Yuno's Expansion into Cynthia

Map:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392833940584529920/414167131954085889/unknown.png
Canon:
The Chief of Cynthia (Daniel Park) received a mail from the Government of Yuno offering to pay $15000000 for the top portion of Cynthia’s land. Chief Daniel decides to sell the fraction of the land to Yuno and signs the contract.

(Disclaimer: There’s actually quite a lot of plot potential that could go into this story, PM me if you want to participate)

Destino, Fortuna
Fletcher Mining Headquarters

Thomas Fletcher was bored. It was not that he had nothing to do, especially with his company aiding in the building and maintenance of five new oil rigs, it’s just he wanted something new to happen. Leaning back in his chair, Thomas moved aside his paperwork and turned on his laptop. He first checked out all his social media pages, then the most recent news. He glanced up at the door real quickly before surfing through the all the dating sites he was in. Nothing. He deeply sighed to himself, “guess money can’t buy everything,” he thought to himself. He continued checking the sites out where a few ladies caught his attention when out of no where his brother, Andrew, burst into the room.

“Aaaah,” Thomas panicked as he quickly shut his laptop, “what on Urth is your problem?”

“Stop freaking out, I know you were looking for a date,” Andrew said with a grin, “it ain’t gonna happen, bro.”

“It could though,” Thomas said under his breath, his face getting red. “Anyways, what’s the big deal?”

“Oh yeah!” his brother exclaimed as he rushed around Thomas’s desk, handing over his phone. “I think I found our next big deal!”

Thomas grabbed the phone and began reading the site. It described that the small country of Yuno just recently bought land from its neighbor, and quite the payment that was. “I don’t get it,” Thomas finally said.

“Well, a little birdie told me that there are potentially a load of minerals ready to be dug up in the land Yuno just purchased, so I was thinking, ‘hey, why don’t we offer our service to help them dig it all up?’ What do you think of that?” Andrew paused as Thomas looked at him with a concerned look. The last time they offered a foreign country their service was in Shango, but they unfortunately turned up empty. They didn’t loose too much money, but it made Thomas a lot more cautious about these types of deals.

“Are you sure about this,” Thomas questioned, “because if this turns out like Shango-”

“I promise it won’t turn out like Shango, scouts honor,” Andrew quickly replied, giving a mock salute. Thomas stared for a moment longer at his brother before sighing and reaching for his laptop.

“Fine, let’s do this. I’ll send a request to Yuno first. . .” Thomas slowly said as he opened up his email.

“Aww yeah, let’s do this! We’ll hit big I tell you! We’ll hit big!” Andrew shouted as he skipped off out of the room. Thomas only nodded in agreement as he began typing away.

— Begin quote from ____

To: Yuno

Greetings,
We here at Fletcher Mining have taken an interest in your recent purchase of land from your neighbor Cynthia. Noticing a possibility of untapped minerals, we offer our service as a mining corporation in aiding you in tapping into these resources. I believe that with our help, your country will benefit extremely from this endeavor. What we offer is the tools and equipment for mining operations as well as training and supervision. We will further benefit your country by only hiring from the local area, opening up dozens of potential jobs. And when we hit “gold,” your country will have a new resource provided to you by us. It is a win-win for everyone!

I would like to take this time to mention that you are not dealing with any ordinary company. Fletcher Mining has years of experience, many of which has been gained right here in Fortuna. We have been behind the mining of minerals such as iron, copper, and gold on the homeland and in the nation of Shango. Out at sea, we’re currently in the beginning phases of offshore drilling. With all this experience, we are ready to take it to Yuno and help your nation profit.

Hopefully this deal is to your liking and that we may further do business in the future.

With best regards,

Thomas Fletcher
Co-owner of Fletcher Mining Corp.

— End quote

Recently Purchased Land, February 26th

After couple of months of diedown town following the war, Kuthernburg was quick to reinstate there plans for a better Yuno. Sandra Aparicio Head of Palmers cooperations was to oversee the first of 7 major projects, her main goals where to build a brand new town that could hold up to 140,000 residents. As they drove through the rugged terrain they arrived at the spot, it overlook a beautiful valley with a waterfall and Lush trees. Sandra had always been a lover of nation and already imagine how the town would look. She looks at one of her developers and tells him to jot down notes of what she envisioned, " We will not touch the river or disturbe it to much, I recommend we build a river walk and the ‘Downtown area’ and build trails through frosted area along the river further away from center we get. We will need to build a sanitation building to clean the sewer water to be reused, operators have confirmed a large aquifer just few miles east of here. We will need to persuade the Yunopian government to allow the construction of hotels and other accessories so we best head to the capital!!" They loaded up into there jeeps and headed toward the capital, meanwhile construction crews started working on clearing out forest.

— Begin quote from ____

Destino, Fortuna
Fletcher Mining Headquarters

Thomas Fletcher was bored. It was not that he had nothing to do, especially with his company aiding in the building and maintenance of five new oil rigs, it’s just he wanted something new to happen. Leaning back in his chair, Thomas moved aside his paperwork and turned on his laptop. He first checked out all his social media pages, then the most recent news. He glanced up at the door real quickly before surfing through the all the dating sites he was in. Nothing. He deeply sighed to himself, “guess money can’t buy everything,” he thought to himself. He continued checking the sites out where a few ladies caught his attention when out of no where his brother, Andrew, burst into the room.

“Aaaah,” Thomas panicked as he quickly shut his laptop, “what on Urth is your problem?”

“Stop freaking out, I know you were looking for a date,” Andrew said with a grin, “it ain’t gonna happen, bro.”

“It could though,” Thomas said under his breath, his face getting red. “Anyways, what’s the big deal?”

“Oh yeah!” his brother exclaimed as he rushed around Thomas’s desk, handing over his phone. “I think I found our next big deal!”

Thomas grabbed the phone and began reading the site. It described that the small country of Yuno just recently bought land from its neighbor, and quite the payment that was. “I don’t get it,” Thomas finally said.

“Well, a little birdie told me that there are potentially a load of minerals ready to be dug up in the land Yuno just purchased, so I was thinking, ‘hey, why don’t we offer our service to help them dig it all up?’ What do you think of that?” Andrew paused as Thomas looked at him with a concerned look. The last time they offered a foreign country their service was in Shango, but they unfortunately turned up empty. They didn’t loose too much money, but it made Thomas a lot more cautious about these types of deals.

“Are you sure about this,” Thomas questioned, “because if this turns out like Shango-”

“I promise it won’t turn out like Shango, scouts honor,” Andrew quickly replied, giving a mock salute. Thomas stared for a moment longer at his brother before sighing and reaching for his laptop.

“Fine, let’s do this. I’ll send a request to Yuno first. . .” Thomas slowly said as he opened up his email.

“Aww yeah, let’s do this! We’ll hit big I tell you! We’ll hit big!” Andrew shouted as he skipped off out of the room. Thomas only nodded in agreement as he began typing away.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

To: Yuno

Greetings,
We here at Fletcher Mining have taken an interest in your recent purchase of land from your neighbor Cynthia. Noticing a possibility of untapped minerals, we offer our service as a mining corporation in aiding you in tapping into these resources. I believe that with our help, your country will benefit extremely from this endeavor. What we offer is the tools and equipment for mining operations as well as training and supervision. We will further benefit your country by only hiring from the local area, opening up dozens of potential jobs. And when we hit “gold,” your country will have a new resource provided to you by us. It is a win-win for everyone!

I would like to take this time to mention that you are not dealing with any ordinary company. Fletcher Mining has years of experience, many of which has been gained right here in Fortuna. We have been behind the mining of minerals such as iron, copper, and gold on the homeland and in the nation of Shango. Out at sea, we’re currently in the beginning phases of offshore drilling. With all this experience, we are ready to take it to Yuno and help your nation profit.

Hopefully this deal is to your liking and that we may further do business in the future.

With best regards,

Thomas Fletcher
Co-owner of Fletcher Mining Corp.

— End quote

— Begin quote from ____

Dear Thomas Fletcher,

My name is Yachiru Tawagaki, and I am the Governor of the recently purchased district and a military developer. We, the Ruling Council of the newly purchased District, have good news for you. We’ve recently cleared open several hundred square piles of natives, so there will be plenty of space for you to conduct your mining business. Expect a surplus of employee applicants as well, most of the citizens have moved out of these areas, and will be delighted to earn an income to pay for their moving expenses.

I look forward to raising the standard of living in Yuno’s new territory and giving your country and company a diplomatic and economic boost. As one of the leading army officials, I guarantee you full protection and safety of all your members and yourself.

Sincerely,
Yachiru Kusajishi
Army Official of the Yunoic Military
District Leader 19 (Newly Established Yuno Land)

— End quote

Behind the scenes:

Hundreds of civilians from former native tribes were coerced to evacuate south.

“Take off those clothes and wear official white uniform fitting of a Yunnic citizen,” a policewoman ordered, forcing the men and women to change their clothing on the spot. Trucks of professional-appearance white uniforms (with microchip tracking technology) delivered to the newly incorporated Cynthian citizens, and confiscated much of their personal belongings. The Supreme Dictator back at the Capital wanted every human to dress aesthetically professionally and in uniform, she’d rather her citizens not appear as though they’re living in a 3rd world country for as long as they were under her indirect rule.

Once the citizens reached the southern area, they could see the rows of houses already built for the citizens to reside in. The move was clean and efficient.

There were numerous secretive downsides unbeknownst to public eye, but more on that later…

— Begin quote from ____

Recently Purchased Land, February 26th

After couple of months of diedown town following the war, Kuthernburg was quick to reinstate there plans for a better Yuno. Sandra Aparicio Head of Palmers cooperations was to oversee the first of 7 major projects, her main goals where to build a brand new town that could hold up to 140,000 residents. As they drove through the rugged terrain they arrived at the spot, it overlook a beautiful valley with a waterfall and Lush trees. Sandra had always been a lover of nation and already imagine how the town would look. She looks at one of her developers and tells him to jot down notes of what she envisioned, " We will not touch the river or disturbe it to much, I recommend we build a river walk and the ‘Downtown area’ and build trails through frosted area along the river further away from center we get. We will need to build a sanitation building to clean the sewer water to be reused, operators have confirmed a large aquifer just few miles east of here. We will need to persuade the Yunopian government to allow the construction of hotels and other accessories so we best head to the capital!!" They loaded up into there jeeps and headed toward the capital, meanwhile construction crews started working on clearing out forest.

— End quote

(OOC: In case we do not write a joint post, it is safe to imply that the leader of Yuno approved these projects.))

Recently Purchased Land, February 27th

The district leader Yachiru approved Sandra Aparicio’s town-building authority. She had received information that Aparicio had chosen a forest area by the valley with a waterfall to build a riverwalk, and blueprints to build hotels and sanitation buildings near an aquifer.

The government decides to compensate sufficient funds and manpower to assist with the growing projects of Kuthernburg.

Purchased Land, Yuno
Fletcher Mining Dig Site

Upon receiving permission to begin their new mining operation, the Fletchers already begun sending over machinery and supplies to Yuno. The survey team, part of the first wave to arrive, went straight to work to ensure that the land provided had anything of value. Sure enough, they were able to find notable iron deposits, just as the expected. Seeing the potential in this mining operation, it gave the Fletchers enough hope that this investment was going to be worth it in the end. Wanting to make sure that the first few weeks went smoothly, Thomas decided that he would go to oversee everything. The bust with the gold mine in Shango was still fresh in his mind, so he wanted to make sure that this operation succeeded, and thankfully this time they were dealing with iron, what their company specialized in, instead of gold.

By the time Thomas arrived at the dig site, the crew were already at work marking locations to begin drilling and blasting. He noticed a handful of the workers were dressed in white uniforms, taking him a moment to realize these were probably the newly hired Yunnic natives. That was a good sign, he thought to himself, since it meant finding workers here would not be too difficult. As a group of the new recruits were being shown how to use the large equipment, Thomas recognized someone off to the side who was supervising another group of workers carefully unloading crates of explosives.

“Madeline! Hey Madeline!” he shouted enthusiastically and waved to get Madeline Odalis’s, the head supervisor for this mining operation, attention. Hearing her name, Madeline turned in his direction to see what the fuss was about. On realizing who it was, she sighed heavily and turned back to the truck. Feeling a bit hurt at being ignored, Thomas walked over and lightly tapped her on the shoulder. “Hey, that was rude way of greeting your boss,” he said playfully. Madeline sighed again before turning around with her arms crossed to face Thomas.

“Mr. Fletcher, it’s a pleasure to have you with us,” she replied in a monotone voice, “although I’m surprised it is you who came instead of your brother.”

“Oi, what’s that supposed to mean?” he quickly asked defensively.

“I’m implying you don’t get out a lot,” she answered before turning back to supervising the workers. “No offense, but you don’t come off as the. . . adventure type, you usually send Andrew to do this kind of work.”

“Uh huh, I guess that’s fair.” Thomas placed his hands on his hips and paused a moment, feeling like he was just insulted. “Well anyways, I’ll only be here to make sure everything is running smoothly and fill out any possible paperwork that might be required. I don’t intend to do anything silly while I am here.”

“Hmm, that’s fine with me,” Madeline answered. There were a few seconds of silence between them before she sighed and figured a way to change the subject. “So, you probably want a rundown of what we got at the moment.”

“That would be nice.”

“Well, our survey team has confirmed that we’re standing on a large deposit of iron, hematite I believe. We’re now in the process of marking out where we’ll be placing the charges, from there we’ll blast the surface and begin digging.” She gestured towards the workers in front of them who were just finishing unloading the explosives. “We currently have hired a couple dozen of the natives. Willing to work, but it’ll take us awhile to train them. Strange folks, but at least they’re not lemurs. . .”

“Shango still bothering you, eh?” Thomas asked as he nudged her arm which Madeline shrugged off.

“I never want to work in such conditions again.”

Thomas laughed out loud, remembering when both her and Andrew came back from Shango all burnt up from working in the sun. “Well you should have no need to worry here. The natives seem complacent, and the government has ensured our safety. Let’s just give it some time, alright?”

“Yeah, alright.”

The Yuno leaders looked at the map where the two foreign powers (Fortuna and Kuthernburg) were on the land of

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392833940584529920/420310139434827818/unknown.png
It was quite surreal for their isolationist nature, but they had more to gain than to lose since they have yet to invest too much into establishing their regime upon the new territory, yet. For now, it was fresh territory with resources that needed to be extracted before civilization is built.

(OOC: Ok I’d write more but I wanted to get the map onto here first so that you two know your positions. Next post should do a timeskip of 100 days later, thoughts?)

Minerva fumbled her signature clumsily on a piece of paper - It would do, she sighed. Of course, her daughter sitting on her lap fumbling with a rubix cube wasn’t helping. When the general entered, she set her daughter back on her own feet. “Go find your dad, Millie, Mom’s got to work.” - Her daughter pouted momentarily, before running off to find her father. Minerva stood with a sigh, looking around the freshly vacated office. “Mac.”

“Yes ma’am?” the general responded - At least she knew him previously, he was her liaison as State governor some time ago. But he had since moved into Military Liaison to the President as of a few years ago.

“Where was he?”

“Where was who?” Before the general was even finished asking his question, he knew who she was referring to, and sighed before speaking. “He said he wasn’t feeling well…and went to take a nap on the couch-…” She cut him off, looking to the old couch in the corner of her office “Just-…tell somebody to get rid of that couch please. Something less…masculine.” She nodded, looking back at the general.

“Yes madam president…As for why I’m officially here…”

“Ah, yes…” She sat back down before the man continued. “Yuno annexed a section of Cynthia through “Buying the land.” - They’re already moving in to set up foreign mining operations.”

“I assume we’re already getting reports of human rights violations?”

“Yes.”

“Has it broke the news yet?”

“Not yet but it almost certainly will.”

“We’ll deal with it step by step then, see how they’ll play there cards and go from there. Thank you, Mac.”

“Yes ma’am.” The man nodded before departing the room; leaving the woman alone with her thoughts and a invariably empty office again.

Purchased Land, Yuno
Fletcher Mining Dig Site

Ms Yachiru met Ms Odalis and treated her very cordially and respectfully, although a smile blossomed as she confessed her love towards aspiring entrepreneurs who worked hard—The Yuno Empire was not only a lottocratic meritocracy but also a nation that emphasized on “ambitious hard work or death.” She directed the Fletchers’ survey team and their machinery towards the iron deposit site. She was sipping from a straw a sizably large container of orange juice. Yachiru started at a low-officer rank as a Security official in charge of the surveillance of a different district of Yuno Empire, which consisted tasks such as overseeing a small branch of the national police force, but she had been on a fast pathway to promotions. She proved herself worthy to the Supreme Leader in the recent war against the treasonous, democratic neighboring Adumara Empire by forcefully enlisting all the surveillance police under her command as soldiers, including herself. The soldiers, well-versed with army machinery (due to using that to suppress the regular civilians internally,) were just as effective during the war, although a large portion of their troops died, an even larger fraction of Adumara’s forces were killed off. They ended the war at a standstill and the Concord continent was at peace again. Essentially, Yuno didn’t gain any land from Adumara, but at the same time, Adumara was weakened enough that it wouldn’t attack Yuno again (hopefully.)

And Yachiru gained a military badge and a promotion! Obviously with no war going on, Lilith told Yachiru to “get back to work governing the internal land of the nation” rather than loitering around overseas looking for a fight. The army’s military equipment was expensive and a waste to not be put to use by the police, and the same goes for the soldiers.

Yachiru was incredibly happy that she finally reached Councilwoman rank! It came with the Supreme Leader’s greed for new land, that after leaving the Adumara-Yuno war, Yuno immediately purchased new neighboring land from someone else peacefully. However, there was a catch.

The Supreme Leader claimed that purchasing the land left them in debt and they’re supposed to rent out land for foreign allies to dig up resources from, the Leader insisted that these foreigners were not meant to stay here forever, only to extract resources for a price to help pay off debt. Yachiru accepted Leader’s explanation, since the land was newly acquired, they didn’t have their own iron industries set up and that would take years to get authorized for under their current system of governance. She dressed herself in a pure-white uniform like everyone else, due to the sun being up and warm.

When she met Madeline Odalis’s, the head supervisor for this mining operation, she helped the woman and her team set up everything for the mining site, helped her through the hiring process of the Yunnic natives (who were surprisingly educated, although disturbingly wild about “Hail to the Leader!”) She also managed to authorize and provide a few dozen mining trucks for the Fetcher’s operation, this way they didn’t have to deliver too many strenuous machinery overseas. The mixture of the Fletcher’s mining team and Yunnic natives were making progress blasting up the mining site and unloading explosives. As this went on for weeks, their CEO (Thomas Fetcher) decided to pay a visit and reunited with Odalis Madeline.

Yachiru placed down her crate of explosives, finished her orange juice real quick and set it down and grabbed an un-opened orange juice off the cooler box she left around for Madeline’s team. She walked over to to Thomas and handed him the juice.
“Greetings, sir Fetcher. This land has been completely untouched prior to your arrival, which means a plethora of resource; I expect you to stay here for a while to fully get back your money’s worth and more, since you already paid.” Yachiru says like it’s an invitation, and then points at a cottage a kilometer from where they were standing.

“That house is built for you for your duration here, so stay as long as you’d like, *ideally forever.*” She leaned over and pat the man on his shoulders, ”I do suggest you come help the workers with the work too on the field. You need a good workout.” Yachiru smirked playfully which implied that she was commenting on his physique, but she was totally not being rude! Definitely not. Surely she was just recommending extra work on-field because staying isolated is not-good.

Items provided:
Draglines.
Shovels.
Loaders.
Haul Trucks.
Mining Drills
Blasting Tools
Earth Movers
Crushing Equipment
Feeding, Conveying, and On-line Elemental Analysis Equipment

Random Pics:

Meanwhile, the Yuno Government has pocketed $150000000 (or $250000000) of currency from Duelland in exchange for letting him place his Motor Company in this plot of land:

However, seeing that Duelland’s industry has yet to arrive and it’s been 200 days, the Government suspects that they get to keep the money and the land.

— Begin quote from ____

Minerva fumbled her signature clumsily on a piece of paper - It would do, she sighed. Of course, her daughter sitting on her lap fumbling with a rubix cube wasn’t helping. When the general entered, she set her daughter back on her own feet. “Go find your dad, Millie, Mom’s got to work.” - Her daughter pouted momentarily, before running off to find her father. Minerva stood with a sigh, looking around the freshly vacated office. “Mac.”

“Yes ma’am?” the general responded - At least she knew him previously, he was her liaison as State governor some time ago. But he had since moved into Military Liaison to the President as of a few years ago.

“Where was he?”

“Where was who?” Before the general was even finished asking his question, he knew who she was referring to, and sighed before speaking. “He said he wasn’t feeling well…and went to take a nap on the couch-…” She cut him off, looking to the old couch in the corner of her office “Just-…tell somebody to get rid of that couch please. Something less…masculine.” She nodded, looking back at the general.

“Yes madam president…As for why I’m officially here…”

“Ah, yes…” She sat back down before the man continued. “Yuno annexed a section of Cynthia through “Buying the land.” - They’re already moving in to set up foreign mining operations.”

“I assume we’re already getting reports of human rights violations?”

“Yes.”

“Has it broke the news yet?”

“Not yet but it almost certainly will.”

“We’ll deal with it step by step then, see how they’ll play there cards and go from there. Thank you, Mac.”

“Yes ma’am.” The man nodded before departing the room; leaving the woman alone with her thoughts and a invariably empty office again.

— End quote

The Yuno government realizes and acknowledges the existence of South Hills and their new President (Minerva)

Luckily, the (INTERNAL) media is 100% state-controlled, with emigration bans in place and enforced, so these current events will take a significant amount of time before it actually breaks the news.

— Begin quote from ____

When she met Madeline Odalis’s, the head supervisor for this mining operation, she helped the woman and her team set up everything for the mining site, helped her through the hiring process of the Yunnic natives (who were surprisingly educated, although disturbingly wild about “Hail to the Leader!”) She also managed to authorize and provide a few dozen mining trucks for the Fetcher’s operation, this way they didn’t have to deliver too many strenuous machinery overseas. The mixture of the Fletcher’s mining team and Yunnic natives were making progress blasting up the mining site and unloading explosives. As this went on for weeks, their CEO (Thomas Fetcher) decided to pay a visit and reunited with Odalis Madeline.

Yachiru placed down her crate of explosives, finished her orange juice real quick and set it down and grabbed an un-opened orange juice off the cooler box she left around for Madeline’s team. She walked over to to Thomas and handed him the juice. 

“Greetings, sir Fetcher. This land has been completely untouched prior to your arrival, which means a plethora of resource; I expect you to stay here for a while to fully get back your money’s worth and more, since you already paid.” Yachiru says like it’s an invitation, and then points at a cottage a kilometer from where they were standing.

“That house is built for you for your duration here, so stay as long as you’d like, *ideally forever.*” She leaned over and pat the man on his shoulders, ”I do suggest you come help the workers with the work too on the field. You need a good workout.” Yachiru smirked playfully which implied that she was commenting on his physique, but she was totally not being rude! Definitely not. Surely she was just recommending extra work on-field because staying isolated is not-good.

— End quote

To much of Thomas’s surprise, the beginning phases of the mining operation went rather smoothly. The Yunnic government was more than willing to aid them, even going as far as providing their own machinery and tools to be used for the dig site. Although he was used to receiving extra help from the government back home in one way or another, Thomas wasn’t sure what to think on the amount of treatment and care these people were giving, almost babying him and his company come to think of it. He looked down at the orange juice box in his hand before shaking his head and pocketing it into his coat.

He glanced over at the lady who gave the juice to him when they met. Her generosity was certainly noticeable, not just because she gave him orange juice but also tons of equipment for his company to use and now a small cottage overlooking the dig site, although her humor was rather random. Well he assumed it was that, or maybe Fortunans and Yuno natives have different definitions of humor. Whichever it is, Thomas brushed off the comment on his physique and turned to her.

“Well uh, Miss. . .” Thomas’s voice trailed as he looked at Madeline for help who in return rolled her eyes and whispered the governess’s name to him. “. . . Yachiru. Yes, Ms. Yachiru. I will gladly accept the cottage as a gift and promise to make good use of it while we’re here. I must also thank you and your nation for aiding my company with, well, pretty much everything.” Thomas then made a small courteous bow in Yachiru’s direction. “Oh, and I mustn’t forget to thank you for the orange juice,” he added as he patted the pocket where he put the small gift. Unsure of what else to say, Thomas turned to Madeline and began conversing with her in Fortunan.

“Well she’s interesting,” Thomas said as he glanced over his shoulder.

“She insulted you,” Madeline replied dryly, clearly not amused by Yachiru’s statement. Thomas looked at Madeline with a concerned look, then at Yachiru, and then back at Madeline.

“Nah, she was probably just messing with me,” he responded, laughing lightly as he took the juice out and took a sip.

“Uh huh,” was all Madeline muttered. Although Yachiru came off as a decent person, Madeline still didn’t entirely like her. Maybe it was just her Fortunan superiority taking over, or maybe she was just protective of her boss. Dear Unus, don’t let it be the last, she thought to herself. I don’t need mother them more than I already do. After taking a quick glance of her watch, Madeline snatched the juice out of Thomas’s hand and placing it on a nearby table. “We have a scheduled blast at the northern end of the site in half an hour,” she said to a surprised Thomas, “we should get going to so we can supervise it.”

“Oh, alright,” he replied before composing himself and turning back to Yachiru. “Well Ms. Yachiru, it was wonderful meeting you. I wish you best of luck and may our paths meet again in the future.” With his farewell finished, Thomas stood there a second unsure on what to do, so without thinking he lightly patted Yachiru on her shoulder.

“Oh my goddesses. . .” Madeline groaned as she buried her face into her hands, unable to comprehend what Thomas just did. Thomas, his face turning a bright shade of red, laughed nervously before quickly backing off and hopping into an awaiting SUV followed closely by Madeline who jumped in the front passenger seat, allowing for the vehicle to speed off.

The mining operation continued to make great progress as the iron deposit was just as plentiful as they expected. The small team of Fortunan workers enjoyed running into few problems with the operation with only a few minor bumps in the road. The cultural gap between them and Yunnic counterparts made for some amusing moments, especially with who their loyalty lies with. Although uncomfortable with seeing these natives seeing someone above even the High Commander, the Fortunans just accepted it as foreign nonsense. They can believe whatever they want (even though it was clearly wrong) as long as they know how to safely place explosives and operate a haul truck. Besides the cultural difference and the couple times when their equipment required maintenance, there were few issues that Fletcher and his team ran into, at least for the time being anyways.

Duelland Motor officials begin roll in Duelland part of Cynthia. “We’ve been waiting to use this land for our businesses interest” one of the officials expresses. They begin to blueprint the 3 car plants.