Announcements of the Provost

As of 24th January 2021, Magister Oofery and Magister Meagharia are placed on suspension, due to missing two votes initiated more than seven days apart from each other, per SOM 8.2.2.

Magister Vamperiall is removed from the Magisterium for having supplied falsified information in their PDF (here). According to the Viziers, they stated on their PDF that Vamperion is their TEP nation, however their citizenship is with nation Cawperial, and the Viziers were unable to find a post in which they requested a change. They were subsequently revoked of their citizenship (here).

Under 8.3.1 SOM, the Magister is automatically removed in such circumstances:

ā€¦8.3. A Magister will be removed automatically, which shall be published by the Provost, if:
ā€¦8.3.1. the Magister is found to have supplied falsified information in their Magisterā€™s Pledge or Public Official Disclosure Form

Magister the python is removed from the Magisterium after being banned from The East Pacific via Trial by Conclave (here).

Under 8.4.3 SOM, the Magister is automatically removed in such circumstances:

ā€¦8.4. A Magister will be removed automatically, which shall be published by the Provost, if:
ā€¦8.4.1. the Magister is found to have supplied falsified information in their Magisterā€™s Pledge or Public Official Disclosure Form;
ā€¦8.4.2. the Magister is found to have supplied falsified information about their resident or WA nation attached to a vote in accordance with Section 4.2.
ā€¦8.4.3. the Magister has no resident TEP nation.

Per Section 8.2 of the Standing Orders of the Magisterium:

ā€¦8.2. A Magister may be suspended by the Provost, and removed by a majority vote if:
ā€¦8.2.1. the Magister has not logged into the forums for more than two weeks and has not informed the Magisterium of said absence;
ā€¦8.2.2- the Magister has not voted or confirmed attendance in at least two successive votes initiated at least seven days apart from each other.
I hereby notify all Magisters that Oofery (here) and Meagharia (here) have been removed from the Magisterium.

As of 18th March 2021, Magisters McStooley, Gorundu and Algerstonia are placed on suspension, due to missing two votes initiated more than seven days apart from each other, per SOM 8.2.2.

Deputy Provost Philville2 has been appointed as unofficial lead Deputy Provost for the duration of my four day absence, which you can read here. Phil will effectively assume all responsibilities of Provost until the closure of my LOA, whilst AC5230 will conduct the 49th Magisterium Provost Election.

Update: Entering the 49th Magisterium

As of 1st April 2021, I have been re-elected to the Provostship here.

Sammy23 and Brotherlandprez1 will be stepping down as Deputy Provost at the closure of the 48th Magisterium. Thank you for your service.

I hereby announce that Mangegneithe and SirShadow will be appointed as Deputy Provosts in their place, and will be accompanied by the familiar faces we know as AC5230 and Philville2, who have retained their posts since 10th January 2021. Congratulations.

Departure and farewell to our Deputy Provost AC5230

It is with no surprise if you have heard of AC over the many moons he has been here. A competent young gent, sometimes hasty and impulsive in his demeanour but most importantly a pillar of our community and a welcoming face into the Magisterium. As a novice Provost, having no prior experience in the role, at the start of my term in January of 2021 AC was the backbone I needed to survive my first week. He never faltered, he was there when I needed and directed me in many of my initial challenges in the first few days.

It may be a surprise however to learn that AC has served the Magisterium as Deputy Provost for a record and whopping 1 year, 3 months and 12 days, all the way back when Bachtendekuppen was Provost; the longest of any that came before him and a record that will sure stand the testament of time should those that succeed him try and beat it. Serving a whopping five consecutive Provosts over five terms, he has stayed put in his role. AC quite simply grew into the position as if it were his home, and thatā€™s because it was.

Therefore it may come as a sadness to some that AC ends his mighty reign a Deputy Provost today, on the 18th of May, and for that I encourage fellow Magisters to thank him. Thank him for his service, a service he does not wish recognition for but which I as the Provost and likely other Provosts before would point out needs it; and that is why Iā€™m writing this here.

Well done AC, you had a fantastic run.

Per the results of the roll call, I hereby notify all Magisters that AC5230, Kyon Thomas and McStooley have been suspended. They may become unsuspended following their contribution to an ongoing vote.

My Departure

The title of this post may come as a little shock but it is indeed true. I have enjoyed all of the time in my position of Provost since I ran back in December 2020 / January 2021. We are just over halfway through my second term and you may have noticed me taking official Leave of Absence on a few occasions. That is because this time of the year is usually busy for me, as I left my teens, attended a funeral and proposed to my now fiancƩe on our anniversary.

I am eternally grateful for what we have achieved here. When I first became Provost it was a Magisterium hall that was in decline and becoming inactive, and my god in five months what a turnaround. We are not perfect, nothing like the first lockdowns where our Magisterium grew unimaginably; but we are a refined bunch, half old and wise and half new and bright with ideas. If you want to know how active we were going into 2021 with a smaller band in the Magisterium compared to 2020, look no further than here!

I want to extend a special thank yous to all of the Deputy Provosts I have had the pleasure of working with in my tenure. Thank you Sammy for being the technical expert and helping me out with all the more inaccessible jobs. Thank you Brotherland. Thank you SirShadow. Thank you Philville for being a backbone of mine through my entire tenure, I couldnā€™t have done it without you. Thank you Aivintis for doing the same, you have so much potential and I wish you luck should you run for the (to be after this post) vacant Provost position. Thank you Halley, in the final week and a half of my term you have been solid. Last but not least thank you AC, but I wrote you out a whole post so I wonā€™t go into it here xD.

I will continue serving as Magister, though as real life is getting quite busy I will be more or less a background figure. Thank you all for being a great Magisterium and for being patient with me on numerous occasions. Good luck for any and all election candidates.

Ciao for now.

31 May, 2021, Mangegneithe assumed the Office of the Provost. The former Deputy Provosts Halleyscomet08 and Philville2 have been invited to stay on as Deputy Provosts. This post will be edited when they accept or decline.

As for the other vacancies in the Deputy Provost department, I will be filling at least one. More information will be released on discord.

Thank you all for your time. Since you donā€™t get thanked enough for it, thank you for your service as Magisters. And most of all, thank you for electing me to guide the Magisterium in the coming months. I will do my best to live up to your faith in me.

Edit: Both accepted on the same day, at least in my timezone. UTC, they both accepted on 1 June.

50 is a big number, I gotta say.

Iā€™m here to tell you what to expect from this 50th Magisterium under my Provostship (which is a big Yacht with the seal of the Magisterium on the side that I use to run over poor Magisters when theyā€™re at the beach).

• Everything that Iā€™ve been doing, in the way that Iā€™ve been doing it, is staying mostly the same.

• All my Deputies will stay as Deputies.

• I will be fulfilling more of the promises I made to you in my campaigns.

And finally, the main thing:

• Zukkini proposed to me a new way of recording laws in the Laws subforum of the Magisterium that will prevent the original post from being so overcrowded. For his sin of making me do something, he has been sentenced to serve as my Deputy Provost, hence helping me do that thing, and helping my other two Deputies and myself with opening and closing votes, and poking Magisters until they do stuff.

So, with that said, I officially announce and appoint Magister Zukchiva as my third Deputy Provost.

Thatā€™s it for my announcementing, you may now carry on with your fleeting, mortal lives.

For failing to show up to four consecutive votes and for failing to respond to the Roll Call, I invoke 8.1.1 to suspend Bachtendekuppen, Catiania, and Dremaur as Magisters. Remember that voting in any active vote can unsuspend you. If any of you do not end your suspension by voting in the next two votes, I will consider opening a vote to remove you from the Magisterium.

It is also worth noting that a miscommunication on my part in how the Magisterium runs Leaves of Absence has left TechTagā€™s Leave I logged. To prevent any more confusion, I will mark the roll call as if his Leave of Absence started today, so no past votes are slightly off on quorum numbers and ā€œnon voting Magistersā€ numbers.

From now on, however, if a Magister does not clarify their Leave of Absence in the official Magisterium LoA thread, I will not count it.

Hail, my beautiful nerds.

As you know, I have been elected Provost.

So what Iā€™ll say is, thank you all for trusting me with this office yet again. Iā€™ll do my best to maintain records and votes as is the bare minimum of my job. Iā€™ll also look into updating our legislation templates (those are outdated at this point). Besides that, I donā€™t plan to do much else besides recruiting some Magisters if I think there are people who would do well. Mainly because I have other things to focus on as well.

Now, official Provosty-stuff.

ArenaC, Dabeez, and Cappedore are appointed Deputy Provosts. I trust theyā€™ll do well.

On pings: Thereā€™s a lot of Magister pings, and Iā€™m guilty of playing a role in that. Following this, I will be pinging @Magisters only once a week for ALL proposals that need debate. Unless Magisters are seeking a second or introducing a proposal, I ask that Magisters do not ping @Magisters.

One @Magister ping will be sent per vote. I will send individual pings during votes (not to shame people for not voting, but simply to get pings out while not bother Magisters who have already voted).

Other stuff:

• All current debates and votes shall be found in #magisterium pins. All current debates shall be found pinned in the Magi subforum, below announcements.
  • Anyone who is found to chronically not vote will be suspended, per the SOM. If you wish to be unsuspended, just vote and youā€™ll be unsuspended.
  • As I said prior, Iā€™ll update the legislative templates at some point.
  • Only LOAs started or ended in the official LOA thread will be counted. This is to make my life easier.

Otherwise, letā€™s hope for a good Magisterium term!

YSG is also appointed as DP!

Aight, full-on Provost YSG time. Not quite Delegate, but itā€™s progress!
Yes, I am Provost, for those who havenā€™t been paying attention.

Now, as my first thing Iā€™m gonna do, I gotta elect appoint the new Deps. Dabeez is obviously gonna be one, since they got second place, unless they wanna step down. Also, later, Iā€™m gonna open applications for Dep. so Dabeez doesnā€™t have to do it alone. Sammy, if they wish, can remain Dep as well, but following their appointment as EPPS Commissioner itā€™s their choice. UPDATE: Sammy has declined, so thatā€™s them off the list. (Also Iā€™m referring to everyone as they/them so I donā€™t screw up someoneā€™s pronouns). I have a proposal up for the Deputy Provost applications here, so if you guys have anything to say about it, that would be greatly appreciated

NOTICE: Iā€™m back!

• YSG has resigned as Provost.
  • Dabeez and I were appointed Deputy on the same day (I think?), but given I had already served 4 or 5 prior Magisteriums as Deputy I am technically the longest-serving; making me your Acting Provost.
  • Special elections are in the works. (Iā€™m not running.)

Notice
Per the Standing Orders of the Magisterium, I have suspended the following Magisters, effective immediately:

• A mean old man
  • Libertanny
  • TechTag

A vote will soon be held to determine the fate of a long-suspended individual, Dremaur, since 7/31/2021.

A Roll Call is also to be held within 24 hours of today, and I trust that the next Provost will finish that off for me.

Heya nerds.

Thanks for electing me to be your Provost. Though my term will only last until the end of the 52nd Magisterium, Iā€™ll do my best to make sure the Magisterium runs smoothly.

Right now, I will be keeping the current Deputy Provosts. However, I do plan to invite a few more if the workload gets too much for us.

Iā€™m starting work in tabulating the votes that have occurred during this period, so watch out for those.

I suppose thatā€™s it. Iā€™ll inform you all more of when I do my plans. Thanks for your time.