Vekaiyu sells WMDs to Listonia

http://blog.kievukraine.info/uploaded_images/3552-776046.jpg
Unidentified warheads seen crossing the Vekiaiyun-Listonian border, driving through remote villages.

Vekaiyu Sells WMDs to Listonia
Reporting from the V3 Network in Vekaiyu, Ankya Ilusi

ILESI - The bonds between Vekaiyu and the newest East Pacific nation, Listonia, have grown even stronger. But, it is unclear as to what this new acquisition means to the region.

Meeting behind closed doors earlier this week, Selvala McEva and, representing Listonia, Stapen Evesuni, improved relations between the two nations. It was unclear as to what the provisions of the meeting were for, but the current leader of Vekaiyu has enjoyed a track record of successful decisions and proposals.

V3 news services has been informed through anonymous sources that weapons of mass destruction have been spotted crossing the border. At 10 AM VST, vehicle-driven warheads (pictured above) were spotted in the predominantly human village of Ni-va-ru. Despite the implications of such weapons, the townsfolk were reported as being “jubilant, full of energy, and awe-struck”. Drivers of the warheads were also reportedly to sounding their horns, but it is unclear as to whether this was to further boost the crowd or ensure no one crossed in front of these behemoths.

“It was like nothing I’ve ever seen before,” Orven Uliri, human, replied. “I don’t know why our nation needs warheads at this time, but perhaps it is to secure our place in the national spectrum. That’s the only thing I can really think of this time.”

Neither Stapen Evesumi or Sevala McEva have commented on the matter thus far. The disappearence of Kral Commodore Leyuski is still being sorted out, but the interim replacement has also not been reached for comment.

The Struggles Within the New Nation
Since achieving independence, Listonia has adopted a new flag, new constitution, and used its relief funds appropriately, fixing damaged cities and damaged lives. However, any form of governmental changes have been slow in the new republic. Elections, promised to take place within months of independence, have stalled. There have been no attempts at forming a promised congress as well. Furthermore, Listonia has begun to remove certain nation’s policing within its borders, which has only increased organized crime.

Stapen Evesumi, hero of The People for an Independent Listonia and representative at Listonia’s independence conference, has slowly gained control of the nation, and drastically improved his relations with Selvala.

It is believed that Listonia, a predominantly vulpine state, is slowly becoming a dictatorship, causing much concern in Vekaiyu.

“Why have we freed our brethren, only to place them in more bondage?” Bishop Ronu Alus questioned in an interview with V3 news services. “If we wish to increase our global standing, this is not the way to go about it. We should be preventing extremists like Kivo Evesumi from rising to power, not enticing him further.”

As life returns to normal in the once-doomed state, it is unclear as to what type of state will emerge. A recent poll held on V3’s website suggests most Vekaiyuns see Listonia as a state which will be absorbed by Vekaiyu within the year, while others believe Listonia’s surprisingly quick recovery may motivate it to become a powerful threat in The East Pacific.

“There’s an old Vekaiyun saying,” Bishop Alus continued. “Don’t feed your enemy. We only know very little about this state. Don’t give it power, or the tools to acquire power when the nation hasn’t even formed its promised government.”

© 2009 V3 news services

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3447/siberianflag2.png
The flag of the new Listonian republic

Stapen Evesumi Comments
Reporting from the V3 Network in Vekaiyu, Ankya Ilusi

YE’LELI - speaking from a balcony overlooking a crowd of mostly workers, the current Prime Minister of Listonia Stapen Evesumi did little to ease the region of its recent acquisition.

“We have secured our borders within The East Pacific. Never again will our nation be under the threat of expansionism or subject to occupation by our enemies. I foresee Listonia becoming a veritable power located in the heart of the main continent. To excel for less would be a loss for our destiny.”

The prime minister had very little comments for Vekaiyu, but noted that “our alliance is ever increasing.” Veakiyun leader Selvala McEva has yet to comment on the situation, but V3 does have confirmation Vekaiyu has sold several N2 warheads to the neighboring nation.

Much is Invested
Since independence, Listonia has seen a remarkable boom, between foreign aid and foreign investors who note Listonia is one of the cheapest places to base manufacturing. This has already put a strain on a few nations’ economies.

Listonia is still in the process of making a recovery, however. Ye’leli was recently named the city with the most cranes in use, as the capital of the new nation is growing rapidly. But even with foreign investments considered and the stable economy of Listonia known it is unclear as to where Listonia is gathering more funds. It is believed such money is coming from within the nation, but it is unclear as to the source. Rumors have circulated, however.

Kral Commodore: I wasn’t informed
On a stand-by interview with the current Kral Commodore of Vekaiyu, Ikrisia Levinile, the new leader displayed her dismay at the recent transaction.

“I was not informed of this at all,” she responded. “I am disappointed that there was no attempt to contact me. If anything, I believe we should be spending less time distributing weapons and more time working with our neighbors, helping them recover from the devastating war for independence.”

© 2009 V3 news services

Shardene Thunder was watching the Tingst Regional News Network Channel (TRNNC) with one eye and playing solitaire with the other. Not much of interest, at least not for her and the company. Something about Bai Lung and then a short segment on the newly opened International Sealab. “Hear there’s a tingstian in there” she thought to herself while closing a stack by nailing the King of Spades.

She was nearly out the door and on the way to get another cup of coffee when a few words, namely ‘WMD’ and ‘Sold’, from the TV-set caught her interest. Newly founded state, rebuilding after some form of war (probably civil, but she missed the introductory phase of the segment), interested in weapons; in other words, a potential jackpot. Vekaiyu? Listonia? She had heard the names, but couldn’t place them on the map. Shardene typed in ‘Vekaiyu’ and did a search in the company database, but came up empty. She reached for the phone and speed dialed her associate Sissel Bolt;

• “Sissel, Vekaiyu, what’d you know about them, no file in the database.”

• “Try ‘Todd McCloud’ and I think you’ll find a file there. Weird fox people living somewhere of on the Eastern Continent I think. Not sure.”

• “Todd McCloud? Ok, if you say so. Thanks."

Shardene typed in ‘Todd McCloud’ and pressed search. A big amount of files came up; most inhabitants Vulpines, violent history, sort of a dictatorship potentially moving towards democratic reform, unknown military strength etc. She put in ‘Listonia’ and one file emerged containing virtually nothing except some few facts on the war of independence and two pictures, one of the flag and one of the new leader Stapen Evesuni. “Cute looking Fox, got that bad boy thing going” she thought as she printed everything on both Todd McCloud and Listonia. She got up and walked towards the elevator, just a clearance from the boss, and then she was intending to get to know this ‘bad boy’ a little better.

1 hour later.

Thunder had just dialed the number, and the answer on the other side of the line was quick.

“Hello, Shardene Thunder of ‘Security Inc.’ from Tingst here; trying to get a hold of your main man, Mr. Evesuni. This the right place?”

Shardene had learned from experience that a direct approach usually paid off, so she was going for the big man right away.

Imperia Palace

Presidential Office (a.k.a. Throne room)

“Mr. President, may i speak you with a moment?” says Jan Berger, the minister of Foreign Affairs
“Did someone declared war on us?” asks back the president
“No sir”
“Then i´m busy. You may leave.”
“But sir… This is important!”
“Everything is always important, kid. And now nothing is more important than the project Arkbird to us! Not to mention there are over a dozen ongoing wars in the world, and we have interests in most of them.”
“I understand, sir. But if you want Drakkengard to continue its integration in the international community, then we must do more than only buy, sell and kill.”
“Fine. Speak.”
“Its about Listonia again…”
“Oh… I received a report from the military. Don´t worry. Our defenses are ready for direct attacks. And if Vekaiyu is trying to use them as a spearhead against Packilvania instead… they´ll only have time to see our shields, before Pax firepower obliterate them.”
“I was thinking more in we acting instead.”
“Impossible. Trust is everything on our bussiness, son. Warre honored their part of the deal, so we´ll not attack Listonia. At least for as long the Warreic king wants them to be safe. We can act only if they attack our forces first.”
“I was talking about politics, diplomacy. We don´t have always to shoot people… But i need your authorization to do so.”
“Agreed.”
“Thank you, sir.”

The news about Vekiayu placeing nukes in Listonia greatly troubled the leadership of Lazlowia. Whit this act, Vekiayu now could target any part of Lazlowia or Algaisia. Everyone was convinced that the time has come to act and stop the fascist expansion.

President Lazlow decided to move on several different channels. First one was to eliminate those, who were the most loud opposers of acting against the fascist menace. Eventually five members of the parliament were arrested. The parliament wwas now behind Lazlow.

Second was a propaganda campaigne against Vekiayu and Listonia. As the general population already viewed Vekiayu as a fascist state, it wasn’t hard to stirr up the people against them. Posters, newspapers, TV, speaches all prepared the population for a possible war.

Third, Lazlowia strated to look for potential allies. Sending diplomats to various countries who might support Lazlowia. Also came an idea to hire Drakkengard, since they were loyal only to money, and Lazlowia could propose a deal which would turn them on their side too.

Fourth, the secret service started an operation to find out where are the nukes exactly and to start preparations for potential sabotage. Also they started to find out who are those, who might be an opposition to the goverments of Vekiayu and Listonia.

Fifth, president Lazlow made also clear to the cabinet, that at this point war should be the last resort, but they must prepeare for everything.

Nevetheless, the armies of Lazlowia and Algaisia were mobilized. Presdient Lazlow released an official statement.

“The people and the goverment are deeply concerned about the recent actions of Vekiayu. The instalation of these weapons into Listonia not only proved the expansionist nature of Vekiayu but also their intent to use the newly formed Listonia as their starting point. This act threathens the peace of the region, and tartgets the People’s Republic of Lazlowia directly. Therefore I warn the leaders of Vekiayu, if another such action will happen, it will be counted as an act of war, and the People’s Republic of Lazlowia will retaliate on force.”

(OCC: So, is this our cuban missle crisis, isn’t it?)

((OOC: It certainly looks like that))

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6748/nnnngls3.png
Sitting at his office, a clean and well-polished room made of marble and the common tree in the region of Vekaiyu and Listonia, the jaku tree, Stapen Evesuni extinguished another lit cigarette while reading the daily paper. He had finished re-touching the Voxian Christian tattoo around his eye earlier in the morning, something he took pride in. After all, his faith believed heavily in magic, forming a sort of creole with the Christian counterpart. He often believed the trails of smoke were signs from spirits held within the vicinity of his passings, and would swear he could read what they were trying to tell him, the darker aspects of gypsy society still undulating in his veins.

Still, the crime lord of the Yu Luvelor, or literally Opened Gate, was barren of superstition. He openly hated all his jobs - mafia-esque crime lord, pseudo-dictator - but was secretly in love with both. He believed the likes of Max Venavle to be flawed, but never believed in the story of his death. He still believed the insane dictator was still alive, and that the entire story was a hoax perpetrated by the likes of Selvala and Leyuski. While there was no proof of it, he still believed it. The smoke rings told him so. The Orlurs, or burning of incense in books and newspapers, told him so. The stone-casting rituals told him so. But it wasn’t like they were often wrong - he rose to his powerful positions on his religion, and swore by it even in times of joking.

He folded the paper over and read the story, lighting another cigarette.

“The young Kral Commodore of Vekaiyu seems to dislike the transaction,” he summarized to himself as he read the paper. “With the stones placed in the sixth sector, the lantern of Uruk will maintain its blinding glow, and with that prevent your extending hands to reach your people.” He cast more dirt onto his desk in front of him, blowing on it first. “Hmm, eighth sector… companionship… but unclear as to what type, good or bad… about an even number of white and black dirt… interesting…” A sudden clap in the center of the intricate pattern etched into the desk was just enough to blow the particle-like dirt off the table and onto the floor.

A younger fox approached his desk. Apparently he was aware of Kivo Evesuni’s religious tendencies, and had been watching the entire time. “Prime Minister, the missiles have been placed in their proper location. In the next 24 hours, you should have telephone-ready access to every single one.”

“Excellent,” he replied. “Finally, Listonia will forever be secure. Now it is time to fix our nation internally. I will write up a briefing to the world nations tomorrow, explaining to them we will move some of our missiles off-line if they will remove all tariffs on the nation in question and increase their investment into our companies.”

“Yes, Prime Minister sir.”

After having been put on hold and hanging loose for about an hour, Shardene hung up the phone and admitted to herself that she had been beaten; this was simply not the best way to go about things. “Honest mistake, Vulpines probably have a whole different way of speaking on the phone… Sort of, or, well, whatever”.

Determined not to let this golden opportunity pass her by, she started formulating an e-mail which she would send to Evesuni’s office.

The E-mail:

Dear Stapen Evesuni,

Congratulations on the independence of your great nation Listonia!

Allow me to introduce myself; I am Shardene Thunder of Security Inc., a company based in Tingst aiming to export the necessary means to guarantee security in our fellow East Pacific states, I am talking high technology weapons here Mr. Evesuni, and lots of them for a more than reasonable price, if you and your country men are interested, of course.

I think we should talk; perhaps you would be interested in a demonstration of our products? I would be more than willing to travel to Listonia with one of our teams and set up the demonstration for you. I think the future of Listonia and Security Inc. are intertwined, and that this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Best regards

/Shardene Thunder

Shardene watched her screen for a short moment, and then pushed “Send”.

(OCC: Stapen Evesuni is the Papa Doc Duvalier of TEP)

The machine that was the Lazlowian Inteligence Service was set into motion as soon as the order was given from the president to act against the Listonian menace. As Lazlowia did not have nuclear missiles, a more subtle approach must be taken.

General Katona, head of the LIS, had set up an organisation of sleeper agents in many countries over the past six years. It was now time to activate those in Listonia. Their main job was to gather informations about Stapen Evesuni’s new “toys”, find security holes and people who are willing to cooperate.

Meanwhile in Katona’s not too amusing office, the general was briefing Kovács Lajos, agent X8. The X agents were the most special spies of the agency. While most spies had knowledge in one or two fields, the X agents had to have at least basic knowledge in several field. They were given full authority in their mission and were even alloved to kill. There were only 10 such agents.

“-X8, you have probably heard the news about Listonia and the president’s response.”

“-Yes.”

“-Of course everyones concerne is to save lives, so I got the orders to take actions. I have already initiated an operation, but I need someone to take charge. You, X8.”

“-Chief, I haven’t done anything since Malawi. Are you sure you wan’t me.”

“-Your are the only one I can trust. Look, Lajos, millions of lifes at stacke. Your are best.”

“-Allright, when do I leave.”

“-Immediately. You get everything from the Armoury, along with false papers and details of your mission. Codename: Bloody Mary.”

(OCC: Sorry, I’ve fallen into James Bond mode again, although this is partially based on the movies “Rocket Attack USA” and “Topaz”, or at least I intent to base it on them.)

]Shivat soldiers been deployed on the nation’s borders

The notice made a huge impact on Shivat, with those warheads, the Listonian regime could attack Shivat without even sending their army and also due to the recent independence of the country it could fall into a political crisis and emerge and dictatorship that could put in danger Shivat. As an answer the government has deployed 2,000 soldiers on the western and northern borders of Shivat. The population is divided in those who believe that there is no real danger and those who believe that the action of the government are right and that the national safety is in danger, while the liberal party believes that there is no real danger and so the forces sent to the borders are just a bunch of silly solutions to this “international” crisis.

Note: This OOC happens with the new location of Shivat at territory 3

Reviewing his e-mail, Stapen Evesuni finished checking over his translation.

Miss Shardene Thunder,

This would be most appreciated. Listonia is a safe and eager nation, very enthusiastic about foreign investment. Please set up a date, and I will respond with an appropriate time.

Regards

As he closed his laptop, he noticed a familiar face in front of him. While the Veruvi Hall was massive and large, it was very uncharacteristic for someone to approach the pseudo-dictator during his work. Even with some governmental members in the room, very rarely was he approached, but it wasn’t like he was unapproachable; it was more or less a belief he would get the job done. Somehow. After all, most governmental members believed in him. Especially the newer ones. Almost blindly. It was entirely unsettling to older, more dignified members working on forming a congress.

“Kivo Evesuni, I have to ask, where is all this money coming from?”

“That is none of your business, Kivo Uveso.”

The middle-aged vulpine fox scoffed. He wasn’t used to frank answers. “Come on, it has to come from somewhere. We can’t be totally reliant on Vekaiyu for funds - they will use it as leverage for absorbing our state.”

“You don’t need to worry about that, Kivo Uveso.”

The fox tilted his head. “Sooner or later, Evesuni, you’re going to have to get this congress off the ground, you know? It’s absolutely impossible to keep pushing the people aside and have them work on projects without any say.” He paused as he grew frustrated, watching Stapen’s face remain blank, almost as if he wasn’t even listening. “This isn’t a democracy, dammit! Where are the representatives from other races?”

“In the government. Look around you.”

The frustrated man nodded his head, looking around at the five young people around him, noticing the array of races. “Fine. Alright, fine. I guess we’re just supposed to trust you through this? Just believe big brother knows what’s best for us, eh?”

“I’d calm down if I were you, Kivo Uveso. Everything’s fine.” He drew a small gun from his pocket and stood up.

“Holy! What?”

Evesuni looked up. “This? Oh. It’s a lighter.” He used the device to light a cigarette removed from his suit pocket.

Kivo Uveso nodded, feeling a little relieved. “Oh, okay. Yeah, I guess that makes sense.”

Suddenly, four of the governmental members crept behind him, drawing guns from their clothes and shooting the man in the back, drilling a collection of bullets into him before he even hit the ground. Evesuni pulled a 9mm from within his jacket and shot him directly in the head twice, the silencer keeping his shots quiet.

“These would be guns,” Stapen Evesuni said with a slight grimace. “You stupid mother.”

Cabinet Offices, Number 10 New Downing Street, Dannistra Onn, Central Dannistaan

“Missiles? In Listonia?” P’aanil asked before sighing, hand on head, “Hal’vo hav’nar! Is this region so determined on self destruction that everyone has to arm themselves with bloody nukes?”
“Apparently so,” U’nid replied on producing the latest version of the intelligence report. P’annil read through it twice, sighing heavily.
“We do have one option, Mr. Prime Minister,” U’id spoke. Usually, addressing P’aanil as “Mr. Prime Minister” meant he was being serious and was about to suggest something very dire.
P’aanil remained silent before replying, “You mean…that…right?”
“Yes. I mean…that”
P’aanil paused.
“I’m not going to deploy it as a weapon of first strike…but it’s potential as a defensive weapon is useful,” he murmured.

P’aanil turned to the back of the report. In the back was a folder marked “TOP SECRET”. He opened it and looked through the papers in it. Attached were some pictures.

— Begin quote from ____

PROJECT: HII’EN KL’RATH/CLEAR SKY

Artist Concept no.001

— End quote

“Get me J-COS,” P’aanil said after much thought, “Tell them to deploy it. But leave it on standby.”
“Yes Mr. Prime Minister.”

(OOC: Glory be to Sketchup!)

KFS Vendetta, Xiopothos High Orbit

Vire Khaz, Lord Primary of House Damis, sat silently at his desk and reviewed the two situation reports on front of him. He was not one to sit still often, as anyone who knew him could attest, but these things called for immediate responses when they came. The first and fatter report detailed the Listonia situation; the second described an anomalous satellited displaying Dannistrian hails drifting into holding orbit over the nation.

“We do nothing.”, he said, rising from his chair to address the convocation of assembled Administrators and the occasional high-ranking Enforcer gathered in his office. The upstart does not target the areas of our principal involvement, only those of our competitors. In the event that he does, we will re-evaluate our approach."

“Sir.” The latest of Khaz’s short-lived adjutants stepped into the room with another report, also thin. “Personal message for you.” He opened it and read it; had he been a different sort, his eyes would have gotten very wide, but Khaz’s poker face was legendary. “Change of plans. Keep a frigate targeting that satellite. I want to be notified within seconds if it does anything.”

Again there were very bad news in Shivat, after the recent incident with Listonia, the Dannistaan government sent to orbit their second military artificial satellite, this act, in Shivat has been condemned after being discovered by one of the observatories of Shan Lu. The president of Shivat, Bae Jong-yian has declared in a press conference:
-This isn’t right, they’re putting the safety of The East Pacific in danger, that thing on the sky is extremely dangerous, imagine if the East Dannistrians take control of it, it would be the end.

Edit: removed and corrected :slight_smile:

“Pull in here.”

The black-tinted windowed Ivali rolled to a halt next to a seemingly common Verkaiyun eatery, a collection of cars followed behind but kept their distance. The Listonian sun peeked over the buildings of Ye’Leli, signaling it was the cusp of the afternoon. Slowly the glowing orb would reach its height over the cranes and new buildings, only to descend once again, leaving the city to the mercy of shadows once again.

The driver opened the backseat door, careful not to leave a mark on the polish. After all, it was a quarter million veskono car; they don’t come by as often as they should. As Stapen Evesuni stepped out of the vehicle, he immediately walked to the back of the establishment, the doors opening to display a collection of vulpine men, some sitting at table, while others standing, watching for any unusual actions. Evesuni pulled up a chair as his crew filed in.

“Talk.”

It was unusually hot in the room, in more ways than one. It could’ve been due to the humidity in the room, causing those who were in the room for quite some time suffering from wrinkled clothes and discomfort. It could’ve also been the fact that everyone in the room had a loaded piece ready to fire if they didn’t feel something was on the level. Or, it could’ve been that the guy in front of Evesuni just wasn’t responding.

“Well?”

“You go first,” the younger fox sneered.

“You’re in my country,” Evesuni replied. “I want you and your group out of here by next week. I’m giving you five days to move your territory back to the Vekaiyun border. That’s it. Five days.”

He scoffed. “You can’t order around a Vekaiyun mob sect. You’re just asking for it.”

“Five days,” Evesuni immediately interrupted. “If I catch any mob presence in my region, I’m going to start making some house calls and move into Vekaiyu.”

“Big words from such a small man.”

“Be careful or you might accidentally break your back.”

The younger fox laughed as he ran a hand through his hair. “Alright, fine. We’ll make a deal. The Silessi mob sect keeps their territory and in return we give you a monthly payment of 250,000 veskonos.”

“I said I’d give you five days. And now it’s four days.”

“Doubled then.”

“Three days.”

The younger vulpine removed a gun from his pocket and pointed it directly at Evesuni’s forehead. He didn’t flinch. “How about I just let you live?”

Stapen rolled his eyes. “Oh please. You think you’re the first person to hold a gun to my head? I was doing that way back when you were at your mother’s tit.”

“Enough with the formalities!” he barked. “You won’t make it out of here alive - I have snipers all around the building and cars placed all across the boulevard!”

“What snipers?”

He scoffed. “You’re just too predictable, Stapen. You really are. You mean to tell me you didn’t expect there to be all this in place when you deal with the mob? We’re going lightly on you even. If you were really in trouble, you’d be dead right now. We’re just showing our well-known mercy.”

“No, I mean what snipers?” He took out a cellphone. “First number on the speed dial. Ask him about it. Your boys should pretty much be dead about right…” He looked at his watch. “Well, actually about a minute ago.” He threw the phone on the table.

The phone was just enough of a distraction. As soon as the mob member reached for the phone, Evesuni grabbed the man’s wrist and dug his fingernails into the flesh, hitting a pressure point with perfection. Once the gun dropped, Evesuni grabbed it and pointed it at his head, despite having about a dozen immediately pointing at him.

“Get me your boss.”

“You’re the biggest moron in the world! My men will kill you before your finger moves that trigger!”

Evesuni moved the gun away and scoffed as half the mob gunman shot up the other half, the spokesperson flinching wildly, holding his head in disbelief. The obvious mob plants gave a slight nod to Evesuni. “Do we have to do this all day? Get me your boss.”

He gulped as he called the number. “H-hello?”

“Ask him how he’s doing.”

“How are you?” He waited for the fox on the other line to respond.

“Tell him he’s got three days to move his turf back to the Vekaiyun border and out of Listonia.”

“You… have three days to get the mob out of Listonia.”

“And the next time he sends some punk to blow my brains out, I’m moving back into Vekaiyu.”

“Did you get that?” he asked. There was a long pause. Finally, he nodded.

“Good.” He watched as the fox started to close the phone. “Oh, don’t turn it off yet. I want him to hear this.” He pulled the trigger and drilled three holes into him. One of the undercover mob members grabbed the phone and, staring at Evesuni, waited for him to give a nod, then closed the device.

“People just don’t want to listen,” he finally muttered.

Shardene Rhunder and Sissel Bolt were having lunch. Tuna salad, not that bad. Shardene had just told her colleague about the reply from the Listonian ‘big man’ Stapen Evesuni and they toased in champagne to her success.

“This could be big, power hungry guy in charge, an urge for weapons, I’m telling you Sissel, this is gonna make me!” Shardene was on cloud nine.

“You’re right, if this goes through, you’re made. Wish I could snap up something similar.” Sissel Bolt went quiet for a second or two. “What about enemies?” She said.

“Enemies? To Listonia? Why?” Shardene was bewildered.

“This thing has obviously provoked a lot of people” Sissel had a plan, you could tell by her smile. “What if some known enemies of Listonia were to come in possession of a couple of our new WMD? If we made that happen, Listonian import of our products would go through the roof, and we could end up supplying both sides War is business, Shardene, and I suggest we make it business time.”

An hour later. Shardene Thunder on the phone to Sissel Bolt.

“Sissel, I’ve got it, at least it’s worth a shot. The Peoples Republic of Lazlowia. They’ve made fierce comments about the Listonia affair and they are not in possession of nuclear missiles. Roll with it baby!”

Sissel answered quickly – “The Peoples Republic of Lazlowia, never heard of them, sounds a bit “commie”. Well, I not gonna judge anyone here” She laughed, and so did Shardene.

E-mail to President Lazlow of The Peoples Republic of Lazlowia:
Dear Comrade Lazlow!

Greetings from Tingst and Security Inc. My name is Sissel Bolt, and I have come to understand that you share mine, and the company’s, dismay over the current situation in Listonia. As I understand, you might very well be a potential target of this new regional menace. The answer is Mutual Assurance of Destruction; they can’t hit you, because then you hit them tenfold. I’m taking about our new Stendhal 245 nuclear missile available at a reasonable price.

Interested?

Best regards,

Sissel Bolt

At the Rykkovaa-Listonia border

Kovács approached the listonian border station in his car. So far everything was easy, and this was hi first obstacle. A border guard stopped his car, went over to the window, with a machine gun on his shoulder, and knocked on the window.

“-Your passport, please!”

"Kovács handed over his false passport. He posed as Ford Beebe, a businessman from FPS. He looked casually, not arousing suspicion. All the border guards had machine guns. They play it roughly in Listonia, and he had to go carefully into the lion’s den if he wanted to make it in one piece. The border guard returned a few minutes later and gave back the passport.

“-Everything is in order, sir.”-he said without any emotion.

A few hours later Kovács reached Uuyla-Roh, a city in southern Listonia. Finding one’s contact is never a simple matter, as several precautions have to be made. He first went to a pre-arranged location, where he was directed to another, and so on. After hours of going through some of the worst parts of the city, he finally arrived to a traditional local restaurant. He had to go down several stairs, as the restaurant was in the basement. The walls were covered by ornamented rugs, and the picture of some old national heroe was painted as a mural on one of the walls. A wooden bar was at the wall, and it looked as old as if it was made from the wood of Noah’s ark. The bartender looked even older. The place was full of people, mostly foxes, and their chatter filled the room. Further in the room there was a stage with a folk orchestra playing on it. Kovács sat to a table near the stage. A waiter in traditional dress and a stained apron came over to him and handed him a menu.

“-Good evening sir! Would you like to have a drink?”

“-Yes, I would like to have a Bloody Mary.”-he pressed the two last words.

“-How strong would you like that?”-continued the agreed code phrase to waiter.

“-Like a bomb.”

“-I’ll come back shortly.”-with that, the waiter took away the menu and went to a big rug, which concealed a door.

Soon the lights went down, and two spotlights pointed towards a spot before the stage. A fox woman in revealing traditional dress and with two torches stepped to the spot and started to dance. Everyone was looking at her, so nobody noticed that the waiter has come back and escorted Kovács to the door behind the rug.

The room behind the door was nicely furnished and decorated. A sofa near the wall and a coffe table in front of it. In the middle of the room was a desk, with two chairs in front of it and a big leather armchair behind. In the armchair was a strongly built fox man, in grey suit, smoking a cigarette in an ivory holder. The waiter bowed and left the two alone. The fox stood up, went over to Kovács smiling and shook hands with him.

“-Kovács Lajos, how glad am I to see you. How log has it been since last time?”

“-Too long ago, my dear Luften, too long.”-answered Kovács.

“-Sit down. Would you like a cigarette? Real five star listonian, not that cheap stuff most of my customers smoke out there.”

“-Thank you.”-said Kovács and he took out one from the ornamently carved box.

“-You know why I’m here.”-continued Kovács.

“-Yes. Listonia is in deep trouble. There is no goverment to speak of, only Stapen Evesuni and his circle. And his deep into the mafia. You name it, he probably does it. It seems he has some problems with other mobsters, which has delayed him so far to jump on his rockets and play cowboy.”

“-What do we know about those rockets?”

“-Not too much unfortunately. Numbers unknown at the present. They have made that little demonstration at the beginning, but since than, they have kept a low profile. But don’t worry, I’ve got people on it. Well get to it tomorrow. Which hotel are you staying at?”

“-The Palace.”

“-And under which name?”

“-Ford Beebe.”

Luften laughed.

“-Well, they’ve got a really nice name for you. Anyway, tomorrow somebody will pick you up and take you to the cover company which you are officially working for. It’s called L.I.P. Ltd.”

“-What does it stands for?”

“-Listonia International Poultry Ltd.”

Shan Lu 21:32

A family was watching TV on the dining room, they were watching S1, the president was speaking:
-Comrades, the government’s behavior has been a total mistake, and so we will replay our forces at the northern border, and start more peaceful relationships with both Vekaiyu and Listonia.

-Look at him, is pathetic, he didn’t pass the no confidence vote and now that we’re going to have elections in a week, he says he’s sorry and all that shit but dear, I don’t believe him - said the father

• You’re right, this behavior is horrible, i’m going to vote the Democratic Party.

Mean while Bae Ho Hyoru crossed the northern frontier of Shivat in a car with diplomatic lisense plate, when they crossed the frontier to Algaisia they were stopped

Frontier Shivat-Algaisian 21:45

A pair of men with guns and wearing a military uniform with a red star on the helmet.
-Stop, and show us your passports - said the soldiers
Inside the car Bae asked the driver that why have they stopped .
-Sir excuse me but you have to show us your passports-asked the soldiers to Bae
-Sorry for the delay, there you have, as you can see it’s in order- answered Bae
-Of course sir, you can pass, oh and by the way where are you going?
-Well we’re going to Listonia

Slowly, the car left the border post to take the highway to Coocostan

Will continue

(OCC: Todd, can you give me a name for the city, where this whole thing takes place.)

The Palace Hotel was one of those hotels, which were built in a time, when the tiled bathroom was considered a big deal. Despite all this, the place held on pretty well, with reasonably clean rooms and middling service. Kovács choosed this hotel, becouse it was neither rundown nor classy five star, and for this aroused the least suspicion. Nevertheless, Kovács searched the room thoroughly, but found no bugs. That doesn’t mean there will be none in the future. By now, the listonian inteligence service was no doubtedly alerted of his presence, but they have to find him first.

After a good night’s rest, Kovács woke up, had a shower, dressed and went down to the lobby. The receptionist was leaning over the desk, resting his head on his hands, still asleep. Everything was quiet. Than, a young fox lady in blue dress came over to him.

“-Excuse me, is the pie good around here?”

“-I don’t know, ask the chef.”

“-He may be biased.”

“-Kovács Lajos, but call me Ford Beebe here.”-he held out his hand. The girl shaked it.

“-Larmina Akmar. Let’s get moving.”

Outside an open cabrio waited them. Larmina got into the drivers seat and started the car. The engine roared and the car bolted out from the parkway.

“-So, I’m gona break into the poultry business? I know nothing about chicken.”-said Kovács.

“-You don’t have to do anything actually.”-she said, putting up sunglasses-“It’s a legitimate business, but virtually work by itself. By the way, I’m officially your secretary.”

“-You speak english quite well.”

“-Yes, it was the official language of Sevropia, but the goverment now introduced the fox language again since Listonia got independent.”

“-Beautifull country. Although your car could’ve been cleaner.”

Larmina let that last comment away. They soon reached an industrial district of the town and there they went to a warehouse. The building looked unremarkable from the outside, and was full of chicken inside. They went into an office at the back of the warehouse. They sat down to a small desk.

“-Allright. The british ambassador will be holding a party tonight.”

“-Great, than I can wear my new dinner jacket.”

“-Well, that’s one consideration. But you’ll meet Luften there too, who might have some news for you. Any questions?”

"-Yes, will you be there too?

“-Yes.”

“-I’m delighted. I’m sure you’ll look even greater than now. But get your car washed!”

((OOC: Lazlow: the town’s name is Uuyla-Roh))

“Milady, a telegram from a Kivo Stapen Evesuni.”

Arching her eyebrow, Selvala McEva read the note carefully, leaning back in her office chair as it creaked slightly. “All twenty-five of the warheads are in place, the Novochok ones remain offline due to issues regarding safety. Ballasts have been tested prior to prevent potential misfirings or accidents prior to any potential launch. Everything appears well. placements of missiles near cities have been chosen to deter any attacks.” She moved her head back as if she was thinking things through.

“Milady, what is Novochok?”

She returned her gaze to her personal messenger. “Novochok is a special chemical developed by Vilano Testing Labs. The chemical is harmless at room temperature, even at elevated temperatures. Once raised to a temperature of roughly 125 degrees centigrade, The substance becomes airborne and acts as a neurological paralyzer. In short, one’s lungs begin to contract and flake off as their eyes literally melt from the sockets, the skin becomes viscous and reaches a point of fluidity after twenty seconds of exposure, but that’s assuming the victim survives the contractions, strong enough to break one’s back. A single drop of the substance can kill anything within a kilometer radius. Each warhead has roughly 10 liters, enough to wipe out an entire province.”

“Milady, forgive me! That’s insane!”

Licking her teeth, she smiled slightly. “I’m not an idiot. Anyone who thinks I’m giving an insane freedom fighter stockpiles of WMD’s is equally insane. Each weapon requires an eleven-digit keycode to activate - something that is only accessible to both me and Evesuni. But, in order for the missile to launch, it requires both keycodes - Evesuni’s and mine - to launch. We effectively just moved our launching sites and expanded our range. All with the least amount of political damage. Sure, we gain the flack for selling them the weapons, but Evesuni will eventually take the spotlight off us and on him.”

“But, but what if one of the weapons misfires? Or, Almighty, they malfunction and activate?”

Selvala shook her head. “Don’t worry - that’s all taken care of. The contents are contained in a thick polymer shell, contained in a metallic core. Only thing that can activate the tonnage of explosives is essentially striking a hard object at good speed. Trust me. I’ve thought this through.”

He nodded slowly. “We should tread carefully, then.”

“Give it time. Evesuni will collapse. Listonia is a nation working with Vekaiyun warheads, supported by Vekaiyun funding, guided by Vekaiyun military, and fueled by Vekaiyun companies. Listonia is basically an unofficial Vekaiyu. And in time, we will move in, saving the nation from its tyrannical dictator, and running it the way it should be run, as an indivisible part of Vekaiyu.”

Coocostan-Listonian Frontier 15:43

Bae Ho Hyoru was waiting the guards to tell him to show his passport but also his driver’s one.
Those guards weren’t human!, but then he remember that in that country there were many of those cat creatures, but after looking at his laptop on the government data he discovered that those ones were wearing Vekaiyu uniform, not Listonia one.
He entered in the car again and then entered in the country.
-Sir, that was close - said the driver
-Well yes, but there’s something dirty about this
-What those cat things?
-No, they weren’t from Listonia but from Vekaiyu instead
-I didn’t figure out
-Now let’s go to Ye’leli…