Administrative Actions

This thread is intended to develop greater transparency between TEP forum administration / moderation and the region at large. This is something we intend to change - we, being the administrative and moderating team of these forums, are to serve people in this community and, as such, they should be privy to any changes we make. This thread is not intended to move into discussions, but we are open to said discussions if needed.

Action: Yuno has been moved from citizenship moderator to forum moderator.
Explanation: On 01/01/18, the account Yuno was added as a citizenship moderator to handle duties associated with citizenship maskings. This account has performed due diligence in this role and, as such, has been discussed as a member to move to forum moderator.
Further Action(s) to be Taken: Administration will make 2 more citizenship moderators. Yuno account currently has moderator access, but has chosen to have delegate as their heading. Will be moved to moderator once delegacy is expired.

Action: Elfin has been moved to citizenship moderator.
Explanation: Elfin has been selected by administration to become a citizenship moderator. This individual is anticipated to do well in this role and assist with citizenship maskings, former citizenship maskings, and ambassador maskings.
Further Action(s) to be Taken: None at this time.

Action: Drachen has been moved to citizenship moderator.
Explanation: Drachen has been selected by administration to become a citizenship moderator. This individual is anticipated to do well in this role and assist with citizenship maskings, former citizenship maskings, and ambassador maskings.
Further Action(s) to be Taken: None at this time.

Action: Ramaeus has been removed as an administrator (03/14/18).
Explanation: Ramaeus has not logged onto their account this year. Administration will, at times, fast-track a former admin / moderator if a need is merited and administration believes they are capable and loyal to the region and its community. However, Ramaeus has not logged onto their account this year. They are not removed for ill behavior, simply inactivity.
Further Action(s) to be Taken: Moved to former citizen.

Action: Changed description for technical forum.
Explanation: Old description read: “I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come…and you will know my name is Megatron when I lay my vengeance upon you!”

This is rather ridiculous. New description will read: “A forum for technical requests and suggestions. Administration and moderation will serve the community of The East Pacific”
Further Action(s) to be Taken: None.

Action: Fortuna has been moved to RP Moderator
Explanation: Fortuna has long had a solid rapport in roleplaying and has demonstrated a skillset we believe will help both streamline roleplaying as well as keep it fun and fair. Therefore, they have been moved into the Roleplay Moderator slot.
Further Action(s) to be Taken: None to be taken at this time.

Action: Xoriet has been removed as an administrator of The East Pacific Forums.
Explanation: This nation had previously served under the administrative team and had developed a strong rapport with the previous team. They were brought on 03/14/18 and had performed typical administrative duties well. However, due to political engagements and administration not announcing this in a timely fashion, Xoriet has been moved back to citizenship account.
Further Action(s) to be Taken: Adding administrators will be announced to the forum prior to placing them in the role in order to be further transparent and to give the community a say in who helps keep these forums running. Please note this does not bar Xoriet from becoming an administrator.

Also, I must apologize in the manner with which this was first presented. After reading it over, I realize how it could be interpreted as subversion, something that was not intended by myself or any member of the team. I wholeheartedly apologize for the way in which this came across, to Xoriet, and to anyone else who was confused or implicated in this. Again, to clarify, Xoriet was not removed for subversion.

You already did your damage, Todd. A clarification now is too little, too late.

Lol, Todd. From a series of possible options, you somehow chose the worst one, and then proceeded to not only run with it, but also hump it. Good job.

Action: Oan has resigned as RP moderator
Explanation: Oan has submitted his resignation to me from his position as RP moderator. We’d like to thank him for his service to the RP community and wish him best of luck going forward

Action: rogueparagon has been promoted to RP moderator
Explanation: With Oan’s resignation leaving a spot open, the team thinks rogueparagon will best fill this spot. Wish him best of luck!

Action: Moved [AU] Urth Adventures Factbook from National Factbooks to Out-of-Character Discussion
Explanation: Because this thread is not a national factbook, it has been relocated to a place that fits its purpose and makes it easier for users to locate.

Action:
TEP Menubar and Header links have been upgraded. 99% of them are now linked to a TEP Short Link (ex: pacifi.ch/citizenship).

Explanation:
This has been a project of mine for the community. This will enable admins to access the destination URL and updated it as needed but allow for an easy-to-remember link that will never change. For example, the citizenship application thread is one of constant change but now it will have a permanent address that only needs a request to update.

Further Action(s) to be Taken:
None to be taken at this time. [edit_reason]Downtime has been resolved. Happy linking![/edit_reason]

Action:

1. Hobbes has been moved from the “Admin” group to the “BigBadHodad” group.
  2. The “Admin” group has been renamed to “Global Moderators.”
  3. Removal of outdated forum moderators.

Explanation:

1. I’m not exactly sure when the split happened in the admin team (if I had to guess pre-2008) but we had two groups/roles that did nearly the exact same thing. To better serve the community in defining ourselves (see #2) it is only natural to consolidate into one group.
  2. In the near future with the pending Tapatalk Migration the “BigBadHodad” group will be “Administrators” and “Admin” group will be “Global Moderators” to better align with that platform the name change seems right at this time and for the admin team to better define roles. Note: In honor of Loop and the meaning behind “BigBadHodad”, the administrators will keep the title until the migration is completed.
  3. With the Tapatalk preview, it allowed me to see how many of our forums have moderators that are no longer in their role or even in NS anymore and so I cleaned it up for added security.

Action:
Fixed Wonder Woman’s voting rights in the Magesterium.

Explanation:
N/A

None to be taken at this time.

Action:
Removed Sad States masking for the Magesterium

Explanation:
User resigned.

None to be taken at this time.

Action:
Learned to spell.

Action: Opened a support ticket after reports of being unable to register due to a “could not open socket” after clicking “submit” when trying to register on the forum.
Explanation: http://b1.ifrm.com/1250/87/0/f7000026/Screenshot2018-05-31at12047AM.png
Further Action(s) to be Taken: We await to hear back from the mothership.

Update(s):
6/11/18
Appears to be CAPTCHA related since I turned it off and registrations work fine now. Updated ZB ticket with information.

Action: Moved “Delegate Election” to the top of “Government of the East Pacific” category for better visibility during the election period.
Explanation: Go overboard for your overlord?
Further Action(s) to be Taken: Will be moved back to its home in the “Conclave.”

Action:
Cleaned up the embassies of Embassy Row. Removed the mostly out of date regional “Forum” links and replaced them with “Regional Information” that links to each region’s NS page. Outdated & broken regional banners have been removed.

Explanation:
Keeping TEP beautiful. By having “Regional Information” it provides always up-to-date information and helps streamline forum operations.

I will add it to my to-do list to seek out their current regional banners to update them to the “forum rules area” in the coming weeks.

Action:
Trashed spam posts.

Explanation:
No one likes spam.

None

Action taken: Closed this thread: http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7022016/1/#new.

Explaination: User “Axiom Tau Zelon” is has broken several roleplay rules and guidelines, chief among them being role-playing without a nation and citizenship, futuristic technology roleplay, and not separating NS information from forum roleplay. It was indicative that they did not read the rules, and they were warned in this thread to correct the issues and contact the roleplay team if they required help, with all necessary resources being clearly linked. This warning was ignored and another post was made. They are now restricted from RP until they correct their citizenship and nation situation and speak with the roleplay team.

Further actions to be taken: Moderator approval will be required for posts this user makes to ensure that they do not repeat this incident. This will be disabled and the thread unlocked when the issues are resolved.