Continents

Personally I think that we should name the continents and regions. It could help the roleplay, and liven up the things here, I think.
http://i.min.us/ijTTY4.png
Here is the map with the regions I think should be named. Of course if someone disagree with the division, I will gladly listen to his thoughts.
Colours there are: Pink, Red, Yellow, Green, and Dark and Light Blue (those last two preferably should be named North X and South X). Besides there are areas of Yellow Stripes, Red Stripes, Pink Stripes, and Gray Stripes
Black spots, shall just carry the name of the nation that resides there.

I know that most of the water there is “The East Pacific”, but Yellow, Pink and Red Stripes are Gulfs or Bays, and the Gray stripes I think should be it’s own sea.

Seeing as almost all continents in the world have names that start with A (with the exception of Europe, but we are just hipsters and stuff), I think it would be a good idea to carry on that trend here. Maybe change the letter to P, after all, we are on the Pacific.

To the Mainland (Red), the name PACIFIA would stick pretty good, I think. As for the others I do not have any ideas at the moment.

Please share your opinions and ideas.

Yes, even if you disagree.

Here are some ideas:

Ceylenon
Marsianon
Lucernur
Agyra
Virynica
Sylvundia

I like this idea, although the big chunk of land seems too…land-ish…to be named Pacifica. I think it would apply better to the central continents to be “North & South Pacifica.” The reason mainly being that those two are comprised mainly of islands, which seems to fit a Pacific feel, although the two easternmost continents might also fit that description.

Vulshain’s names sound good, whichever continent they may be applied to. I would just remove one of them and use the North-South thing Smigsachenweiz suggested.

Hmm, seeing as the Capital District is within those islands, you may be right. Central Islands should be named North & South Pacifia.

I like the Vulshain’s names, though personally I think that they should start with P. Of course that’s just my opinion. Besides that would allow for the pink continent to be called Petitia, because it’s the smallest in the region.

Maybe include the black islands around pink in with pink continents?

I like this idea a lot, Smig. I know my nation has been using “Gulf of Itur” as the name for the gray and blue striped sea

For the cyan nations, I don’t know why, but Pasocania sounds kind of cool. Sort of like a Pacific + Oceania. shrugs

I think that is a good idea, except I think all the islands should be part of a continent. The southwestern islands of Blue-Stripe Sea should probably go with green, and the northern ones with yellow (including Moafin). The Sacred Lands is in the middle, so that could go either way. Bai Lung and Defiant Workers could be part of red, along with some of the Yellow-Stripe Channel islands (The Gulf of Itur).

All the northwest islands and the other islands in the Gulf can then go to pink as Veerilion suggested. Those are just my thoughts.

Agree, all islands should be part of a continent.

http://nine.frenchboys.net/country.php

This is where I came up with the names. Comes in handy.

Red = Hiveland
Or the wastes

— Begin quote from ____

Red = Hiveland
Or the wastes

— End quote

I thought it all was Hiveland?

More ideas:

Panavion
Scotinthaea
Grananthon
Pelymnya
Virarova
Rhodarnia
Pontantica
Peruria
Paranica
Cesanul
Norasion
Perardia
Peronini
Cesibova
Parevis
Tirilea
Zeelarctova
Itygias
Peralaia
Salinthaea
Terrundaea
Panarnias
Paricene
Pontuarya
Sylvitona
Geniatya
Parenus
Angladaia
Espiatus
Eulonis
Molevul
Namibum

What do y’all think?

BGP has always called “her island” (the yellow continent) Pasifika or the Pasifika subcontinent. It might even be referenced in Rubicon during an exchange between BGP and Carbonis. We’ve also called the central body of water (and, at the time, with DFD’s blessing) the Keigan Sea after The Sacred Land’s Keigan religion.

— Begin quote from ____

BGP has always called “her island” (the yellow continent) Pasifika or the Pasifika subcontinent. It might even be referenced in Rubicon during an exchange between BGP and Carbonis. We’ve also called the central body of water (and, at the time, with DFD’s blessing) the Keigan Sea after The Sacred Land’s Keigan religion.

— End quote

That works I guess.

Yellow=Pasifika

Light Blue=South Pacifia

Dark Blue=North Pacifia

Red=Pontuarya

Pink=Ceylenon (or Peylenon)

Green=Paranica

Yellow Stripes=Gulf of Itur

Pink Stripes=Tirilea Gulf

Red Stripes=Grananthon Channel (similar to the English Channel between France and England)

Gray Stripes=Keigan Sea

Great idea!

I can´t believe it took so long for us to think on naming tep continents.

http://i.min.us/ikcDrY.png
Shall I change anything?

I always assumed that each language would have their own names (mostly from other languages, but spelled wrong). So would this be the English consensus?

Also, Angladaia sounds like an English Shangri-La. Brilliant.

— Begin quote from ____

I always assumed that each language would have their own names (mostly from other languages, but spelled wrong). So would this be the English consensus?

— End quote

Yeah, it’s just for the convenience of roleplay. Of course every language will have it’s own, sometimes much different variations.

My understanding is that Christie Island is named for a fallen NS player. Perhaps Christania instead of North Pacifia?

It would be nice to hear FPS and EM thoughts on South Pacifia.

Do the gulf and channel names have history or were they just chosen?

— Begin quote from ____

My understanding is that Christie Island is named for a fallen NS player. Perhaps Christania instead of North Pacifia?

It would be nice to hear FPS and EM thoughts on South Pacifia.

Do the gulf and channel names have history or were they just chosen?

— End quote

I believe the only ones that had their names prior was Gulf of Itur and Kiegan Sea.

The sea and continent names look fine to me, though. No qualms here - it makes things a little easier when describing things.