Delegate Albrook's End of Term Address & 10 Year Anniversary

Albrook’s first custom flag, set around Spring or Summer 2013

What better day to share this than today. 10 years ago today – both todays really, the one in my current time zone and for those of you where it is already tomorrow – I founded Albrook. Your NS reporting tools say I founded it exactly 10 years ago today somehow, yet the date was actually June 3 and it is June 2 for me right now…allow me to just take solace that this mixup places my founding date on Akai Haato’s debut date, by serendipity.

I already shared my life story with you in my opening address: but 10 years ago today I was a new nation, 9 years ago I was a new Delegate of the Glorious Nations of Iwaku, and today at the end of those 10 years I am wrapping up my delegacy as the Delegate of The East Pacific.

Albrook’s first flag post-refounding on Super Bowl Sunday 2016, after a 9-month CTE

But friends, allow me to empower you: there are players merely a fraction of my nation’s age, such as our new Viceroy Shadow – who has an impressive rapsheet of positions here in TEP all accumulated since only April 2020. My time came later as I was always content where I was, until I made a sudden leap onto the next thing. But if you seek glory, to seek to serve your region, to seek to experience what NationStates and The East Pacific has to offer you – go for it. It need not take you 10 years. Ask Viceroy Shadow. Ask Deputy Provost CyberiumShadow. Ask Minister of Hospitality Romanoddle.

I am proud today to be doing what I have been for the past six years. I am a trainer – I enjoy empowering the next cohort of leaders, doers, and those participating who’ll eventually see their potential in all that I do. I know I’m not here forever – so why keep secrets? Why keep myself so important I can never take a break? Why hog the captain’s chair for nobody else to claim?

Delegate Albrook’s flag, as presented as the regional flag during the second half of October 2021

So today I celebrate 10 years of Albrook, but also say cheers to 10 more years of our homelands and our passions.

As we close our chapter on Delegate Albrook, please never forget what I fought for most in your name: each of your voices is important to the good of the group. If you wish for something cool to happen, like an art competition you can design yourself – simply speak and we’ll listen. We’re always hiring, Serge present or not.

Hail Pacificum Orientale!
-Aurora Yukihime of Albrook, the 24[sup]th[/sup] Delegate of The East Pacific

Thank you for your service to our great region. You have served us well, I’d say.

Hail Pacificum Orientale, and let’s go Yankees.

• AC

Thank you. Love from Forum Roleplay.

Aurora means “sunrise” in Latin. Despite your NS age, you arrived toTEP not long ago, in a new sunrise of your NS life, and it seems like you always were here. That’s a state of mind you’ve managed to get in me, and probably several of us, thanks to dedication, work, and some memes too. Now that you enter TEP’s history, I hope you feel satisfied after 8 months of a great, peaceful and effective delegacy.

Salve, Aurora, Legata Pacifici Orientalis.

The Banime People’s Front hereby declares victory and extends its sincere congratulations to our worthy adversary.

Thank you for your service, Aurora. You did well.

Can’t wait to see what you do next in this weird old game :>

Time sure does fly. o7

o7 thanks for giving me a shot in the big leagues Aurora, I owe you one.