Apply for the Executive Branch of The East Pacific

About The East Pacific Executive Branch and How To Apply:

What is the Executive Staff?

The Executive Staff are Players within The East Pacific that are in one or more departments. Those Departments are doing various important tasks. So they are basically responsible for all that red tape you see. They are vital for a successful management of The East Pacific. The joining of the Executive staff is the prime way to get involved directly with The East Pacific government, to contribute to the Region and to gain experience in government.

What kind of Departments are there?

There are at this moment six executive departments: Integration, Foreign Affairs, Information and Culture, Education, Design, and World Assembly Affairs. You probably can tell what they do by their title alone. A more detailed view can be found a bit more down of this post.

I want to join!

Nice. To be able to apply you need simply to fulfill the following:

• Own a nation in The East Pacific (NationStates | The East Pacific)
    , if you don’t have a nation, create one (NationStates | Create a Nation)

• IDEALLY, that nation of yours should be made into a WA nation (NationStates | The World Assembly
    )

• Be present in the Executive Government Discord: Discord
    Discord

• IDEALLY, be present in the East Pacific Hub Discord: Discord

• You need a TEP forum account in order to post your application post in the first place

• Now copy/paste the application (given below,) fill it out, and post it in this thread:
    (I also strongly encourage to read the departments in details part. So you know what you will be doing.)

• Lastly submit the following application: (Disclaimer: if a particular ministry description has a link to a separate+external application thread, fill out that thread TOO, due to special requirements. SO PLEASE READ THAT DEPARTMENT’S DESCRIPTION IN DEPTH BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR IT.)

Name:
Nation in The East Pacific:
Nation in the World Assembly:
Brief summary of your history on NS: 
How long have you been in TEP:
Discord Username:
Status within Regional Discord: Present or Absent
Status within Executive Discord: Present or Absent
Ministries you are interested in joining:
Reason for joining:
Anticipated duties: 
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:

Do I get a shiny badge?

Only if you deserve it! Contribute often in the Executive Ministries and you just might get shiny badges and be awarded golden ribbons…and diamonds.

Is there another way to contribute? I don’t like being a bureaucrat.

Enlist in the military here: (http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7017076/1/). However, I highly recommend you joining the Executive Government. It is much safer than risking your life in the battlefield, even if we are a jinogistic region.

I still have some open questions!

Ask in the Executive Government discord here: Discord
If you don’t get an answer, track down your Delegate (Fedele#4147 ) or a Minister.

[hr]
Ministry Descriptions:

Department of Integration
Minister of Integration: Pakitsk

If you join the Department of Integration, you will become an Executive Staff member. We have over 6,000 nations that we can recruit from to join our forum and Discords. As a Recruiter, you will be active on the Regional Message Board, where you will interact with East Pacificans and drag them into our forum. You’ll also telegram them and help them. This basically means you’ll be interacting with all of TEP, which is very well worth it (I personally post on the RMB regularly). Once they are in the forum, they might have questions on how to navigate the forum or how to use it or what to do next, so you should explore the forums just to know where to direct people or what answers to give them (i.e. this is the government job thread, and the citizen app thread is above this thread, and there’s also the army application thread…) The Ministry may also create/organize fun events in coordination with Information and Culture. In addition, Integration holds the East Pacific Police Service, which enforces the endorsement caps gameside and generally monitors for potential spammers, recruiters, and other disturbers of the peace in the East.

Department of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Davelands

If you become a Diplomat in the Ambassador Corps: The Department of Foreign Affairs maintains interregional relations by communicating with other regions. Each embassy of TEP is either a treaty-ally or potentially-ally of TEP, and represents us abroad by establishing embassies in other regions. Each embassy is run by its own ambassador, and by joining the Diplomatic Corps you can also become one. As an ambassador, you will be a diplomat representing The East Pacific abroad. You will be expected to deliver any materials provided to you by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Delegate, and keep an eye out for anything in your assigned region that may be of interest to The East Pacific. Of course, you will need to conduct yourself in a manner appropriate to a diplomat at all times. Being an Ambassador is a great way to get exposure to different regional cultures, meet new people, and make a name for yourself interregionally.
The Minister works closely with the rest of the government and community of The East Pacific to swiftly communicate information to the rest of the NationStates World. It falls on the shoulders of these brave men and women to decipher strange foreign dialects, interact with new types of peoples, and to express the will of The East Pacific to them. You will be taught these skills and more. Not for the faint hearted.
”How do you know so much about swallows?” “Well, you have to know these things when you’re a king, you know.”

The East Pacific Sovereign Army (E.P.S.A.)
General and Overseeing Officer: Open
General: Open
Officer: Open

The EPSA is the military arm of the East Pacific. By joining EPSA you will be taught how Raiding and Defending (military gameplay) works within NationStates while working with allies to achieve common goals for a better, stronger, East Pacific.
Join the Navy they said, See the World! They said.
You can sign up for EPSA here (http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7017076/1/)

Information and Culture
Minister of Information and Culture: Angel of Charity

Information and Culture, as one might expect, has two components. Information is built upon the old EPNS, and handles writing about events of interest to the TEP citizenry, from RMB RP to interregional events to electoral races. Those who join this portion of the Ministry must show excellent writing ability and a willingness to work with some unusual topics. Culture primarily works on fun festivities, often alongside other regions, such as the recent Burning Koala festival or the TEP-Balder Gala. Creativity is a must for anyone hoping to work in either section of the Ministry.

Department of Education (University of The East Pacific)
Secretary of Education: Zukchiva

The Ministry of Education aspires to provide all Citizens, Residents and any visitors information, education, and knowledge on the region of TEP, its history and culture, laws and quirks, as well as on Nationstates itself. This effort is spearheaded through the TEP University and the Bachtendekuppen Memorial Library. You can sign up at the University here: (http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7011697/1/)

Department of Design
Minister of Design: Squid Ruinosa

The Ministry of Design is the artistic and promotional arm of the Executive Branch. Its membership is nonbinding outside of administrative roles, so individuals can transition between roles that suit their skills. The main operational goals of the Ministry are to: provide the region with attractive and thematic supplements to dispatches, telegrams, and events, issue Service Ribbons for EPSA operations, supply national flags and badges to nations that request them, and maintain the region’s visual reputation. The MoD is distinct from the Cartographers in that it potentially services all aspects of artistry, from ASCII art to flags to border scripts.

The Minister of Design maintains oversight over the Ministry and signs off along with the Delegate on new departments. Department Heads lead teams of Designers who handle particular things such as flags, ribbons, etc. Designers work on projects they are given as a group or can choose their own projects to work on individually, depending on necessity and amount of staff.

To join the MoD, request an interview in the Design channel of Discord. The appropriate personnel will conduct a short session in which you will be required to provide a portfolio of the type of work you intend to do at the MoD. DO SO HERE: Discord

Ministry of World Assembly Affairs
Minister of World Assembly Affairs: Wallenburg

The World Assembly (hereafter abbreviated as WA) exists as one of the most integral elements of gameplay as it pertains to regional matters. Though membership is optional, it largely dictates the strength, influence, and notoriety of a region, and many players are entirely ignorant to this fact. The duty of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs is threefold: educate players on the nature and importance of the World Assembly, cultivate creative talent by promoting the drafting of passable proposals, and establish The East Pacific as a political powerhouse through improving regional presence in the body. In order to join the WA ministry, please sign up in this thread (http://forum.theeastpacific.com/topic/7016388/1/)

Name: Yuno
Nation in The East Pacific: Queen Yuno
Nation in the World Assembly: Queen Yuno
Brief summary of your history on NS: I started the game as a raider from DEN(now perma-banned org) and moved onto joining all the militaries out there, including leading TWPAF, The Kawaii Alliance, and HYDRA(the oldest incarnation) and raiding with Lily+SPSF (basically a lot of R/D military orgs) before I decided to run for Delegate and moved onto EPSA as encouraged by my EPSA friend The Atlae Isles and am just about done with interregional R/D gameplaying b/c 1) WA-lock 2) TEP has the best members + best RP 3) TEP-loyalty ^-^
How long have you been in TEP: 2yr
Discord Username: Yuno#7313
Status within Regional Discord: Present
Status within Executive Discord: Present
Ministries you are interested in joining: Foreign Affairs, East Pacific News Service, Culture (I went and filled the separate Culture app in the link supplied under that description )
Reason for joining: I’m online on discord everyday so I’m looking for something to do for my region (and I won’t vanish/quit randomly)
Anticipated duties: I want to distribute news about TEP to foreign regions, and I’d like to work on community projects for TEP
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I’m actually currently a member of all 9 ministries and I’m only writing this app to show new people how to create one >~>

Name: Joshie
Nation in The East Pacific: Blyskalia
Nation in the World Assembly: Blyskalia
Brief summary of your history on NS: Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands - YouTube
How long have you been in TEP: On and off for years
Discord Username: Joshbly#8121
Status within Regional Discord: Present or Absent: Present
Status within Executive Discord: Present or Absent: Present
Ministries you are interested in joining: Culture, Design, Police, World Assembly Affairs
Reason for joining: I like art, writing propaganda, policing people and making sure everything is running smootly, and also I like to write resolutions and whip up votes and endorsements
Anticipated duties: Making art, designing cool things, writing about the virtues of Yuno, interrogating someone on their slanderous statements against out savior Yuno, and then whipping up endos and stuff
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I’m experienced in design and propaganda, I have some police experience IRL, and I’m in MUN which helps with all the WA stuff

Name: Gñ
Nation in The East Pacific: Squid Ruinosa
Nation in the World Assembly: Squid Ruinosa
Brief summary of your history on NS: Hanging around on and off for a couple years
How long have you been in TEP: “Founded 6 years 314 days ago”. Current streak: 765 days
Discord Username: Gnapr#5417
Ministries you are interested in joining: Design
Reason for joining: Desire to be more involved with the development of the region while acknowledging own lack of free time and energy for interaction with large virtual communities.
Anticipated duties: Flag requests, banners, icons, propaganda posters, poorly photoshoped advertisement images…
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Making banners and badges for a Spore-based forum, some highschool “entrepreneurship” projects irl, the base for the current DMZ and Executive server’s icons

Name: Masque/TheMaskedReader
Nation in The East Pacific: Morlockland
Nation in the World Assembly: Morlockland
Brief summary of your history on NS: I was born in TEP, have stayed in TEP, and will stay in TEP.
How long have you been in TEP: Since August 24th, 2017
Discord Username: TheMaskedReader
Ministries you are interested in joining: Culture
Reason for joining: I enjoy the sheer amount of creativity that goes into the Culture department, as well as the creative ideas that get thrown around.
Anticipated duties: Participating in the active exchange of ideas, helping to create polls, doing whatever is asked of me.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Once was a FA Ambassador for TEP but I had to resign. I’ve been a Pollster for TEP before as well.

Name: Avalon of Volenruud
Nation in The East Pacific: Volenruud
Nation in the World Assembly: Volenruud
Brief summary of your history on NS: I’m what I would consider a new member of the game. I’ve only been growing my nation for a little over a month. Every step of the way has been guided by TEP officers and documents
How long have you been in TEP: about 45 days
Discord Username: Avalon of Volenruud
Reason for joining: I want to to return the favor of helping guide me to success within the world assembly, also Yuno wanted me to.
Anticipated duties: Rounding up the WA nations who haven’t endorsed Queen Yuno

Name: Pakitsk
Nation in The East Pacific: Pakitsk
Nation in the World Assembly: Pakitsk
Brief summary of your history on NS: Joined my friend in a UCR he made, joined RP UCR which fell apart, joined TEP during Z-Day.
How long have you been in TEP: Since last October.
Discord Username: Daughteria#6291
Ministries you are interested in joining: Immigration
Reason for joining: Is already here, also was convinced initially by Wonder Woman
Anticipated duties: Checking citapps, RMB Moderation
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Deputy Minister and Minister of Immigration

Name: Mecovy
Nation in The East Pacific: Pendragonania
Nation in the World Assembly: Pendragonania
Brief summary of your history on NS: Been here a long ass time so its hard to condense it. I used to just be a lil average joe who sat in the RMB from time to time, trying to get endos and grow my nation to a big ol powerhouse.
How long have you been in TEP: 4 and a half years.
Discord Username: Mecovy
Ministries you are interested in joining: My lovely EPNS, Immigration, FA, World Affairs.
Reason for joining: I’m the minister of one innit. And already in the others.
Anticipated duties: Writing all the bulletins for EPNS, Distributing said bulletins to other regions
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Minister all of the above. Just writing this to please our queen.

Name: Obscurae/Overthinkers/OT
Nation in The East Pacific: Lupi Obscurae
Nation in the World Assembly: Overthinkers
Brief summary of your history on NS: I wandered around UCRs for a couple months, joined TWP and stuck around, became truly involved in GP after 4-5 months in the game by joining both TWP’s military and FA program. Spent the next year experimenting in cosmopolitanism; then readjusted priorities early this year and cut down on unnecessary projects. Currently citizen of TWP, TEP, Karma, and Londinium, notable former citizenships include TSP and Laz (Dominion of).
How long have you been in TEP: 6-7 months actively, been lurking for a long time
Discord Username: WeirdoXVII#8247
Ministries you are interested in joining: Design, Foreign Affairs
Reason for joining: I’m currently a member of both. For Design I can do flag/banner/poster (or countryball) work, and have finally figured out vector art. <.< In FA, I have well over a year’s experience in various regions.
Anticipated duties: Taking design requests, representing TEP abroad, and just generally being around to do what needs done
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Been a member of Design since Aeneas was last Minister of Design, though I have not contributed much. Worked FA in TWP since late 2016/early 2017, been ambassador to Europeia for TEP since January, and was FA Minister in a UCR that unfortunately had to be shut down shortly after its creation.

Name: Auralia
Nation in The East Pacific: Auralia in the East Pacific
Nation in the World Assembly: Auralia
Brief summary of your history on NS: Substantial experience in the GA.
How long have you been in TEP: I’ve had a nation in and out of TEP for quite some time. I only joined the WA ministry recently.
Discord Username: Auralia#6234
Ministries you are interested in joining: Ministry of World Assembly Affairs
Reason for joining: Substantial experience in the GA.
Anticipated duties: Drafting and commenting on resolutions.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:

Name: Zukchiva
Nation in The East Pacific: Zukchiva
Nation in the World Assembly: Zukchiva
Brief summary of your history on NS: I joined last December in TEP, and began to chat on the RMB. I soon went on to the regional Discord, Skype, and Forums. After looking around I decided to join TEP Evolved. I then joined EPPS and EPSA. And later joined the Ministries of Culture and Immigration. Basically most of my time spent in NS was here in TEP.
How long have you been in TEP: 5 months
Discord Username: derp#9479
Ministries you are interested in joining: Culture, Immigration, EPPS, and EPSA (if that counts), Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Reason for joining: I want to do things in this region, for this region! :smiley:
Anticipated duties: Anything will do.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I am a part of the Magisterium.

Name: Fortuna
Nation in The East Pacific: The Three States of Fortuna
Nation in the World Assembly: The Three States of Fortuna
Brief summary of your history on NS: Joined in TEP, never left.
How long have you been in TEP: Since March of 2015.
Discord Username: Fortuna #9842
Ministries you are interested in joining: Well I’m already in News Service, World Assembly, and the EPSA, so Imma just stick with those.
Reason for joining: Because I found that these are where I can be most useful to the region.
Anticipated duties: Whatever is needed, I will do it.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I have dabbled a bit in the ministries I’m already in.

Name: Saradania/Sara
Nation in The East Pacific: Saradania
Nation in the World Assembly: Saradania
Brief summary of your history on NS: Joined NS on January 19th, with a nation that was founded in TNP. An internal problem and a day later, I created Saradania as my main nation, and moved to TEP. As a diplomat, I was able to explore the different regions with different cultures. A month later, I decided to join EPPS to feel a sense of regionalism, doing reports, being keen and observant on the RMB, being a member
How long have you been in TEP: 3 months
Discord Username: Saradania#3551
Ministries you are interested in joining: FA and EPPS
Reason for joining: I am currently a member of both.
Anticipated duties: For FA, being tasked to reach out and communicate with other regions. For EPPS, doing endo list reports and patrolling the RMB.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: N/A

Name: Algermaine
Nation in The East Pacific: Algermaine
Nation in the World Assembly: Algermaine
Brief summary of your history on NS:

*Brief flirtation with a Maoist Region named The Red Guards, and became the Border Control Minister for a while
*Spywork during four-month independent undercover operation in which I became part of the Iron Order’s inner circle as the Propaganda Minister
*Defection and Reception from SCUT; dossier trade and received job as the Social Media Division Direction and an informant; quit but remained a foreign agent for a hot minute
*Disillusionment by abuses, leaked info about SCUT leader
*Defection and Reception from the UCR; became the editor of the newly rebooted Conventian Report
*Venture to become an independent writer lead to Third Order Broadcasting and Myself being marked by the UCR
*Brief Partnership with Driselbia up until vote-rigging allegations
*Immigration into TWP

How long have you been in TEP: A little less than a week.
Discord Username: Algermaine(#3421)

*The East Pacific News Service
*The Ministry of Design
*The Ministry of Immigration

Reason for joining: Seems like the best avenue.
Anticipated duties: Writing (Journalistic and Editorial), Most Things In Graphic Design, Demographic Data Work, and Communicating with new residents.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Former Manager of The Red Guards’ Citizenship Census and Population Data, Main writer and artist for The Iron Order’s Primary Agitator Newspaper, Social Media Division Director (Artist and Editor for SCUT’s newspaper The Commonwealth Times), and the Chief Editor/Artist for the UCR’s Conventian Report.

Name: Kurnugia
Nation in The East Pacific: Kurnugia
Nation in the World Assembly: KI12
Brief summary of your history on NS: Was for about a month in TBH, changed the to TGW, active up to this date. I got promoted to Warden-Lieutenant ~2 months ago. Took it reluctantly.
How long have you been in TEP: 28 days
Discord Username: Kurnugia
Ministries you are interested in joining: Department of Immigration, Immigration Census Bureau
Reason for joining: I do like to have a chatter with other People, and I also like to work with stats/spreadsheets. Hence why I am especially interested to work in the Immigration Census Bureau
Anticipated duties: Chatting on the RMB, directing people to this forum and the discord and keeping the sheet up to date.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: None

Name:Flemingisa
Nation in The East Pacific:Shubunkins
Nation in the World Assembly:WA-Mobile due to R/D
Brief summary of your history on NS:I started in Nov 2014,Joined XKI until i CTE’d ln 2016. Remained CTE’d until Dec 2017 upon which i rejoined XKI, and joined TRR, TSP and TEP
How long have you been in TEP:About 2 months now
Discord Username:Ian Fleming#3658
Ministries you are interested in joining:Culture (already filled out separate application, Foreign Affairs, EPPS
Reason for joining:I want to help make a difference in TEP and bring it to new heights of greatness,I love planning Festivals and growing the WA power and security of my home regions. I also love interacting with other regions which is why io love FA so much
Anticipated duties:Providing EPPS reports, working on cultural events and supporting RP as well as working with foreign regions
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I have worked FA with XKI for some years as well as Cultural events with XKI and TSP.

Name: Ema Skye
Nation in The East Pacific: Emma Skye
Nation in the World Assembly: Emma Skye (Changes a lot due to EPSA)
Brief summary of your history on NS: I started out in TNP, and I’ve made my way to here.
How long have you been in TEP: Since Dec 25 2017, according to my profile
Discord Username: Ema Skye#5240
Status within Regional Discord: As Present as a President
Status within Executive Discord: Also as Present as a President
Ministries you are interested in joining: Immigration, Foreign Affairs, Culture, and World Assembly
Reason for joining: I want to help TEP, and I have tons of previous experience in Culture, along with some experience in FA and WA
Anticipated duties: I anticipate doing fun event planning for culture, ambassadoring to other regions for TEP, and doing checks for immigration.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Minister of Culture for Merridel, Former Deputy Minister of Culture for The North Pacific, Former TNP Ambassador, and Member of World Assembly Affairs for TNP

Name: YoshiGoneNuts
Nation in The East Pacific: [nation]Ju-pu-ter[/nation]
Nation in the World Assembly: [nation]Ju-pu-ter[/nation]
Brief summary of your history on NS: I joined, made a flag, solved some issues, got into a raid… pretty much it.
How long have you been in TEP: 4 Days
Discord Username: YoshiGoneNuts#1736 May be changed for an alternate since there are so many servers
Ministries you are interested in joining: Design.
Reason for joining: I like making flags I suppose, only real motive, along with the fact I pay for Photoshop so better use it.
Anticipated duties: Flag making.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I helped in a raid thingy once.

[spoiler]https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592188.1995-smiley.gif?ttinline=true
<< This makes it professional.[/spoiler]

Name: Fallow
Nation in The East Pacific: Winfallow
Nation in the World Assembly: Winfallow in like 25 days
Brief summary of your history on NS: I spawned in the Pacific, moved to KR from a friend recommendation and participated there before defecting to The East Pacific
How long have you been in TEP: about 2 days at writing this
Discord Username: Mark “The Zucc” berg
Ministries you are interested in joining: Foreign Affairs
Reason for joining: I used to be Foreign Affairs minister in KR and is pretty much the only thing I am good at
Anticipated duties: Speaking with ally regions of TEP to better TEPs standing in the interregional community
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Ex-Foreign Affairs Minister of Kaiserreich

Name: Atlae
Nation in The East Pacific: The Atlae Isles
Nation in the World Assembly: Formerly The Atlae Isles, now on EPSA deployment
Brief summary of your history on NS: Founded in some GCR, moved to a region, moved to another region that was in a lot of turmoil, eventually moved to TEP, met a lot of friends, joined EPSA, later joined TWP and TNP (with decreased involvement now)
How long have you been in TEP: 1.5 years
Discord Username: Atlae Isles#0779
Ministries you are interested in joining: FA, Immigration, Culture, Education, EPNS
Reason for joining: was in those ministries previously
Anticipated duties: FA diplomatic advisor, University Professor, Member of Immigration, writer in EPNS.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Former MoFA in TEP, Former Deputy Minister of FA in TWP, Current Deputy Minister of Home Affairs in TNP.