What is new, stays new...

March 14, 1974
The Pentagon, Washington D.C., Earth
2:11AM
[hr]

Arthur, parked his vehicle as what looked to be an ocean of cars in on a giant asphalt bed, as he carefully got out, looking around as the cold breeze hit his face. Being called at such a late time was normal to him, his experimentation was to be at a late time at night to keep secrecy of the magnitude of such researching, it was minutes of continuous walking through the dense parking lot, hearing the crickets and the faint sounds of cars driving on the interstate beside the Pentagon. He finally reached the steps to the entrance, hastily climbing up them as Arthur nearly tripped over the last step, speed walking towards the entrance with a pace enough to cause suspicion among any witnesses. Despite being so late at night, a large cup of coffee before driving off to his workplace kept him awake, to keep determined to whatever it was he was working on.

As he entered, the place was still rather active, people walking around and going about their night in the building. Another man decorated by a lab coat, and a clipboard, “Hello Arthur, you came right on time.” The scientist smiled, nodding as a signal for Arthur to follow the lab coat wearing man. “Well, we teleported a dog to the exit, seemed to be very…Very successful!” He said as they both walked closer, Arthur nodding, “But, it seemed to take about an hour for the teleporter to be able to even transport it to the other one, as it is still inefficient at working properly.” He kept following his speaking, both approaching an elevator, still open for anyone to use as Arthur and the scientist quickly rushed inside, Arthur pushing the button to the basement, as it took them down into the bottom floor of the Pentagon.

“See Coffey…With great tech like this, transport will be easier than ever!” Arthur seemed to not respond to any sort of saying the scientist was speaking out, but was understanding as he tried to focus on other life happenings. It was a matter of time before they approached a metal door, 2 military policemen stand with the door in between in a guarding stance, as they both stared at the scientist and Arthur, both taking out their identifications to showcase to the guards, as they obliged, allowing Arthur and the other man into the lab.

It was a room, with two large cylindrical shaped objects, a plethora of wires sticking out of the top and the bottom, seemingly linking them to both of the objects, and to many computers put adjacent to each other, how much power it was for so many computers to be used was ought to be massive indeed. Arthur walked up to both of them, the teleporters he and the scientist were working on, a reason for researching such a science fiction topic was unkown to both of them, rather it was to research for benefits to the United States and transport.

Arthur was rather under dressed in the room, as the other man had a lab coat, Arthur was decorated with a brown jacket, black undershirt, and a pair of khakis and boots, his pistol holster also hidden under his jacket. Arthur looked up at the craze bundle of colorful wires, disgusted at the lack of organization, “How the hell are you gonna make this easy with a clusterfuck of wires like this?” His voice would have slight anger, his OCD overpowering him as the wires was seemingly and randomly put together without thought, despite the teleporters working fine, the wire organization was the exact opposite. “W…Well Arthur, I’m not a very organized person!” He chuckles nervously, Arthur scoffing at his response as he continued looking at the beauty despite the bewildered wires atop of the both of them.

Arthur refrained himself from observing the prototypes, as he looked around the lab as it was lit by artificial florescent lights, his eye was caught by a black briefcase, his curiosity made him inch closer to it, opening it slowly as the other scientist seemed to ignore him as he was writing down data displayed on the computer, the contents were rather odd, a picture of Richard Nixon, a small American flag, a political map of the world, and 6 dollars of each denomination, a small book showing a likely history and information of the US, and for last, a photo album the same size as the other book he found, as he flipped through it, showing a landscape of the major cities, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Detroit, etc.

“Hey, the hell is this for?” His voice showed audible confusion, everything about the United States put within the briefcase, the other scientist looks behind him, shrugging “I don’t know, some guy must’ve put it there, probably pretty patriotic.” He laughs out loud, Arthur closing the briefcase to curiously pick up while adjusting his glasses, walking inside one of the teleporters with the briefcase still in hand, looking around in awe of the beauty of how it was designed, what looked to be straight out of 2001: A Space Odyssey, as several buttons situated at the top caught his eye, but out of fear of what they would do hesitated from him pushing them.

The scientist, was continuing to write down data, walking into the adjacent room to gather more as the majority of computers were placed inside, one in particular was the mainframe, controlling every aspect of the teleporter, who then opened a door below into the wiring and workings of it, which seemed to link to both of the teleporters outside of the room. Everything seemed well regulated, no wires cut or damaged, electricity seemed to flow fine. As the scientist pulled his head out of the compartment, sitting up as to use the control pad as leverage of getting up, unknowingly pushing the main button to enable the override.

As Arthur was about to step out, the metal door quickly closed on him, his only reaction was to scream, “HELP.” Proceeded by aggressive knocking to let the other scientist know the teleporter was enabled, the other man reacted by straight up panic, as he had no option than to try to pry open the door, all attempts failing miserably, his last option to pull an alarm, signifying an emergency or accident in the lab. 30 seconds passed as Arthur was completely panicked by the teleporter, several guards bust into the laboratory, as Arthur’s vision quickly turned black, as if he was knocked unconscious…
[hr]
April 18, 2018
Somewhere in South Hills, Urth
5:31AM

Arthur’s eyes slowly opened up, his chest was in pain as he let out a small grunt, the black suitcase was still in his hand, and where he was at was what looked to be a basement of a home, the concrete floor cold to the touch, the basement occupied by only but a single yellow lightbulb. He had absolutely no idea where he was at, it was as if he was on a different planet. His entire body was trembling with fear as the teleporter seemingly worked, but wasn’t able to transport him to the adjacent one at the Pentagon, where ever he was at, his assumptions was to be in a different man’s house…

(Joint post w/ Jacknotch)

April 18, 2018
West Mifflin, South Hills, Urth
5:32AM

Chris was in his living room sitting at his desk, working on his thesis for his essay on the history of Urth’s civilizations when he suddenly heard noise from the basement. Suspicious, he grabbed his baseball bat and cautiously opened the door and yelled “Whoever is in there, walk into the light with your hands in the air!” His voice echoed throughout the basement, Arthur’s fear risen sharply as the deep echo filled his ears.

Arthur immediately heard the sharp exclaim, his only response was to lay down in the dark corner he spawned in, to prevent being caught, the suitcase used as an improvised cover. “Shit…Shit…Shit.” He continued to whisper to himself very quietly, to be able to express his fear without the notice from anybody else, he pulled the suitcase up closer to his face as to use as camouflage in the darkness of the basement. Chris walked slowly down into the basement with baseball bat and flashlight in hand. When he reaches to the end of the steps, he began to search around the dark room with his flashlight. Arthur was trembling with fear, trying his best to not make a sound, as he hesitated to try and grab his holster tucked under his jacket as Arthur still assumed he was in the US… He peeked over the briefcase covering his face to look around the dark room.

Chris searched the wall for the light switch to see properly in the dark and damp basement and eventually found it, flicking it on. He wondered on what the noise was for a couple minutes and shrugged it off. Chris was about to leave until he suddenly remembered, “Oh shit, I forgot about the swing at the playground!” He quickly began looking for his toolkit in the boxes he stored in the house over the months he lived there.

Chris, being distracted by trying to find a toolkit, Arthur’s decision to carefully stand up, and try to go up the stairs was but a last resort…He carefully got up to avoid being heard, as he crouch walked towards the staircase…Only 3 steps in, stepping on a broken piece of glass with his boot, making a loud crack noise. Arthur makes a fearful gasp at the sound of the broken glass cracking, stopping in his steps. Chris quickly turned around to the cracking noise and suddenly saw a figure trying to walk up the stairs and yelled," Stop right there or I will beat your ass!," readying his bat. Arthur lets out an audibly scared grunt, pulling out a rusted M1911 from his holster, aiming it at Chris while stepping back and falling against a wall, the pistol still aimed at Chris. “What…Where the fuck am I?” He screams out, his tone showing extreme confusion.

Chris suddenly dropped the bat when the man pulled out his M1911 and pointed at him and then says, “Whoa, calm down there. You’re in my house’s basement in West Miffilin.” Chris says to Arthur, showing slight fear of a gun being pointed at him, “W-What? West Mifflin? Where?” He responds, his confused tone being mixed with anger. “West Mifflin, capital of South Hills, Concordian continent.” Arthur cocks his right eyebrow, aggressively tilting his head to the right, “Stop all of this crazy shit…You mean DC? United States? North fucking America?” It was clear to Chris, that Arthur seemed like a mentally unstable burglar, “What’s the United States? Look man, let’s all calm down and put the gun down. Shoot me and the police from the police station around the corner will come in guns blazing.”

“The hell do you mean what the United States is?” He slowly stands up, slowly holstering his gun. Chris backs away slowly, looking towards a dirty but still somewhat recent map of Urth, walking over to it, pointing to South Hills on the map, along with the continents of Urth, the oceans, and the countries. Arthur stares at the map, the only form of decoration in the basement… “T-That…That isn’t Earth, what the hell is going on here?” Arthur’s speech stuttering as he increasingly became nervous of where he truly was, “You tell me, I heard a noise down here while working on my college thesis and came down to check it out.”

His breathing would be heavy, the briefcase was at his feet… “What’s the date…?” He asked, his tone showing that he was extremely nervous, “April 18, 2018,” Chris responded in a slow and calming manner. Arthur’s eyes widened with fear, his mouth opening in awe… “2018?” He says, “No…It cannot be, it isn’t 2018…” The tone changed to immediate fear, his hands starting to shake. “What do you mean?” Chris asked the nervous man, walking slowly closer to Arthur, “You sure it is? I thought it was 1974…” He follows once again, still in the fear struck manner.

Chris then pulled out his cell phone and showed him the calendar. “Says so here.” Arthur steps back at the unfamiliar piece of technology…As he looked closely at it. “What the hell is that thing?” Arthur pointed to the cell phone Chris was holding, still confused and scared… “It’s a smartphone,” Chris said. “Also known as a personal electronic assistant but no one uses that term nowadays.” “Who invented this?” He worries more about what it is and how it worked.

Chris would make a small sigh at Arthur, “Well that’s a complicated question. To put it simply, it’s an evolution of the ‘brickphones’ of the 70’s and the cell phones of 90’s and early 2000’s, the revolutionary design’s inventor being Steven Jones in 2007 at its release. As time went on, smartphones have gotten more features and whatnot.” Arthur’s hands gradually slow their intense trembling, “F-F…Fascinating.” He became slightly interested while still maintaining a nervous tone, the briefcase still at his feet. Chris then noticed the briefcase at his side and asked, “What’s in the case?” His curiosity towards the case immediately grew as its contents were a mystery, “Oh…This.” He picks it up, showcasing it to Chris. “Could we atleast go upstairs to let me show you?” “Sure,” Chris told the man and led him up the stairs.

Arthur appears at the top of the steps, looking around the upstairs room, still confused. He’d find a wooden dinner table, quickly walking to set the briefcase on the table, awaiting for Chris. Chris then walked up to the table and said, “That better not be a bomb,” he joked, Arthur takes a small look towards him, “It isn’t…” He replies, quickly opening the case to reveal its contents, quickly taking out a small flag, a red, white and blue flag with 13 stripes, and 50 white stars over a blue box in the top left corner. “So pretty much a time capsule or a package of items to describe your civilization like the Voyeur probes of the 70’s?” Chris asks the other man, his interest towards wherever he came from grew steadily.

“I guess…I still don’t know where the fuck I am at.” He continues, pulling out a photo of a smiling man, presumably the leader of where Arthur came from, along with a small map of the planet he came from, setting both on the table for Chris to see, then taking out 6 green paper currency bills, each with a 1, 2 , 5, 10, 50, and 100 dollar denomination. “Those look oddly similar to South Hills dollars. Follow me to my computer; it’s a storehouse of information.” Chris’s attention was gripped by the dollar bills, their similarities to South Hills Dollars were almost horrifying. “South Hills?” He responds again, awaiting as he looked in the briefcase again, taking out a small book, but awaiting Chris. “They’re one of the superpower nations on Urth, aside from the Morstablysian Empire, Pax, and Kuthernburg.” He explains, an attempt to let Arthur grasp a better understanding of Urth, “What are those other nations? What are they like?” He looked around for said computer. “Let me show you,” as Chris said as he turned on his computer and then went on a browser. “Just type ‘Morstablysian Empire’ and it’ll show up.”

He looked in awe as it was a computer he has never seen before, less bulkier and slick than what he has ever seen. "So, its like a type writer? Arthur smiles, typing “Morstablysian Empire” into the computer, his form looks like that of someone typing on a typewriter. “In essence, yes. But much more complex. This can run thousands of calculations per second, and this is just an entry-level model I purchased for my studies.” “This is…Very very monumental technology you have here…Must have taken years to develop!” Arthur laughs out loud, looking around the search engine. “It did. And shit ton of funding as well,” Chris smiles. “I don’t believe I’ve asked your name Mr…?” Arthur quickly looked at Chris, “Arthur…Arthur Coffey…” He responds with a small smile, “Nice to meet you Mr. Coffey. My name is Chris Ying,” extending his hand. “Nice to meet you too.” He shakes his hand gleefully, then looking back at the computer. “How much did this cost?” The computer looked so expensive to him, “This computer was around $500. The high-end ones are around the $1-3 thousand range.” “That’s a lot of money, plus…This stuff would be considered science fiction type shit back where I came from.”

“Well, if I’m right, you were on the cusp of an electronic revolution if our universes are similar.” “Universe? I thought the universe was infinite…There had to have been a colossally low chance being broken to have a planet of Humans that look exactly alike from Earth Humans.” “Errrr, about that…” Chris scratches his head. “Search up ‘sentient species’ on the browser.” He looks to Chris, his face turns from a cheerful manner to an immediately confused face… “…What?” Arthur looks back to the computer, typing it in very slowly. “You’ll find there’s more than just humans on Urth.” Chris responds, cracking a smirk at Arthur.

“Bullshit…” He tries to find the “enter” button, quickly pressing it to see what the results were. The first result of the search engine, was a (Urth equivalent of Wikipedia) page to the Vulpine species, Arthur slowly clicks the page, before loading to see the displayed picture of the anthropomorphic Fox species, Arthur slowly stepping back with his hand on his forehead. “What in the hell…” “Yeah, don’t even get me started on the history of languages.” Chris scoffs afterwards, letting out a chuckle. “How the fuck did these evolve? What made them look like us with damn Fox heads?” He tries to keep his voice down, the sun was still coming up as the sky maintained a dark blue, “Beats me; I’m a history major, not anthropological.” Chris lets out another small laugh, Arthur gets closer to the computer, skimming through the page. “I am intrigued these things exist, I never even seen anything like this.” His interest in such existence of a species raised, how Vulpines even existed was his ultimate question.

“We also got snake and bear people. Hell even a dragon species I think.” Arthur shakes his head, scoffing “I should be confused and scared by the presence of damn snakes and bears with Humanoid forms, but…I just feel more interested in this…” He keeps looking at the page, and then to Chris, “A bunch of the Vulpines live in a nation called Veikayu to the east of South Hills by the way. Anyway, tell me about Earth; I’m rather interested in learning about you as I don’t have a reference to go off of,” gesturing towards the computer.

Arthur gives off once again, another small, but nervous smirk, “Well…Earth…” He walks over, picking up the map that he got out of the suitcase, bringing it to showcase Chris. “Alright, this is the US.” Arthur points to the map, towards a blue mass of land, labeled “UNITED STATES”, “Our president was a guy named Richard Nixon, and we were basically like a capitalist government, one of the superpowers on the planet.” He looks at Chris again to make sure his attention was towards the map, “And…This big ass blob right here.” He then points to another red colored mass, dwarfing the size of the US. “This country is called the Soviet Union, we’ve been at it in a never ending cold war for years.” He chuckles, scratching the map a bit with his index finger, “Sounds like a large cold war similar to the rivalry between the Morst and the Ethalrians; by the way, did the US and Soviets go to war against each other directly?”

“No…A war between the US and the Soviets mean’t complete destruction of our planet, the way we fought was a series of smaller wars in smaller countries…In the 60s,” He points to Vietnam, “Big war going down on here, we withdrew years ago and it doesn’t seem good for the south side of Vietnam.” Arthur would think about the horrors of Vietnam, the pictures being seen on TV revolting, “You guys were lucky then. Our rivalry broke out into all-out war in the 1970’s.” Chris shrugs at his response. “Really? Were nuclear weapons involved?” Arthur gains interest in what Chris just said, inching closer to listen in more, “Nah, somehow we managed to avoid nuclear exchanges.”

Arthur gulps at such a lack of nuclear exchange, “Well…The most tense part of the cold war was here.” Arthur then points to Europe, “A continent called Europe, been a major site for two of the largest wars that happened on our planet, and a future start of the potential third. This is Germany, split between democracy and communism.” He explains it the best he could to Chris, making it simple to understand for him, “Can you describe what caused the split of ideologies in Europe?” Chris asks Arthur, “Well…A war we called “World War II”, was about some crazy guy with a funny mustache named “Adolf Hitler”, wanted to expand the borders of Germany through war and bloodshed, ended up killing 6 million people because of their faith, made a big mistake by invading the Soviet Union, which conquered Berlin and took half of Europe. It was a war against fascism, what we considered the worst ideology, even worse than communism.”

“World War 2? What was the other world war?” Chris sets his hands on the desk, looking at the screen of the computer, and at Arthur, “Ah…World War I, just a giant clusterfuck between France, UK, Austria-Hungary, Russia, German Empire, Ottoman Empire, all of it.” He explains, while playing around with his jacket, “When were these world wars?” “World War I was 1914 to 1918, World War II was 1939-1945” He answers Chris’s question, the dates considered old to Chris, but fairly recent for Arthur. “Imperialism still existed? I won’t be surprised if damn fascism still existed today.” “Communism and fascism still persist today in various countries. Ironically enough, East Cerdani has successfully used communism to better its people and its country.”

“Impossible…Communism can’t just benefit people…” Arthur types in “news” into the searchbar, curious of other happenings across the new planet. “Oh yeah, how are your world’s space programs doing?” Chris immediately changes the subject of the conversation, “Ah.” He smiles, “Around 1969, our country landed a guy on the Moon once, Neil Armstrong sure is a fucking hero to the American people.” Arthur chuckles, “We did it several times until one time where we failed to do so.”

“Search up Spacelab on the computer, you’ll see we’ve massive leaps in technology.” Arthur clicks the bar once again, typing in the exact word he was asked to type in, revealing the news about such spacelab. “Wow…So this is what the future is like huh? Just…Not on my planet?” “Well, to be fair, Earth could be as advanced by your 2018 like mine’s or be even more advanced.” He continued to explain to Arthur, “So I might be trillions of light years away from Earth, and basically, I time traveled?” Arthur reaches the realization, time travel might as well be possible. “Well, according to my world’s physicists, time travel is only possible into the future and either through traversable wormholes or the Alcubierre drive.” “So…When I got teleported, I was transported through some sort of wormhole that put me however big a number away from Earth to here?” The teleporter, of what Arthur was working on, used the art of wormholes for instant and far travel. “Probably. How did you get here anyway?” He asks Arthur another curious question, “We were experimenting with teleportation, and one of my colleagues accidentally overridden it, and now I’m here talking with a guy on a planet with Fox people walking among it.” He responds, his last words being a joke, laughing at it, “Hardy-har,” Chris sarcastically laughs. “So, how are you supposed to get back to Earth?” Arthur shakes his head, “There is no way…Where I teleported from was likely a worm hole accidentally being created in the lab, and it likely disappeared, it is apparent I will be here for the rest of my life.”

Well, surely they can replicate the wormhole again? They probably have backup plans for situations like this right?" “They have no protocol…They have no idea where I am, and its best for more of them to not teleport back here.” “Brilliant, bloody brilliant those chaps are,” Chris facepalms. “Well, for the time being, you can crash in the other bedroom in my house until we can figure out a plan.” After saying so, Arthur fills with immediate happiness, “Well…Thank you then, can’t go from a mid class scientist to a homeless guy on a street.” He chuckles, still looking at the computer. “I advise doing research on today’s fashion, slang, and species. Sounds like you need to do some serious catching-up to do.” “Well, just let me get use to whatever this system is.” Arthur responds about the internet, looking closely at the monitor, adjusting his glasses then looking to Chris, “This planet just seems so similar to Earth, being inside of this house makes me think of home.” “Are you familiar with Linux?” Charles brings up another immediate drift in the conversation, working correctly with what Arthur was currently doing. “No? What even is that?” “It’s one of the several operating systems a computer can use. Let me convert the computer real quick,” Chris grabbing a CD and inserting into the desktop and typing some console commands. “Seems they made it so easy for anyone to use…” Arthur chuckles, waiting for the OS to load, a reasonably quick installation, faster than what he had back then.

“Well, Linux is based off Unix from the 70’s and 80’s, I figured it would be easier to use as you’re probably used to typing out strings of code.” “Huh…I learned this Unix stuff in college, oughta give Linux a try then.” Then looking towards Chris again, “Seems pretty easy to use…Probably as a base to do other great things.” “Ah, it’s mostly used by the military and hardcore computer enthusiasts nowadays, most people either use Windows or Mac.” “Well, Its best you leave me be just for me to experience what the hell is going on outside of this house.” Arthur cracks a smirk, then looking towards the computer screen again. Chris smiles a bit and then says, “Well you better change clothes first, you look like you came out of a discothèque.” A brown leather jacket with a black undershirt, khakis, and some boots. Arthur’s response was a small chuckle, “Oh…I don’t think I packed any clothes with me.” “I got some jeans and a white t-shirt in the closet,” pointing to his bedroom. “I also got some old Convase sneakers in the closet it as well. Feel free to use them.” “Eh…I guess.” Both Chris and Arthur were the same height, as he stood up and looked towards Chris’s bedroom, “Seem like they could fit.”

“Well, once you get a job, then you can buy your own clothes,” Chris says. “Well its best I keep my history discreet, I don’t want people capturing me for any damn experimentation.” He walks towards the bedroom, his head turned back to Chris. Chris’s cell phone suddenly began to ring and Chris answered it. Chris began talking to his mom in Imperium over the phone while Arthur was going towards the bedroom, sitting down at his desk and continuing to work on his thesis. Arthur quickly closes the door, undressing himself to find said shirt and jeans, hastily putting them on to exit out of the room, sitting back down on the computer once again to observe the countries of Urth…

March 14, 1974
The Pentagon, Washington D.C., Earth
4:01AM
[hr]

A black suited man and a woman, walk down a hallway of the Pentagon, their posture unnaturally straight, their presence of being here is from an emergency call originating from the building, passers by did not look upon the two as their appearance was a normal sight in the building of government mysteries. The same elevator Arthur had went down in, and never came back, was then filled with the presence of the suited people, the elevator steadily brings them down into one of it’s laboratories. The assisting scientist stands in shock as he leaned against a wall, his hand on his forehead as he was still trying to comprehend the past situation, as the guards in the elevator had also come down to give in on the situation they knew nothing of. Both of the agents enter the lab, noticing the 2 large cylindrical objects, which were the teleporters, and the scientist standing in absolute shock, the woman comes up to him, looking up at him.

“Sir? Are you alright?” She asks the scientist, slowly noticing her, “Oh…Who the hell are you?” He asks a question back, his tone shows extreme confusion. She takes out a wallet shaped object, opening it, showing a badge inside and her own face, “Sir…I am Agent Perry with the Central Intelligence Agency,” Perry points to the taller, black suited man as well, “And that is Agent Hamilton, we got a call reporting a scientific accident at the Pentagon, correct?” The man nods, it was quite apparent he was scared over the possible death of his companion, "Y-Yes, I am still finding his coordinates at the current moment. "Might I get your name? She asks, walking closer to the 2 large teleporters, “w…Walter.” He’d stutter out, "Ah, now Walter…Explain to me exactly what happened.

Walter sits down on the table, “Well, I was investigating the mainframe in the other room, and as I was trying to get myself up, I accidentally enabled the teleporter, and it just…transported him.” Perry nods at his explanation, “Well Walter, could you explain to me how these teleporters work? And how far Arthur was teleported?”

“Well…We researched this project to use as instantaneous military transportation, tech to use against the Soviets… Now, how it works is through wormholes which, let me uh…” Walter walks over to his desk, taking out a pencil and a piece of paper, showing it to Perry and Hamilton as he drew 2 x’es and a line connecting them “Well you see, there is point A and point B, the distance between both are too far.” Walter folds the small piece of paper, sticking the pencil through it, “A wormhole literally bends space time, as some sort of shortcut allowing for faster travel in space.” He follows afterwards, “This basically turns it into 2 dimensional space, and to put it simply, wormholes are rather spherical disturbances of space time allowing for fast travel across the universe, rather than it being a hole that is.” Walter sighs, “It was surprisingly easy to produce said wormholes, but…As of now, I am confused as to why the exit was not in the exit teleporter, he was not present in the exit so I have to assume it was generated somewhere else not on Earth.”

“So…You are assuming Arthur was transported to an area not on Earth?” She tilts her head to the right, slightly confused, “I see…You see Walter this is a malfunction possibly on a colossal scale, Arthur may possibly be dead from likely spawning from the wormhole in open space, or on a planet without the presence of Oxygen.” Hamilton would step in once after she said it, “Walter, might we ask is there still presence of said wormhole of where Arthur got transported too?” Hamilton asks, stepping to stand beside Perry, “I am sure an anomaly exists that can generate a disturbance, and hopefully create a wormhole in the region of where the last one was made.” Walter looks inside the door into the mainframe room, “If you’ll follow me.” He gestures the 2 agents to enter into the room, they oblige by walking in, seeing a room full of computers, accompanied by a large mainframe of the teleporter. “This is where all the magic happens…” Walter says with cheer, chuckling afterwards.

The trio ambles to the mainframe, showing a large button, and a large amount of wires linking to the teleporters outside of the room, Walter looks down at the computer screen to see the information after it’s use an hour ago, “See…The teleporter has a 30 minute cooldown after its use.” He looks down at the screen, bright green text over a black meaningless background.

"
TIME ELAPSED SINCE LAST USAGE: 1 HOUR, 50 MINUTES
TELEPORTER STATUS: READY FOR USE
ANOMALY FIELD SETTING: RANDOM (GENERATED FIELD REGION SEED AEZEARTAWRF-239122833)
LOCATION OF EXIT ENTITY: N/A
"
It was the only text displayed on the screen, Walter’s eyes widen at the “Random” beside the Anomaly Field Setting, “Holy shit…” He says in fear, “What?” Perry responds, Walter stands up, “The setting…It was not set to generate the adjacent teleporter exit, it appears it was set to a setting where it generated an anomalous region for wormhole generation, and most of these created are usually a colossal number of light years away from Earth.” Walter would sound absolutely dumbfounded by the setting, “Well…Maybe…We can use this as some form of exploration device?” Agent Hamilton asks Walter, “As a secret project as approved by the president?” Walter sighs at the question Hamilton asked him, “I don’t fucking know if Nixon will approve it, he has other business to tend to but, I am confident he will hopefully approve of such an absurd project.”

“Good…As we can gather information on the region of disturbance, and, we could discover what we have never seen before…Tomorrow we will translate what we have learned today to the president, and we will report to you as soon as possible, have a good night to you Walter.” She nods with a smile, before gesturing Hamilton to immediately leave the lab, Walter stands with overwhelming confusion…

[hr]
March 14, 1974
The White House, Washington D.C., Earth
11:16AM
[hr]

The same two agents would be walking down the hallway towards the oval office, they appear at the front accompanied by two Secret Service agents standing, the door into the office between them, as they both show their badges to the agents, allowing them inside to the office. What they saw was a large desk occupied by the president, Richard Nixon, as he looked up at the two agents. “Is there a reason why you are here today?” Richard Nixon asks the two agents standing, “Uh yes Mr. President, I am Agent Perry of the Central Intelligence Agency, and this is Agent Hamilton, and we came here on behalf of a malfunction in the Narnia Project.” Perry asks, her monotone voice fills the room as Nixon looks up in fear, “A malfunction? Alright, summarize me on this situation please.” The president moves his chair closer towards him, clasping his fists together to listen to the both of the agents. “Well Mr. President, at around 2:00AM, several hours ago, it was apparent a scientist was accidentally transported to a rogue exit, that was not inside the adjacent teleporter. It is likely he was transported to an area that is at an extreme distance from Earth.”

“…Jesus,” Nixon was the only response he made, face palming, “And, what say we do as from now on?” He asks, fumbling his words, “Well, we have recommended that we try to open up another opening to the region he was transported to, and it will likely be very dangerous, and it may likely involve several members from NASA and scientists.” Perry explains her plan of action to him, as he looked towards Hamilton who stood mute, “Alright…I have too much shit happening right now to disregard this. I am absolutely dumbfounded right now.” He gripped his forehead harder as if he was having a headache, gesturing the two to leave his office…"

(joint post between jacknotch and gablogian)
The mainframe room was filled with black suited men, along with several military police officers armed with M16s, Walter walked to the mainframe to see it was ready for use… As he cautiously pushed the button that enabled the generation of a wormhole.

Cunningham Air Force Base; a.k.a. “Area 52”, Laona Province
Drew scratched his furry ear at the strange readings on the console he was stationed at. “What the hell is this…”

The Xagrurgian government commissioned a secret project to determine the feasibility of miniature wormholes. As a result, Drew and a number of brilliant physicists were brought into the project at Area 52, a proving grounds of sorts by the Xagrurgian military for over 60 years.

The guards in the booth were startled at the sudden appearance of a wormhole in the testing room, though they looked towards the scientists for an explanation. They shook their heads and said it wasn’t their doing. Drew decided to do an experiment of his own and wrote on a piece of paper, “Is anyone on the other side of this wormhole?”, crumpled it up and tossed into the wormhole.

Another woman standing in another room containing the teleporters, notices a small compartment open up unexpectedly, a small ball of paper shoots out, startling her as she somehow catched it.
She rushes into the mainframe room, “We have something!” She yells out, handing Walter the note as he crumpled it up, reading it as his eyes widen in absolute surprise and horror.

“My god…This message is in English…” He says as his breath caught him, the group surrounds him to read it as he looked down at the binary code.

Drew looked down at his digital watch on his wrist, awaiting for a response while the guards pointed their M.O.G rifles at the wormhole.

He sighs, taking a pen from his button up shirt pocket, quickly writing the response “Yes.” on the paper, quickly rushing into the adjacent room to throw the paper into the compartment once again.

Drew saw the paper fly out of the wormhole and hit the face of a guard, flinching. “Ow,” he rubbed his face. The guard then opened up the note and read the word, “Yes,” scribbled onto it. The scientists were extremely excited about this and called the Xagrurgian Department of Defense about the development. Meanwhile, Drew equipped a MOPP suit in a locker in a nearby security office and gathered a couple of the guards who were also wearing MOPP suits in case there were biological agents on the other side and prepared to go into the wormhole. “Let’s hope this doesn’t go to shit,” he says, with a suitcase containing information about Urth in hand that was prepared in case something like this were to occur, even in the smallest of possibilities.

Walter walks back into the room once again, the other scientists, CIA agents, and Military Police look at him, begging for future outcomes.
“People…I believe we are communicating with extra terrestrial entities…Aliens, basically.” Walter explains to the group of men, all of their eyes widen in horror.

Drew crossed through the wormhole with the guards, appearing in an empty room with a door. With a bag of scientifc equipment on his back, he began scanning the room. Meanwhille, the Xagrurgian soldiers keep their guard up and remain cautious.

Walter would have heard the faint, muffled voices of one of the scientists, his eyes widen more at the presence of the English in the other room, as he gestured one of the military policemen into the other room, as the man readied the M16A1, moving Walter beside, slowly opening the door up. “H-Hello?” The man would peak his head, looking into the other room.

The guards immediately turned their rifles at the sudden noise but Drew ordered them to stand down and then said, “Hello there.”

Out of a reaction, the man panickly slams the door, breathing heavily, looking to Walter, “There is…There is other men outside…” “Well then…” Walter nods at the officer, opening the door once again, slowly walking out of the room to notice the other men in suits.

One of the Xagrurgian soldiers said to Drew, “Sir, your orders?” Drew responded, “Stand down but remain cautious.” As he said that, he saw someone else by the door and asked, “Who’s over there?”

“I am a scientist, I come without aggression…”
Drew then said to the man, “Good afternoon then sir, I think.” Drew and the soldiers were surprised at the appearence of a human on the otherside, but Drew is able to conceal it.

“How are you speaking English?” He was confused, the fact that what are potentially aliens, were speaking the same language as he was.

What is English? We are speaking Codexian."

“Codexian? We are speaking English.”

“Parallel development of languages, fascinating,” he mumbled to himself. Drew then asked, “Where are we?”

You are on Earth? What universe are you from to speak the same language as us?"

“Depends on your defintion of ‘universe.’ I am from Urth. Federal Republic of Xagrurg, Auroran Continent.”

“Urth? Earth?” Walter places his hand to his forehead in confusion.

“Perhaps a description of our worlds would be in order,” Drew suggested.

“I advise you all to remove your gas masks…I must see your facial appearances.”

Drew checked his device to determine the atmospheric conditions of the room. “Nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and then trace amounts of carbon dioxide, neon, helium, methane, krypton, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, xenon, ozone, iodine, carbon monoxide, and ammonia. Should be safe enough to breath,” Drew said to the men. They all removed their gas masks including Drew, revealing his furry head and ears.

Walter steps back in surprise at his appearance his eyes widen, his facial structure so similar to that of a Fox. “What in the fuck?”

“You never seen a bipedal fox before?” jokes Drew.

He looks at the other Humans, even more confused. “What is this? What universe you come from?”

“We don’t know. We could even be in the same universe or galaxy for all I know. I was just conducting experiments with wormholes in my laboratory when this random wormhole popped up in the testing chamber.”

“We were too…We lost a scientist to this.”
Walter looks behind the door, slowly opening it to allow the group inside,

“Poor man, what was the scientist’s name? Perhaps he landed in our world by a stroke of luck.”

“Arthur…Arthur Coffey,” They could see the room having several, green fatigue wearing men aiming M16 assault rifles towards the group and Walter, along with agents doing the same thing.

The Xagrurgian soldiers aimed their MOG rifles back at the men with M16s in response. “Hang on, let’s all calm down here.”

Walter looks towards the group, slowly sticking his hand out to order them to lower their weapons.
The glimpse of the room would show a room full of computers and machines from the early 70s.

Drew motioned his men to stand down again, which they did, albeit reluctantly, and looked at the old computers and machines in the other room. “Damn, that’s some old equipment you got back there.”

“Old? What do you mean old? These computers are state of the art.”
Walter slowly walks into the other room, looking with caution at the armed group.

“Does ‘state-of-the-art’ mean 40 years old here or…?”

“40 years ago? You mean 1934?”

“No, 1978.”

“You are saying…You use the same year system as us?” He scratches his head, “Because the year right now is 1974.”

“On my planet, Urth, it is the 29th of April, 2018, approximately 20:22.”

He tilts his head to the right, “Gregorian calendar plus 44 years?” He sighs, “The current date right now is March 16, 1974, 20:22 too…”

“Great, the wormhole lunged us 40 years into the past onto a different world.”

“Yeah…And I am talking to a Fox man from the future on a different planet!”

“True,” Drew shrugged. “Have your people been working on the art of wormholes long?”

“We started the Narnia project in 1972, now we’ve all focused on alien contact now that we had a scientist that disappeared in the teleporter.” He’d still offer the men to enter inside, “Now…Enter, we do not bite.”

“Sure,” Drew said warily to the man, motioning his men to come wit him to the other world.

As they would walk into the room, they would hear the same Woman that gave Walter the paper scream at Drew, clearly panicked by his appearance “What the hell is that thing?” She yells out, tripping and falling against a wall.

Drew said in a calming manner to the frightened woman, “Don’t worry, I’m not here to hurt, just talk,” extending his hand to her.(edited)

“No! Stay away from me!” She yells out again, crawling away from her as a black suited man quickly covers her mouth with his hand to quiet her.

“Alright then,” Drew said softly to the woman. Turning to the black-suited man, Drew asked, “Who are you?”

“Oh…” He looks at the Woman and then to Drew, “I am agent…Uh…Agent Frank Hamilton of the CIA…Who are you?”

“Head Scientist Drew Tang, Xagrurgian Department of Defense, Special Activities Division.”

“Might I ask what are you?” He’d look at Drew, confused by his appearance, but still somewhat calm.

“I am a Vulpine, essentially a bipedal sentient Fox.”

“And…What have you come here for?”

“To explore where no one has gone before,” jokes Drew, making a reference to the Urth sci-fi show Star Voyage.

He tilts his head to the right slightly, “Is that a Star Trek reference?” He’d smirk.

“Pretty much,” Drew said, assuming Star Trek was the parallel world’s version of Star Voyage.

He quickly shakes his head, “Enough references for now,” Hamilton would take his hand off of the Woman’s mouth, standing up to meet the Vulpine while standing up
“Well then…Where you are, is the Pentagon, in Washington D.C., between the state of Maryland and Virginia in the United States on the North American continent, on Earth.”

Drew quickly begins record the conversion with his phone as it would be inefficient to use a notepad and pencil.

“The countries that border our country, is Mexico, Canada, and the Soviet Union.”
“And even then…I am willing to let you meet our president, Richard Nixon…”

A black-suited woman would step up out of nowhere, noticing the equipment. “I like how you all dress tactically.” The woman smiles, looking at Hamilton and the Vulpine.

Drew turned to the woman who made the comment and said, “Thanks, these are brand-new,” pointing to the next-gen rifles, night-vision goggles and the prototype exoskeletons and armor the soldiers are wearing.

“Well…Richard Nixon is in this complex right now…But, I am amazed how both of our worlds are coincidentally the same as each other, besides the presence of uh…Vulpines and stuff.”

“There’s more species on Urth but we can discuss that later. Is Richard Nixon aware of us?”

“He is aware of the accident that has happened days prior.”

The group would hear the small crashing of the elevator, along with the noisy sound of it opening.

The Xagrurgians turned towards the elevator, noticing a man in a suit walking out of it.

It was a middle aged man, between two blacksuited men with black glasses on, as he ambled slowly towards the door, stopping in his tracks once he saw Drew…

“Sentient bipedal fox,” Drew said as he assumed Nixon was going to ask him that.

“I see…” Nixon slowly walked towards the Vulpine, looking down at him.

Drew did the same to Nixon, scanning him. After a couple of seconds, Drew said, “My name is Drew Tang.”

“President Richard Nixon,” He responds quietly, looking at Hamilton and Perry in the room also.

“I presume you may have some questions for us?”

“Yes…Might I ask your intentions here?”

“To explore what’s on the other side of the wormhole, if the wormhole doesn’t collapse first.”

“I was told a general region of a disturbance was generated, probably over where you are.”

“Speaking of wormholes, have you guys figured out how to stabilize them yet?” turning to Walter.

“No…Not really…We accidentally put a setting that randomly locates a field of disruption…Which is basically a region where wormholes can develop.”

“Shit, we should probably send this information back into the wormhole before it closes.”

“I feel we should at least try to keep this open…Allow our scientists to go into your world to investigate it.”

“Sure, just warn us before you enter as we had ‘other things’ come through.”

Nixon would step in beside Walter, looking down at the Vulpine, “Although I am most interested in your appearance…I shall not let you disclose this meeting to your public, as I shall not disclose it to mine…And, I would love for us to have great contact with an alien civilization…”
“But…I am a worrisome person, as I feel this technology could also be learned by the Soviets, which I consider to you, our greatest enemy at the moment.”

"Soviets? I presume they’re communists?

“They are Communists.”
“A political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs…”

“We also have a similar ideology on Urth , and it’s working for the most part.”

“Communism? That works?” Nixon would let out a loud chuckle

"“The people in East Cerdani are living pretty happily, albeit their economy is stagnant.”

“Well…Who leads East Cerdani to make this system…“work”?”

“Erich Honecker.”

The suited man would go quiet for a second. “A coincidence…The leader of East Germany, a country on our planet…Their leader is named Erich Honecker as well…”
“Could you explain this “East Cerdani” for me? Fox man?” He’d smile, joking at the last part of his sentence.

“East Cerdani, well, let me pull up their information page real quick,” as he took out his phone and opened a document about East Cerdani.

He looks down at the device, confused, “What is that thing?” He points to the phone
“Is it some form of…computer?”

“This is a ‘smartphone,’ a device that pretty much acts as a portable electronic assistant.”

“Ah…Futuristic technology from your civilization? Wonderful.”

Drew remembered he had a briefcase and told Nixon, “I got some memorabilia from Urth here in my case.”

He looks down at the case… “Can I see it?”

“Sure,” said Drew.
((there’s a vinyl record from Urth Voyager probe, a flag of Xagrurg, a photo of a family, a photo of the urban cityscape of Laona, and more)

Nixon looks at the contents, smiling… “Your civilization…Or what part of your civilization is just like ours.”
“Your landscape, your families…Is very similar to that despite the addition to your non-Human races.”

“If you guys got a vinyl player, you guys can go play the record if you want.”

He looks to Walter, “Do we have a vinyl player?” The scientist man would nod right and left, “Damnit.”

“Well, you guys can keep the record, I think its mission is a success,” looking at the humans and Nixon.

“Well then, I want to keep contact with you…As this moment will be the most historic in all of our civilization’s histories. We hope to keep a stable opening to your lab and this one.”

“I concur. Our scientists should work together to stabilize the wormhole.”

“But…I am afraid that the wormhole could end up in potentially random places…As one of your scientists could end up somewhere in the USSR, or one of its satellite nations.”

“I believe we may have encountered one of your nations as during one of our experiments, some people in combat fatigues appeared in our testing chamber, speaking Slavic and claimed they were from a place called the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.”(edited)

He would go quiet once again…Looking to be somewhat scared. “My god…Then they must have this technology too…”

“During another experiment, one of our scouting groups crossed into the wormhole and appeared in a nuclear-devestated city. They reported that the city was recently attacked by a lone bomber and that the survivors were speaking ‘Japanese’ or something.”(edited)

“Yes…We did that…We were at war with this nation known as Japan, and we dropped 2 nuclear bombs on their cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.”

“Well, good thing we showed up after the bomb dropped then.”

“Good. We are hoping the next big war, will not go nuclear as our arsenal of nuclear bombs are in the thousands.”

“Sounds like the Auroran Cold War then.”

“Auroran Cold War?”

“It was a massive standoff between the Morstablysian Empire and Ethalyrian Empire during the 20th century, except it went hot.”

“Was it nuclear?”
After he said so, Nixon would look in the suitcase once again, to see a large factbook of all the nations on Urth,

“Somehow, it wasn’t. Though there were hundreds of thousands of casualties to my knowledge.”

“Our last major war, casualties was in the millions.”
“It was around 1939 to 1945, World War II, started off with Nazi Germany, a Fascist regime, invading Poland, causing our allies the United Kingdom, and France to declare war.”

“The Auroran-Imperial War, the one I referred to earlier, took place in 1970 through 1975 after the Ethalyrian invasion of the Xagrurgian-Ethalyrian border demilitarized zone.”

“So…Around the current year here yes?”

“Correct.”

“Ah…Who were the belligerents?”

“Ethalria and the Kostromostan Empire, both destroyed now.”

“Ah…Speaking of Fascism I referred to earlier, does Fascism exist on your planet?”

“Yes, along with feudal monarchies and an alien colony whose origins are lost to time.”

“What are these nation names exactly?”

“Fortuna, Celannica, Asendavia, and more I could think of while the alien colony is called East Malaysia.”

“East Malaysia? Malaysia exists here on Earth.”

Drew shrugged and said, “I don’t know why they chose that name. Anyway, did your people travel to other areas with the wormholes yet?”

“Oh…We had an incident where a scientist was accidentally transported, likely to your planet, so that is why we are investigating the region over your world.”

“During one of experiments, again, we happened to pop in some depository in a city named Dallas and there was a motorcade. All of a sudden, some man shot at the motorcade. Do you know who was the target by chance?”

“Lee Harvey Oswald.”
“No wait…”
Richard Nixon chuckles “Excuse my stupidity as I read your question wrong, it was our former president John F. Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald was the perpetrator.”

“Are you sure Lee Harvey Oswald was the only perpetrator? As we saw him speak to a radio on his belt in Slavic to someone and there was a rustle in the grassy knoll nearby.”

“Well…We think Oswald was the only perpetrator to this…You don’t think…”

“One of our Xagrurigan scouts dressed in a suit to blend in with security jumped onto the back of the car where I think John F. Kennedy was shot to check on him and his wife. Never figured out what happened to him though as he didn’t report back at the designated check-in time.”

“So…You are saying the USSR has been involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy?”

“Beats me, we didn’t go back to the time afterwards to investigate further.”

“And you have been interfering with what has happened in the past?”

“I’m not sure, as we have occasionally but rarely seen other mysterious people jumping in and out of wormholes.”

Nixon would sigh, looking towards Walter and down at Drew, “Well…I am too stressed from all of that watergate bullshit still happening, and my best course of action is to atleast send a large squad of scientists all over your planet…To investigate life there.”

“Seems good, but don’t come armed, don’t want a shootout in a facility filled with expensive equipment and wormhole research do we now?”

Walter would step up infront of Richard Nixon, “Mr. President, can I volunteer?”

Nixon quickly moves Walter over to see Drew, “Sure…As long as you don’t do as this man says.”

Drew looked around the room and then said, “You got a computer that I can sift through your world’s information?”

“We do not sadly.”
Answered Walter, looking around at the computers, which appeared new to him, but old to the Xagrugians.

“It’s a shame, would’ve been interesting to see how changed Earth is with all this wormhole jumping.”

“We have libraries, with books explaining our history and all of the world’s factbooks…”

“Man, it’s been a while since I last visited a library, with the internet rising and whatnot.”

“Internet? That exists?”
“Well…Publicly that is.”

“Oh right, it’s still a classified project back in the 70’s,” Drew said to himself. “Yeah, it exists publically. Over 3.2 billion users and rising.”

“Jesus…That’s almost as big as the world population here right now!”

“Yeah, the Green Revolution did wonders to population growth. Last time I checked, our population was around 7 to 9 billion but I could be wrong.”

“Ah…Might I ask any concurrent wars happening in your world at the moment? Largest one here right now is a war happening currently in a country known as “Vietnam”, we withdrew our forces after a large death toll worth of fighting there since 1965.”

“Oddly enough, we also have a Vietnam down in Gondwana. So far, they have not started fighting yet but tensions are growing between them. Other than that, I don’t believe we have any wars currently.”

“My…Our worlds are extremely similar to have countries with the same name.”
Nixon chuckles,

“It is strange,” Drew cracks a smile.

“Yes…Even then…You are lucky to not come here alone…Your appearance would have horrified all of us, and you would potentially be captured for experimentation. I am intrigued by your structure, and I would love to learn more about your species.” Nixon responds, extending his hand out to the Vulpine.

Drew then shakes Nixon’s hand firmly while saying, “I would love to study this planet and its species as well.”

“I assume our animals would be so similar as our planets are nearly identical…Us Humans occupy these lands only.”

“The anthropological research would be very interesting indeed.”

“Yes…I would like our scientists to explain the nations where your species is in the majority population. As observing would bring us to a better understanding.”

“So, I understand you mentioned something about a ‘Watergate’ earlier yes?”

“Yes…Around 2 years ago, and people are blaming me due to the fact that five me burglarized one of our government properties.”

“If you were forced to resign by these people, who would be next in line and would he be informed on this project?”

“My Vice President, Gerald Ford yes.”

“Well then, I don’t suppose you have any more questions for me?”

“I do not have anymore questions for you sir…” He looks to Walter, “But this man has said he wanted to be the first volunteer to give more insight on your world.”

“I’ll allow it, just don’t go around breaking stuff though.”

Walter nods and smiles, “I promise I will not!”

“By the way Walter, can you give me your data on this wormhole? Just in case we need to try and spawn it.”

“Ah…Yes.” He quickly rushes into the other room, coming out with a piece of paper to hand to Drew, containing information on said wormhole.

“Thank you. Now, let’s jump into the wormhole before it dissipates.”

He looks back at Richard Nixon, shaking his hand. “I thank you for this opportunity, Mr. President,” Only Nixon responded with a smile and a nod, then looking back towards Drew.

Drew, Walter, and the 6 Xagrurgian soldiers walk into the wormhole, popping out on the other side, the appearance of Walter surprising the scientists in the observation room.

Walter looks around the room in awe…

The scientists in the observation chamber looked through the window with security bars and reinforced glass at Walter, studying him.

“So…This is your place yes?”

“Yes.”

“I guess you can see the mainframe room. Follow me this way through the blast door and into the hallway.”

“Alright!” He says with a cheer.

Drew and Walter went through a series of hallways before reaching the mainframe room, who Drew opened the door and allowed Walter to see the rows and rows of state-of-the-art hardware running simultaneously.

He’d continue to look around in awe, the technology never even thought of even in a movie, “How long did it take you to research such things like this?”

“This? We just asked for it from the feds and they handed it over to us. The designers took about a couple of months to come out and manufacture them.”

“Months? Wow.”

“Being part of a highly classified black ops division comes with its perks.”

“Well…The project we were working on was extremely classified.”

“I guess we had more funding then,” Drew smiled.

Walter looks back at Drew, “Do you have a political map of this planet?”

“Yeah, give me a minute.” Drew runs over to a computer on a desk, logs in, and hops into a internet browser and brings up a map of the world.

Walter looks in closer, having hesitation to ask about the computer, looking at a large island in the middle of it.

“What is this giant ass blob here?” Walter points to the red colored region of it.

“That is South Hills, one of the superpowers on Urth.”

“Weird name…Its just a country full of hills?”

“Nah, more like nuclear missiles,” Drew jokes.

“How many in their arsenal?”
“Because… If this is your planet’s superpower, they gotta have some rivals.” Walter chuckles.

“I believe around 4,018 nuclear missiles, according to public sources.”

“Very large amount…” He would point to the larger, purple blob near South Hills, “This one?”

“That is Packilvania, a major Islamic caliphate.”

“Islam exists on your planet?” He cocks his eyebrow, showing absolute confusion.

“Along with Abrahamism, Neo-Confucianism, and Catholicism.”

“Oh…Jesus…Well then…” He’d look over the same continent Packilvania, “Uhh…Vek eh…you… Asendavia…Valokchia?” He mumbles out, slowly saying out the countries.
“You seem to have alot of unclaimed space…”

“International treaties were created to help control the sprawl of civilized development as Urth is undergoing the drastic consequences of climate change.”

“Ah…The industrial revolution has caused great climate disruption on our planet…” He’d gain some interested in the Northeastern part of Yasteria, "Could you give me a rundown of these nations uh…Vek…eh…you, Asendavia…And Valokchia? Very interesting names.`

“Asendavia is a feudal monarchy while Valokchia is supposed to be a parliamentary democracy but they’re going undergoing severe civil strife as of late. Vekaiyu is another superpower and a member of the Kerilo Accords, a major faction on Urth along with the United Nations of the Auroran Continent and the Atlantian Council or whatever they’re called.”

“Ah…What do you mean by civil strife with that weird Valokchia country?”

“The tinpot dictatorship in power has been oppressing Vulpines while humans have been given privileges. As a result, radical political parties from both spectrums have popped up, the major ones a fascist party and a ‘democratic socialist’ party.”

“Fascism rising huh? I wonder who leads the Fascist party is as competent as Benito Mussolini.” Walter jokes,

“Well, there is a dude called Heinrich Himmler in their party I think, if that makes any difference. Pretty violent man.”

“What I have learned, Heinrich Himmler was the Reichsfuhrer of the SS in Nazi Germany during World War II.”

“Ah yes, World War 2; your president mentioned it earlier. I think we made a couple trips during that time, perhaps a couple files on them.”

“Any documentation of Adolf Hitler? Erwin Rommel? Joseph Goebbels? Hermann Goering? Rudolf Hess?” He began spitting out random names of known Nazi figures at the Vulpine.

“Adolf Hitler, we may have tried to assassinate him with a bomb in his office but some idiot discovered it and detonated it early. Erwin Rommel was executed as a traitor. The others probably fled to Argentina with Hitler at the end of the war.”

“You’re saying Adolf Hitler escaped to Argentina?”

“Yeah, we got a file on that as well. We can’t pinpoint his exact location though.”

“Is he still alive?”
“Because…He may be 85 at the moment!”

“Most likely, we’ve been receiving occasional rumours and possible sightings of him since 1945.”

“This might be very historical…If so…We must kill him for his atrocities.”
“Or…We shall let old age execute him?”

“Let the old age kill him. Or the mosquitoes,” Drew smiles.

“Yes…Fascism is most very well a dead ideology on Earth…The only country existing with the same belief is Spain.”

“Do you want any information about your planet’s future? As we have documentation for events up to your year 2018 C.E.”

“Yes.”
“Are you time travelers or something?”

"Essentially, yes.

“I wonder if we could do the same…”

“In 2001, the United States under the George W. Bush Jr. administration will invade Iraq under the guide of removing WMDs and the Taliban when there were no actual WMDs, causing the creation of a Islamic caliphate in 2014 and mass chaos in the Middle East.”

“So…There is no nuclear war in that time huh?”

“Nah, the Soviet Union collapsed under Mikhail Gorbachev in 1991.”

Walter smiles at the response, “Heh heh, that’s because Communism does not work!”

“Unfortunately, the People’s Republic of China replaced them and the USA is deeply divided between political ideologies.”

“Ah yes…I forgot about China…What has happened the past weeks in your world?”

“Well, a massive concert is going to take place in a couple of weeks.”

“What kind of concert? Something as big as Woodstock?”

“Bigger.”

“Nonsense, no concert can be as big as Woodstock.”

“We’re going to have over a billion viewers watching online I believe.”

“Ah…Why can’t they just go to the concert directly?”

“Concert hall can only hold 4 thousand,” says Drew.

Walter shrugs, “Guess it is famous if people watch it indirectly I guess.”

“Eh,” says Drew. “What genre of music do you listen to?”

“Oh…I don’t listen to music alot.”
“It distracts me whenever I do my work.”

“I’m a fan of Nervena, a 90’s grunge band, and occasionally music from the 60’s.”

“What’s the music like now?”

“Shit tons of crappy autotune songs by teen idols.”

He shakes his head slightly, “Guess I shouldn’t care.”

“Well, what else do you want to see?”

“Everything that I should see.”

(image of Xagrurgian command room)

“Let me show you to our command center,” Drew said.

Walter nods, awaiting to follow him.

After several more hallways and staircases, they reach an elevator and enter it. “So, what do you think so far?” he asked Walter.

Walter stops to look in surprise of the absolute magnificence of the room. “Holograms?” He looks back to Drew with a smile.

"We also have automated turrets but they’re offline right now as they’re undergoing repairs after the last incident.’

“Do you think it is possible for our country to borrow your…Technology?”

“Possibly, but imagine the level of industrial espionage by all parties if they find out about this.”

“We best hope to prevent such things…”
“With such technology our country will be superior to all technologically.”

“You would, but how would one explain the sudden advances in tech?”

“True…”

“We could lend you a couple of technical experts in exchange for financial resources as our economy is in the tank right now. Speaking of the economy, invest big in New York real estate along with something called Bitcoin in the 2000’s, trust me.”

“Well…We have been for years striving for being superior over the Soviet Union, so this is not out of question.”

“By the way, when the Soviets invade Afghanistan in the 1980’s, the USA will back the Mujahideen, who will eventually backstab you and blow up a financial center in New York called the World Trade Towers and the Pentagon with planes on September 11, 2001.”

“Well, that’s just the Soviets way of expanding their ideology…And do you have proof of these events?”

Drew types in a couple of commands in a computer console, bringing up news footage of the attacks on 9/11 along with its ensuing chaos and destruction.

“Man…And we have just finished building them!”

“Yeah, damn terrorists.”

“Well…Now we’ll believe anything you’ll say…So its best to prevent all of this shit from happening.”

“There is a catch to all this time-travel bullshit however. Every small change to the timeline will cause the butterfly effect, possibly resulting in significantly different futures.”

“So that is why you did not tamper with anything?”

“Well, we did tamper somewhat. But they were either due to native interference or rogue agents.”

“…Tamper with what?”

“I don’t suppose you know the assassination of Franz Ferdinand do you?”

“Uh yes…It jumpstarted World War I?”

“The driver may have interacted with one of our agents who then accidently gave him the wrong directions the day before.”

“Well, shit.”

“There was also the Watergate incident.”

“You were involved in that?”

“Remember those strangers I mentioned earlier?”

“Uhh…Yes?”

“During our observation mission there across the street in a van, their wormhole popped up near the hotel around the time those burglars were inside and somehow knew they were inside as they went straight to a phone booth and called the cops.”

“How long have you been doing this experiment for?”

“About 40 years.”

“What have you achieved during that span?”

“Significant information about your world, though we have too much to summarize briefly.”

“Seems like your information could be great use for a movie, TV Show, book or anything like that…”

“We’re actually doing one right now as a cover, it’s called Starportal-2.”

“Great way to entertain the public while basing information on actual civilizations.” Walter smiles.

“So, what do you think of us so far?”

“I like this planet…It is so very similar to ours, I wish we could keep contact for a very, very long time.”
Walter sighs, fidgeting with his fingers, “Also…Have you heard of the scientist, Arthur Coffey?”

“No unfortunately.”

“Ah well, he was one of our scientists for the Narnia Project, and has unfortunately, likely been teleported to this planet.”

“Sounds like our early attempts with wormhole technology,” Drew said.

“We originally planned this for instantaneous military troop travel…But now it looks like we can contact entire alien civilizations.”

“One must be cautious with this technology however, we had several incidents where firefights erupted in our testing chamber, hence the heightened security measures there.”

“Firefights between who?”

“Other rival nations, extraterrestrials, weird-ass insectoids, and more.”

“Atleast we won’t have Soviets spawn into our building and cause World War III.”

"You never know,"says Drew. “Should I also mention our sleeper agents on your world as well or no?”

“Sleeper agents?”

“We left a couple of our own people through the centuries to record and report information about your societies, some of them playing key factors in your development.”

“What are their names? What did they do?”

“Some of them’s code names were Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin, and Gerald Rudolph Ford Jr. You may know them.”

He gets a surprised look on his face… “So you are saying two of the most important allied leaders of WW2, and the current vice president, are not from Earth?”

“Yes, as to gain the most valuable insights into your world and to prevent the rise of totalitarian regimes, although we severely failed the latter goal.”

“So…I guess some conspiracies by crazy homeless people are true then.”

“Yeah, some of those homeless people were witnesses or suspicious people who uncovered their actual identities.”

“Man…At least its best to keep all of this classified.”

“Perhaps, hopefully the reds don’t get their hands on this information.”

“Definitely, or else we can hope to at least not cause any form of war.”

“True. Anyway, got any questions or anything else you would like to see?”

“What time is it right now?”

“It’s 21:52.”

“So…Nighttime huh? Any place to sleep?”

“Would you like to return back to your world or would you like to sleep here? If so, you should probably inform your people first.”

“They likely know I will be here for a while…”

“Still, best to return this information to your people first. As a good gesture of faith.”

Walter sighs, “Alright…Although I am tired, I’ve always wanted to sleep on another planet.” The man jokes

“I always did want to interact with an extraterrestrial, a friendly one though,” Drew smiles.

“Well…A couple of decades ago we would have been horrified of you.”

“How far back would this be?”

“Around 1930s to 40s?”

“Oh right, George Orwell.”

“Yeah? He created War of the Worlds and 1984?”

“Eric Blair also known as George Orwell: I heard interesting reports of him by Churchill.”

Yes…I have heard."

“Anyways, living quarters are on Floor -15, Section A. Once you get permission from your supervisor, I can assign you a room.”

“Alrighty…”

“Okay…Thank you then, hope the beds are comfy as hell though.”

“Well, this base is a military base. Though they made accommodations for us civilians so they shouldn’t be too bad.”

“Ah well then…I bid you good night then.” He walks out of the room, looking back with a smile at Drew.

“Good night,” Drew nodded at Walter.

He nods, exiting the room, likely to go asleep on the unknown planet.

(OOC: Remember kids, use google documents to write joint posts on because discord chats suck)

Arkalo Major, Axdel

As the clock struck 2pm, there was a series of knocks at Jason Yensens’ door. Right on time.

“Come in,” said the director of foreign surveillance. The door opened, and in stepped a middle aged man with thick, partly greying hair, who wore a pair of rimless glasses that made him look like a psychiatrist. “Ah, Dr Billing, you’re right on schedule. Please take a seat.”

“Thank you Mr Yensen,” replied billing, who then sat on the chair opposite Yensen at his desk. He was clasping a document and a tablet device in his hands which he set down on the table.

“So,” he began. “Your supervisor and several agents inform me that you have found some interesting data from your gravitational wave detector. My agents have given me a small briefing on it, but please tell me exactly have you found?”

“Yes, its really rather unnerving you see.” he said, flipping through the bound document. “Since we began operating the GLIO detectors in Axdel and Justelvard, we’ve been getting anomalous, short-lived pulses of gravitational waves that happen irregularly, though are usually of similar strength.” He produced a pair of graphs which looked similar to seismographs. “Here’s one such event. Now because we have two detectors which are oriented differently to each other, we can use them to pinpoint the source of gravitational waves we detect. What’s disturbing though, its that the detectors say these pulses came from completely different directions.”

“Where are these waves coming from then?”

“The fidelity of these detectors aren’t perfect, but using the differences in arrival time and wave orientation, we have calculated the wave source is localised within north Xagrurg,” he activated the tablet, and it showed a simulation of a sphere of waves emerging from the country and being picked up by the GLIO detectors. “I must say though, we recently detected a similar, but weaker, pulse localised within West Mifflin South Hills, and we’re not really sure why”

Yensen was taken aback by this, and paused for a moment to ask his next question. “What does this mean? What could they be caused by?”

“I can’t say I’ve seen or expected to detect anything like this before, but given the intensity our best theory is that of a miniature black hole or a wormhole-type experiment. The damage either of those could do if it went wrong terrifies me; Urth could be ripped apart by tidal forces if a large wormhole collapsed! And I dread to think about a back hole dropping into Urth’s mantle. We’re trying to estimate the masses involved, though its tricky considering we have no idea what really caused it and the odd signature, though we’ll have an answer soon, maybe in a few hours.”

“That’s good, cant have enough intel on this situation.” he said, looking back at the tablet which now showed the areas in Xagrurg and South Hills the signatures came from. “Naturally we’ll take over the investigation from here, but I’m going to ask you to report any further pulses and their locations to me ASAP. I always carry a secure phone with me, so for now take this number and when you call tell the operator who you are then ask for Yensen, got it?”

“I do,” he replied, adding the number to his phone contacts.

“Good. One final question before you go. When was the last time you got a pulse?”

“It’ll be on here, let me check,” said Billings, tapping the tablet and bringing up a sheet of data. “Only a few hours ago, from Xagrurg like the others, but curiously with the same strength as the South hills signature.”

“Interesting. Thank you for coming Dr Billings, we’ll be in contact.”

“No problem, I’ll call the moment we get new readings.” he said, getting up and leaving the room with his tablet and the document.

Once Billings was gone, Yensen picked up the secure phone on his desk and dialled for the head of the Secrets and Intelligence Agency. They picked up, and the familiar voice of his boss came through the speaker.

“Good afternoon Sir, about the data I sent you concerning the esoteric event in Laona… Yes I just have, I was going to ask if you wanted to begin operations now we have enough evidence of activity there… Alright, do we have any agents in the area?.. Okay, no problem. Broadcast orders from the reverb station and get new images of the sites of interest from the Phyang and Lhyster satellites… Yes sir, commencing operation Dilenna at once.”[edit_reason]minor changes[/edit_reason]

Joint post between onga, jacknotch,and kashinko

May 4, 1974; Pentagon, Washington D.C., U.S.A

As the leaders of the major nations of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization entered the room with their translators, many wondered why were they called for an emergency meeting and at the middle of the night.

West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt sat down at one of the chairs at the conference table and asked President Richard Nixon, “What is the purpose of this meeting?”

Richard Nixon looks towards Schmidt with a look that looked like a glare, but it’s context rather showing no aggression or anger, “Well…Mr Schmidt, as our classified experimentation is rather kept to our government’s secrets, the recent incidents the past month or two, should be considered an international matter.” Nixon sighed, “We were doing a project, regarding instantaneous transportation between locations, and we have stumbled upon what looked to be an alien civilization like ours…As well one of our scientists were transported to said civilization.”

Helmut Schmidt laughs at Nixon at the absurd explanation and then says, “I don’t suppose you also have been developing plasma weaponry and faster-than-light travel as well? Now seriously, can you tell us why we’re truly here?”

Nixon sighed again, “Have you seen our laboratory with this current project? And, we have seemed to have gotten evidence from these beings, that were horrifyingly Human as well, I consider myself crazy, Mr. Schmidt, but what we have here is potentially revealing about classified Warsaw Pact experimentation.”

Helmut Schmidt cocks an eyebrow at said evidence and then says, “I have not seen your laboratory but I am intrigued at your supposed evidence and Warsaw Pact experiments. Can you show them to us please?”

“On one condition of not telling any word of this to the general public,

“We’re behind closed doors in the Pentagon at midnight. We get the point.”

“Yes…Yes, if you will follow me.” Nixon nods, gesturing Helmut to follow him…

Helmut, Lord Wilson, and the other NATO leaders got up from their chairs and followed Nixon, wondering what is going on. Around 2 minutes of walking around the hallways of the large complex, arrive at a large elevator, occupied by 2 military personnel heavily armed, Nixon pressed one of the buttons beside it, the elevator slowly opening its doors…

Helmut Schmidt was impressed at the high-tech decor and furnishings of the facility and then turned to Nixon, “I suppose this is where your evidence is?”

Nixon nods, “Yes, now if you will excuse me,” He moves over to quickly push the button inside of the elevator, as it proceeds down deep into the complex.

After several minutes of waiting, the elevator reaches its destination, opening its doors. Helmut Schmidt scanned the room in front of the doors and was intrigued by the two round tubes. “What are those for?”

Nixon looks at him with a deep smile, “Teleporters! Using wormholes to travel between distances very very shortly!”

“Can you test it in front of us to see how it works?”

He nods cheerfully, nodding again at one of the scientists to run into the room adjacent to the room the group was in…Several minutes pass as one of the teleporters began to make a slightly loud rumbling noise, and what sounded like an explosion.

“What just happened?” asked Helmut.

“It just generated a wormhole, the current region one of those nerds said was on some planet, don’t ask who drafted this whole plan in the first place.”

Helmut was surprised when Nixon said that the teleporter actually created a wormhole. “Do you have proof of this 'wormhole’?”

Nixon nods once more, “Yes…Humans actually came out of it and some weird Fox looking man, they are actually pretty peaceful, say they come from the year “2018” on another planet.”

Wilson would finally pipe up after all this time, looking at Nixon with a face of perplexion. “You’re saying a fox looking man and a human came out of a wormhole? For god’s sake Richard, have you lost your mind?” The British Prime Minister crossed his arms and let out a sigh.

Helmut looked at Wilson and then at Nixon and said, “Can you provide evidence about your claims?”

“Indeed, a photograph would be a nice addition.” Wilson rubbed his chin and furrowed his brow.

“Ah. Yes!” Richard notices the black suitcase situated on the table, hastily grabbing it as its contents were put back into it, looking back at Wilson and Schmidt, opening it slowly as he noticed the picture, turning around as he had it in hand to showcase both, the photo contains a family containing both Humans and Vulpines.

Helmut, upon closely looking at the picture, was shocked at the appearance of vulpines and humans as a family in the picture and quickly turning towards Nixon, “How is this possible?”

“May I?” Wilson walked to the side of his German counterpart and peered at the picture. Although it was more subtle, there was a hint of shock and curiosity on his face. “Well then, indeed, how in the world do they do it?”

Nixon looks at the photo, and then to Wilson and Schmidt, “As one of our scientists that went inside to their world. They said something that the Soviets were also researching this… I know, sounds bullshit like the music kids listen to today, but trust me on this.”

Helmut, most intrigued of what Nixon said, replied, “Alright, you got me hooked on this. But I still need to see the wormhole for myself to believe it completely.”

“Alright…” He gestured one of the scientists to open the door slowly, without hesitation, they opened up the teleporter very carefully… Although looking dangerous, the wormhole was a spherical like anomaly, looking clear as it distorted the interior of the large tube, Nixon looked to Wilson and Schmidt.

“Mein gott!” Helmut blurted out. “You were telling the truth!”

“Bloody me, it’s like something straight out of one of Carl Sagan’s novels.” Wilson remarked, nodding in agreement with Helmut.

The other NATO leaders in the room showed similar reactions to the wormhole,many intrigued, some fearful, and others dumbfounded.

“How this goddamn thing works…Ask the dork scientists that conjured this device.”

“Screw you bro!” yelled one of the scientists from the console room at Nixon. Meanwhile Helmut asked, “Can we go through it?”

Nixon, gives a look of worry at Helmut, “Are you sure? You want to go into an unknown world?”

“Do they even speak the same language as us? I’d surely think not.” Wilson added.

Remembering the suitcase Nixon showed earlier, Helmut asked, “Wasn’t there a record in your briefcase?”

“Yes, there was.” Nixon remembers, the wormhole that was active began to make noise as it was mute, several seconds of making a monotone noise, it was seconds after a brown suited, black helmeted man with a Kalashnikov rifle is thrown out, what he was yelling out in fear was what sounded to be Russian, the guards in the lab began to quickly aim their weapons at the man, presuming it was a Russian soldier, which was one.

Helmut and the other NATO leaders quickly scrambled for safety, Helmut diving behind a pillar and removing a Walther P38 from his coat and flipping the safety off.

Nixon rushed to quickly push Helmut’s arm down to prevent him from shooting, the guards rush to the man as the quickly grabbed him, who was beginning to shout unknown terms in Russian, Nixon looked in utter confusion as what looked to be a man in uniform from the Soviet Union.

“What the hell is going on?!” Helmut yelled at Nixon who forced him to holster his gun back.

“Hell if I know!” He quickly glares at the guards and the Soviet soldier, “We have a translator around here?” He yells out.

“I speak a bit of Russian from my meetings with the Soviets,” Helmut said. “Alright, you know what the hell this man is saying?” He responds, the soldier seemed to be unintelligible in his shouting, as if he was disoriented.

“He’s saying, ‘Chto, chert voz’mi, proiskhodit? Chto eto za mesto?!’, What the fuck is going on? What is this place?!”

He laughs, looking at the man and then to Helmut, “Tell him this…You were thrown inside some weird swirly thing, and then out another one…In the United States.”

“Are you serious? That’ll only confuse him more!” Richard shrugs, “He’ll get the “You’re in the United States” part.”

Helmut instead yelled, “Uspokoysya i bros’ vintovku, my ne imeyem nikakogo vreda!” (Calm down and drop the rifle, we mean no harm!)

The guards that had grabbed him, already disarmed him, as the foreign soldier looks around, scared and extremely confused.

Relenting, Helmut said “Vy byli brosheny v kakuyu-nibud’ chervotochinu, a zatem vyshli v SSHA,” to the man. (You were thrown inside some wormhole, and then out another one into the United States.)

He looks up at Helmut, still confused, looking at Nixon and Wilson, “But…Why are you people here?”

Not planning to reveal the classified nature of the facility, Helmut lied to him and said, “We were here examining US innovations in the sciences when you showed up,” keeping it vague.

The Russian looks back at the weird swirling behind him inside of the tube, “Then…What the hell is that thing?”

“Like I said, that is a wormhole.” Helmut responds with his eyebrow cocked.

“Wait… Americans are doing this too?”

“Well, we got our evidence,” whispered Helmut to Wilson.

“Indeed… what should be our next course of action?” Wilson leaned slightly towards Helmut and whispered back.

“Let’s see what else we can get out of him,” Helmut whispered to Wilson. He then spoke to the Russian again and said, “What do you mean, 'The Americans are also doing this too?”

The man looks up in slight fear, “I was forced to do this…My country is researching how teleportation would work.”

“How long have you been leaping around and how does your form of teleportation work?”

“I just heard about it. They just told me to walk inside of it as an experiment!”

Not having a scientific background, Helmut decides to end the line of questioning and says to the man, “Look, these men are going to escort you to a holding cell where you’re going to asked several questions; they won’t harm you unless you resist.”

The man nods in compliance, allowing to be taken by the guards.

After the man leaves, Helmut asks Nixon, “Can we listen to that record now without getting shot?”

“Sure.” Nixon responds, walking over to the suitcase to take out the large record, “They said it came from some satellite… And conveniently, we have a vinyl player here.” Nixon walks over to a placed recorder on the table, fixing the record onto it, placing the needle on it as well.

The first message that comes out is in Codexian/English, saying:

We cast this message into the cosmos … Of the 200 billion stars in our galaxy, some – perhaps many – may have inhabited planets and space faring civilizations. If one such civilization intercepts Voyeur and can understand these recorded contents, here is our message: This is a present from a small distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts, and our feelings. We are attempting to survive our time so we may live into yours. We hope someday, having solved the problems we face, to join a community of galactic civilizations. This record represents our hope and our determination and our goodwill in a vast and awesome universe.”

Several greetings in many languages are played, two of them in English and German saying, “Hello from the children of planet Urth,” again surprising Helmut.

“This is from a satellite not even launched by us…” Nixon explains, not even sounding confused.

“So they can speak some of our languages eh?” Wilson shifted uncomfortably. “That’s a true bloody surprise right there. At least we can understand each other.” He looked to his fellow world leaders.

“Giant coincidence…The only damn scientist we need right now is someone like Carl Sagan or Albert Einstein…But, Einstein is dead.”

“Then let’s get Carl Sagan’s ass here and Stephen Hawking.”

“Think they’ll even believe this?” Nixon asks, with his eyebrow cocked

“Well, it’s the bloody United States government asking them. I think they’ll take it pretty seriously.”

“Well then…If that is what we’ll do, we must not hesitate to do such a thing!”

“So, where is this alien world you’ve been talking about?”

“None of us know…It’s name is so similar to “Earth”, Humans exist on it, and its literally just the same as ours but…Different.”

Suddenly, a second wormhole appeared after the first one shortly dissipated. This time however, a team of Vulpines appeared out of the wormhole carrying lab equipment and Xagrurgian military fatigues.

Nixon reacted by suddenly jumping away from the teleporter, the guards have their weaponry raised towards them.

“Christ.” Wilson jumped and started inching towards cover, surprised by the Xagrurgians.

“Keep calm! Keep calm!” He shouts out, looking at the guards as he tried to quickly deescalate the situation “They mean no harm!”

“Oh fuck, I thought you said the Yanks were friendlies!” yelled one of the vulpines to what seemed to the leader of their team. “Well, they should be, though obviously we got a bunch of greens here,” pointing towards the guys with guns. “Calm down lads,” he spoke in clear Staynish (British English), “We’re just here to conduct some research and experiments.”

“Yes! They mean no harm!” Nixon yells out.

“Is that a british accent I hear?” Wilson stepped out of cover and looked over.

“Spot on lad, noice to hear someone else with the accent after a whilst of hanging out with a bunch of Yanks,” said the Vulpine. “Londoner I believe it is on Earth.”

“Yes, you are quite correct. Who are you, if I may ask?” Wilson crossed his arms.

“Name’s Darien Mclaughlin Mr. Wilson. I’m the leader of my team of researchers.”

“Well you already know who I am but i’ll introduce myself, out of courtesy of course. I’m Lord Wilson of Riveleaux, or Harold Wilson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Mclaughlin.”

“It is always a pleasure to meet the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom,” Darien said. “Can you tell me what is going on here?”

“Well, wormhole studies. That’s the gist of it at least.” Wilson replied promptly.

“I meant why are all of NATO’s leaders here in this room and there’s guns pointed at us,” asked Darien.

Nixon steps in front of the group, “We have just had a malfunction…Of which a soldier likely from the USSR has been transported here.”

Darien shrugs and then says, “It was going to happen sooner or later. That doesn’t explain why you’re all here though.”

Nixon sighed in surprise, “We are a military alliance, attempting to gain intelligence on the experimentation by the Russians, and apparently, it is confirmed they are researching this.”

“I don’t suppose you had insectoid and arachnid aliens charging out of the wormhole generator earlier as well?” says Darien.

“The hell do you think this? War of the Worlds?” He responds.

“Says the guy who saw a bunch of Fox people come out of a wormhole,” sarcastically remarks Darien.

“Well, I have talked to your kind before, you even took one of our scientists into your world!”

“We did?” asked one of the vulpines. Darien then said to his co-workers and to Nixon, “We did not take this scientist, Arthur Coffey I think you said earlier, into our world. You said that he was part of a teleportation accident you’ve been conducting.”

“You did…His name was Walter, and we are also planning to search for scientist Arthur Coffey.”

Darien cocked an eye at Nixon. “Walter was supposed to ask you guys for permission to stay the night at our complex. Did he ever come back out of the wormhole?”

Nixon nodded with disagreement, “That was a few months ago!”

“Ah bugger, I forgot about how quantum mechanics worked,” Darien facepalmed. “Look, give me a couple minutes, or months, depending if the wormhole fucks up again to get Walter here.”

“A couple or minutes or months…I need a much more specific window of time for that!”

Darien pulls out the radio he had on his utility belt and says into it, “Command, can we get Walter, that scientist from Earth, to report to the wormhole immediately? It’s urgent.” The dispatcher at the command room responds, “Right away sir.” On the P.A. system in the Xagrurgian complex, Walter’s name is being called out to get to the wormhole urgently.

Walter, simply walking down a hallway in the other lab, would have been hearing the annoyingly loud PA, as he rushed towards the area where the teleportation devices are, “Do you need me for?” He asks, slightly confused.

The base commander at the wormhole tells Walter, “Look, President Nixon is pissed that you didn’t come back for months and we need you to go over there and tell them what happened so our science team doesn’t get torn to shreds by gunfire.”

“Oh…Really? Shit.” Walter responds, yelling out the last part of what he said.

“Yes, now get your ass in there!” He yelled.

“Yes…Yes! Alright!” He nods in compliance, quickly running into it without hesitation, around 30 seconds passed before he had ended up on the other side.

Walter suddenly appeared from the wormhole and crashes into one of Vulpines, knocking both of themselves over.

Walter yelps in surprise at the Vulpines in his way, “Fuck!” He yells out as he fell onto them.

“Walter! What in sam hell were you doing there?!” He screams out at Walter on the ground.

Helmut shakes his head and says, “I need some beer after today.”

“Yeah… I don’t know if our planet will exist within the next 5 years.” Nixon jokes.

“Well we survived the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Berlin Airlift, we’ll survive this,” says Helmut.

“Surviving a bunch of aliens that said they were interfering with what happened years in the past?”

Helmut is confused and then says, “What do you mean 'interfering in the past? How much do they know and interacted with Earth?”

“A lot of things…”

Helmut frowns and then says, “Well that’s not very specific.” He turns towards Walter and then back to Nixon. “I think you two have a bit of catching up to do.”

“Alot…Definitely, because it has been almost 2 months of this!” Walter, as Nixon was speaking, would stand up, dusting his shirt off as one of the Vulpines weakly pushed his shoulder with his hand.

After Walter and Nixon left the room with the wormhole and the Vulpine research team were escorted to a holding cell, much to the annoyance of Darien, Helmut and Wilson were both left flabbergasted over the events of the night. After talking with the other NATO leaders, they unanimously agree that this should be kept secret and that the Soviets need to be dealt with immediately.

May 6, 1974
Puerto Rico, Arecibo Observatory

Joint post between jack and onga

As Carl Sagan was busy looking at radio waves and other research documents in the console room at the Arecibo Observatory, he heard someone knock at his door. Leaving his desk, he walked over and opened it. It was Agent Perry, along with Hamilton as they flashed their CIA badges at Sagan, “Agent Perry, and Agent Hamilton with the Central Intelligence Agency.” Carl Sagan, surprised at the appearance of the CIA here, said “Hello, I’m Mr. Sagan, how can I help you two?”

“We have been sent by the president himself, on behalf of one of our currently classified experiments. We request your aid as it’s current situation could be considered a massive advancement in overall science.”

Frowning when the CIA agents mentioned they needed him for a classified experiment, he asked, “Do I have a choice in this matter? Why can’t you tell me what is the exact nature of this experiment?”

“We recommend you come with us to the Pentagon, as our scientists will explain what we have been working on in the past few years…”

Thinking that they would take him voluntarily or forcefully in a car trunk, he reluctantly agreed. “Let me grab my materials real quick before we go alright?”

“We can wait for preparations, Mr. Sagan.”

When Carl returned to his desk and packed his briefcase with research materials and utensils, he wrote down on a sticky note on his desk: “Hey Donald, I’m going to be out today. Two people claiming to be CIA agents who look legitimate said they need me for some classified experiment. Take care of the observatory while I’m out.
-Carl”

After that, he walked out of his office and towards the agents. As they three enter inside of a black sedan, which for almost 10 minutes, drives to a small open patch of field, the sound of helicopter blades moving fastly through the wind as they exited out of it, leading Sagan to the black helicopter as it took off… Over the loud sound of the whirring helicopter blades, Carl yelled to the pilot, “Where are we heading?!”

“To DC!” Hamilton yells out over the blades as well, “To the Pentagon! Nixon will meet you there!”

“Couldn’t we have taken a plane or something?!”

“Eh! I wasn’t in charge of transportation!” Hamilton responds, chuckling. After several hours in flight, they finally arrive in D.C. where Nixon waited. They arrived outside of the Pentagon, the helicopter landing as Perry, and Hamilton along with Carl Sagan walked out, Nixon standing in between two Secret Service officers. “Good evening Mr. Nixon, I heard you needed me.”

“Yes Carl Sagan… These current matters we have been facing has been significant enough to request your help.” Nixon smiles, extending his hand out to shake his hand. Carl Sagan shakes Nixon’s hand and smiles in return and then asks, “What are these ‘significant matters’ you’re referring to?”

“If you will allow me,” Nixon signals Sagan to follow him into the complex, as the four walk inside, Nixon follows them through a very long hallway to a large, still open elevator shaft guarded by military police. “This is getting shadier by the minute, “ Sagan remarked.

“Well…At Least your not being kidnapped.” Nixon jokes, walking into the elevator as the agents and him walk in as well, he presses the button as it slowly goes down into the lower levels of the Pentagon, exiting out to see a large laboratory with several white lab coated scientists and guards, along with 2 large tubular objects with a lot of wires coming out from the tops of it. Walter had also been working as he turned his head towards the president, the agents, and Carl Sagan, letting off a large smile at Sagan’s presence. Carl noticed the man smiling and returned the smile and then said, “Hello, I don’t suppose you know what all this is about?”

“Yes…Yes, my name is Walter…And I am one of the lead scientists of the Narnia Project.” Which he would point to the large objects behind him, “Which those…What I can say…Are teleporters!” Carl frowns and then says, “Teleporters? Narnia?”

“Well…As you can see, we have discovered that wormhole generation is surprisingly easy. So, we used it as an advantage for the sake of instantaneous military travel… But, one of our lead scientists have been transported to what likely seems to be another planet.” Skeptical, Sagan asks, “Can I see your research on this along with some evidence of this wormhole?”

“Yes, yes I will…” He looks to another, white haired scientist, “Karl!” He immediately looks towards Walter, “Yes?” Walter continues to look at him, “Demonstrate Mr. Sagan how this works!” The other scientist nods, walking into the other room as meanwhile inside of it, he would walk to the mainframe, pushing the button as 30 seconds passed, the group would begin to heard a loud, continuous noise from within one of the opaque tubes.

Carl, intrigued at the noise, asked them what just happened.

“Allow me to show you, Mr. Sagan.” He would smile at him, confidently pushing the lever down of the door, slowly opening it as it showed a large spherical anomaly projecting its surroundings, which were extremely warped by the spherical shape. “That thing right there…Is what is called a wormhole.” He points to the anomaly within the large tube. Carl Sagan’s eyes widened and jaw dropped at the sight at the wormhole and said, “Holy mother of god, they were right. How….”

“It was discovered by accelerating photons through a specially designed foil, which disturbed space within an enclosed area, which basically…Creates a wormhole.” Walter would sigh, “We accidentally set it to a region of suitable development, in which one of our scientists accidentally got transported in that region…Which seemed to be a planet with intelligent life on it, Humans exist on it also…” Walter explains.

“Has anything come out of the wormhole?”

“Yes…I did come out of it, several, Fox like beings came out, along with a soldier from the Soviet Union.”

“Do you know where these Fox people are or where they came from?”

“They seemed to be speaking English, which they referred to it as “Codexian and something called Staynish,” and hailed from a country called “Xagrurg.”

“What is their world like? Can you describe Xagrurg?”

“It seems their world is exactly like ours, I have only been in their labs so I am sure Xagrug is like another country on Earth. It has also been taken note that they are located in our same galaxy.”

“Interesting, what are their labs like?”

“Very futuristic like…Had a holographic display of Earth and theirs, “Urth” is what they call it, use the same yearing system as they do is they say the year they are living in is 2018…”

“Holograms, futurism….and only 44 years from now…” Carl said. “Did they give you anything or leave anything behind at the wormhole?”

“Yes, they left a record and several things about their planet, it’s over there.” He points to the suitcase, the record beside it.”

“I must listen to that and investigate its contents later. Do you know how do they generate wormholes and how much do they know about Earth?”

“They say they have been interfering with past events, and seem to do the same tactic as we do.”

“What do you mean, ‘interfering with past events?”

“One of the scientists told me, that they sent several sleeper agents to this planet, their names? Joseph Stalin, Franklin Roosevelt, and Gerald Ford.” He responds, Nixon cocking his eyebrow at him in confusion.

“Damn, looks like the conspiracy nuts were right. Though, do you have any evidence of these sleeper agents?”

“Sadly, no. But we still have evidence on their world. Best evidence to tell you is that alien scientists know the names of important figures in history.”

“Which important figures?”

“Stalin, Roosevelt, and Ford…They also told me one of those agents, was one of the perpetrators of the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, why he is considered important is that he basically started the first world war.”

“Well shit. Any other events they’re involved with?”

“They said they had some involvement in the watergate incident 2 years prior to this meeting. And I think I believe they told us the Soviets were behind the assassination of John F. Kennedy as well.”

“How technologically advanced are they?”

“Pretty advanced, guy pulled out some small computer like device,” Walter responds happily, Nixon stepping in front of him, still confused, “So wait, you are telling me… My vice president is not even from this planet?” Nixon asks Walter,

“If that is what they say, then I will believe so…”

Carl interrupts them and then says, “Lets go listen to that record shall we?”

Walter nods with a smile, walking over to retrieve the record as he walked over to a vinyl player, looking on the back to see several confusing markings which was basically telling him how to play it, in which he already knew as he rested the record on the player, placing the needle on it.

As Carl Sagan listened closely to the record, he was surprised at the greetings’ languages as they all resemble Earth’s languages. “Can this record also project images?”

“I don’t think vinyl records can project images, Mr. Sagan.”

“You’re wrong there actually, you can display images with vinyl records, you have to calibrate them though.”

“Well, hearing that from you I can definitely realize you can do so.” He chuckles.

After carefully following the instructions on how to display the images printed out on the record, both Nixon, Walter, and Sagan take a close look at the images, the images show sights almost exact to that of Earth, along with the anatomies of Humans, Vulpines, and other bipedal species…

“When did they say this 'Voyeur’ satellite was supposed to be launched?”

“Seems they launched it in 1977 on their planet… How they use the Gregorian calendar like we do is of extreme coincidence…” Walter responds

“Fascinating,” Carl strokes his chin. “Why haven’t you informed the public of this incident yet? This is absolutely groundbreaking!”
Nixon looks at Carl, “Because I feel the general public may be slightly panicked by the existence of this world and the dwellers up on it.” Nixon scratches the back of his head, “But, as is this civilization is peaceful, I shall not hesitate to inform and show the general public the true existence of it.”

“Do you know anything else about these people?”

“I have asked them if we could have some of their technology, which they say would be possible…And it seems their technology is pretty advanced,” a response from Walter as he strokes his hair back, “Also, I believe some of these Fox like beings are currently in a holding cell in this building, at this moment…”

“I’ll ask them some questions later. First, I must record all the information from the record so we get a better view of their culture.”

“Right…Right,” Walter responds.

As Carl asks a technician to snap photos of the record’s images and records the information from the record into a notebook, he asks to Nixon, “Have they displayed any hostile or malevolent intent?”

“No they have not, thankfully all of our encounters weren’t hostile, except for that one Russian soldier.”

“What did the soldier do?”

“All he did was panic…Had a weapon so I assumed he was hostile. But, the crew of non-Human scientists are not hostile as far as I know…”

“Have you interrogated them yet?”

“No… Do you recommend we should?”

“Probably should.”

Nixon shrugs, “Why not?” He nods towards the guards, as they come up, saluting him.
“You two, bring in that Russian for interrogation, and those scientists.”

When the Vulpines showed up in front of Sagan, he spat out his coffee and said, “What the fuck?!”

May 6, 2018
Manhattan, New York, United States
12:54AM

Marty slouched in his car seat, examining his badge out of boredom as his car was filled with ambient radio chatter, as he looked on out of the windshield, yellow dots outlining the two great towers of the World Trade Center, staring in awe of the recently finished skyscrapers. The street around him smelt of sewage, the streets occupied by a single homeless person pushing a shopping cart full of waste and trash, disappearing into a dark alleyway. He had recently gone onto the night shift, preparing to drive back to Brooklyn for his patrol, still preparing to kick his car into drive to begin his journey there, but the gritty landscape around kept him interested. The radio chatter soothed him as he was suddenly met by a loud, almost unworldly like noise, almost like a distant, distorted explosion to the right of him, as he jumped his head towards it, surprised. He quickly rolled the window up, getting out of his car as he looked towards the origin of the noise, where he could likely pinpoint it was a dark alleyway, out of caution he slowly pulled out a small revolver from his jacket.

Marty pulled his walkie-talkie out of his utility belt and then radioed to dispatch: “Dispatch, this is Detective Marty Jones, we have a 10-10 (suspicious activity) in an alleyway on Crosby Street, request for assistance,” while maintaining the light from the flashlight into the decrepit and dark alley.

She suddenly just appeared somewhere dark, musty, and dirty. Evelyn coughed loudly enough to be heard by Marty, her ears twitching as she was starting to shake, scared where she was as she slumped against the brick wall, not knowing how she went from just getting dressed from a shower to beside a dumpster in a dark alleyway.

“Understood…We will have a squad car coming for assistance shortly for you.” A raspy male voice responds over Marty’s radio…

“10-4 Dispatch, I’m heading down the alley to check the noise out now,” Marty replied as he walked down into the darkness after hearing the noise. As he approached the dumpster slowly and carefully, his grip on his revolver tightened from the knowledge of his previous years on the beat.

Evelyn slowly heard the footsteps from Marty grow louder, her body filled with fear as she slumped more against the wall, covering herself to not hopefully not be seen.

Marty stopped just 4 feet away from the dumpster and loudly said, “This is the police, come out with your hands and identify yourself!”

Her fear quickly went away as he said he was an officer, she thought to herself “Oh…Thank god…” She smiled, slowly getting up, revealing herself, a Vulpine she was as she quickly looked at Marty…

Marty flinched at the sight of the Vulpine getting up rapidly, dropping his flashlight, having never seen one before. He trained his revolver on it and yelled for it to get up against the wall immediately and tell him what it was.

She immediately grew scared again, visible fear on her face as she complied, getting up against the wall, “What did I do?” She says out to Marty, sounding like she was about to cry.

Marty said, “I’m talking about what the fuck are you!,” making several hand gestures at her elongated ears and furry skin.

“You know what I am! How crazy are you? Where the fuck am I?” She yells out back at him in a scared tone

“You’re on Crosby Street in Manhattan, Fox lady!,” Marty shouts. “Now, tell me who or what are you!”

“The hell are you talking about Manhattan? And I’m a Vulpine you racist fuck!” She yells back out again, flinching as Marty shouted at her beforehand

“Manhattan, New York City in the goddamn state of New York!,” Marty yells back at it. “Now, I highly advise you get up against the wall so I can cuff you or I will shoot!”

“Please don’t!” She yelled out panickedly, taking a step back away from Marty, her arms could be seen trembling, “I didn’t do anything wrong, just don’t kill me you crazy guy!”

Marty rolled his eyes at the Vulpine and slapped his handcuffs on it and escorted it to the back of his squad car. After he rolled down the window, he asked it, “Can you at least give me a name to work with here?”

“Evelyn.” She sniffles out, taking note of his car, “The hell kind of car is this?” She would sound confused, her hands still shaking with fear.

“What do you mean you don’t know what kind of car is this? It’s a 1973 Buick Regal, they’re everywhere,” Marty says as his car radio plays some Rolling Stones in the background.

“…Huh?” She blinks several times, “W…W-What year is it?” She stutters out, the last year she remembered it was 2018 on Urth…

“Ah jeez, I’m dealing with a 'Vulpine’ supposedly from the future,” he muttered to himself. “This is 1974,” he said to Evelyn.

“What? How is it…1974?” A tear flows from her eye again, “I thought it was still 2018!”

“Blast to the past I guess,” Marty responded. “How did you get here exactly and what was the last thing you remember doing?”

“I just got dressed after taking a shower to go to bed…And some weird thing came out of nowhere and sucked me up… Where the hell am I? What planet am I on? What country am I in?”

“Great, I’m dealing with a nutcase out of all days, and on my day off,” he groaned. “You’re in New York City, United States of America.”

“United States, America? The hell?” She responds, she would be wearing only black sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt with shoes, it was unknown why she even was wearing shoes before “going to bed.”

“Look, I’m going to have to question you down at the station, but I don’t know what my colleagues will say when a Fox lady walks through the lobby. Since you haven’t done anything wrong, I’ll let you go, though New York at night is pretty risky so you’d best find a shelter or something.”

“How am I going to find a shelter here? This place ain’t nothing like Pittsburgh! I don’t know this place!”

“To be fair, Pittsburgh isn’t great either, street food tastes likes ass,” Marty jokes. Biting his lip, Marty then says, “Fine, you can stay at my house for the night or whenever you get back to Pittsburgh.” Marty then calls off the dispatch for backup and says the noise was just a cat.

“What? But Pittsburgh is one of the best cities in South Hills!” She responds, clearly not satisfied by his joke.

“South Hills? What is tha- nevermind, different planets,” he said.

“Could…Could I atleast explain to you when we get to your place?” She asks, the fact that she spoke English (Or Codexian according to Evelyn), should’ve surprised Marty…

“I just started my night shift.” Marty said while keeping some of his questions hidden from her.

“B-But, how long is it going to take to get there?”

“Probably 30 minutes since there’s barely any people on the streets at 1 A.M.”

She would shrug, “Just take me there so I can sleep, I wanna process what the hell has happened.” Evelyn sighs out, noticing the music playing over the radio, “What is that? Who is that playing?”

Marty smiles and says, “Those are the Rolling Stones, major rockers since the 1960’s.”

She’d be gently bobbing her head at the beat of the music over the radio, smiling, “It sounds… Pretty nice.”

“…War, children, it’s just a shot away
It’s just a shot away
It’s just a shot away
It’s just a shot away
It’s just a shot away
I tell you love, sister, it’s just a kiss away…” the radio plays the lyrics to the song Gimmie Shelter.

“Yeah, the lyrics and beat are relaxing…”

“Anyway, we should probably start going, can’t be off my designated patrol for too long or people will start noticing.”

“Please…And…Thank you, and, who are you?”

“Detective Marty Jones.”

“…Evelyn Williams, good to meet you Marty.” She responds with a smile.

Marty turns the key in the ignitions, the engine sputters in response. “Come on you piece of shit, I just bought you,” he says. The car finally turns on after a minute of switching the ignition on and off and hop onto the road.

“You know… Where I come from, cars are electric and only start with a push of a button.” Evelyn responds, chuckling softly.

Marty cracks a smile and then says, “I don’t suppose your cars also can run on piss and food as well?”

"…He he, maybe. " She responds with a tone of slight sarcasm

“So, where do you exactly live?,” asks Marty.

“You probably don’t know what I am talking about but…I lived in Pittsburgh, state of Boston in South Hills.” Evelyn explains to him.

As the Buick pulls up to a traffic light at Times Square, eerily empty for New York City, he then asks, “Can you describe your world in detail?”

“The planet I live on…It was called Urth…A Lot of countries, South Hills, Vekaiyu, The United Kingdom, Xagrurg, Asendavia… This place feels oddly like South Hills.”

“Why is that?” Marty asks as he pulled up to the curb in front of his apartment.

“Well, there was one city called (Whatever city in South Hills looks like New York) I went to, it looks so similar to it. I lived in Pittsburgh and it’s a really beautiful city, that other city was just filled with a bunch of tall buildings and stuff like wherever we’re at…”

Marty turns off the car and then says to Evelyn, “We’re here now,” and hops out of the car to unlock the passenger side.

Evelyn slowly and carefully steps out, looking to the left and right of her in the unknown city, looking up at Marty, “Thank you, I don’t know if I was even going to survive out there.” She says to him, smiling.

“You’re welcome, try to be quiet when you walk up the stairs because landlord is too lazy to fix the creaky floorboards.”

“I mean, would anybody care enough to find out?”

“Considering no one here has seen a fox lady or Vulpine before, they’d be pretty scared.”

“Yeah… I assume Fox ladies are called Vixens but I don’t really know honestly.” She shrugs, following Marty as they both slowly walked up the stairs…

When they finally reach Marty’s apartment door, he grabs out his key chain and unlocks the door, revealing a clearly 70’s interior filled with vibrant colors, a radio, a sofa, and a color television with a balcony of New York’s city skyline
“Huh… So this is what a house looked like in the 70s huh? Guess its alright, nothing like my dorm or anything.”

“You’re in college? What major you going for?”

“Yeah, I was a senior, majoring in like Urth history and stuff.” She responds, the difference between ‘Urth’ and ‘Earth’ would be extremely confusing…"

“I’ll ask about Urth’s history later, I gotta head back on my patrol soon. Help yourself to the Chinese takeout leftovers in the fridge,” said Marty.

“Uhh… What’s a Chinese? Oh well…” Evelyn looks around the room, looking at the sofa, “Do you have a room where I could sleep?”

“I guess you can take my bed for tonight, I’m used to sleeping on the couch after long cases.”

“Heh…Thanks I guess,” she smiles, walking into the bedroom as he had never slept in a strangers house, especially in a strange place where she was, as she just quickly laid herself on the bed, it was not that comfortable, the only light is the street lights from outside illuminating the room, mostly being blocked by the fire escape stair in front of the window. She pulled the covers up to her again, thinking of what was going to happen, she slowly pulled out her smartphone she had put in her pocket after changing, turning it on for illumination, without surprise the internet wasn’t working, and the time did not match what it was at all. She was too stressed out to even do anything as she quickly closed her eyes, shifting to her side, resting her head and muzzle against the mattress, slowly falling asleep.

After walking downstairs and into his car, he slumped down on his driver’s seat and groaned, “What the hell did I get myself into?”, he placed his hands on his face. The radio suddenly goes off as the dispatcher asked for his current status. Marty picked up the radio and said that he’s fine and the night is normal as usual. Afterwards, he fired up the car and drove back to Brooklyn, working the night shift.

As Evelyn was also going to sleep, she also whispered, “What the fuck did I get myself into, went from a cozy dorm to some guy’s apartment in a place I don’t even know in the damn seventies…” She sighs, closing her eyes again.

(Sorry for the fucked text I have no patience for editing it rn

May 6, 1974
Marty’s apartment, Manhattan, New York, United States
8:41AM

It was around morning, Evelyn had woken up from her sleep, she could only hear raining as it was a very cloudy and rainy morning. The sound of thunder made her jump slightly as she was scared of it, the dark blue light of the cloudy morning sky infiltrated into the room, Evelyn was slightly relaxed by the rain but slightly scared of the thunder…

Marty entered his apartment once again with coffee and donuts in hand. The receptionist said hello to Marty and asked who’s the food for. Marty bluffed and said the stuff is for his partner while it was actually for Evelyn. The receptionist shrugged and went back to looking at the football game and Marty went up the stairs, eventually reaching his apartment door. Putting the coffee cups and box of donuts on the ground, he reached for his keys and inserted them into the lock.

Evelyn sat up from the bed, looking around the room as she was half asleep, the dirty air of New York she was not used too. She crawled up to the window, which the bed was pushed up against, looking out of the window with caution, cars could be driving and people could be walking, it looked like any other scene she’d see in South Hills…

After some jiggling around with the mechanism, the door finally opened and picked up the foodstuffs he put on the ground and walked in.

She heard the door slamming from Marty, as she jumped at the sound as well, but she would assume it was Marty, calming down as she slumped against the wall with the pillow behind her…

He put the box of donuts and one of the cups of coffee on the table and called out to Evelyn, “Hey, got some coffee and donuts here if you want some!”

Evelyn sat up suddenly at his voice, standing up as she quickly speedwalked over to the door, turning the knob with her hand, opening the door to see Marty with a box of donuts and coffee, smiling, “Oh…Thank you I guess.” She walked over to him, eyeing the donuts…

“You’re welcome,” Marty said as he walked over to the kitchen sink and splashed some water on his face to wake him up. “Now that you had some sleep, you remember any other details on how you got here?”

She picked up a donut with her paw and took a large bite out of it, looking to Marty, “Uhh, all I know is that just gotten dressed from taking a shower, and some weird thing popped up out of nowhere, and now I’m here!”

“Can you describe this 'weird thing’ in detail?”, he asked as he grabbed a sugar-coated donut from the box and bit into it.

She took another bite of the donut, “Well, it happened so fast…Only thing I remember is that it was some weird, swirly thing shaped like a sphere, it just popped up out of nowhere in my dorm and sucked me in.”

“You got any ideas on what might’ve caused it to spawn in your bathroom?”

“Hell if I know.” Evelyn shrugs.

“So, tell me about this 'Urth’ of your’s, I didn’t get to ask last night.”

“Well, only thing to tell you is that Urth looks exactly like this place, and your “United States” looks exactly like South Hills, and you said somethin’ about Chinese food, is that like a culture or something on this place?”

“Yeah, the Chinese are a culture and country across the Pacific Ocean to the west of us.”

“What are they like? They friendly? They rich or technologically advanced?” Evelyn bursts out several questions, eager to know as she finished the donut in her hand.

“Well, from what I heard over the news, they’re a communist state who recently just sent a bunch of intellectuals to reeducation camps and are suffering from severe famines.”

“Wait…Communism exists here?” She responds, one of her ears tilt in confusion, also tilting her head slightly to the left.

“Yeah, it does. I have a brand-new geography textbook I got from the dumpster behind the library in my shelf if you want to see the world.”

“Yeah sure…Communism is an ideology on Urth, East Cerdani’s one of them, led by some guy named Erich Honecker or something like that. There’s also another form opposite which is something called Fascism, involves extreme nationalism and stuff like it.” Evelyn responds, shrugging also before taking a quick look directly into his eyes, then snapping back to grab another donut to bite out of.

“Erich? That’s the guy leading East Germany over in Europe,” scratching his head. “Fascism, we also have that, it currently resides in Spain but it’s pretty dead.”

She even has a more confused look on her face, “Really? East Germany? East Cerdani? Pretty giant ass coincidence.” Evelyn giggles, taking another bite of the donut, “You said it was like, 1974 right? Yea, there was a giant ass war going on in one of the continents called Aurora, I’d be here all day explaining it to ya.” She follows after that.

“So, tell me about yourself. Seems like you’re going to be stuck here for a while until another one of those swirly things come back,” Marty says as he sinks into the sofa.

“Well… My name’s Evelyn, was a senior in college at Pittsburgh, learning about history of Urth and South Hills, and physiology. I kinda wanted to either become a biology teacher or a historian… But, what about you?” She responds, sitting down in the sofa beside Marty, looking at him, interested in his life.

“I’m a detective for the NYPD, been working for 5, 7 years now. Parents originally wanted me to become a lawyer and almost did, went to Harvard to get a law degree. I still have it, though I decided to become a cop instead of some sleazy lawyer for some nutjob.”

“Is it fun? I’m sure solving cases and stuff like that can be pretty fun and intense.”

“Unfortunately, I work the homicide division. I’ve seen less-than-pretty crime scenes over the years as a result.”

“…Oh, well, at least you got some company in this…Slightly depressing apartment.” She responds cheerfully, but lowering her tone at her last few words.

“Economy tanked hard the past couple years, department had to cut salaries and officers alike,” he said as he sipped his coffee.

“Yeah… Seventies back on my place weren’t so great, giant war in the continent of Aurora was happening down there, would be a while to tell you about it.” She giggles again.

“How’d your war start?,” Marty asks.

“Well, in 1970, it simply just started off with a country known as “Ethalria”, illegally crossing into a DMZ between that, a country called “Xagrurg” and “Kostoria-Obertonia”, with the largest and most powerful country in that region, well, the empire known as Morstaybishlia, which today we call the United Kingdom, got involved.” Evelyn shrugs after saying, “Lasted till 1975 with the Weyrcliff Pact, which stated that no country in that region could attack another without consultation from another.”

“Interesting, did it go nuclear?”

“Hmph…Surprised you know about nuclear bombs, they exist there, they have been used several times, just not in that war…” Evelyn responds, biting into the donut in her hand again. “Very scary device, one of the regions where one hit is irradiated, straight out of a game I play.” She follows again with another bite of the donut, staring into Marty’s eyes for about a second before looking to the left to not make it awkward.

“We also have nuclear bombs, both atomic and nitrogen. Hell, we just had a missile crisis back in 1962 over in Cuba,” said Marty.

“Oh really? How’d that happen?” Evelyn responds.

“Soviets and Cubans decided to station a bunch of missiles in Cuba south of Florida and us Yanks got pissed at it.”

“So it almost led to a nuclear war huh? Yeah, wonder how y’all got nuclear weaponry.”

“The US developed the atom bomb to be used on Japan during the last World War, though many people are divided whether it was necessary or not.”

“Japan huh? What was all of this World War stuff about?”

“Well, Germany invaded into Poland which pissed off the British and French and decided to retaliate in 1939, though Germany overran France in 1940. However, the Brits with the help of the US and Soviets, were able to push back the German tide and defeat them in 1945.”

Evelyn giggles loudly, “I have no idea what those nations are!”

“Oh right,” Marty facepalms. “Well, you should consult the history and geography books I mentioned earlier in my bookcase.”

“Well, I could read them later… Whatever city this is seems fun to walk around but I’m not sure if its even safe for me.”

“Considering no one has seen or heard of a Vulpine before, aside from me or that hobo in the alleyway, probably shouldn’t go wandering in the streets.”

She shrugs, finishing her second doughnut without hesitation, “Guess I should stay here, surprised I’m even more calm than being in a place that’s just like this and from 40 fucking years ago.” Evelyn chuckles again, crossing her arms and looking towards the window.

“So, what’s the future like, at least on your world?,” Marty asked.

“Very good future, very different nations seeing as I never even seen a map of yours… We have our own personal little computers.” She pulls out a black rectangular object, a smartphone she had, pressing one of the buttons with her thumbs, which slowly turned on, “Cars also run on electricity, and can drive by themselves, robots are starting to get better, just recently they started some weird space laboratory in orbit on our planet.”

Marty cocks an eyebrow at the strange device Evelyn pulled out. “Can you tell me how that machine works?”

“Hmm… Magnets, very delicate wiring, rare Earth metals, and an internet connection to keep it in touch with the internet…Oh and, the internet is extremely popular, like a system of sharing information and stuff like that.” Evelyn shrugs, navigating through the screen of it, “Pretty obvious there is no connection here though.”

“So, what do you have on that 'smartphone’ of your’s?”

“Well, pictures… Really good and high quality ones, better than the shit quality you have right now. And music, I have some songs stored on here I listen from time and time.”

“What kind of music?”

“I like to listen to all music, classic rock, grunge, rap music, funk, all sorts of stuff like that.”

“What’s grunge and rap?”

“Rap is something that involves very fast rhymes, grunge is essentially rock with harsh guitars and lazily delivered vocals.”

“Can you play some examples of rap and grunge?”

Evelyn looks to her phone once again, tapping her finger on it several times. “Well… One of these songs is from a band called “Nervena”, they call it “Smells like Teen Angst”, came out in the early 90s, still a classic, she would say, an opening guitar riff emits from the phone and the song starts…

As Marty closely listens to the opening riff, he was taken by surprise at the sudden cut to the distortion and loudness of the guitar from the clean guitar riff. “I see they’ve been experimenting with sound dynamics or something like that.”

“Yeah, music has gotten a lot more electronic and faster over the years, my dad doesn’t like it and he grew up in the 80s.” She giggles once more.

“What do you mean 'more electronic and faster?”

“As technology advanced through the years, music had gotten easier to produce, almost all music today is produced by computer, some people even getting popular from doing it in their own home.”

In the next room
As David tries to figure out the perfect, raw sound for his guitar’s sound, he hears Smells Like Teen Angst coming from the apartment next door. “Holy shit, that’s the sound I want.” He immediately gets up, dresses himself and goes into the hallway and knocks on Marty’s door.

Evelyn jumps slightly at the knocking, knowing no one else had seen her form as she looked to Marty, slightly scared, “Who is that?”

David then says at the door, “Hey Marty, it’s me David! Can I come inside to check out what that song earlier was?” Marty then says to Evelyn, “You better hide, lock yourself in my room.’

She nods vigorously as she speed walked into the hallway, slamming the door, locking it as she sat on Marty’s bed, looking towards the direction of the front door while in the room.

Marty then walked up to the front door and saw David, saying “Sure, come in.”

She slouched against the bed, now safe from being seen by anybody other than Marty, sighing with frustration over the last day of being in “New York.”

David then walked into Marty’s apartment and then looking at the donuts and coffee. “You got someone else here?” Marty said, “Used to, she just left. I was going to start cleaning up when you knocked. Also that song you heard was from an ad, sorry about that.” David then bites his lip and then says, “Well shit, sorry to bother you then,” leaving and closing the door behind him. Marty then said to Evelyn, “He left, you’re good.”

She sighed of relief, slowly getting back up from the bed, turning the small knob on the doorknob, opening it and peeking her head out from the hallway, “W-Will he come back?”

“Probably, he’s one of my friends from high school and comes by occasionally.”

She sighs once more, “Great, the more music I play the more that guy is gonna come over here.” She digs into her pocket, taking out the smartphone again to look at the time as an instinct despite it not being synced at all with the time…

Marty looks at the desynced time on the smartphone and then points to Evelyn the wall clock.

“So that’s the time?” Evelyn says, navigating to the settings to quickly set the time, the date on the home screen would display “May XX, 2018”.

“Yep, so you got any questions or ideas on what to do?”
“Well, seeing as I’m stuck here for a while… Guess I’m going to be your roommate but, could you get me some of those books to read later?”

“Sure,” Marty says as he pulls the books off of his bookcase and lays them out on the kitchen counter.

She walks over to them, opening the cover up to see the map of the world, her eyes widen at the fact that all space was completely filled as she looked over to Marty, “Damn, There’s gotta be hundreds of countries on this map!”

“Africa is a mess, or going to be after all this decolonization nonsense.”

“Africa huh?” She points to Africa somehow, “Is that it?”

“Yeah, it’s that continent south of Europe and east of South America,” pointing to Africa on the map.

She begins pointing to Europe, then to South America, and slowly up North to North America on the United States… “Is this where the US is?”

“Yeah, in between Canada and Mexico.””

“Ah… Seems smaller than South Hills… Oh hey! You atleast want to see the pictures I took? It’ll give you a take on how good and easy it is!”

“Sure, you just press a button and it’ll take a picture right?”

“Yeah…” She pulled up the camera option on her phone, quickly pointing it at Marty, snapping a photo, and then opening up the library of photos she had, showing the picture of Marty to him, the picture well defined and extremely high quality.

“Wow, this quality is like film-level production, and it’s compacted into one small device!”

Evelyn shrugs, “It’s the future I guess.” She clicks out of the library, “This is me and me parents on (whatever is considered Independence Day for South Hills,), I went to their home in Pittsburgh, all their friends were there, all me friends were there, was fun… It’d be her, and both her parents close together, a flag behind them which would look similar to the Confederate flag according to Marty’s eyes. “Yeah, South Hills is a pretty beautiful country, I see a lot of fat people though, Humans there tend to eat a lot.” She responds, chuckling.

“Same case for the American South,” Marty chuckles while looking at the box of donuts.

“Don’t know what you’re talking ‘bout but…Okay.” She begins showcasing him a view of the skyline of Pittsburgh from the highway of which she was driving on, a photo of her and her friend while she was wearing a black and yellow hockey jersey with a large Penguin on it, several drawn pieces of art, a very slightly lewd photo of her she quickly swiped away to try and prevent from being seen, a photo of herself in class, etcetera.

Marty’s eyes widens slightly at the lewd photo he briefly saw but then began thinking about something else to get it out of his mind. Meanwhile, the radio is continuing to play music.

“Sorry about that… I don’t know what I was thinking but uh…” She seemed to be slightly embarrassed, but still continued looking through the pictures, showing it to Marty, “Hey, mind if I take a video so that I can prove I was here if I ever come back?”

“Go for it, but if you’re right, then the place would look identical to Urth.”

“Well…Everyone will see its weird since it’s like 1974, cars will be different. They’ll think I’m a time traveler so…”

“Skeptics will say you probably got the photos from some old attic’s photo collection or something.”

“…Eh, oh well… “ She sighs, “Do you mind if I take a shower and go back to sleep?”

“Go for it,” said Marty.

“…Yeah, sure.” She says with a slightly nervous tone. She walks into the bathroom, quickly undressing herself as she observed the ceramic shower, nothing she is use to back at home. She quickly shrugged it off and turned on the hot water, doing nothing more than simply sitting in the shower for nearly 10 minutes, contemplating whether she could get out of such a socially inhospitable place. After just sitting, she stood up, turning off the water to exit the shower, wiping herself off with a towel, redressing herself, and then exiting the bathroom to enter Marty’s bedroom to jump onto, covering herself, and her head, slowly falling asleep…