Announcements of the Provost

This thread contains the official announcements of the office of the Provost of the Magisterium.

Current Provost : Acronis

Deputy Provosts : ArenaC, Art (Sokala), Oracle, SirShadow

Edited October 4th, 2020

October 21st, 2019 Announcement :

Libertanny is hereby named as Deputy Provost, in accordance with Section 3.4 of the Standing Orders of the Magisterium.

October 21st, 2019 Announcement :

I have made several changes to the Magisteriums forum, in an effort to improve and simplify browsing and interacting with our forum.

Changes :

• the Laws of The East Pacific subforum has been restructured from a loose list of laws and such, to a subforum containing laws and the Concordat, treaties, resolutions, repealed laws and the archives of legislative debates each in their own proper section;
  • creation of the Office of the Provost subforum, containing a general thread for announcements, a new application thread, legislative templates, and the records of votes and Magisters;
  • these changes make the Magisterium’s forum and the topics listed in the main Magisterium forum less cluttered. Upon entering the Magisterium, you see the subfora, the Standing Orders, and the list of topics;
  • all topics in the main forum have been marked as either [BILLS], [CONCORDAT BILLS], [NOMINATIONS], [MOTIONS] and [DEBATES]; all current Bills and important Motions will always be pinned.

Next up are updating and restoring our records, and fine-tuning our the Laws of the East Pacific subforum.

In order to keep track of debates, bills and other events happening within Magisterium, we have created an Activity Sheet. You are able to see activity of thread, get its link / get vote link, see time frame for votes etc. You can find the sheet here.

October 21st Announcement :

Per Section 8.4 of the Standing Orders :

...8.4- A Magister shall be suspended upon notice by the Provost or Compliance Officer if their resident TEP nation is not a WA member, which:
.......8.4.1- Invalidates any vote cast by the suspended Magister during the suspension;
.......8.4.2- Shall result in the automatic removal of the Magister if WA membership of their TEP resident nation is not restored within 72 hours of notice;

Magisters Davelands and Funkadelia have been suspended immediately. Unless their TEP resident nations are restored within 72 hours of this notice, their membership will be automatically revoked.

October 30th Announcement :

Angel of Charity, Ramaeus, Tetrid and Atlae have been admitted to the Magisterium. Congratulations to the new Magisters.

Davelands and Funkadelia have not restored WA within 72 hours of the October 22nd announcement of suspension. Therefore, their membership has been revoked as of October 25th, 2019.

Pakitsk has been appointed as Arbiter for a 6-month term.

Ramaeus, East Malaysia and McStooley have been appointed as Viziers for a life term.

The records of Magisters and the Magisteriums’ voting records have been updated.

November 4th announcement :

The Treaty of Aarhus was ratified by the Magisterium.

Sakana has been confirmed as Overseeing Officer.

Hobbes has been confirmed as Vizier.

Tim was removed as Magister, for high crimes.

November 6th Announcement :

As a matter of policy, threads on debates, bills, motions and such that have ended, will be locked. New or renewed proposals should go in new threads.

The Deputy-Provost is empowered to take all necessary actions in my in stead as Provost when I am not available.

January 23th announcement :

The following Magisters are considered suspended immediately, for being absent for more than two weeks and/or not voting it at least two successive votes, or being on LOA (8.2 of the SOM), until such conditions change :

Libertanny
Algerstonian Leader
Danelaw Scandinavia
Encurage
Angel of Charity

Magister Meddacah is removed from the Magisterium for having supplied falsified information on his PDF (1). Apparently this nation is also known as Slatos, a non-disclosed identity previously banned from TEP as resident (2).

Under 8.3.1 SOM, the Magister is automatically removed in such circumstances.

…8.3. A Magister will be removed automatically, which shall be published by the Provost, if:
…8.3.1. the Magister is found to have supplied falsified information in their Magister’s Pledge or Public Official Disclosure Form

AC5230 is hereby appointed as Deputy Provost.

Rage Mage is hereby appointed as my second Deputy Provost. Libertanny is no longer Deputy Provost. I thank him for his efforts for TEP’s Magisterium.

Laws & resolutions have been updated.

I AM YOUR NEW MASTER. COWER BEFORE MY TERRIBLE PRESENCE.

At some point Rage Mage resigned and was replaced with Gorundu. The current Deputy Provosts are ArenaC and Gorundu. I am not changing this.

As of October 3rd, 2020, I have assumed the office of Provost.

On the same day, AC was appointed Deputy Provost.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As of October 4th, 2020, at 5:27 PM UTC, the following Magisters have been named Deputy Provost:

Art (Sokala)
Oracle
SirShadow

As of October 17th, 2020 (20:38 UTC), Magister ESA (Earth Systems Alliance) is placed on suspension, due to missing two votes initiated more than seven days apart from each other, per SOM 8.2.2.

As of October 25th, 2020 at 16:11 UTC, Magister Rage Mage was suspended, due to lack of participation in the most recent Roll Call. (This was announced in the Magisterium channel on the regional Discord and recorded on the List of Magisters but is being stated here for the sake of transparency and consistency.)

Furthermore, I have received a resignation from Magister Earth Systems Alliance (ESA), effective October 27th, 2020 at 19:23 UTC. I thank ESA for their service to the Magisterium and to the region as a whole.

Provost Acronis has resigned from the Magisterium as of 1809 hours UTC.

~ Deputy Provost AC

Update: Entering the 48th Magisterium

As of 10th January 2021, I have assumed the Provostship here.

I hereby announce that AC5230, Sammy23, Brotherlandprez1 and Philville2 are my first Deputy Provosts in accordance with Section 3.4 of the Standing Orders of the Magisterium. Congratulations.

Per Section 8.2 of the Standing Orders of the Magisterium:

…8.2. A Magister may be suspended by the Provost, and removed by a majority vote if:
…8.2.1. the Magister has not logged into the forums for more than two weeks and has not informed the Magisterium of said absence;
…8.2.2- the Magister has not voted or confirmed attendance in at least two successive votes initiated at least seven days apart from each other.
I hereby notify all Magisters that Streaksound (here) and Shavara (here) have been removed from the Magisterium.