All that glitters is not gold

South Liberation Army Headquarters
Somewhere in the South of Caven Mountain Range

Christopher Lansing was lost in his own thoughts. He was wondering what it must have been like in East Malaysia when it was unifying as an Empire. How many of the soldiers that had lost their lives what their surroundings might have been like when they were fighting for their freedom. As he left his daze, he became aware of his surroundings, and he was left looking around at the dingy abandon warehouse in the mountains that his army called home until he finally focused back on what was going on in front of him and he cleared his throat to speak.

“Again, Mr. Moore, I want your access codes and all of this can stop,” Christopher said as he looked at the East Malaysian spy that was tide to a chair and had been beaten severely by his men over the last few days. “It really is that simple…” but he was cut off by the man.

“I’m not giving you anything!” he yelled at Christopher trying to free himself, lunging his body towards him but his men quickly grabbed him and held down the chair.

“Oh we will see about that,” as he turn behind him to the security system and motioned for one of his men to turn on a security monitor, which got Mr. Moore’s attention quickly.

He focused on at the monitor remembering every detail of his daughter because he knew it would be the last time he would see her again. He calculated his changes of escaping as impossible and they had taken away his cyanide pill. Finally he focused on Christopher. “You bastard,” and hung his head low and provided his access codes.

Christopher was smiling back at the man, “Thank you for seeing the light of the situation,” and he took a quick glance back at the monitor, “Cute kid. Don’t worry, she will not be harmed.” He looked back at Mr. Moore and looked at the men that were standing behind him and nodded at them and looked away as the man screamed as the blade went across his neck.

“Now, we must move quickly before his friends figure out what has happened. That Empress bitch won’t see this one coming,” he laughed and turned back around to see his men were dragging away the body, “in a few weeks we will bring our cause to the region… we will take down East Malaysian embassies!” and the men that were around his cheered.

As he was being dragged away, barely clinging to life he realized he fail his country after what was being said, and as he felt the last bit of strength leave him, he realized everything was getting lighter and not darker. He wondered what was going on and suddenly he felt scared and his mind tried to figure out what was going on. Maybe he was having a horrible dream but he knew that didn’t make any sense. He felt a hand grab his and he could hear in his mind a voice, ‘Open your eyes,’ and he did. He was shocked what he was seeing, a beautiful woman with the saddest eyes he had ever seen, but then he realized what had happened… he died.

[hr]
---->http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5185889/1/#new<----
And it starts… this will be a RP that anyone can join actually. In the start, I’m laying ground work. But if you are interested let me know in the OOC.

Nik Aker was walking down the side walk to the convention center in downtown Libertyburg where a political conference was going on about working out differences and trying to bring Southcaven and Soutland more into the fold with East Malaysia like other ASO member territories have. He was reporting on the conference like he always did and was happy this time he got to spend it with his soon-to-be wife and their unborn child

It was an unusually beautiful day he thought to himself since it was early spring and it was actually warm, which was very unusual for the time of year. He liked it but didn’t like the how people always come out like it is the last time it is going to be warm every in their lives. He was a few block away from the conference center with lunch, he figured he would surprise Marie with some food since she had been working a lot with this latest conference. He stopped for a moment because he had an unusual feeling he was being watched but shrugged it off.

He continued walking and looking ahead because he had told her her was coming and he could see her from the distance and he could see her waiting for him rubbing her stomach and reading something. She must have felt him staring at her because she looked down the street and smiled. She had a killer smile that he always had a soft spot for, one of the reasons he left her into his life with her being Human and him being a little bit of a Hybrid. He was barely East Malaysian, he was probably more Human then East Malaysia but he decided take the take some cure that was discovered during a war with West Malaysia that would make sure he wouldn’t die from having such a small about of East Malaysian DNA inside him. He wondered if that’s why he felt different now, maybe he had the bad genes after all but she came back out of his own thoughts and was smiling also.

Then he started to have the same feeling again and it was as if in his mind he kept hearing ‘Stop,’ which kind of was unnerving and he stopped again to look behind him, which he knew Marie was watching him then suddenly a sound caught his attention and brought him back to look at Marie because he knew what the sound was. It was an siren on the buildings going off that could only mean one thing… a bomb was detected.

Suddenly his thoughts was to Marie, dropping the food and started to run but he knew it was too late as he seen the explosion taking place and that’s when Marie locked eyes with him and in that moment time seemed to have almost stopped. In that brief moment she mouthed she loved him as she tried to protect their unborn child but she was gone.

“No!” he screamed as he shot up from his bed gasping for air and tears running down his face. It was the same every night for the last 7 years. That’s all he seen when his eyes were closed. Nothing seemed to work for him. He tried medication, therapy, and even joined a PTSD help group. He knew why nothing working was because he wasn’t Human and needed to stop wasting his money on Human medicine. He needed to get out of the territories… go north to get the treatment he needed but thanks to his half-brother that was never going to happen any time soon.

He looked at the clock on his night stand and with a sigh he said, “3:47 in the morning, I guess I might as well start working,” to nobody but himself. His apartment was silent, he wished it wasn’t so quite and wondered what Marie would think him moping around 7 years later as he got up from bed to see if he had any assignments as he checked his email on his work phone. ‘I don’t like it,’ he heard in his mind but behind him that caused him to jump and turn around at the same time ready to fight. He relaxed when he realized he was still alone and everything was quiet expect for his phone that got another email. “Looks like I have work today after all,” he mumbled feeling like he was going to have to eventually commit himself.

Double checking the email, he decided to head to the hospital to see if he could get a story done for The True Minority news-blog he worked for.

— Begin quote from ____

The True Minority
thetruth.aso.em news | opinion | about | contact
[hr]
News.
tags: news, opinion, attack, hybrid, human

Another Attack, No Justice

4/27/14
Libertyburg, Southcaven
by Journalist 23

A Hybrid man, who wished to remain anonymous, was brutally beaten late last night in downtown Libertyburg by multiple people but the local police refuse to investigate the suspected humans who did the attack. The man injuries are so severe that if he was not a Hybrid, he would have not survived this attack.

We were able to interview a couple of witnesses who said that the man might have been startled after being almost hit by a car and displayed what are believed to have been telekinetic-like abilities. We can not independently verify the sources, the victim would not speak on the matter and local hospitals lack the technology to do the needed testing.

We tried to reach out to the Mayor’s Office on the police not investigating but the spokesperson declined to comment.

[COMMENTS | 1203]
JayMac89
We don’t want yer kind here! Everything the INVADERS TOUCH SHOULD BE BURNED!!!11

HybridUnited
@JayMac89 What is wrong with you? We’re all East Malaysian. Do you forget what it was like before they took control from Caven? Nothing to eat. No jobs. DEATH! Humans and East Malaysians alike and TOGETHER we got thru it and so what if some of them got together and had children. Biggots are what is wrong with … read more

SCAVGRL99
i think it would have been find if hybrids would just learn to control those powers like north ems or maybe if they shared the technology and not keeping us back… just sayin

— End quote

Sighing, Nik Aker looked over the the story he could out together on his tablet but he was outraged after speaking with the police that showed no interest in finding the attackers. The victim didn’t want to help get the information out also for fear they would come back for him. ‘No wonder the southern Human territories are so heavily restricted from everyone. I only wish I could get out.’ Sighing again, he decided to the crime scene to take a look at the area.

[hr]

Imperial Palace – Office of the Empress
Eastrovia

Empress Glendale Jung hated being stuck in meetings all day, when it was beautiful outside and it wasn’t like almost everyday was like that but she would love to have had a break right about now. She was standing at one of the many windows in her office looking at the city but still paying close attention to the upcoming diplomatic meeting with several nations in a couple of weeks, which she was going to secretly show up to. She didn’t want to make it a big deal for every leader the be forced to show up, she knew some of them would but she wanted to host it herself with it being a rather small event. She just hoped the leaders that know her well didn’t figure it out and show up.

Amanda Bishop, former Empress and now diplomatic advisor, was going over the last of the details that it was going to be hosted in the nearby Diplomatic Imperial Offices on Embassy Row, “I’m thinking we can have a casual lunch during the meeting. I don’t think the leaders and representatives are going to mind getting a little break from the formalities. We’re just going to go over our sphere of influence, Packilvania, and maybe encouraging more free trade. If all of that sounds good to you, I can send it over to Director Briggs and he can forward it to the confirmed guest to make sure they show up on time,” as she looked over the invitation again.

— Begin quote from ____

Respected Leaders and Representatives,

You have been invited to a casual diplomatic conference and lunch to discuss important issues with regards to: East Malaysia, Packilvania, discussing free trade and other relevant topics of the region. It will be hosted in the Diplomatic Imperial Offices on Embassy Row, Room 500, in Eastrovia.

Please feel free to RSVP with who will be attending and acceptable menu items. No more then two representatives.

Signed,

Brendon Briggs
Director of Diplomacy & Foreign Affairs

— End quote

Glendale didn’t look away from the window when she responded, “everything sounds good to me. Make sure the chef gets the meals correct this time. I don’t want to deal with what happened last time meals got mixed up.”

Amanda chuckled, “you don’t have to remind me, I was setting between them. Don’t worry, I will get everything set up and it will be perfect.” She looked down to her watch to check the time, “good news is that you still have some time before your next meeting starts. Did you want to go over the situation down south?”

With a sigh, Glendale turned away from the window and moved to sit at her desk. “Well… where do I start when it comes to those territories,” for the next several minutes she went over the situation that was developing in the southern Human territories wanting more autonomy in dealing with their economies.

[hr]
Hm… I wonder where this could be going…

Annielynne Bloomingdale was franticly running down a dark hallway at Eastrovia Memorial Hospital trying to get away from an attacker. She was in her hospital room when she had a funny feeling and it made her wake up; that’s when the power had gone out and she knew something was very wrong. She hid in her bathroom with a vase waiting in the dark for anyone to come in and when they did she smashed the vase on their head and got out of the room.

She seen the nurses station where two hallways came together but no one was at it and she didn’t see anyone in any of the rooms on the floor. She was still slightly disoriented from the pain medications they had given her but she knew she had to try and get away. She heard footsteps coming from the darkness, quickly she looked around and realized she couldn’t keep running on a empty floor of the hospital in the dark, so she moved being the nurses station and hid. The footsteps got closer and closer until she heard them stop at the nurses station and she could hear the attacker breathing but after several moments she heard them continue down the hallway. She was glad he went down the hallway that had he most moonlight coming in but she would take the one that didn’t have any.

She knew it would only buy her a little more time before they realized she had not continued down in that direction and she knew it wasn’t a good idea to go back in the direction of her room. She had to get out of the hospital, this wasn’t random that nobody was on the floor so she took the hallway that directly across from the nurses station and tried not to make too much noise but quickly picked up the pace when she heard footsteps coming behind her again and a laugh that her her cringe.

Nothing was working in her favor it seemed. She tried to pull a fire alarm and emergency alarms but they were dead also. She found a working wall panel but when she tired to access anything it would deny her access codes, she knew had been betrayed. Finally she found an emergency exit but the door wouldn’t budge, that’s when she heard the breathing behind her and slowly turned around then backing into the door…

Oracle Aza was deep in thought remembering the last of what she remembered of her old life as Annielynne Bloomingdale, when she was interrupted by the person she remembered from that memory. It was nearly 4 years ago when they went came to one of the most remote areas of The Lost Woods together. They were living in a camouflaged camp that had a shuttle and a couple of small modular buildings they used for living, cooking, bathing and research.

“Oracle, did you hear me?” Asked a concerned Tyler Bishop, who was a clone of the first Emperor of East Malaysia. He was an evil man when he met Oracle Aza, so full of anger, wanting to seek revenge for no reason at all against Empress Jung. That night in the hospital was his awakening, he didn’t understand it but he knew he needed to join her and protect her. He realized she was looking at him with a pretty blank face, waiting for him to repeat himself. “I finished the books you wanted me to read. I still don’t understand why you say I am the “owl,” because I don’t see the connections. I’m sorry.”

She smiled at the man, thinking of how he has become so gentle when he was so harsh. “Tyler, you are the owl. Do you not listen to my teachings? I was hoping reading those books would help you understand your purpose in this existence. I don’t have all of the answers, I am only an Oracle of Aza herself and it has to be you who discovers yourself. Now think about it… apply yourself to the stories and fine your purpose.”

Tyler sighed, “The only thing that the books have in common with me…” He paused for a moment as he started to figure out one part of all of this cryptic talk of legends and that the Oracle never made anything simple to understand. “In the Malay of Aza’s time it was believed that they were all connected and could mentally talk between any living creature. They were in a forest called The Great Forest of Truth and according to legend they were very insightful creatures and only spoke truth before the Great Rapture that broke the link. That land was later part of the West Malaysian state of the Malaysian Republics and their crest was the owl.” Stopping a moment to catch his breath before continuing, “that would would be all I can figure out but I think I see what I need to understand because I represent the owl because I am West Malaysian…”

“I’m glad you were able to put all of that together. So I would read the books again with this new sense of understanding. The answers will not come easily but you must find them. It is almost time for the Great Unity and Separation and you must understand before we meet the others.” She could see he had so many questions racing through his mind but without another word she turned around and walked to one of the structures to get back to her studies and meditation.

He just stood looking dumbfounded as she walked away wondering how she can be so clear yet cryptic. ‘Maybe it has something with Azahata being in her mind all the time…I didn’t want to imagine nor do I want the cure any more…’ he thought to himself before he went back to read the books once again.

[hr]

Dominion Major International Airport
Air East Malaysia Ticket Counter

Frederick Mason was nervously was waiting in line at the ticket counter to purchase his tickets for his mission. He hoped his forged documentation would pass the verification process since his luggage and the required material already did, which he was thankful since they had no more refractive technology left, nor could they manufacture any more.

It was finally his turn to speak with a ticket agent, which he placed the documentation for them to process and told them where he was interested in going and that he wanted a round trip ticket.

“Oh I hear that it is a lovely place to visit this time of year,” the ticket agent said while they ran the verification process, “are you going to visit family?”

Frederick knew it was just small talk but was suspicious but put on his best false face and answered with the story he was given, “Oh no, I’m just interested in exploring the region a little. It’s my first trip out, I’m a little nervous flying,” he said with a smile.

The ticket agent smiled back, “Oh nothing to worry about with East Malaysian airlines,” he paused for a moment as the verification process come back clear, “and looks like everything checks out here with your verification. The tickets will cost EM$500 and how will you be paying? Cash, credit or debit?”

“In cash,” he said as he pulled out his wallet and paid the ticket agent.

The ticket agent took the cash, “thank you Mr. Mason,” he said as he put the cash away and the tickets printed on paper and handed them to Frederick. “Enjoy your trip and thank you for flying with Air East Malaysia.”

“Thank you,” Frederick said as he made sure he had the tickets and his documents and went to the waiting area for his flight in a few hours.

[hr]

Democratic East Malaysian Republic Headquarters – Office of the President
1001 Old Kingdom Road
Libertyburg, Southcaven, ASO, EM

Marcus P. King was waiting on the phone for an ASO representative once again… he had called so many times lately, he forgot how many times but he never liked the long waits. He was so annoyed after 20 minutes that he was rubbing his temples trying to release some stress. Finally he hard someone pick on the line and he went straight to focusing on the person.

“Thank you for calling the Associated States Organization representative line. My name is Gerry. May I have your name and ID code please?”

“Yes. This this Marcus P. King. My ID code is 5581-DRMR.” ‘I hope he is helpful.’

“Thank you Mr. King for that. How may I assist you today?”

Sighing, “I had a dispute with the ASO with my phone and travel permit for state side being revoked and I was calling to follow up with that.”

“I can check that status for you, just one moment while I pull it up… I see that the dispute did come back as denied.”

“Denied,” he yelled. “How can that be? I’m the President of DEMR. I need that permit to continue negotiations with DDFA and the Empress’ Office. I have an meeting coming up in the next 6 months.” ‘Seriously? Just F-ing GREAT!’

“I am sorry about that Mr. King. It looks like it was because of an association with another individual that caused the status to be revoked. But if you do not have any contact with them in 3 months, it I can submit and appeal, which is different from a dispute.”

‘Do you not have a brain? Hello. Yes.’ “Yes, yes. I would like that. But can you tell me what individual? In the position that I am in… I speak to a lot of people with being the leader of a political organization.”

“Yes sir, I understand your concerns. The name that is on file is Nik Aker, looks like you had a meeting with him a little over a month ago.”

‘Thaat has to be a joke.’ “Wait. Wait one second there. Nik? Nik Aker? He’s a reporter for a news organization and a member of DEMR,” he paused for a moment to collect his thoughts." That for one is a privileged conversation and exempt for ASO permit regulations. For two he is a member of DEMR, which under the ASO Constitution, would make that illegal to revoke my permit status based on peaceful political organization affiliation." ‘I know the laws you idiot.’

“I can add that into your appeal, sir.”

I think you should. I am tired to dealing with you people. I know the laws and I know I am right. You can also add in that my next step will be the Territorial Court for legal recourse.

“I can add that also. Did you have any other questions Mr. King?”

“Not really,” he said rather coldly.

“Well thank you for calling. Have a good day.”

Marcus was so frustrated that he slammed the phone back on the receiver. He could not believe how they are all drones. They were also respectful but they really didn’t care about him or anyone in the southern territories, they’re just paid to work. He sympathized with them, they didn’t have any idea what it was like to live here, so he couldn’t stay angry to too long.

He sat there for a little while looking down at the phone before picking it up and calling his secretary, “Elsa, this is Mark… Oh I’m doing fine. Can you do me a favor? Yeah, I need everything we have on Nik Aker… No. I don’t want to set up a meeting, just get me the file. Thanks” and hung up the phone

‘I hope we have something that can give me an idea of why he, of all people, would cause this,’ he thought to himself as he waited for the file.

[hr]

— Begin quote from ____

Greetings Herr Briggs,

Unfortunately, President Kreskov will not be able to attend the diplomatic conference due to scheduling conflicts. In his place will be the Chairwoman of the Federal Council Nadya Zakharovana Tselner (UL - Volkapita) and the Chairman of the People’s Council Kiril Artyomov Zhutov (UL - Okezuka). Please send the menu items and other information to myself, and I will forward it to them.

Regards,

Yaroslav Dmitryovich Obraztsov
Secretary of State

Nikita Kamensikh Building
1541 Sikorzky Street
Volkgoroda, Laiatan

— End quote

Saline Port
Abandoned Shipping Warehouse

Agent Omega-328 was on assignment doing research for AGC on political leaders in a warehouse that had been abandoned that served her needs perfectly since it was rarely visited area also. Since 2011 after the company that occupied it had to abandoned it as the whole shipping industry closed, she had nothing to worry about but she still had the surveillance system fully operational.

She was already done with her work for the day, which happened nearly everyday and just needed to finish and submit her paperwork. Not much ever happened with the local political leaders of southern Southcaven nor was it anywhere near where the SLA operated. She would stay at her post after she was done anyway, so she never hurried on the paperwork side unless she was needed to do field work.

After she submitted it to the system, she worked her computer console to start turning off the AGC systems and isolated her signal from the network to make it look like she was inactive. After making sure she was not going to get caught she re-purposed the system to spy on her son. It was against AGC regulations and she could face steep consequences, if she were ever to get caught but she felt guilty for abandoning him.

It took her several minutes to find him when he wasn’t in his normal spot at that time, he was a creature of habit so she was a little surprised but she figured it was his job pulling him to Downtown Libertyburg. ‘What a dangerous place for him to be,’ she thought. She followed him with security cameras taking in every moment as he was looking around, asking people questions and writing down things when he could. She couldn’t hear anything but she knew her son better than he probably did when he was in full working mode.

Suddenly she took her focus off the screen when she heard a sound behind her, looking down at her console she could see that the security system was still up but she grabbed her weapon and turned around with a defensive stance quickly. She lowered her weapon when she seen who was standing right behind her with a sly smile on her face. “I’m not amused Jennifer, you could give someone a heart attack doing that,” Agent Omega-328 said with a sigh to a face she knew very will.

Jennifer Ward chuckled a little. “Jane, I wouldn’t be a good spy or assassin if I wasn’t good at doing that.”

Agent Omega-328 cringed a little hearing her old name. “You know I don’t go by that name any more. I don’t feel like menacing words, so why don’t we get straight to the point?” She still kept her hand on her weapon, she didn’t trust even an old friend.

Jennifer relaxed a little and walked around to the set of screens, looking at the largest one that was one. “I may not work for your organization but I’m pretty sure, this isn’t your job,” glancing back at her smiling, “and don’t worry, I’m not here to blow your cover or kill you. I was in the area and thought I would look you up. It did take me a little while to figure it out and here we are. Who’s the kid?”

Agent Omega-328 put her weapon up, she knew Jennifer was someone she could trust from their intelligence days, “that would be my son,” she didn’t want to talk about her old personal life and tried to change the subject. “So if you are not here to blow my cover, kill me, or anything like that… then why are you here? I don’t think you are here to just catch up with an old friend.”

Jennifer didn’t like that she was trying to change the subject so she continued with what she wanted to first and looked back at the screen, “Little Nicholas? He’s has grown up. You should have stayed with the agency and you wouldn’t have to spy on him. You and him could have left this dump.”

“He changed his name to Nik and rejected his human heritage,” Agent Omega-328 said with a frown and before she could continue Jennifer cut back in.

Jennifer frowned also when she replied, “that’s not really a safe thing to do. But you are right, I am not here to fully catch up. As much as I would love to have coffee and catch up Jane… do you think the AGC would work with the Empress the help with the SLA?”

Agent Omega-328 laughed, “really? You think that would happen? Don’t count on it. East Malaysia made a terrible choice, what the government did those original AGC agents families will never be forgotten or forgiven. I understand that Empress Jung has been a fair leader but nothing she could do will work. I really wish I could help you Jennifer but I’m not high enough up.”

“What about a meeting with Omega-01? Would that be possible?” Jennifer said with a sigh.

Agent Omega-328 went a little rigid at the mention of that agent, “what makes you think that agent can be of help?”

Jennifer narrowed her eyes, “Don’t play dumb with me Jane. I’m pretty sure he is one of the originals,” she held up her hand to prevent Agent Omega-328 from cutting her off, “but I can’t know fully if he is or is not. I think you should just get a message to them that I was asking around and wanting a meeting,” pausing for a moment collecting her thoughts, “I wont lie to you Jane. Things are not good right now in theses southern territories, which you already know. We are not looking for all of the AGC intelligence… we just want to track down a missing agent that was undercover in the SLA.”

'A missing agent? Must not be able to find the body, Agent Omega-328 thought, “I haven’t heard anything, which is interesting. I can’t promise you anything either but I will see what I can do.”

Jennifer smiled at her response, “That’s all I am asking,” she noticed that Nik was stopped at an intersection, it was just outside of the Downtown Libertyburg which he was inspecting or maybe taking in the feel of the area; she couldn’t tell exactly then screen went all fuzzy. “And I thought AGC always had perfect uplink from what I’ve been told.” She looked over at Agent Omega-328 with a questioning look.

Agent Omega-328 sighed, “It is. That happens sometimes when I watch him. It’s not the uplink… it’s him. I don’t know how he does it but it happens.”

Arching an eyebrow Jennifer replied with concern, “Jane… you know he’s a Hybrid, what Class is he?”

“I… I… I don’t know,” Agent Omega-328 with a sad tone realizing how mush she didn’t know about her son.

“Well I don’t have the equipment with me to check but Glendale can’t even do that. She’s Class 10,” Jennifer said looking back at the screen then to Agent Omega-328. “I would keep an eye on him Jane, I think he’s special. It was nice seeing you but like all good things, they must end. Maybe I’ll see you around Jane… oh by the way, you’re security system is good and I didn’t damage it.”

Agent Omega-328 just nodded in agreement and watched Jennifer slip away into the shadows. After she was gone, she turned off the system and switched to a PADD to make up an almost fake report of what she just heard as a lead to cover that Jennifer had visited her but her mind was racing with many unanswered questions. ‘What did she mean Nik is special? Why does she still call me Jane? Jane Elizabeth Aker-Lansing is dead. Why is she here in Southcaven? Looking for a missing agent is not her job. I hope they take this fake report, if Jennifer is here… it must be important.’

Meanwhile earlier in the day…

Diplomatic Imperial Offices on Embassy Row - Office of the Diplomatic & Foreign Affairs Director
Eastrovia, EM.

Brendon Briggs was reviewing the daily diplomatic correspondence that had came in earlier in the day on his computer. Most of it was normal reports from embassies, a few requesting diplomatic meetings or conferences, and a couple had come in about a their diplomatic conference coming up in a couple of weeks. He reviewed them and took notes on who who had responded and what menu items they had requested.

He was glad the Glendale had decided to set up the conference, it had been almost a year since the last meeting relating to various topics with nations that East Malaysia considered friendly. He would normally have hosted such meetings being the Director of Diplomacy & Foreign Affairs, he was excited with it being his first chance with him being promoted to Director after Amanda Bishop retired to become an advisor but Glendale had other plans and wanted to host it herself. He hated it when she planned secretly showing up to things but he couldn’t complain since she was the person he loved. He was scared to start a relationship with her and wasn’t sure if it would last but he enjoyed their time together; they had a lot in common.

Finishing up on his notes for the meeting, he continued reading the different reports but stopped when another one caught his eye from YYY.

‘Well that was very brief as always,’ he thought as he continued to go through the diplomatic correspondences.

[hr]
---->OOC Thread<----

Libertyburg
Downtown

Nik Aker was doing what he does best, using his EMNN South news reporter credentials to get story information for The True Minority. He had already done the story and this was his second time visiting the area. He wasn’t sure why but unjust attacks against his own kind drove him crazy; more crazy than he thought he was. Very few people know he is a Hybrid, nobody would have guessed he was not human since he did not grow up in a East Malaysian/Hybrid household that meant he didn’t seem unusual.

He was about to give up on his quest for more knowledge when he ran into a man around his age or maybe a little bit younger. He recognized him form the hospital checking on the victim and knew the chances of them bumping into each other was very slim. Nik took a moment to get a sense of the individual when a light bulb went off in his mind. The man was one of the attackers but he didn’t fully take part in his. That could mean a few things: he was a Hybrid and did not know it, a Hybrid that didn’t get the cure or a human that was not against East Malaysians per se. He had to ask this guy some questions and when he stopped him, he started to look a little ill. ‘Gotcha,’ Nik thought but acted like he didn’t know the guy and played a little dumb.

Shockingly Nik and the guy talked for several minutes about the Downtown Libertyburg area and the guy talked himself into the evening of the attack. He admitted the victim was a very close friend and couldn’t say much but did wish he did more but was scared. Nik thanked him for his time and gave him a business card and they went their separate ways. Thankfully he finally got the real location of the attack. It was just outside of the downtown, not exactly the safest areas but he checked his watch and figured it would be fine but he would leave before evening.

He found the spot and the area was pretty empty with a few vacant lots and plus business workers already left for the day. Taking a few moments he decided to get a feel of the area since he was pretty sure he would be find for another hour before he would head home.

Closing his eyes he could feel an after effect of the victim. It was really faint but could feel the pain, fear and something else… it was betrayal. Suddenly all of the parts fit together. Everything made sense to him because cured East Malaysians/Hybrids feelings convey more than words ever could. ‘Talk about creepy, I don’t think I will every fully understand how I can do that… maybe if I ever make it out of here, I will understand,’ he was thinking to himself when he heard a really odd sound. It was almost as if something was crawling along side one of the buildings. He was looking around at the tops of the buildings when he spotted it a few buildings away. ‘Oh god. That can’t be real. No.’

“You know Nikky, you really need to stop denying it or you will go crazy one of these days,” Marie Lloyd said to Nik as she observed the creature also. “Such ugly creatures. Extremely rare to see them so far away from its hive or during the day, they don’t like the light. It is a wonder they evolved to become… well partly Malay on a genetic level I would guess. What a pity they didn’t all die when they were purged from The East Pacific and thrive on eating anything living it would seem, it didn’t use to be that way. You must interest it and it hasn’t found you…yet.”

Nik looked down at his long dead finance, back to the creature and to her again. "This has to be a really bad dream…I’m crazy, right?

Finally Marie looked at him with eyes that showed her sadness but she gave a small smile, “oh Nikky, I wish I could agree with you but you are not crazy. Stop rejecting your heritage on this; you rejected everything else human nowadays.” She looked back up, keeping a watchful eye on the creature.

Frowning, Nik did a loud sigh. “So you are dead, I see something almost out of one of those human Alien movies, and I’m not crazy at all.”

“Sounds about right,” she said nodding in agreement, “East Malaysians or Hybrids are so mentally solid… I mean really Nikky? Sounds like denial. Maybe PTSD?”

“Ugh. I watched you die. I’ve dreamed about it almost every night for 7 years. I hear you in my head telling for stuff. And now you want to show yourself! What would you think?” He said letting out some anger.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t think I should reveal myself unless you were in danger, which you are a little. That creature is out of place but do not under estimate it. That is the reason the dark scares you so much,” she said still watching the creature more than looking at Nik; it hurt to see him even in after death.

He looked around for a moment and seen he was still alone, which he figured was a good thing. “So I guess I can only see you. What are you? An angel? Ghost? Something else?”

She chuckled a little, “well you still are the same Nikky. You are correct in that you can only see me but I am no ghost. I am a messenger but not from the human God. Our child, during our death made me a Hybrid of sorts. Without being overly complicated… I’m stuck right now… so I am a messenger of Aza. I’m fine with it… I get to keep seeing her.”

Nik was taking in every word while looking at the ugliest thing he’d ever seen but it head snapped back to Marie at the last part. He didn’t care about the rest because he knew exactly who she was talking about, “Maddie,” he whispered.

Marie froze for a moment wondering if she said too much and should play it off but it would have been wrong and she looked Nik in the eyes. “Yes, it was a girl and I remembered that was the name we wanted if it was a girl. She takes the form of if she were 8 and she is beautiful Nik.”

Several tears were going down Nik’s face, “is she here with you? Can I see her?” He asked almost pleading.

“She’s not ready to show herself to you just yet. She knows it will hurt you but she does visit when you are sad. Don’t worry she will before she moves fully to the higher existence.”

Clearing his throat and wiping a few tears away, “I understand.”

“Nik, you have to run now,” Marie said in a very serious tone and it echoed thought his mind. “RUN NOW!”

Nik could feel the danger, the creature was closing in from above but he could tell it was moving very slow. He ran fast as possible wondering if she would come back. He heard her again in his mind, ‘Yes. You are needed.’ It was cryptic but he would understand it later he guessed but for the moment he wanted to put distance between him and the creature.

He finally felt safe, looking behind him as he slowed to a walk but he wasn’t paying attention and walked right into someone knocking them both over. Nik was the first one up and started to apologize as he helped the person up only to stop when he seen it was the man from earlier. ‘Well, well, well. Fancy meeting you here mister.’

The guy picked up the flowers he had dropped, fumbling over his words then pretty much ran off like a deer caught in headlights.

Nik arched an eyebrow as he watched the man go down the street only looking back once to make sure he wasn’t being followed. ‘Uh-huh. I see someone can’t stop buying flowers for a particular person. Now he knows that I know which means he could know about me. Guess we’ll just have to blackmail each other.’ He thought as he shook his head and decided to go home to relax and open his expensive bottle of wine; it was going to be a long night.

[hr]
---->http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5185889/1/#new&lt;----

Libertyburg
S. Caven Bread Bakery & Coffee

Jennifer Ward was enjoying doing a little field work from time to time but she hated when she didn’t have any leads. It was kind of a cool day not warm like it was to the north, she just had to act the part of a human so she had to “enjoy” it for now. Thankfully she found a way to pass the time at a bakery-coffee shop by: acting like she was working on her computer, drinking coffee, eating bagels and pastries. It was funny how she could so easily fit in that she doubted anyone would have suspected she was a spy. It was true that her computer was much more advanced and could connect to a WWT external WWW server but she had tucked herself outside in a corner so no one could see the things she was accessing.

She assigned herself to the case of the missing agent because she knew him personally. Julian Moore was a perfect agent, he was in her original group with Jane when they worked a lot of cases abroad before they went their separate ways. She moved to Imperial Palace security, he went to Undercover Operative and well Jane went to AGC. It was funny she thought that they would all end up in such different places when they worked so well in a group. She shook her head as she was wondering why she was even thinking about all of that or why she was even still working the case. She knew the protocol and after 5 contact deadlines, which Julian missed all 5 that would mean he was dead but she had to get closure for his family, maybe even a body if she was lucky.

‘So if I was the SLA, where would I operate out of? How would I hide myself from getting found?,’ she thought to herself when she was looking at sensor and satellite data. ‘Come on, has to be something. Julian made it in but how? I can’t find any SLA recruitment groups or really hear anything on the street or news. How are they so closed off that we can’t find them…’

Agent Omega-01 found Jennifer Ward pretty easily, which he suspected was party on purpose since her meeting with Agent Omega-328 a few days ago. He decided not to get Omega-328 in trouble since her loyalties would never be in question with all of her sacrifices for AGC and knew Jennifer Ward was not anyone to reckon with when it came to people she considered family. He went inside the S. Caven Bread to get coffee and a little snack to play along with Jennifer Ward since she was playing the part of a busy business woman.

He carefully approached the tabled but realized she was so deep in thought and knew she would be safe at the restaurant that she didn’t notice him. He quietly sat down across from her and she did notice him but gave an annoyed look. ‘So she just thinks I’m some human bothering her,’ clearing his throat to get her attention. “You know Ms. Ward, I don’t usually help your type or fully reveal myself but I think we can come to a mutual agreement that the next several days never happened.”

Jennifer was annoyed when the man sat down but after he spoke she looked up and slowly closed her computer. “Well, if it isn’t Omega-01 himself. I hope I didn’t get Jane into too much trouble.”

He left out a little laugh, “You don’t have to worry about Omega-328, I know where her loyalties are and how you feel about her. But I am not here to have a discussion about any of my agents. I think I am here about one of yours but funny thing is, you didn’t tell Omega-328 who it was and she is going to find out.”

Sighing she took a sip of her coffee, “Oh don’t act so noble, you and your people don’t share information nor are your practices with collecting information very ethical. But you are right, we aren’t here to talk about the AGC. What are your terms?”

“My terms are simple. Like I said the next several days we will work together but unofficially. You can’t disclose we actually worked together and I will provide the false information to cover your report. Do we have a deal?” He extended his hand out to shake on it and she took it.

“We have a deal. So why all of a sudden are you helping me so quickly? I get the feeling you have known all along?” she asked knowing he just doesn’t show up so easily.

“What don’t we know?” He asked with a shrug, “believe it or not, we have shared interest sometimes with East Malaysia. The SLA has been a thorn in East Malaysia’s side and lately we haven’t been able to track them like we would prefer, which in return caught our eye. We find the missing agent, maybe we can find the SLA.”

Nodding in agreement, “yes, I was thinking the same. His last report to EMIA said he was able to gain access to the SLA and would report back in 2-7 days, which he never did and we didn’t get his location… so that indicates they knew before he gained access that he was a spy; they needed him for a reason but why?” She partly asked Agent Omega-01.

“That is why I am here. I have a lead and I wish you to come with me because you can go through official channels. It will take several days travel north,” he said.

“You know I can get a shuttle and we can go faster.” She said, wondering why he didn’t think of that.

“I thought of that but you see, we are being watched by the SLA, even as we speak. They don’t trust your cover nor mine as business people. We will have to travel the human way or they’ll shoot down the shuttle as we are taking off.” He said as he finished his coffee

Jennifer realized he was right after she discreetly looked around. Yep they were being watched by about 3 people, so she smiled at Agent Omega-01 then stood up to gather her things as he did the same. She purposely walked by two of the people who were acting like a couple and spoke so they would hear her, “you are so right, we should look at the potential site to make sure it qualifies for our companies partnership right away. The site is a little remote but if we leave now we can get back before the meeting.”

Agent Omega-01 knew what she was doing and played along until they were around the block to the car and leaving the city before they stopped acting. “We will have to take the Emis-29 to SC-1900 then QRZ-7. I think we will find him in zone 7 but it’s going to be a long drive like I said.”

Jennifer was a little confused and gave him a questioning look as he drove. “So… we have to go to the QZ? Those agents don’t like me that much, least I can pull rank with no questions asked,” she sighed, “I get the feeling this is going to end very bad for Julian… I hope you have weapons.”

“Oh trust me, I do have weapons for when we are on foot but we’ll be only operating during the day. So we have less chances of running into anything hungry.” He said and they both laughed.

Both of them knew for the next several days they would have to deal with each other but it would have to be done. They find the agent, they find the answers both of them are looking for.

[hr]

The Harbingers Hive
Quarantined Zone 7

Mother, we are hungry, her children stated.

You will eat soon, my children, she replied.

Where are the others? the children asked.

They have been exterminated here, she replied.

Are we alone now? The children asked.

No my children; our kind still lives elsewhere. She explained.

Mother, we are hungry, the children stated.

Can we leave this place? The children wanted to know.

We will try but it is hard for we are forever hungry for Malay because of the virus. She explained, trying to control her own hinger.

We should conquer! The children roared.

We tired and failed! She roared back.

The Malay should die. The children said coldly.

Should we die? she asked whole heartedly

No mother, we should not. The children said worried.

They are of us as we are of them. She explained trying to sooth the restlessness.

Mother, we are hungry. the children stated.

Can you tell us a story while we sleep? The children asked.

Yes. What would you like to hear? She asked.

Aza…feas…mala…us…them…you…hive…hungry…story…sleep…The Beginning… the children replied without the unity of the hive but one made it to clarity.

It was rare to have a broken answer but they were still young. The Beginning it is. Long ago, millions of years ago there were three races that came from a world that had no rotation. One side always in light, one in twilight and one in darkness. The three races were from the same evolutionary tree. We are the first, the Lux are the second and the Malay are the third. In the beginning, billions of years again the Universe created life. We are one of the first in our galaxy to become aware of our existence. Over time we spread across the Galaxy and became our own species or evolved past out unsightly appearance. We are known by many names but our hive is from the original world; we are from the first…sleep my children, I will tell you more later. She stated when she could feel their anxiousness become almost void.

Yes mother… sleep… yes… the children replied as they all went quiet.

[hr]
They have no relation to The Pax Hive.

Leto’s Citadel
The Sareer

God-Emperor Leto Atreides II, Emperor of the The Fourth Imperium, sensed Nwi Noree, the Ixian ambassador to the Citadel and his fiancée, while she was still out on the Sareer, the last desert in The Fourth Imperium. He knew the day and the hour she would arrive at his fortress, the Citadel, before the Ixians, one of few remaining Great Houses of the Landsraad, or even Nwi herself did. When she arrived on time, he did not feel the satisfaction that any one of his subjects may have felt, if they ever found themselves in his position, but he felt the deep disappointment that derived from his prescient powers and always knowing what was to come.

“Hello, Noree,” he said without even turning to look at her.

“Hello, My Lord,” she replied with a deep bow. She didn’t even sigh with resentment at his overly formal treatment of her, despite their betrothal, as she once would have. As she arose from her bow, she already saw his hand extended towards her, his head and eyes still turned away. He didn’t even have to ask her to give him the invitation the Landsraad received back in the Festival City of Onn. She simply placed it in his hand, and he brought it into his field of view, again, without changing the direction of his gaze.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

After simply seeing the header of the invitation, he didn’t even need to read the contents for he already foresaw what they contained. He didn’t bother to hand the invitation back to Hwi, merely spoke his commandments with an authority befitting the God-Emperor.

“Send Moneo and Idaho with an ample supply of Melange for trade and their diet. I would be angry if Duncan died due to withdrawals and my fish speakers had to recover the body to produce a ghola in the axlotl tanks. They will know what I want in return.”

With those parting words, Leto dismissed Hwi without a single word or gesture. The dismissal simply became an aspect of his demeanor, and she knew with every fiber of her being that there was nothing she could do or say to gain even an iota of his attention without arousing his anger. With that, she turned to leave, and Moneo Atreides, appearing seemingly out of nowhere, was in tow. When they were out of earshot of Leto, they spoke, both of them knowing full well that the God-Emperor would know ever word that was to be exchanged between them before the thoughts even crossed their mind.

“Why, hello, Ambassador Noree,” Moneo said excitedly.

“Hi, Moneo. How many times do I have to tell you to call me Hwi? I don’t call you by your title whenever we speak,” she replied.

“Well, Ambassador, I’m merely the majordomo, but you’re going to be Empress!”

At that, Hwi stopped in her tracks and turn to face Moneo. Her eyes bored into him like a lasgun, and she spoke with air suited to the Empress she would become. “Humor me.”

Just then, Duncan Idaho approached the pair, straight from a training session, no doubt, and said to Hwi, “Must I remind you that I’m in the service of House Atreides, and, as such, I’m duty and honor bound to defend Majordomo Atreides, if it comes to that…” He brandished his pulse sword playfully, but Hwi couldn’t tell if he did and said all of this with a wink and a nod or if she was just imagining it, but she knew without ever looking at his lips that he had that perpetual grin on his face. Whenever you thought the grin might fade, it only widened. Regardless, she hardly found herself unable to look away from him when he spoke. He had black, curly hair to complement his dark complexion, but the real show stopper was his heterochromia, different colored eyes, one green and one blue.

Hwi suspected she might have been staring at Duncan silently for an awkwardly long period of time when she heard Moneo’s voice break the silence. “I’d better go make sure the Shadout loads the spice onto the ornithopter before Master Idaho and I take our leave, Ambassad…Er, Hwi.”

“I’m leaving,” Duncan asked incredulously as Moneo scurried away. Hwi went to hand Duncan the invitation before realizing it was still with Leto. Still slightly flustered, she scrambled for words. “Um, yes, you and Moneo are to attend a conference hosted by East Malaysia, and you’ll be supplied with enough of the spice Melange to…negotiate and use as a dietary suppliment, of course. You’re to return with as many deciliters of water as the 'Thopter will carry and fair trade agreement for more.”

With Leto’s prescient visions, he often assumed that his subject would know what he wanted when he said things like, “They’ll know what I want in return,” because he always knew what they wanted, not that he gave it to them, but, luckily, some select few, like Hwi, actually did.

“With that much cargo, we’ll have to take an unshielded 'Thopter, and, even then, we’ll have to stop in Coocoostan to refuel. It’ll give me time to send an RSVP. I’d take a Carryall if I didn’t think it’d be be like flying a cargo plane among a fleet of private jets,” Duncan conjectured.

“You know Moneo is quite the little planner,” Hwi reminded him. “He’s probably already waiting for you in an unshielded 'Thopter loaded down with cargo. Shaitan below! He’s probably even stashed some maula pistols in the smuggler’s hold!”

“You’re probably right. Majordomo Atreides is a very able administrator so I’d better be going.” It was usually Duncan that longed for Hwi to return when she left the Citadel for Onn, but, this time, it was her turn to yearn for his return to The Fourth Imperium from East Malaysia.

Aboard The Ornithopter…

“The preflight checklist is already complete, Master Idaho,” Moneo informed Duncan as he came aboard.

“Thank you, Majordomo. I’ll take the controls from here.” Duncan got behind the controls of the 'Thopter and waited for the Shadout and the rest of the household staff to vacate the landing pad before gaining altitude. Piloting a 'Thopter away from the Citadel added an extra layer of difficulty to piloting one away from any other location in The Fourth Imperium. The vibrations from the vehicle infuriated the God-Emperor, and the pad was already shaking by the time the 'Thopter cleared it, which didn’t leave much time for a pilot to idle on the pad. By the time Duncan and Moneo were flying over the Citadel’s high walls, they were positively quaking.

Moneo could see Hwi’s airvan gliding across the Sareer as Duncan had them streaking by in the 'Thopter, and they were over the Forbidden Forest that flanked the Sareer before they knew it. D Wolves, genetically engineered hunters and the guardians of the Sareer, were visible from the air, and Duncan even considered giving the stick to Moneo and manning a lasgun to clear a path for Hwi. However, you never know when you would the D Wolf you hit is going to be the one that kills a rebel intending to assassinate God-Emperor. Any number of the subjects that crossed the bridge that acted as the main route of egress between Onn and the Forbidden Forest could be rebels, and Duncan, as the God-Emperor’s right hand man, always had to be vigilant. Although it was easy to keep your eyes open when flying over the festival city, Onn.

Railtaxis darted along the streets, and Duncan had to weave in, out and around zeppelins as they lumbered across the sky. Ancient architectural wonders dotted the city, like the old Landsraad building that was filled by august body before so many Houses Major and Minor were disbanded by God-Emperor Leto. Now the building held the Imperial Court, as well. Duncan even pointed out the Ginaz School, his alma mater, to Moneo as they flew by. Unfortunately, the once bustling marketplaces that were renowned throughout The Fourth Imperium for selling both water and spice were suffering severe supply side shortages, which only heightened the demand…And the price.

On the outskirts of the city was the remains of the mountain that acted as a wall to shield The Fourth Imperium from invasion back in the days when Onn was known as Arakeen and the Citadel was nothing but blueprints on an imperial architect’s drawing board, blueprints that would require so many raw materials and natural resources that the blasting, hollowing, and stripping of the mountain practically left it a mole hill.

“Exiting The Fourth Imperium’s airspace,” Duncan announced as the 'Thopter cleared the mountain range.

“Huh?” Moneo roused in the co-pilot seat next to Duncan.

“I said we’re exiting the Imperium’s airspace.”

“Ah. Wake me when we get to Smigsachenweiz. My daughter, Siona, is stationed just north of the border there,” Moneo mumbled before drifting back to sleep.

Duncan settled in for the long and apparently lonely flight from The Fourth Imperium to Coocoostan. He flew over the unclaimed territories that separated the Imperium from its southern neighbors, but, when he reached Smigsachenweiz, he looked over at Moneo sleeping soundly. He didn’t have the heart to wake him so he just radioed in his flight path and continued on. Shortly before the Coocoostan border, Moneo finally awoke.

“Have we made it to Smigsachenweiz yet,” he asked groggily.

Duncun widened his grin and answered, “Made it? You almost missed it!”

It was then that Duncan requested clearance to land in Coocoobad, Coocoostan’s capital city, and, after receiving clearance, they made their final approach and touched down.

East Malaysia Intelligence Agency Headquarters
Cubical 401 - Field Operations Division

Agent Pink was frustrated setting at her desk reading her email, she was still suspended from the Packilvania Task Force after an AGC agent basically used her security codes to access the database. They wanted her to join them but she declined, she doubted they would stop but she was a whole heartedly for the Empire. Luckily she was cleared of any wrong doing but they wouldn’t put her back on active duty with the Task Force. Didn’t really make sense to her because she was one of the best agents and field work was getting boring for her but that was actually about to change after she opened an email that just came in. She had to read the message a few times to make sure it was saying what she thought it was. She applied for the position of YYY Director a couple of weeks ago and she got a response.

— Begin quote from ____

Department of Intelligence, Embassy Security Agency

Agent Pink,

We have processed your application for Director of the Embassy Security Agency and have come to the conclusion after reviewing multiple applications, that you are the best candidate for the position. You have the needed experience needed within the intelligence community after serving multiple positions with the Eastrovia Security Commission, East Malaysia Intelligence Agency, served in a Task Force and as a field agent.

For the next few weeks, you will serve as Interim Director of the Embassy Security Agency until you have learned all the duties, responsibilities and have had time to find people for your staff. After the next few weeks, if you have proven yourself, you will become the permanent director.

You do have the choice to continue using your code name, revert back to your real name or pick up a new identity if you choose to do so. You will have to fill out the correct forms, which I have attached to this message. Your current email address will be retired at your acceptance of this position; old messages will be transferred and new one will forwarded. The new email address will be yyy-director@doi.gov.em and will work with your same credentials as your old one.

I look forward to your response and to work with you,

Jane Jones
Director of Intelligence

— End quote

‘Interim Director of the Embassy Security Agency for the next few weeks then the fully after that…wow,’ was what she thought as she quickly opened the other attachments and filled them out. One was for the acceptance and the other was for the name change. She wouldn’t go back to her old name, nor would she drop her code name fully. “Angela Pink,” she said out loud to herself. ‘Sounds good to me,’ she thought as she hit send.

Down the street on Embassy Row…

Brendon Briggs was walking down the street of Embassy Row. It was quite a lively place since it had embassies, consulates, restaurants and shops on both sides of the street and even kiosk in the middle of the street. The street itself was closed to vehicle traffic since behind the buildings they had streets and parking lots. He tried to do every day when possible to get atmosphere of various ambassadors, plus it was good PR to show that East Malaysia did care about nations of lesser technological levels.

He had been checking his government PADDphone while he was taking the 1-2 hours to walk the full extent of Embassy Row and seen a few of the diplomatic conference members were showing up several days early, which he was glad so they are not rushing into the conference last moment. It would also give them time to explore Embassy Row and recover from any travel lag.

Checking his watch, he realized he better head back to his office before he missed a meeting with the Director of Intelligence to go over the new Director of the Embassy Security Agency. He looked forward with getting the brief since meetings with the Director of Intel was every other quarter of the year.

Tibor Majoros, the Lazlowian ambassador to East Malaysia, was sitting in his office, reading the message he recieved from Lazlowgrad.

— Begin quote from ____

To Tibor Majoros, Ambassador to East Malaysia

Comrade Majoros,

I hereby inform you, that the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Politburo of the Communist Party of Lazlowia has revieved the report you have sent us, dated 05/V/14 {File number: KM052134}, and has presented its proposal to the Politburo, which has voted on the matter and accepted it {for details see report PB08051466). As such, I have been instructed to tell you to proceed as you have outlined in your report. Needless to say, you must also make a report to the resident director of the Counterintelligence Bureau. We await your further reports.

Sincerily,
Comrade Adolf Lapos, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Politburo of the Communist Party of Lazlowia

— End quote

Said report, which Majoros sent a week before, was about the invitation the East Malaysians sent, and wether or not Lazlowia should accept it. Majoros wrote in detail about the relationship between the two countries.

“To be frank, there isn’t really much relationship to talk about.” - he reflected, as his gaze wandered of into the distance. - “Sure, we tried to join EPTO a couple of years back, in 2010 to be exact, but nothing ever came of it, and the organization has since become defunct. And then, later that year, East Malaysia took part in the invasion of Rygard, and that quickly soured our relations. So much in fact, that it was only recently, that our embassy was opened up again.”

His eyes instinctively turned towards to wall to his left. At the time the embassy closed down, the portrait of Lazlow, President of Lazlowia, Grand Marshal, “The Father of Nations”, hung there. Now, a landscape painting was in its place.

“How things change. Out goes Lazlow and the cult of personality, in comes Preusz and his circle, with their more pragmatic approach. Only us, the humble cogs of the machinery remain.”

He pushed a button on the intercom.

“-Comrade Hegedüs, will you please come in!”

Said comrade Hegedüs was a girl in her late twenties, who worked as a secretary for Majoros.

“-Comrade,” - he said to her, as she came into his office - “I want you to send a message to the East Malaysian Foreign Ministry, telling them, the we accept their invitation, and that I will represent Lazlowia on the conference. Got that?”

“-Yes, sir.”

With that, she went out, and he returned to his thoughts.

Coocoobad
Coocoostan

Duncan powered the 'Thopter down, and, as soon as he did, Coocoobad staff approached the aircraft to refuel. One of the staffers walked towards the cockpit of the 'Thopter and both Moneo and Duncan knew what he wanted. “Moneo,” Duncan said, “pay the man.” Moneo was already reaching into the cargo hold of the 'Thopter that contained the veritable spice horde compared to anything found on the streets of The Fourth Imperium these days, but they brought it along for this very reason. Moneo opened a cargo container and dipped a finger in, bringing a small amount out on a fingernail grown for just such a reason, and he sampled the wares.

He immediate felt the effects of the spice awaken his senses, and he knew the staff would be very pleased with their payment. He measured out enough to pay the staff for their services before sampling their payment just to make sure it would be to their liking. He moved back into the cockpit and handed the staffer the spice, and he looked very pleased, indeed. He was breaking into the bag before the rest of the staff even got a chance to see their haul. “How’s the refuel going,” Moneo asked.

“Just fine,” Duncan answered, “but I have to write this RSVP before we just show up on East Malaysia’s doorstep.”

— Begin quote from ____

Director Briggs,

Thank you for the invitation. Swordmaster Duncan Idaho and Majordomo Moneo Atreides will be attending. Majordomo Atreides will provide your chef with a dietary additive that must be added to their meal. Thank you again.

Signed,

Duncan Idaho
Swordmaster and Commander, Fish Speakers

— End quote

By the time Duncan was done sending the RSVP, the staff was done refueling the 'Thopter. “All right, Moneo, strap yourself in,” he said. Duncan filed a flight path with Coocoostand and Smigsachenweiz and lifted off. After flying over Smigsachenweiz’s southern port city, the 'Thopter was over open water, and they would be in East Malaysian airspace very soon.

East Malaysian Embassy
Volkgoroda, Laiatan

Frederick Mason was scouting out the area of the embassy. He actually liked the design of the complex – it was a bit out of place compared to the other buildings – even if it was like most other East Malaysian embassies from the studies he and his counterparts had done before they left the country. He guessed it made sense to have them virtually the same for uniformity purposes.

His target embassy as a little different. It was a three part complex, which was unique since they typically only have two parts. It had a small hotel on the left, embassy in the center and CapCoal Bank on the right. The bank was what made the complex different and he could tell it was a new addition since the bank was expanding with the backing of the government. He thought of all the East Malaysians that stayed at the hotel, used the bank or even for the non-East Malaysians that used the bank and worried for their safety. But from intelligence leaked to the SLA, they were very certain that only the embassy would be effected and no one should be hurt in the hotel, bank or on the street. He hoped that was true because they were sending a message not trying to kill a lot of people.

He was taking a lot of pictures and stopped for a moment realizing he was a little nervous since the area was the government district but he knew if he just acted like a tourist and continued taking pictures of the area as calmly as possible it would be fine. He almost had the guards and YYY agents shifts figured out and this was his last day to observe the area of the embassy. He only needed to get within the property boundaries without being stopped by anyone and he hoped the rest would be history. He sighed a little taking another look at the complex before he headed to do some sightseeing before he would head back to his own hotel. He figured he would enjoy his only chance outside of the country as much as he could for the next few days.

[hr]
Need petro? Cars? Money? Food? Scared of the Pax? Anything not too advanced, technology wise? Then your leaders/nations need to send someone.

From a movie, I say: “Don’t be frightened.”

“I am not frightened.” Is how you respond.

:slight_smile:

Embassy Row
Eastrovia

Duncan and Moneo’s first order of business after landing in Eastrovia was to locate the Diplomatic Imperial Offices. After doing so, they found themselves on Embassy Row with several days until the conference and no food in their stomachs. This didn’t bother Duncan, a Ginaz Tenth Level, but Moneo did not have the benefit of Duncan’s discipline and training.

“When do we eat,” he asked suddenly.

“I think I see a restaurant down the street, but we don’t even know if they’ll accept the Melange as currency here,” Duncan replied.

“Well, there’s only one way to find out,” Moneo said matter of factly, and, since Duncan couldn’t argue with such a statement, he turned and followed him down the street towards the restaurant. Duncan found himself somewhat comfortable on the streets of East Malaysia. Like The Fourth Imperium, pedestrians crowded the streets around him, but, unlike the the Imperium there were no airvans or railcars whizzing by on either side of him. They reached the restaurant, and there was a shorter wait than they expected considering the upcoming conference. However, Duncan used the time to his advantage and looked for an alternate exit to the eatery, if need be.

He made sure that the hostess seated them at a table against the wall, and he sat in a seat facing the door. The waitress came to their table and took their drink order. A beer for Moneo and coffee for Duncan, who felt uncomfortable drinking alcohol in an unfamiliar environment. When she returned with their drinks, she also had a glass of ice water for each other them. The pair was shocked.

“There must be some kind of mistake,” Moneo told her.

“What do you mean, sir,” she asked.

“What do you mean what do I mean? The water! We didn’t order this! The drinks are going to cost more than our meals!”

The waitress looked at the duo confused. “Sir, the water is complimentary,” she said, still confused.

“Complimentary,” Moneo repeated the word, which sounded almost foreign in his mouth, considering the circumstances.

“Free,” she tried reachingly.

“Yes, yes, I know what complimentary means,” Moneo injected slightly agitated. “Very well then,” he concluded, not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth. The waitress turned around and walked away befuddled and in a daze.

“There has to be almost five deciliters a piece in these glasses,” Duncan exclaimed.

“I know, but keep your voice down in case she really did make some sort of mistake and someone overhears you,” Moneo responded while he sprinkled spice into Duncan’s coffee and his beer. He grabbed his glass and began to raise it to his lips before Duncan grabbed his arm stopping him.

“Moneo,” Duncan scolded, “look up!” Duncan pointed toward the ceiling and Moneo’s eyes followed, but neither of them saw fixed to the ceiling what you saw in any public room in The Fourth Imperium where people took their meals, a poison snooper. In the Imperium, if the snooper wasn’t emitting an alarm your food and drink we safe to consume.

“Luckily, I came prepared,” Duncan smugly bragged. He reached into his pocket, and he pulled out a portable snooper, a small hand held box with a hose on the end. This particular snooper was of Ixian manufacture. Not only were the Ixian devices preferred to the Richesian knockoffs because they were more sensitive, but they were smaller and less cumbersome, too. He passed the hose, which had a sensor on the end, over the drinks, and no alarm sounded.

“Well, you can never be too careful of chaumurky,” Moneo said, referring to poison in drink, as he took a swig of his spiced beer.

“No, certainly not,” Duncan agreed. Shortly there after, the waiter, a different one than before, came and took their food orders. After placing their orders, they received their food quickly, and they went through the same ritual as before. Moneo sprinkled spice on the food and Duncan used the snooper to check for chaumas, poison in food. After they ate, the bill came.

The price was measured in a unit neither of them recognized, but Moneo measured out an amount of spice he thought appropriate for the food and drink they ordered, excluding the water, of course. When the waiter returned for the check, the spice was piled on top, and the waiter look back and forth at the two men seated before him. “I’m sorry,” he commented, not knowing what else to say.

“Is this an appropriate amount,” Moneo asked the waiter.

“I don’t know if appropriate is the word I would use,” the waiter mumbled. “We don’t accept…that here,” unsure of what to call the substance placed before him.

“Well, in that case, I over paid.” Moneo took a pinch of the spice and rubbed it against his gums. “You can keep the rest and send the bill to Room 500 of the Diplomatic Imperial Offices here on Embassy Row.” With that, the two stood up and walked out of the restaurant, leaving a flabbergasted waiter in their dust. Back on the street, Moneo started to yawn.

“When do we sleep,” he asked abruptly.

“Sleep,” Duncan questioned him. “East Malaysia is almost directly due south of The Fourth Imperium. You shouldn’t be tired at this hour.”

“Well, a halfway decent meal on someone else’s dime can do wonders for your rhythms,” he retorted.

“It’s not exactly like we can go shopping at one of these kiosks,” Duncan admitted, and the two headed towards their consulate to rest up.

Embassy Row
Eastrovia

As a YYY Police Officer, Ryan Knowles, got a lot of stupid calls but the latest one was kind of serious. The restaurant had called because a couple of guests had left without paying for their meal and it only took him a moment to reach the restaurant since it was in his section. Once he was there, got the information and pulled their files, he realized the restaurant was at fault. ‘I can’t believe this restaurant didn’t train their staff to recognize when they get guest they have a relation to the government or foreign governments and should have called someone at the offices,’ he thought as he paid for the meal and ran off catch up with the representatives from The Fourth Imperium. He started for their consulate, since he figured they would have made it there by now, but he caught up with them on the street, they had stopped at one of the kiosk, that was a selling food and drinks. He wasn’t surprised that they were inspecting various different brands of bottled water after reading the brief.

“Mr. Idaho! Mr. Atreides!” he almost shouted and they turned around. Mr. Idaho looked like he was ready to attack and Mr. Atreides had a very inquisitive look. “I’m so glad I caught you. I’m Officer Ryan Knowles of Embassy Security” as he pulled a couple of CapCoal Bank cards from his shirt pocket, “I have to apologize for the restaurant misunderstanding the currency, they should have known better. I just wanted to give you these to make sure you enjoy your stay,” he passed the cards to them, “these are CapCoal Bank cards, which have $300 of local currency each on them for your trouble. Enjoy your stay.” He quickly turned away and left them looking at each other for a moment before they turned and started grabbing one of every brand of bottled water.

[hr]

Quarantined Zone 7
Southcaven near the border wall

“I hate driving these contraptions,” Jennifer said speaking to Agent Omega-01 about the car as they neared the gate into the zone. “We are not meant for land travel, our hearts always beat for the sky or space, which is ironic.”

Arching an eyebrow, “ironic?” He asked.

“Yes. Higher you go up, the colder it gets.” She said as she brought the car to a stop at the gate and several armed officers approached and she hit the button to roll the window down.

It said Department of Alien Research on their uniforms she read, ‘I hate these people,’ she thought as he spoke but she noticed something else that wasn’t very obvious but she seen a little dried blood on the uniform. She immediately prepare herself mentally, if she needed to take them on.

“We don’t get many cars here. I will need to see your orders and ID for you and your passenger,” the guard said looking into the car at her and Agent Omega-01. ‘Not good. Not good at all,’ he thought.

Jennifer simply passed him a security clearance badge and smiled. “That should do for both of us,” she said, looking over at Agent Omega-01 and arched an eyebrow.

The officer gave her a smug look as she scanned the badge with his scanner and waited a moment for the information to come back. He went a little pale and handed back the badge. ‘Full access, no questions asked. I guess she’s someone important. Damn. Really not good now,’ he thought then spoke. “If you need anything just let us know. Follow the road to the building. You can park the car there and get whatever supplies you need.”

“Thank you very much. We might not need to, just a quick trip for some research,” she said as she rolled the window up and started driving and could see in the rear view mirror he was radioing in but before she could speak about her observations, Agent Omega-01 spoke up.

“They were not agents from DOAR, something is really wrong here,” he said looking around at the surveillance system.

“Agreed. He had a little dried blood on him. I almost didn’t see it. We have supplies, I say we avoid them at all cost but we can’t get a message out right now. They’ll try to kill us, they will fail but I’m glad I brought my weapons. So until we get what we need, we should follow ghost protocols.”

“I agree. Without the use of the facilities here the search will take a few days more than I would like. Since we have established that the officers have been replaced by the SLA, I think I know why we couldn’t find them,” he said and pulled out a scanner.

“QZ7 is the only QZ in the territories, so it would make sense. So much interference here we can never get a good reading. They are really cunning to be so close to possible Harbingers; not to mention they killed DOAR agents, shocked they were not discovered by now,” she said as she seen the facility ahead but turned on another road that was dirt.

They were being closely watched until they turned off the paved road after the gate officer reported their entrance into the quarantined zone by the security systems that had been linked to the SLA headquarters. Christopher Lansing watched intensely as they went out of range and looked at the ID that was given. No name, no rank or position. He wanted to have them killed but he knew that would draw a lot of attention with someone that high up. He also risked them stumbling on his operation before his plans came to full fruition. He decided if they got to close they would attack them and push them to the hive. They wouldn’t have a chance getting out of that alive and it wouldn’t look unusual. He called up his best soldiers to prepare, plan an ambush and make sure their escape route would take them into the hive.

[hr]

The Fourth Imperium Consulate
Embassy Row

Duncan and Moneo were in their room at the Imperium’s consulate guzzling bottle after bottle of water when Duncan received a private transmission for Hwi. While he would like to think that he would not be, Duncan was already getting homesick, and Moneo missed his daughter, Siona, terribly. They responded to Noree’s transmission together.

“Hello, you two,” she began.

“Hello to you, too,” Duncan continued. “It’s a pleasure to see your face.”

“And hear your voice,” Moneo exclaimed from behind Duncan, the screen she was being displayed on largely obscured.

“Likewise, for both of you” she replied.

Duncan responded, “And to what do we owe this pleasure.”

“Well, Malky has informed me that the plan to use East Tano as a source of water has failed, which makes this conference more important than ever. Has the conference begun yet,” Hwi asked.

“No, not yet,” Duncan answered, “but it should begin any day now.”

“Well, in that case, I’ll inform the God-Emperor.”

“What a formal way to address your fiancée,” Duncan remarked.

“He wouldn’t have it any other way, and you know that,” she said.

“That’s the way it should be,” Moneo interjected, but Noree mostly ignored his comment and change the subject.

“Oh, and Moneo?”

“Yes, Ambassador Noree?”

Hwi choose to ignore the way he addressed when she proceeded. “God-Emperor Leto has withdrawn the LP/OP from Rykkovaa so Siona should be waiting in Onn for you when you return.”

“Oh, goody!” Moneo was absolutely delighted.

“Well, that’s all I have for now,” she concluded. “Best of luck to both of you at the conference.”

“Thank you,” Duncan and Moneo said simultaneously. Hwi smiled and signed off, and Duncan and Moneo looked at each other. They kept on speaking in unison.

“Jinx! You owe me a Dasani!”

The two cracked open another bottle of water.