[DISCUSSION] New Roleplay Map

For your consideration:

• I doubled the image so you can see how the world, TEP Urth, wraps about a globe.
  • Scale is 1px = 40km. This makes Urth approx. 0.7%-0.8% larger than Earth.
  • Prime Meridian can be moved to wherever makes the most sense as having once been the center of the known world.
  • I feel like the central landmass between “Classic TEP” and “Africa” should move south and open up the sea lanes.
  • Biomes and tectonic plates can be added with enough interest/input.

This does not/will not replace the regional map reserved for citizens. I personally believe everyone is entitled to a map plot, but consistent RPers shouldn’t be bound by the coming and going of so many casual players.

Thanks,
BGP

Ooooh! I love it!

Good one.

If we’re going to call it “Urth” we should add biomes similar to those of Earth, following the patterns presented here (I’ve forgotten all the technical terms from ninth grade geography >.>).
I also do think that ‘Africa’ could be moved a little farther south.

Cool. How soon can we start selling plots to countries?

drools

volunteers to help with updates/enhancements

Still playing around a bit with the rough draft.

D::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Me gusta

Thats one bad ass Urth

I have only one thing to say about this Urth and that is that I really like how this is turning out.

Likewise.

I’m having difficulty eliminating distortions when overlaying onto Globe. Would everyone be okay with that until a solution is found? We will still end up with a great RP flat map with long & lat.

Technically the distortions are made in the making of an earth shape to a square map, I would suggest a butterfly projection?

I could sign off on this. Plus no need to change my territorial shape. I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Will be interesting to see what the final version of the map will look like.

I give it a https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592186.2827-smiley.gif?ttinline=true
:B)

Very cool

Preview; if you want anything changed (within reason) speak now. I’m starting the NW quadrant tonight.

Thanks for posting this. After looking it over, I’m not a big fan of splitting the island-continent SY and Vulshain were on. It sort of disrupts the gulf, which has been the source of a lot of RP’s, and kind of changes a few storylines.

I agree with Todd - I would like my country location to be relatively similar to what I have now.

Technically, it would have been as the proportions are nearly identical. I’m working on it though.

It’s looking lovely. Can’t wait to get RPing on it. :slight_smile: