[DISCUSSION] TEP Biome Map

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/aU88LJ1.gif
[/spoiler]
http://i.imgur.com/P1CAHKH.png
This is my initial take on how TEP Urth’s biomes would look. I removed various layers so we could get a good view of how this would affect our nations. This is not canon! - only my original thoughts based on Packilvania’s suggestion. Please post your ideas and even edit the map to illustrate. To keep the project moving along, I’m going to close the discussion in two weeks (Sunday, 16 November) and lock the map as TEP Evolved canon.

Thanks!

ETA - all the islands are ‘Tropical Rainforest green’ right now because there’s a helluvalot of those lil bastardos.

I would like some of that mediterranean scrub and woodland action.

I’d like to keep the desert in the very north of SH though for a upcoming plot.

This works for me. I like how much effort and thought you put into this, BGP. I don’t know if people express that enough.

BGP has put more effort into this map revamp than I have seen in TEP for a fair while.

Our eternal thanks to BGP

Northeast Pax is mostly barren mountains forming a natural border between the Veak and Pax.

Pax like the massive grasslands to his northwest. Pax may need to make those grain farms…

I’m satisfied with the biomes.

— Begin quote from ____

Northeast Pax is mostly barren mountains forming a natural border between the Veak and Pax.

Pax like the massive grasslands to his northwest. Pax may need to make those grain farms…

— End quote

Would it be beneficial for me to add a “extreme mountain range biome” to the color key?

They seem to work alright for me.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Would it be beneficial for me to add a “extreme mountain range biome” to the color key?

— End quote

Possibly.

Anyone else have mountains?

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

— End quote

Possibly.

Anyone else have mountains?

— End quote

I know I would have some Rocky-style ranges. I’ll go ahead and add it in this week.

I don’t yet have a place on the map, but my nation does have a small mountain range, where it’s last family of ancestral dragons live.

— Begin quote from ____

I don’t yet have a place on the map, but my nation does have a small mountain range, where it’s last family of ancestral dragons live.

— End quote

In this instance, we’re talking about peaks in the magnitude of the Rockies, Alps, and Himalayas. Once we figure out our continental plates, I’m certain we’ll find you an appropriate mountain range to call your own.

Here’s how I envision the biome of TEP surrounding vekaiyu:

Also mountains might be good to add, lol

We’ll need to discuss the extent of the Mediterranean biome and how our oceanic currents allow it to be more prevalent along the equator and beyond 30 N/S.

I just assumed the waters of the Itur were warm on the southern currents. This is also due to the fact that we didn’t RP with the continent that far north prior, but I do know the northern nations are much colder.

Would it be possible for my three northern islands to be tundra instead of polar ice caps? And yes, the map looks incredible. Excellent job.

This is a very nice map indeed. I’m okay with the rainforest in my plot.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/ynt5L4L.gif
[/spoiler]

Tossed in some of the changes brought up here and in Skype. Also added dk brown for “High Mountains.” Regard that biome as alpine areas with an average altitude of 2,500 meters (8,200 ft).

Thanks BGP, that was what I was trying (and failing miserably) to tell you I wanted :stuck_out_tongue:

Zeorus would have a mountain range defining the northern border with Xoriet. Aside from that, I’m quite impressed with this. Well done as always, BGP. :slight_smile: