. Please, do never turn adult.”

"That’s something we agree on, Máne. But now, let’s allow this to begin for once.

Ryés gafé vederek, nafióner Urçále
Buenas noches, naciones de la Urtia
Good evening, nations of Urth,

and welcome to the Grand Final of Urthvision XIV!!!"

“The first artist to come into the stage is Oda Lita from Acronis, with the song “Levitating”!! Oda Lita is an up-and-coming Acronian pop star inspired by the Acronian underground synth-pop music scene. She is said to be a personal favorite of the current Prime Minister, who attended an Oda Lita concert in Zaram last year. Acronis was the winner of Urthvision XII and host of the thirteenth edition; New Leganés won in that country, and Oda Lita will try to take Urthvision back there!!”

"The next performance is brought to Prítau from Tuvaltastan!! Written first in 2016, this song, A House in N’Orlinsi, had been around for a while before it had made it big in Tuvaltastan. Khutarseba, who will give life to the song, had already broken apart by the time it had made the Tuvalt Top Ten. About regret and misery, the song is about a man going to a brothel and by doing so ruining his life for the rest of his days. The song warns other men like him to stay away from the House they call the Rising Sun.

Honestly, I got goosebumps with those lyrics. It’s somehow a spooky and deep song at the same time." "Now, the turn of Durakia!! “Armhyr” was a song written by Durakan Band “Braun Hoba” in 1997, becoming an anthem of the post Meremaa Anti-War sentiment in Durakia. The lyrics are taken from anecdotes of some of the band members, telling of the pro war sentiment that seemed the soread across their generation, before their opinions shifted as they grew older, living their lives and forming friendships and families of their own, whilst hearing the horrors of war.

Well, that’s what a war is definitely, nothing but horror and destruction. I feel the song shares an important message." “Time to welcome Willhiámma de Solais from Libertanny!! Their song, The Joy of Leòmh, is both new and old to some extent. This song is old, because it comes from year 1012. It was quite recently discovered in undergrounds of Library of The Sun of University of Port de Solais. It is new to some extent, because the melody was composed in 2020 by Willhiámma de Solais (discovered chronicles were missing any kind of information about the melody). The song is written in Old Leòmh - the first common language for Lowlanders and Highlanders. It was written by the first Highlander tribe, that merged peacefully with the Lowlands / Duchy of Leòmhann. Unlike many patriotic songs, this specific song tells us about joy, peace, wealth and general happiness, that comes from Leòmh (sovereign of first country of Libertanny).”

“That’s definitely an emotional song, especially for someone that started studying an archaeology degree and is now presenting a song contest. Music from a millennium ago is now as contemporary as it was back then. But let’s continue with the contest, which now brings K/DA from Alyunthia into this Urthvision stage for the first time!! Alyunthia’s investment into creating a pop idol group has turned out to be a success. In a bid to continue to subtly spread their matriarchy ideology, the Baddest is a pop song that displays what an all female idol group can do and to show what a woman can do when she takes the lead, while the man takes a backseat “where he belongs”, according to this ideology.”

"After this lively entry, South Peragen enters for the first time in the contest and also into a final with Hijo de Olune, by Vandi. The Arsalian artist sings the Myth of Albino, a traditional song which explains the origin of Olune’s phases. This myth narrates how a homosexual couple of Mernian ethnicity tried to have children in a natural way, so one of them prayed to Olune to get that child. In exchange, Olune demanded to get the child back, and she doubted about the real love they would have for a son if they were willing to abandon him. The child they got was Albino, with pale skin, opposite to the brown Mernian skin. As the child seemed more from Encruña than from Merna, they accused each other of the couple of cheating until one murdered the other. He took the child to the mountain, abandoned him there, and, finally, Olune got her child back. So when Olune is full is because the child is happy, and when decrescent because the child is sad so she makes a cradle in the shape of a C.

You know, my grandma used to sing to me the Myth of Albino, she believed strongly in Tunseism. I’m not religious myself, but this song is beautiful and brings me memories." “Look whose turn it is now: it’s Blueacia, our fellow Urthvision VII winners!! Viktoriya is an act by a Blueacian actor and comedian. He decided to join Liet with this song back in 2007 to show how weird the competition has become. People never expected this song to get far in the competition, but the song finished second. The song was an instant classic and is almost more famous than that year’s winner. Viktoriya still shows up at Liet from time to time. The founders of Urthvision, the only nation that has been present in all the editions of this contest, ended second in the previous edition and they didn’t need to participate in the semis. Will they manage to end on the top again? That’s definitely what Viktoriya will try to.”

“Time now for Sokala, with “If I die, it’s with you” by Jay6!! “If I die, it’s with you” is a song written by James Nitsuki also known as Jay6. The song was written after a public breakup with his girlfriend in 2019. The song snagged the 10th spot in the Sokalan Top 100, beating out previous Urthvision participants like Mossa Maguro. Sokala has been present in the last three editions and is managing to get average positions. However, they definitely try to win, and expect them keeping on with their intentions tonight on this final!!”

"A brief song, but a powerful one as well. Talking about powerful songs, it's now Kaili from Kyrloth!! Hailing from the coastal town of Vaarisvalla, this singer-songwriter has been a frequent sight on the official Kyrloth Radio Charts. Her eclectic mix of instruments, lyrics, and big-sounding music meant that when the disco craze arrived on Borea's shores in 2015, she was one thousand percent ready. Kyrloth is one of the oldest Urthvision participants, however they've barely managed to get into any high positions during the contest: that has led to the so called "Kyrloth's Curse". Nevertheless, Kyrloth has turned to be second in their semifinal, and they're now one of the strongest candidates to win tonight. Here with the lead single from her fifth disco album in as many years, and to end once and for all with the curse, this is Kaili, performing Say Something!"
"Such a catchy song from Kyrloth. We move to Novaris now, with Meagharia and Seán Diarmada!! He was a high ranking officer during the civil war, his son died in the capture of Burnside, literally the last action of the war. This song is about him greiving his son and how now he will never be able to live in peace with him. Meagharia brings to Prítau an inspirational song to remember why parents should never see their children die."

“Sometimes a voice is enough to make music. that is one of them. But now, from North Ethalria, the fabulous https://tep.wiki/wiki/Amala_Rose_Ovascar is here to give you her best performance. Born in Wüller during the Grand Matriarchy of Ethalria, she became a singer-songwriter in 2008 and hit fame in 2017 with a chart-topping number one hit in the nation “Death to a Jay”. Related to Prime Minister Clauzia Sarohart, Amala Rose became a Member of Parliament in the Vothetrian June 2019 Election and currently serves as Home Department Minister, though she has taken time out of her position to perform to the wonderful audience of Urthvision! Amala Rose has not revealed the meanings behind her lyrics, though it is presumed that it is in relation to her rough-dealings with her ex-partner Vinzenz Pfeiffer.
Here is Payback is a Bad B*tch by Amala Rose, who represents North Ethalria in Urthvision for the first time!!”

"The next performance comes by Klava from another Auroran nation, Valerica!! "Enjoy the silence" has risen to be one of the greatest Valerican hits of 2010s, and it restarted the career of Klava, famed boyband of late 90s and early 2000s. It was made as a statement against hatespeech amidst a huge political scandal, in which (for the first time in Valerican history) several politicans were forced to resign due to their actions. Valerica also joins Urthvision for the first time in this edition, but they ended second in their semifinal, so we are definitely welcoming to this stage a potential winner!!"

“That song has an aura of mystery I really enjoy. We move now to Oceansend, with Lindsey Stirling representing them!! Lindsey is an Oceansend violinist, songwriter, and dancer. She presents choreographed violin performances, in live and music videos found on her official channel, which she created in 2007. Stirling performs a variety of music styles, from classical to pop and rock to electronic dance music. Aside from original work, her discography contains covers of songs by other musicians and various soundtracks.”

"Wow, Lindsey has literally mastered the tides. Turn now for the Tavari Union!! The name of the song is "Praying," and the artist's name is Kesha Sebar. She is known for her powerful voice and her love of both emotional ballads and party anthems. She is the first Tavari artist to ever chart in the Acronian Empire. She reached the top of the Acronian and Tavari charts with "Praying", and it also made her not only represent a debuting nation in this contest, but also qualify it to the finals!!"

"Such a voice Kesha, wow. This will continue as good with the voice, because it’s the turn of Dhämirië Ich and Vivancantadia!! A Half-Vivanvantadian and Peregrinese singer born in the city of Pirisoril, she grew up not meeting her father so she helped her mother earn money for living, she went viral in a video ‘Girl singing in karaoke’ and has been scouted by talent agencies since then, she grew as one of the famous artists in Vivancantadia. After 4 years of her career, she won Vivancantadia’s first national final, Fëstevaliche Ri Lhangesïus with her song, Sound of Silence, earning four thirty points from five of Vivancantadian juries and gaining the 2nd place at online voting. Vivancantadia ended third positioned in their first entry ever, so they qualified automatically for the final, and they come to New Leganés to continue or even improve that awesome start!!

[spoiler]https://vimeo.com/167104787 [/spoiler]

“We continue now with another nation directly qualified to the final. It’s Tivot, with “Major Tom” by Dverik Bvouishvili!! First hitting the charts in 2019, Major Tom is about an astronaut going up into space, and seeing the wonders of Urth from his spaceship, until the astronaut begins experiencing problems with his spaceship. Tivot won Urthvision X and hosted the next edition, so they do really know how this contest works and how to do amazing performances. I’m sure this one will be as well!!”

"After this awesome space adventure, we get now with Downtown IFC and their song Dimmi Di Più (Tell Me More), from Fortuna!! The Downtown is a recently popular band of a trio of friends from the Imperial Fortunan City. Since IFC is one of the most liberal cities in the nation, they quickly gained popularity amongst the city’s younger audience in 2018. Over the next two years, their popularity has spread across the nation, even gaining support from Second Commander Susan Locke, allowing for them to participate in this year’s Urthvision. This mix of pop and opera earned the impressive amount of 100 votes in the second semifinal, which it won, so, more than definitely, we will be welcoming now into the stage one of the strongest candidates to win this contest!!

So much harmony between three different voices to each other." "Yes, definitely. Now we get into another heavy weight tonight!! It's Osterlicsh, with the song Bleiballons ('99 Lead Balloons') performed by Gina Böhm. Gina is an Osterlicshian star, having been on the national charts for the last fifteen years. She rarely leaves her home nation for world tours and is said to enjoy recording from her rural home. 99 Lead Balloons is a satirical song about streetlamps on Nationalstraße (National Street) in the capital city of Ansdorf, which look like large balloons and are made of lead. The song talks about how they observe the various important figures who transit on Nationalstraße, including politicians, and watch over the country. The song initially met some criticism in the implication that the country is only kept safe by streetlamps, but was overcome by the song's popularity. While Fortuna won the second semifinal, Osterlicsh was the winner of the first one, so get ready for a powerful entry that has high possibilities to be the winner of this edition!!"

“Petra Cauda now brings to Prítau some more opera with Salvare l’alba (‘Saving Dawnbreak’)!! Performed by Amedeo Gentilini and the Sovrano Symphony Orchestra, Amedeo is a celebrated national musician who makes frequent appearances around the Auroran continent. His pieces celebrate the beauty of the world that we live in, with particular attention to the places he’s visited and the beauty witnessed there. Saving Dawnbreak was said to have been written after watching a glorious coastal sunrise become gradually obscured with black clouds and fishing trawlers. The lyrics exclaim how he wishes to preserve that scene and how his performance could blow the clouds off the horizon. While this being their first entry in the contest, they earned a third position in their semifinal which is definitely strong and with some options to have a great position tonight!!”

“We get into Southern Arcturia now: turn for Tawuse, with Fascination by Alphabeat!! A Tawusian powerpop band, it came initially out in Tawuse in 2007 and was quite successful, it’s a song about being young and happy so Tawusian Tea used it for it’s advertisement campaigns for lemon iced tea cause of its upbeat vibes. It will fit perfectly into a contest that precisely tries to bring joy to all the world’s houses!!”

Time to welcome now our Special Invitee, Infinite Loop!! From the northernmost islands of Novaris, they bring to this stage “Mystery Babylon” by My life with the thrill kill kult. It will remind a lot of people of today, everyone wants instant action, deep satisfaction and a spirit that theyll always remember, but unfortunatly due to the core of what makes today today, they get no action, no satisfaction though some of them always remember it, and it just makes them more bitter eay day because they dont have that one little thing, that thing curly had in cityslickers."

“A song to make us think a bit. We’re getting now into the last songs!! The next one is The City, by Veorra from the Yasterian country of Asendavia!! Originally having released in 2015 as part of their Ruby album, Veorra’s “The City” came out to favorable reviews for the time, though it rose in popularity years after the duo split in 2016 for undisclosed reasons. Just for Urthvision however, Veorra has gotten back together to perform “The City”, a honour they’ll do only for the sake of this incredible contest. We cannot do another thing but to thank them and wish them the best!!”

“Zukchiva is the country that comes next to this stage, in the body of Gurthang!! Gurthang is a one-person singer rising to fame in the Zukchivan spotlight. An untraditional singer, their music resonates with the growing young adult population in Zukchiva, with many loving his music and some even copying his famous tattoos.
The song, Letting Go, is about a relationship Gurthang had in the past. He’s singing about how he still feels about that relationship, many years later, and how both him and his partner were trapped in a toxic relationship of their own making. Let’s welcome Gurthang and his tattoos together with an amazing song!!”

"The next entry hasn't had to travel a lot to get here, which is strange being literally surrounded by water. Yes, I'm talking about Alksearia, and their song also talks about water: Les Marins released a new single in 2019 calling back to the songs of the past, where sailor and pirate would sing a shanty on the sea. After the genre died out for a hundred years, Les Marins brought it back into the national spotlight with their song "Le tradeur". Soon may Alksearia come, to bring us all an incredible song. Tonight, when the voting is done they may take Urthvision home!!"

Now, from Great Morstaybishlia, a nation already qualified from the past edition, The Black Curtain stems back from the early 1990s with their hit record “Why, War?” which had its debut on New Year’s Day of 1994 and inspired millions amidst the ongoing Meremaa Civil War. With relatively good fame ever since, the group has toured the world several times and today is a household name of Morstaybishlia. Though the group split up at the start of the decade, they reunited last year and are out to prove to the world that they have still got it.

To this edition of Urthvision, the acclaimed group gives us a strong message about recent events in their home country of Morstaybishlia and the ongoing conflicts of the world that damages who we are as Urthkind. Specifically, as someone that has family in Nocturne, I can relate a lot to their suffering. Terrorism affects us all in some way, and must be eradicated. Without further ado; Where Is The Love by The Black Curtain!
[spoiler]
What’s wrong with the world, mama
People livin’ like they ain’t got no mamas
I think the whole world’s addicted to the drama
Only attracted to things that’ll bring you trauma
Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin’
In the MBE, the big MIB
The Ringos, Kalt Mafia and the NPA
But if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate
And when you hate then you’re bound to get irate, yeah
Madness is what you demonstrate
And that’s exactly how anger works and operates
Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight
Take control of your mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love, y’all, y’all
People killin’, people dyin’
Children hurt and you hear them cryin’
Can you practice what you preach?
Or would you turn the other cheek?
Father, Father, Father help us
Send some guidance from above
‘Cause people got me, got me questionin’
Where is the love (Love)
Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love, the love, the love
It just ain’t the same, all ways are changed
New days are strange, is the world insane?
If love and peace is so strong
Why are there pieces of love that don’t belong
Nations droppin’ bombs
Chemical gasses fillin’ lungs of little ones
With the ongoin’ sufferin’ as the youth die young
So ask yourself is the lovin’ really gone
So I can ask myself really what is goin’ wrong
In this world that we livin’ in people keep on givin’ in
Makin’ wrong decisions, only visions of them dividends
Not respectin’ each other, deny thy brother
A war is goin’ on but the reason’s undercover
The truth is kept secret, it’s swept under the rug
If you never know truth then you never know love
Where’s the love, y’all, come on (I don’t know)
Where’s the truth, y’all, come on (I don’t know)
Where’s the love, y’all(come on yeah)
People killin’, people dyin’
Children hurt and you hear them cryin’
Can you practice what you preach
Or would you turn the other cheek
Send us some guidance from above
Where is the love (Love)
Where is the love, the love, the love
I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder
As I’m gettin’ older, y’all, people gets colder
Most of us only care about money makin’
Selfishness got us followin’ the wrong direction
Wrong information always shown by the media
Negative images, is the main criteria
Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria
Kids wanna act like what they see in the cinemas
Yo’, whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness and equality
Instead in spreading love we’re spreading animosity
Lack of understanding, leading us away from unity
That’s the reason why sometimes I’m feelin’ under
That’s the reason why sometimes I’m feelin’ down
There’s no wonder why sometimes I’m feelin’ under
Gotta keep my faith alive till love is found (now ask yourself)
Where is the love
Where is the love
Where is the love
Where is the love
Send some guidance from above
Where is the love
Sing with my ya’ll
(One world, one world)
We only got
(One world, one world)
That’s all we got
(One world, one world)
And somethin’s wrong wit it
(Yeah)
Somethin’s wrong wit it
(Yeah)
Somethin’s wrong with the w-w-world yeah
We only got
(One world, one world)
That’s all we got
(One world, one world)
[/spoiler]

“After this emotional entry, you know who comes now???” The crowd screams the name of the country. “Yes, you are all right: it is the current winner and host of this edition, New Leganés!! They bring to Porósin a song with the first lyrics in Cukish ever on the contest: Taiméli Boftá, by Póra Zhenéva. Music in New Leganés has traditionally been written either in Impelanzan or Staynish, because of how they’ve been for long years the languages of culture in this country. In the latest decades, however, struggling with the international trend to sing pop songs in Staynish, there are some rising artists that want to claim the place, in their opinion, Cukish deserves in the music industry of this Commonwealth. Even when it’s only the chorus and the title what is written in Cukish, this awesome Elvish singer will try to internationalize her, our, mother tongue bringing a catchy pop song to the stage of Urthvision, and try as well to earn the third victory for this country!!”

[spoiler]https://dai.ly/x5mt45a
[/spoiler]

"Póra has been the last entry of this final!! That means that we will now be getting into… THE VOTES!!! Votes are, from this moment, open. Good luck to all the entries!!

OOC: important notes regarding the rules for voting

Post the 10 most voted entries by your nation in the following order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12. If you own two nations participating, keep in mind that the maximum points allowed to give from a nation of yours to another of your nations is 7. Post your nations’ votes publicly in this thread. Nations eliminated in the semifinals can also vote in the finals. The voting period will be opened for two weeks, until 1st March 2021.

Additional OOC: please note that the following videos are not actual entries, they’re intervals. The entries to vote are the videos listed from Acronis to New Leganés

While we receive them from each nation, there’s still two more surprises this edition brings you in the upcoming intervals…" “Yes, Máne and me have been thinking about what makes a song good or bad, and we’ve reached the conclusion that every single song that has got into Urthvision is, simply, a masterpiece. So then, why are there songs that win and songs that fail? After a deep investigation in the toilet, which is the place where the greatest ideas are born, we have gathered all the elements a song in Urthvision should have in order to earn all nations’ 12 points. We’ve compiled them in a step list, and we want to present them right now, in this stage. And we don’t only want so, we’re doing so. So please, Máne, take the list and show Urth how to make the best Urthvision entry…”

“I hope in the next edition everyone brings hamsterwheels, they’re the true key to success!!” “We’re now bringing into the stage an actual Urthvision winner, who actually didn’t need any hamsterwheels to win, only his incredible talent. Take a seat, because the next perfomer on this stadium will be… Carl Stonelake, the winner of the first Urthvision edition ever!! He has travelled from his land of Caltharus to New Leganés to present you his two latest hits and to make the party of music grow even more than it has already done. So now, we want to see you all dancing to the performance of Carl Stonelake, winner of Urthvision I with Caltharus!!!”

“This has been Carl Stonelake, ladies and gentlemen!!” Máne said. “What a performance, Carl!! How does it feel being on the Urthvision stage again, thirteen editions and three years later?” asked Pétra.

“Well, definitely more relaxed, hahaha. Yeah, there’s an enormous pressure when you perform over this stage: think about it, you’re representing your nation to the whole Urth, and the whole planet is watching you! There is a huge psychological work behind, and months and months of practising. However, the feeling when you get off the stage after you perform and you feel your work finally done… And well, if you win like I did… I still can’t believe it. It’s just amazing.”

“Carl, you inspired me a lot both in music and in my desire to achieve great things in this contest. I didn’t win, as you did, but I ended only one point behind the winner. What is the key to win? Because you definitely seem to have discovered it, and I almost did from you” Máne asked.

“Máne, I’m sure everything you achieved was only yours. I was only an inspiration for your talent. I’ve loved your proposal for a perfect Urthvision song, very creative and funny; but I think everyone on this stage has talent and what is really necessary to win here is to be sure of it and love what you do. I had my moments of doubt, but when you enter onto this stage, you need to clear your mind of all toxic thoughts you might have and focus on giving these amazing people watching you the best you got inside of yourself.”

“These have been truly good advices, Carl. It’s an incredible honour to watch your performance and interview you tonight, so please continue inspiring musicians all around Urth and feel free to stay here and watch how the nations of Urth choose the winner of this edition.” Pétra said.

“Thank you Máne and Pétra, you’re lovely.”

"Hello New Leganes! Hello Privétia Tauríllien! This is Ekida live from Ibrahim, Vivancantadia!! Thank you so much for a glamorous and efferverscent evening! Oh you don’t know how the people here are cheering for you guys! Anyways, May I present you, the Vivancantadian Jury Votes!!

One Point = Zukchiva
Two Points = Blueacia
Three Points = Great Morstaybishlia
Four Points = Tuvaltastan
Five Points = New Leganes
Six Points = Acronis
Seven Points = Kyrloth

"And now, the highest points given by the Vivancantadian Jury… EIGHT POINTS goes to…

Meagharia!"

"For the TEN POINTS goes to…

Alyunthia!!!"

"And finally our magical TWELVE POINTS, goes to…

SOUTH PERAGEN!!!"

“I wish you all guys good luck and thank you for having us again! Falheminderit!!” As Edkhi waves goodbye to the camera.

“Faleminderit, danídek Ekida!!” Máne said. “Vivancantadia has been the first to vote, let’s see who is next…”

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/download/file.php?id=603321https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/download/file.php?id=603322

“And we get the points from Sokala and Iphelklori!! Thanks to all Urthvision fans there”

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The screen starts to show Marijke
“Hello is this thing on? Hello?! Blueacia calling! Can they hear me???”
Marijke stands up fiddles around with here microphone, then walks up to the camera and gives it a few smacks.
“Does this thing even work?” She turns the camera to show the background with very stressed people covering themselves and telling her everything is fine.
She sits the camera back down, and sat down at her seat
Marijke starts burting into a laughter. “HAHA did I get you again Petra? Did you really think I wasn’t sure you couldn’t hear me? Also I learned how to play the trumpet.”
She is shown raising a trumpet and putting it to her mouth. But before she got it there she coughed and trumpet sounds are already heard. Her eyes widen when she knows she’s found out. “Well that wasn’t supose to happen…”
“Anyway here are the Blueacian votes:”

[spoiler]
Ien punt gjit nei - Tivot
Twa punten gean nei - New Leganés
Trije punten gean nei - Great Morstaybishlia
Fjouwer punten gean nei - Alksearia
Fiif punten gean nei - Acronis
Seis punten gean nei - Tawuse
Sân punten gean nei - Vivancantadia

Acht punten gean nei -
Kyrloth

Tsien punten gean nei -
Petra Cauda

En foardat ik de tolve punten hjou wol ik hjim even seze dat jim in geweldige show ôflevere hawwe.

Us tolve punten gean nei -

Hoe kin ek oars:

It leukste trio fan de jûn

Fortuna
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
One point goes to - Tivot
Two points go to - New Leganés
Three points go to - Great Morstaybishlia
Four points go to - Alksearia
Five points go to - Acronis
Six points go to - Tawuse
Seven points go to - Vivancantadia
Eight points go to - Kyrloth
Ten points go to - Petra Cauda
The Blueacian winner which got the twelve points is Fortuna
[/spoiler]

“Welllllllllll you’ve blown through the right side Marijke, that’s a step definitely. Is it enough? That’s another question. However, I’m sure in two years more we’ll find you playing like an artist!! Happy to see you around again, Marijke, as crazy as usual” Pétra answered to the Blueacian call. “And after the Blueacian points, the next is… Let me see…”

Greetings and Salutations from the Grand Duchy of Dragonia !!
The Votes have been cast and counted.

1pt - Acronis - Oda Lita - “Levitating”
2pt - Tawuse - Alphabeat - “Fascination”
3pt - Kyrloth - Kaili - “Say Something”
4pt - Meagharia - Seàn Diarmada - “Danny Boy”
5pt - Tivot - Dverik Bvoushvili - “Major Tom”
6pt - Oceansend - Lindsey Stirling - “Master of Tides”
7pt - Tavari Union - Kesha Sebar - “Praying”
8pt - Valerica - Klava - “Enjoy the Silence”
10pt - Tuvaultastan - Khutarseba - House in N’Orlinsi
12pt - Osterlicsh - Gina Bòhm - “Bleiballons”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hello Hello Urthvision!! We here in the City-State of Oceansend have cast our votes for you.

1pt goes to: Kaili from Kyrloth for her song “Say Something”.
2pts goes to: Braun Hoba from Durakia for his song “Armhyr”.
3pts goes to: Willhiàmma de Solais from Libertanny for her song “The Joy of Lèomh”.
4pts goes to: K/DA from Alyunthia for their song “The Baddest”.
5pts goes to: Dverik Bvoushvili from Tivot for his song “Major Tom”.
6pts goes to: Alphabeat from Tawuse for their song “Fascination”.
7pts goes to: Gina Bòhm from Osterlicsh for her song “Bleiballons”.
8pts goes to: Amala Rose from North Ethalria for her song “Payback is a Bad B*tch”.
10pts goes to: Kesha Sebar from the Tavari Union for her song “Praying”.
12pts goes to: Klava from Valerica for their song “Enjoy the Silence”.

Thank you and Good Night !!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[broadcast 1346-jr-20-11.16.10]

Tesara Nira
Sund! Hello New Leganés! I’m Tesara Nira, coming to your screens live from beautiful Azmarin Zlovskavaar, Kyrloth, where we take democracy seriously. That’s why we’ve recruited only the best of the best to help organise this Urthvision’s national televote! And who better than the director of the Board of Elections to make sure the peoples’ voices are heard! I present to you: Lokka Silmat!

Lokka Silmat (sulking)
I was promised I wouldn’t have to do more of these appearances. You do know we have very important things to do, right? We’ve only got half a year left to prepare our Democratic Oversight poll watchers for the https://tep.wiki/wiki/Next_Aduraszna_General_Election--

Tesara Nira (interrupting)
Many thanks to the Elections Board for helping us all out with the televote, and our deepest gratitude to every nation across Urth that’s given us support so far! And without further ado, the people of Kyrloth have spoken, and the people say:

“Good evening from a very chilly Altomaré! what a lovely line-up. The Tawusian judges have been debating during the intermission and it’s been a hard one! Our 12 points go to… Osterlicsh! ”

[spoiler]
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/download/file.php?id=603335
[/spoiler]

“Hello from the beautiful city of Zaram, in the land of the last edition of Urthvision, Acronis! We loved watching this edition’s entries, and we are very excited to announce the Acronian votes!”

12: Kyrloth, “Say Something”
10: Alksearia, “Le tradeur”
8: Oceansend, “Master of Tides”
7: Asendavia, “The City”
6: Alyunthia, “The Baddest”
5: Tavari Union, “Praying”
4: Tawuse, “Fascination”
3: Fortuna, “Dimmi Di Più (Tell Me More)”
2: Sokala, “If I Die, It’s With You”
1: Great Morstaybishlia, “Where is the Love”

“Good evening to all of you from Nuvrenon in the Tavari Union! We are so thrilled to be part of Urthvision for the very first time, and we can’t wait to tell you how we voted! Without further ado, here are our votes, starting with 12 for Asendavia!”

12: Asendavia, “The City”
10: Kyrloth, “Say Something”
8: Meagharia, “Danny Boy”
7: Alksearia, “Le Tradeur”
6: Tawuse, “Fascination”
5: North Ethalria, “Payback is a Bad B*tch”
4: Fortuna, “Dimmi Di Più (Tell Me More)”
3: Oceansend, “Master of Tides”
2: Valerica, “Enjoy The Silence”
1: Sokala, “If I Die, It’s With You”

“So, with the Tavari Union we have reached the first 10 votes in this Grand Final, and we start to see how this can turn to be.” "However, the votes from each nation are very different, so this will change over the course of the night for sure!!

Time to call our awesome organization which is working up there, silently for all Urth. AIDÓNE!!! THE VOTES!!!" Pétra yelled, leaving Máne with only an ear from that moment.

“Wow Pétra, be careful with those yells or people in the Oblivion Islands will think there’s a volcano erupting. I had gone to the hairdressers today, for Tunsé’s sake” Aidóne answered. “But yeah, it’s time for the votes and we have them right here!!!”

“With the current situation, Osterlicsh would take the trophy tonight. Rock songs are definitely successful when New Leganés hosts. However, Kyrloth are following them near with only 8 points less. Tawuse, who were the last qualified from their semifinal, are now third and, while considerably behind Osterlicsh and Kyrloth, that is an impressive and surprising achievment. The Tavari Union and Valerica would be qualified with the other three for the next edition’s final if they keep their top 5 positions. Asendavia, North Ethalria, Alyunthia, Durakia and South Peragen are also going nice with top 10 positions in this incredibly big edition. However, the hosts are not having a really good time: New Leganés has never fallen under an 8th position, and it seems very likely that they will do tonight.”

“I feel sorry for Infinite Loop, our special invitees need at least some points.” “Yeah, I also hope they improve. There’s more than half of votes left, and the night is promising!!”